LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jturpin1
Stats: 187
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted Jan 20, 2013
Atkin frozen meals are really good

I just returned to the Atkin diet about 2 weeks ago and was really happy to see Atkin come out with these items. Have tried 2 of them so far and they really are good tasting compared to the old one in the past. Unfortunately, I have only found the dinner ones here at our local wallyworld. Hope they start to carry the breakfast ones soon. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the whole day.
jturpin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: yvonne326
Stats: 197/193/160
WOE: Low Carb & Exercise
Start Date: 5/28/14
I can't find these anywhere in neighborhood. Anyone in Ocean County NJ that knows where these are sold?
yvonne326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Found them at Wal-Mart. Just tried the Crustless Chicken Pot Pie. Really yummy! Hubby even says they are good - makes for an easy lunch! I want to stock up on these BIG TIME! Not expensive either!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
I was told only Walmart has them right now. In 2 weeks other grocery stores should get in their first shipments. Most Walmarts I have been to have them on the end of the freezer sections.HTH.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #365

Gallery: yvonne326
Stats: 197/193/160
WOE: Low Carb & Exercise
Start Date: 5/28/14
I did not see them at Walmart when I was there last weekend. I will look again when I go there this weekend. Thanks.
yvonne326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Just tried the Tex-mex Scramble. I thought it was very good. Hubby and I found all but the Sausage Scramble (sold out) in the freezer case right alongside the Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones. Apx $3.50 each, which is alot cheaper that if we went out for lunch. I bought 2 of everything to try and 4 of the turkey ones, cuz hubby wants a couple of those.

I blew off my eating plan with the holidays and haven't been able to get back on track. When I was on plan, I tried to eat as clean as possible, but I also struggle with portion size, so I think these are gonna be just the ticket for me for the next couple weeks. I plan to eat out of the freezer until I get my cravings whipped. Breakfast will be one of the scrambles, lunch will be one of the other dinners, same for dinner but I'll add more veggie....broccoli, cauli, gr beans. After that, I'll go back to cooking/prepping on Sundays and only use the frozen dinners for emergencies. I'm actually pretty happy that I have these as an option.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AddysMommy
Stats: 188.5/185/145 (5'9")
Start Date: april 2012, restart feb 2014
PLEASE READ THE INGREDIENTS!!!!!

UMMMMM is it just me or did anyone else read the ingredients and see that these meals are NOT atkins friendly? Modified food STARCH, potato STARCH, CARROTS!!!! yes they taste good, because they have things in them we are NOT allowed to eat when on Low Carb. In a pinch they are better than the alternatives but i wouldn't eat too many.
AddysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #368
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Yeah, I read the ingredients, and the bottom line is they are low carb. IMO it doesn't matter where your carbs come from, carbs are carbs in my body. No I wouldn't eat them all the time but I'm not going to dog them because they aren't perfect.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MarcyDarcy
Stats: 195/180/173 goal: 135 or maybe lower
Start Date: November 2009
Had the Tex-Mex scramble this morning. It smelled WONDERFUL. I'm not sure if it has cumin in it or not, but I did not like the taste at all. Oh well, to each his own.
MarcyDarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

I just had the Beef Merlot for lunch. YUMMY! Even hubby who hates broccoli liked it. I WILL have that one again (with prob a little more broccoli added on the side if it's for dinner).
livinlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #371

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddysMommy View Post
UMMMMM is it just me or did anyone else read the ingredients and see that these meals are NOT atkins friendly? Modified food STARCH, potato STARCH, CARROTS!!!! yes they taste good, because they have things in them we are NOT allowed to eat when on Low Carb. In a pinch they are better than the alternatives but i wouldn't eat too many.
Thanks for the warning, but yes we are aware the ingredients. One of the reasons for the discussion about them. and it was pointed out many posts before that it has some ingredients that some people may not choose to eat and that they are not perfect, but while they may not be pure they are Low carb friendly in that they are indeed low in carbs. The ingredients you listed while not recommended to have during induction are in fact in such small quantities as to make them negligible carb wise.

The modified food starch, I looked it up, I believe is actually one of the resistant starches and is in fact fiber. Potato starch is starch but is often used as a powdering not a base ingredient. and while carrots do have more sugar than some other root vegetable, a Tablespoons worth is not going to kick someone out of ketosis if their daily menu of other foods is complementary.

All in all, if I accidentally blew some flour into your lowcarb dish while preparing the rest of dinner, it's not likely to make that much difference versus if I used that flour as the base of the meal. The source of the carbs ultimately doesn't matter to the body when counting carbs. It's the point made when saying would you rather have a slice of bread for 20 carbs or 2 salads and a cup of vegetables for the same carbs but more food and vitamins. The ingredients you mention are negligible for carbs. Some of the reasons for induction being devoid of grains and starchy foods is because of their high carb content, and also to break people of the habit of depending upon high starch foods as staples. But people are allowed to add them back into their diets later as they choose. starch and carrots are not "Not Atkins friendly" it just depends on which phase you are in that determines how much if any you can or should eat.

A person allergic to potato or grain ingredients needs to be aware of them hence the the detailed description of every ingredient, including things like carrots used to make broth, even if not a main ingredient or side dish.

But this is not to say You have to eat them or anyone has to eat them. Being aware of what is in your food is the ultimate freedom of choice. We , most of us, like to be aware of what is in our food and under certain circumstances allow ingredients we may not use at home because those ingredients are necessary for the purpose at hand, such as when making a marketable food product that caters to the regular shopper who has many more less ideal options. Lesser of two evil, let's say.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lowcarbie
Stats: 220/194/??????
Start Date: restart again: 3/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmsWay View Post
I just had the Beef Merlot for lunch. YUMMY! Even hubby who hates broccoli liked it. I WILL have that one again (with prob a little more broccoli added on the side if it's for dinner).
I agree, I just had the Beef Merlot for lunch too and it is very good. I agree, it needs a little more broccoli but it is very tasty, I will buy this one again!!!!!!
lowcarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpikersMom
Stats: 180/160/140
WOE: Atkins and primal
Start Date: restart in November 2013
I had the beef merlot on Friday - very good! I'm not usually a fan of beef in frozen meals cause it's either stringy or real icky fatty. But the meat was good. I bought a few more Atkins meals for the coming week. They will be my back up lunches in case I don't have leftovers from the night before.
SpikersMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NextLevel
Stats: 5'1", 107 lbs
WOE: Less carbs, more good fats, more whole foods
Start Date: 2009
Headed to Wallie World today. Hopefully I can find these meals!
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/132/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Not sold around here yet. I will keep checking but i only go to Walmart about once every other month
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Atkins Chick
Stats: I weigh only 1x a month on the 16th
WOE: Atkins/Induction till the last 20 lbs
Start Date: Restarted 4-12-14
Has anyone in the North East (New England) found these in Walmart? If so where?
Atkins Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lowcarbie
Stats: 220/194/??????
Start Date: restart again: 3/1/2014
I had the Tex Mex scramble for breakfast this morning and it was good!!! On the box, it shows cheese in it and mine didn't have any and it was a small portion but I found it was just enough for my breakfast. I would buy this one again.
lowcarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: exiledone1
Stats: 285/240/170
WOE: Atkins (The New Diet Revolution) on Induction
Start Date: 12/2/2013
I can't find the chili one anywhere Out of all of them I think the Turkey and the Farmhouse are the best. While I don't like eating them everyday it's the only thing keeping me going really.

I work ALL the time and don't have time to really cook anything...plus I suck at cooking lol. My days usually consist of food items I can fast without prep which isn't the best for me, but I'm still losing weight.

For instance, mircowaveable sausage and bacon for breakfast, a chicken salad for lunch and a Atkins for dinner. I have to admit that becauses of these I'm staying on track and at least trying different foods I would never really get to try due to cooking. So far so good, but yeah I need to get better, but Atkins Frozen is saving me at the moment.

Last edited by exiledone1; 01-28-2013 at 01:05 PM..
exiledone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins Chick View Post
I live in MA. There are two Walmarts close to home. One did not have them at all. The other one did but the two whole shelves they had were empty. The Walmart close to were I work (Plymouth MA) has them but they run out very quickly. The only one that seems to stay on the shelf is the TexMex Breakfast. I would rather save some money and scramble my own eggs.
SuePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

So far I've had the TexMex, the Farmhouse, Beef Merlot & Chick Pot Pie. I've enjoyed every one of them and will buy them again. The breakfast ones are a perfect size for me (for breakfast that is) and I add extra cauli, brocc or gr beans to the lunch/dinner ones depending on the veggie in the dish.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jijane21
Stats: 195/169/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: Latest start Jul 2013
FYI, anyone living near an HEB, I found them today at my local store in Round Rock.
jijane21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #382
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AmyJuli
Stats: 177 high, 122 low, lots in between
Start Date: 7/9/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins Chick View Post
I saw them at the Amherst, NH Walmart.
AmyJuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #383

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledone1 View Post
I can't find the chili one anywhere Out of all of them I think the Turkey and the Farmhouse are the best. While I don't like eating them everyday it's the only thing keeping me going really.

I work ALL the time and don't have time to really cook anything...plus I suck at cooking lol. My days usually consist of food items I can fast without prep which isn't the best for me, but I'm still losing weight.

For instance, mircowaveable sausage and bacon for breakfast, a chicken salad for lunch and a Atkins for dinner. I have to admit that becauses of these I'm staying on track and at least trying different foods I would never really get to try due to cooking. So far so good, but yeah I need to get better, but Atkins Frozen is saving me at the moment.

I think you are the type of person/lifestyle that these are marketed at and it seems you are making them work for you.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
I found them at my local Wal-Mart, bought the Crustless Chicken Pot Pie and the Turkey. Think I will dave them for a night I am feeling something quick n easy!
RobbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #385
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddysMommy View Post
Agreed. Low carbers seem to freak out when they hear that IHOP puts 1 spoonful of pancake batter in a HUGE vat of eggs for their omelets, but these non-LC, non-healthy ingredients are OK just because they fall under the "Atkins" name? Doesn't make any sense to me.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #386
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
Agreed. Low carbers seem to freak out when they hear that IHOP puts 1 spoonful of pancake batter in a HUGE vat of eggs for their omelets, but these non-LC, non-healthy ingredients are OK just because they fall under the "Atkins" name? Doesn't make any sense to me.
The thing is, we don't know really what IHOP puts in the eggs. There are no accurate carb counts because for all we know, it could vary from batch to batch. The atkins meals are precise and the same for the most part, so we know how many carbs we are getting. That's how I look at it anyways.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
Seems to me that if everyone was perfect and ate a perfect diet everyday, this board wouldn't even exist.

We are here to support each other and give suggestions/help. These may not be the best choice out there, but while not perfect, MUCH better than falling face-first into a plate full of french fries. They are helping me with portion control and I personally am using them as needed and will continue to.

Maybe I'll move onto a cleaner diet in time. I'm just not at that point yet. These are working for me right now...the convenience factor is keeping me in check. Everbody has to start somewhere. I am just in a different place in my journey than you.... .
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/205/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Had the Italian Sausage Primavera for lunch at work today and I really liked it. It has a roasted red pepper cream sauce on it - yum. Might have to try replicating something like that at home. It is the first one I've had that I think is "enough" food for a meal. Maybe it's the 25 g of fat? Not sure the others I've eaten had that much fat.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
I don't understand why people feel they have to write to this thread to complain that these dinners aren't perfect. They are just frozen dinners and we all know that they won't compare to the perfect, "clean" foods we all cook for ourselves 100 percent of the time ;-) Let's compare them, instead, to the myriads of frozen foods in the grocery store and if we do that, they are better for us and taste better than any others I've had. If you have a busy life and depend on these everyday and they help you to stay low carb, I think it's great that we have them. In that way, you can compare them to something like the Jenny Craig, etc diets but maybe with less choices. I would get tired of them if I ate them everyday but I just love knowing that I have more choices in frozen meals than just 2 Lean Cuisines. And for me, it's great to know that if I don't feel like cooking or even thinking of what to eat for a particular meal, I have something in the freezer.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JQuintero
Stats: 268/206/?
WOE: LFL
Start Date: Every morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Had the Italian Sausage Primavera for lunch at work today and I really liked it. It has a roasted red pepper cream sauce on it - yum. Might have to try replicating something like that at home. It is the first one I've had that I think is "enough" food for a meal. Maybe it's the 25 g of fat? Not sure the others I've eaten had that much fat.
I'm having the Italian Suasage Primavera for lunch today. I was going to pack extra veggies but it looked like it had enough. I always have a side salad and fruit with my meal so I'm sure I'll be full. Can't wait!
JQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote