Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #451
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Legacy
Stats: 338/239.4/199
WOE: Keto
Start Date: December 1, 2011
I found them at Publix and at Kroger. I've tried the Breakfast Bowl one and it was really good, but could have used more cheese. The chicken pot pie was pretty good. I am going to try and incorporate these 1 night and 1 lunch a week to give me a break from cooking.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
I got my coupon from Atkins, in response to my complain about the miserable amount of meat in the Beef Merlot.

I used it to get a chicken and broccoli alfredo. This one DID have an expected amount of chicken chunks in it (on par with other frozen dinners). The sauce was incredibly good! I wish it had more sauce to coat everything more! Probably they can use real alfreado sauce since they arent worrying about fat, like just about every other frozen dinner. The broccoli was fine, mushy, but ok for frozen dinner.

I couldnt help but think, how easy this would be to duplicate at home. Basically take some frozen broccoli, add some frozen grilled chicken strips, and pour store bought alfredo sauce over them (the refrigerated Buttoni's alfredo sauce is what it tasted like), and then microwave the thing when you are ready to eat. You could easily assemble it at home, or throw it into a bowl and haul to work and microwave there too.
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I found them at Publix and at Kroger. I've tried the Breakfast Bowl one and it was really good, but could have used more cheese. The chicken pot pie was pretty good. I am going to try and incorporate these 1 night and 1 lunch a week to give me a break from cooking.
I also like these breakfast bowls a lot but wanted more cheese. What I do is to cook it for 1 minute, carefully remove most of the cover and add extra grated cheese to it, mix it up, recover it and continue cooking. I also find that if I cook it for the recommended amt of time that the egg overcooks and becomes hard so I lower the temp some and cook it for 1 minute less than the time on the pkg and it comes out cheesy and with the egg softer like I like it. It depends on the power of your microwave - mine is fairly powerful.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
They are finally on sale for 2/$7. I might try one. The breakfast bowls look the best.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
They are finally on sale for 2/$7. I might try one. The breakfast bowls look the best.
Where?
Nelle Belle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My Kroger in Texas is now carrying them.

I had the Italian Sausage Primavera "Italian sausage with cauliflower, green beans and spinach in a creamy Parmesan Romano cheese and red pepper sauce" tonight.

It was HORRIBLE. The red pepper sauce tastes ok, but disappointing compared to how delicious the other sauces have been. The sausage was very musty tasting and tough and disgusting. There was a reasonable amount of meat, but unfortunately I didnt want to eat ANY of it due to the AWFUL taste. The green beans were the larger flat type of green beans and they were tough and stringly... like literally having trouble chewing them tough, such that I had to spit out part of it. I might have seen a single shred of spinach in there somewhere, but it was mostly absent. The cauliflower was perfectly cooked, very soft, but not mushy. Unfortunately the cauliflower was the only part of the meal that i can say anything good about.

This one was honestly so bad that I quit after a few tiny bites to try each component... I'm returning the whole kit and kaboodle to the store tomorrow to ask for a refund or exchange. I dunno if this thing got defrosted and thats why the sausage is so awful or what happened. The beef merlot (albeit miniscule amount of meat) and chicken alfredo ones were pretty decent.

Last edited by Strawberry; 03-02-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #457
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
I couldnt help but think, how easy this would be to duplicate at home. Basically take some frozen broccoli, add some frozen grilled chicken strips, and pour store bought alfredo sauce over them (the refrigerated Buttoni's alfredo sauce is what it tasted like), and then microwave the thing when you are ready to eat. You could easily assemble it at home, or throw it into a bowl and haul to work and microwave there too.
That's exactly what I was thinking, so we started a Atkins Frozen meal copy cat thread to share our ideas of how to duplicate them. Wanna come over and give your suggestions for this and other freezable meals? http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ighlight=metqa
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelle Belle View Post
Where?
Stop and Shop grocery store.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
We have tons of Walmarts here in the bay area but only 1 of them carries the frozen meals. I went there yesterday hoping to get the tex mex scramble, chicken alfredo and crustless pot pie... of course those along with the turkey/gravy were all sold out. I was sad. I went ahead and got the other scramble one, beef merlot, meatloaf and the italian sausage one. I ate the italian sausage yesterday and the beef merlot today. I liked them, not the greatest but I love the fact that I can have something different to eat as soon as I get off work and only takes a few minutes in the microwave. I cant wait to try the ones. I checked walmarts website and all of them are back in stock!!! grrr if only I had gone today instead...
Currently Breastfeeding
Current Weight: 258

babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sl1038
Stats: (204) 197/155.4/145 (first goal), 5'4"
WOE: Moderate Carbs, usually less than 75 per day
Start Date: February 2010/Restart November 2010
I work 2 jobs and don't always have time to hit the grocery store to grab lunches for the next work day. These are an awesome option for me!

I love, love, love the taste of the Beef Merlot one. I don't usually care for broccoli, but it's delicious in this meal flavored with the sauce. The sauce in the Chicken Alfredo is very flavorful. The broccoli in this one is more prominent tasting but still good. The Meatloaf is so so. I'd eat it again if someone gave it to me, but I probably won't buy it again. The sauce in that meal adds a great flavor to those veggies too, but, as others have mentioned, the meat is like a Salisbury steak. Although the chili tasted okay, the meat in it was squishy/spongy. I'm really particular about meat textures and usually font eat meats heated in the microwave. this one probably wont make my repurchase list either. I prefer the Farmhouse breakfast over the Tex Mex. All in all, I'm very happy with these meals and excited to try them all.
sl1038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
These really saved me recently. My family and I spent a week in sunny Florida (from Maine) in a rented condo. My idea of a vacation is NOT COOKING, so we bought lots of frozen breakfast meals, plus lunch meats, cheese eggs, pre cooked bacon, etc. for easy breakfasts. My husband and kids like the breakfast bowls that always seem to include potatoes but I was totally happy and satisfied with the Atkins breakfast bowls. Both varieties were easy, yummy and filling. I can't see eating them every day. At home I either eat eggs at home or buy boiled eggs cheaply at work. But on this occasion, they were supremely helpful and quite tasty.
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tryinghardtolose
Stats: 195/149.8/140
WOE: Atkins
I'm sorry...I read a lot of the posts but don't have time to read them all....so if this has been asked, forgive me please. I bought the chicken Alfredo and the beef merlot and enjoyed both of them. I baked them in the oven, but wanted to know if anyone has nuked them? Has anyone made them both ways and prefer one over the other option?

Thanks so much.....
Tryinghardtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I nuked mine and they came out great.
I have not oven baked anything to compare.

My favs so far have been the beef merlot and the chicken alfredo.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryinghardtolose View Post
I'm sorry...I read a lot of the posts but don't have time to read them all....so if this has been asked, forgive me please. I bought the chicken Alfredo and the beef merlot and enjoyed both of them. I baked them in the oven, but wanted to know if anyone has nuked them? Has anyone made them both ways and prefer one over the other option?

Thanks so much.....
I have only microwaved them. I like all the meals except for the meatloaf, though I haven't been able to find the chili yet.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #465
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: juaander
I live in Orlando, Florida.
I have bought these recently at Walmart for $3.99 ea. Publix also sells them for $3.99 but had them on sale recently for BOGO! I stocked up. I have tried each one and love them all. They do not taste like the typical frozen dinners (that seem to all taste the same). Hope this helps.
juaander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
I was at Safeway yesterday and they had them all including the meatloaf and the chili. First time I've seen the meatloaf or chili.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose View Post
I was at Safeway yesterday and they had them all including the meatloaf and the chili. First time I've seen the meatloaf or chili.

oOoh I hope the Safeway here has them... I'll have to check tomorrow!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got another Beef Merlot - this one was bought at Kroger (Not walmart) so it was a different batch. And I actually got a decent amount of meat!! YAY Atkins! I mean, its still a small amount, but reasonable for a frozen dinner.

Hopefully they have fixed this problem and there was just a batch of ones with skimpy meat at Walmart that I was buying.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Just stopped by Safeway tonight and was excited to see them there finally! I picked up the 3 I haven't tried yet.. the crustless chicken pot pie, chicken alfredo & broccoli, & the tex-mex scramble.. as well as another farmhouse scramble because I had it this morning with a slice of melted american cheese and it was delicious!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
I have purchased most of them, and I have to agree that the meatloaf dinner tastes more like a salisbury steak. I am very happy that Atkins finally has a frozen dinner option! I think they are good. We have been very busy on the weekends with competitive basketball and I haven't had time to cook for my 4 day work week, so I have been taking these for lunch and dinner instead of the SmartOnes. I just wish the price was more comparable to the SmartOnes and LeanCuisines.
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/222/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart March 2013
I have purchased them at Kroger.
Crustless Chicken Pot Pie, Beef Merlot and Chicken Alfredo.

The taste on all were good. The beef merlot looked less than appealing. but the taste made up for the fact it looked like cat food. The chicken alfredo, I could make that easily enough in my own kitchen. Also with a lot more substance.

They are fine for a quick lunch. If I were to eat them for dinner I would feel deprived for sure.
WickedStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakez View Post
Just stopped by Safeway tonight and was excited to see them there finally! I picked up the 3 I haven't tried yet.. the crustless chicken pot pie, chicken alfredo & broccoli, & the tex-mex scramble.. as well as another farmhouse scramble because I had it this morning with a slice of melted american cheese and it was delicious!
Glad your Safeway had them. I'm hoping to get back to my Safeway this weekend. I want to try the chili.
I think that my favorite so far is the crustless chicken pot pie.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #473

Gallery: Lisa M
WOE: Modified Atkins
I bought four because Publix had them buy one get one free a couple of weeks ago. My husband had one a week ago and I thought it looked pathetic. He said he liked it ok. I just now had one- the crustless chicken pot pie. For one thing there isn't enough food. For another, it tastes like lean cuisine or any other frozen entree it just happens to be lower carb. I doubt I'd buy them again unless they were BOGO and then have for times of desperation.
Lisa M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #474
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tundra
I also picked up some of the freezer meals and breakfast meals when they were BOGO. I haven't tried them, but my son loves them.
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AdeCafe
WOE: low carb my way, mostly atkins
Start Date: feb 07
I was out of town and staying in a hotel for business, instead of going out to eat on my expense account i went to meijer and picked up the beef merlot and some fresh berries. I just thought it was OK. It did not fill me up though i had nothing else to nosh on really so it had to do. I dont think i would buy them again unless i was in a pinch. The beef IMHO was tough. the broccoli was good. I think they are great for folks too busy to cook to help stay on plan.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeCafe View Post
The beef IMHO was tough. the broccoli was good. I think they are great for folks too busy to cook to help stay on plan.
The beef merlot is my least favorite. I wouldn't buy it again. But, I do like several of the others and take them to work for lunch when I don't have another option.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lowcarbie
Stats: 220/194/??????
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart again: 3/1/2014
I went to Walmart yesterday and I bought the turkey and green beans, the broccoli and chicken alfredo, the Farmhouse Scramble and the Italian Sausage primavera. I still haven't seen the chili yet. A lady saw me looking at the Atkins dinners and asked me about them, I told her overall all of them were very good just avoid the meatloaf because it is not good LOL!!!! She ended up buying 3 of them and thanked me for telling her about them. I hope Atkins continues to sell these dinners. The beef merlot was all gone, there was one box left and it was so beat up that I didn't buy it. Walmart needs to keep the Atkins dinners stocked like they do the other dinners, I would have liked to see the chili and more of the beef merlot.
lowcarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #478

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbie View Post
I went to Walmart yesterday and I bought the turkey and green beans, the broccoli and chicken alfredo, the Farmhouse Scramble and the Italian Sausage primavera. I still haven't seen the chili yet. A lady saw me looking at the Atkins dinners and asked me about them, I told her overall all of them were very good just avoid the meatloaf because it is not good LOL!!!! She ended up buying 3 of them and thanked me for telling her about them. I hope Atkins continues to sell these dinners. The beef merlot was all gone, there was one box left and it was so beat up that I didn't buy it. Walmart needs to keep the Atkins dinners stocked like they do the other dinners, I would have liked to see the chili and more of the beef merlot.
They most likely ordered an amount to test it out. If it sells well, the next order may be more sufficient and may keep up with sales....may I say...as I've seen things that should make sense not be done in many places.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would like to see them come out with some Asian stir fry type varieties.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
I would like to see them come out with some Asian stir fry type varieties.
Me too!
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote