Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Has anyone else noticed a price increase on these meals since the first time buying them? I have bought the meals at Dillon's (Kroger) for ~$3.77 in the past. I went on Sunday and was going to buy some and they were $4.77 and they only had Farmhouse breakfast, Crustless Chicken Pot Pie and Meatloaf.

I passed on them!!! I haven't checked at Walmart to see if they went up there as well, but just wanted to ask the boards. These dinners worked out great for work, but I refuse to pay that price for a frozen dinner!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2getmoving View Post
Has anyone else noticed a price increase on these meals since the first time buying them? I have bought the meals at Dillon's (Kroger) for ~$3.77 in the past. I went on Sunday and was going to buy some and they were $4.77 and they only had Farmhouse breakfast, Crustless Chicken Pot Pie and Meatloaf.

I passed on them!!! I haven't checked at Walmart to see if they went up there as well, but just wanted to ask the boards. These dinners worked out great for work, but I refuse to pay that price for a frozen dinner!
Yup, they went up about 50 cents each at my Walmart Supercenter when I bought them this weekend. They are $3.99 for the breakfast ones and $4.50 now for the lunch & dinner ones. Still cheaper for me than eating out. The price was even slightly higher at my regular grocery store (I think $4.18 for the breakfast ones, not sure about the others).

Last edited by Mistizoom; 04-15-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #513
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
It's funny. I haven't bought any since the original purchase and review. I was a bit miffed that the store refused the coupon, but they sent me one replacement for a dollar off. But I still find the a bit on the expensive side.

For the price of one of the Atkins meals, I can go to the Inoko's express and get the lunch chicken special that is miso or onion soup, a small salad, wok fried chicken and zuchini and onions, and I could just leave off from eating the rice. and if I pay cash I get a 10% discount so it's actually cheaper than the meals.

Oh, Well. still it IS good to have options, even if they are more EXPENSIVE options.

It's been making me think about choices : Your Food or Your Money. How they are trying to teach low income people to eat "on a budget" but budget items tend to be carby items. And a friend's comment when I said how The documentary Fat Head countered the Documentary Supersize me by showing that people can choose the items on the menu and don't have to supersize. She said" Well Poor people eat at these place" and I said, "Yeah, but Poor people will be buying from the dollar menu, not the super Double Whopper that costs $5."

I sometimes wonder if people would look down on me not only for buying a really expensive frozen meal, but also a meal with the Atkins Label.

Pushy Friend: "Not only are you wasting money, but you are eating unhealthy as well....! Here, This Lean Cuisine Low Fat Macaroni and Cheese only costs $1." Me:
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: peretroika
Stats: 5'2 140lbs
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Pushy Friend: "Not only are you wasting money, but you are eating unhealthy as well....! Here, This Lean Cuisine Low Fat Macaroni and Cheese only costs $1." Me:
I get this kind of thing a lot from coworkers. Right, the hardboiled eggs I brought to work are so unhealthy, so go ahead, eat another 3.00 sugary 'low fat' yogurt and complain you're hungry at 10am.

I only ate a frozen meal once, because I BEGGED my mother to let me have one. She did, and I ate it when I got home from school. Strangely satisfying but not something I think I'll ever repeat....they are crazy expensive, tiny, and takeout is a thing that exists, thank G-d.
peretroika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #515

Gallery: pocahontas
I found them over the weekend at our Safeway. Previously they were only sold at Walmart I believe and I am not a Walmart shopper. Anyway, they were on sale for $3 each and compared to buying lunch in the City, it's a steal of a deal! I have only tried 2, the Tex Mex breakfast one and the Meatloaf. I thought both were great, the breakfast was really good. I was kind of surprised considering most frozen meals are . Anyway, I bought one of each and threw them in the freezer for when Im in a pinch or need something quick.

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/216/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I finally ate my first meal. It was the chicken pot pie. Pretty good. I added some broccoli to it to give it more volume. I think they are too pricey for the amount you get.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #517

Gallery: pocahontas
Had the Italian Sausage Primavera for lunch.....it was pretty good!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Walmart Price Rollback

Went to my Walmart tonight to pick up some more frozen meals....almost all the flavors had a price rollback to $2 each! For some reason the Farmhouse Sausage Scramble was still $3.48 though. I stocked up as I have been eating them every weekday for lunch.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Went to my Walmart tonight to pick up some more frozen meals....almost all the flavors had a price rollback to $2 each! For some reason the Farmhouse Sausage Scramble was still $3.48 though. I stocked up as I have been eating them every weekday for lunch.
I wonder if they are doing away with them....hope not. I don't have them very often but I like knowing they are in the freezer if I need one.
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Wow - I missed that one, darn it! I bought a few today at Walmart and they were $3.48 or $3.98, but I had several $1.00 off coupons which made it nice.
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sofl
Stats: 190/147/?
WOE: Low carb/kinda Atkins
Start Date: June 2007
Three new dinners on the market!.....Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry, Italian-Style Pasta Bank and Chicken Marsala. I think they'll be pretty tasty.

These may not be the healthiest things to eat, but they sure do come in handy in a pinch. I keep them at work to eat for lunch when I don't have time for anything else.

FYI: there is a coupon online for $2 off any one meal and doesn't expire until 12/31/13.
I made lots of copies and have gotten some great deals (buy 1 for $4.00 and get 1 free used 2 coupons= 2 dinners for free! - I bought like 30 of them for free!) Even if they cost $3 or $4 each, using the coupon and lunch is only a buck or two.

Off to search for these new meals!
sofl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #522
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Thanks for the info!
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #523
Big Yapper!!!!

I had to look up the descriptions of these meals and I have to say I'm kind of excited. Not about the chicken marsala, I thought there was one similar to that already, but the other two. The one has real pasta. I'm sure it's the Atkins pasta, idk how I feel about it but I sure would like to try it to see how it effects my weight loss.

All of the savory, premium entrees are good for all phases of the Atkins Diet™. The line contains no added sugars, are a satiating 310-390 calories, and contain seven grams of Net Carbs or less. New meals launching June 2013 include:

• Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
Premium grilled white meat chicken breast, broccoli florets, green beans and red bell peppers in a sesame sauce

• Chicken Marsala
Premium grilled white meat chicken breast, Portobello mushrooms, green beans and red bell peppers in a Marsala wine sauce

• Italian-Style Pasta Bake
Custom Italian sausage and premium beef with penne pasta, classic tomato sauce and topped with Mozzarella Cheese

From Atkins site.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #524
Big Yapper!!!!

I have still not been able to find the Chile Con Carne or Beef Merlot locally.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
Start Date: April 2013 restart
We don't have any of these locally. I will have to try and remember to look next time we 'travel '
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofl View Post
[B]
FYI: there is a coupon online for $2 off any one meal and doesn't expire until 12/31/13.
I made lots of copies and have gotten some great deals (buy 1 for $4.00 and get 1 free used 2 coupons= 2 dinners for free! - I bought like 30 of them for free!) Even if they cost $3 or $4 each, using the coupon and lunch is only a buck or two.
Where is the coupon? On the Atkins site?
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #527
Big Yapper!!!!

I picked up a pasta bake one today. It was the inky one they had, but I'll let yall know when I try it.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sofl
Stats: 190/147/?
WOE: Low carb/kinda Atkins
Start Date: June 2007
Kismet311 - If you do a google search for "Atkins coupon" you should be able to fine one, it shows up on quite a few coupon sites. Just keep hunting and you''ll find it. I didn't get mine off the Atkiins site, so I'm not sure if it's on there or not.
sofl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the info on the new meals. I hope I can find them locally. I'm shocked the pasta one has only 10 g total carbs. Must be mostly sauce! Not sure if I will try that one, seems like it could be a slipperly slope.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

I can always find them under $4 each but a coupon would be nice. I will look online this weekend before i go shopping.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Thanks for the info on the new meals. I hope I can find them locally. I'm shocked the pasta one has only 10 g total carbs. Must be mostly sauce! Not sure if I will try that one, seems like it could be a slipperly slope.
I was thinking the same thing. It's been over a year since I've had carbs other than dairy and nuts and veggies, and I don't want to deal with carb cravings from introducing anything back. I am interested to see what the ingredients are in the sesame sauce, though. That one sounds good!
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

I went to my Walmart Supercenter today and they had shelf space for all three new meals, plus chili which I have never seen. Yea! However there were no new meals there yet, or else someone bought them already. There is another Walmart close to my house that sells groceries, where I actually found the meals for $2 once, so I'll check there this weekend.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
I was at Walmart today and they had all the new meals. The sesame sauce uses concentrated raisin juice. So, that one's a "no" for me. I'm not willing to eat pasta, so that one's also a "no" for me, and, I don't like mushrooms, so I didn't try the marsala either. Dang!
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lowcarbie
Stats: 220/194/??????
Start Date: restart again: 3/1/2014
I tried the Italian Style Pasta Bake and it was very good. The portion was small though. I also bought the Sesame Chicken Stir Fry and the Chili Con Carne (finally found it at Walmart) but I haven't tried these yet. I hope Atkins continues to offer these dinners and also new entrees in the future.
lowcarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Just tried the Chili Con Carne today and it was delicious!! They give a good portion, it needed more cheese though so I topped it with two slices of cheese and mixed the melted cheese into the chili!!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

I ate the Chicken Stir Fry tonight and it is delicious!!! The portion size was good and it filled me up!!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCWizard
Stats: No More Scale
WOE: No Sugar Added & Persistence
I had the meatloaf aka Salisbury Steak last night. It was okay, didn't care for the green beans. Wish they separate the veggies in the plate. I bought a couple SEVERAL months ago and it was good to have on hand last night when I got home really late for dinner.
LCWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the reviews of the new meals, lowcarbie. Hope I can find them this weekend.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

I tried to find coupons online but the sites said the offers were no longer available. I did send away for the free Atkins Starter kit and got $1.00 coupon off a frozen meal so I will definitely pick one up. I might be standing at the freezer case for a longggg time trying to decide which one to get LOL
Old 06-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Found the three new meals plus the chili for the first time at Walmart. Bought two of each, except I only bought one of the pasta just in case it causes cravings or other issues. I am going try them for lunch this week. They were $3.48 each. I did have two $1 off coupons at least (not printed online).