Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Had the chick alfredo with brocolli today..... really good taste although I think I will add more brocolli to it.
sweetpoison is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
When you complain, tell them what you love about the product as well (convenience, taste, etc), but that such and such needs improvement or more attention in quality control (beef sticks vs chunks, and lack of cheese for example), then hopefully this product will not go away but just sell more!
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #333

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Had the meatloaf today and I didn't like it. The meat was very tough and I didn't even like the veggies. Won't be buying that one again.
NOBODY likes the meat loaf!!!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #334

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Havent found these yet
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #335
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: will75
Stats: 223/211/160 5'7 33yold male
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 11th 2008
Practically all the regular super walmarts in my area.. tampa have them now, the problem is. They keep running out of them. I can't figure out if it's all the coupons that keep having them all sell. Or the fact that it's coupons + new year resolution dieters etc... causing the shortage. The tex mex scrambles is hardest to find, and i've yet to ever see the waffles or chili in the store yet.
will75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #336

waffles?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kittee
Stats: 206/134/110-115
WOE: Atkins first, then LCHF, now PSMF
Start Date: April 2011
Oooh, when I have long days at work and have to take a lunch (I work at WalMart) my favorites are the beef merlot and the italian sausage ones. It's awesome to be able to have a hot meal instead of just a can of tuna on those days
Kittee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
I had the turkey with green beans today. Really yummy gravy/sauce. There was a reasonable amount of turkey (on par with a lean cuisine or smart ones dinner amount, it is relatively small, but acceptable) and the taste of the turkey was ok, again very equal to other turkey frozen dinners. The green beans were a little tough, I would have rather had them be softer like from a can, instead of an attempt at "crisp" that isnt tender. I also would rather have my meat and green beans in separate compartment, because the gravy flavor gets lost when its on the strong flavored green beans. I also would have really loved to have some whipped cauliflower (like mashed potatoes) to have with the gravy instead of the grean beans. But overall it was pretty good. I liked the beef merlot better, aside from the skimpy meat the flavor was really yummy, so I'd probably buy that one instead.

I also bought the chicken pot pie - so we'll see how that one is later!
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: exiledone1
Stats: 285/240/170
WOE: Atkins (The New Diet Revolution) on Induction
Start Date: 12/2/2013
I just found all of them at my local wal mart. I do have a question though. Could you eat these 3 times a day technically?

Also, since most of them have broccoli or Caluiflower in the meals if I eat one of the frozen meals that contains broccoli or cauliflower should I only eat two salad vegetables a day since we are only supposed to have one cup of salad vegetables if we eat two cups of salad vegetables a day?
exiledone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think you could eat them three times a day, technically... you would be under your net carbs since they all have between 4-7g of carbs per meal. Although, obviously it would get expensive fast and you would be missing out on the nutrition of fresh veggies.

I would figure out how much salad vegetables to eat based on how many carbs you have left for the day after your meal... eg, if you have breakfast with 3g carbs, a frozen meal with 5g net carbs, then you would have 20-8 = 12g carbs worth of salad vegetables.

re: Waffles - I haven't heard anything about Atkins waffles. They have only 2 breakfast frozen dinners - Tex Mex egg scramble and "farmhouse style sausage" scramble.

Last edited by Strawberry; 01-21-2013 at 03:09 PM..
Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
I liked the chicken alfredo
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
I tried the tex-mex scramble, the farm house scramble, and the italian sausage primavera. All surprisingly good. They are kind of pricey where I live (near Philadelphia, PA), but definitely good to have on hand.
theLossgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
Tried the meatloaf did not like it at all. Tried the beef merlot - had 5 - 6 chuncks of beef - really good flavor and the sauce was yummy. Have not found the pot pie one.
h82bl8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #344
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by will75 View Post
Practically all the regular super walmarts in my area.. tampa have them now, the problem is. They keep running out of them. I can't figure out if it's all the coupons that keep having them all sell. Or the fact that it's coupons + new year resolution dieters etc... causing the shortage. The tex mex scrambles is hardest to find, and i've yet to ever see the waffles or chili in the store yet.
There are no waffles so IDK what you're talking about?

I haven't got the chili or broccoli alfredo yet but I liked all the ones I got.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brimmy
Stats: 300/232/199
WOE: Other LC
Start Date: 1/1/13
Every walmart around me sells out of these by the afternoon after they've been restocked. I went to 3 of them yesterday and could only find the meatloaf. I went again this afternoon on lunch and found it pretty slim pickings again, but nabbed every chicken/broccoli, and turkey and green beans i could find.

As to the cost, personally I find that even if i ate them every single meal for an entire month, it would come to less than I spend on food normally. Granted I am a bachelor that only cooks for myself, but still!
brimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lowcarbie
Stats: 220/194/??????
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart again: 3/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimmy View Post
Every walmart around me sells out of these by the afternoon after they've been restocked. I went to 3 of them yesterday and could only find the meatloaf. I went again this afternoon on lunch and found it pretty slim pickings again, but nabbed every chicken/broccoli, and turkey and green beans i could find.

As to the cost, personally I find that even if i ate them every single meal for an entire month, it would come to less than I spend on food normally. Granted I am a bachelor that only cooks for myself, but still!
That is why I will be glad when other stores will start selling the Atkins dinner other than just Walmart. I thought they said other stores would sell the Atkins dinners in February, is that correct?
lowcarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mickyzzzzz05
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: July 24 2003 Aktins/10/09 MM
Really like the ones I tried

I really liked the chicken pot pie one. It was very good. I had the chicken and broc one and that was also good. I tried the beef merlot one tonight and also enjoyed that one.

Just to have an option of a tasty, quick hot meal on hand in my freezer is wonderful!
mickyzzzzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Tried the sausage primavera one today... Thought it was pretty good!
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #349

Having the Roast Turkey Tenders with Herb Pan Gravy.
Oh My, this one is definitely WYSIWYG. Check out the photo! I was shocked at how much meat there was and a nice sizable veggie side as well.

The turkey was tender and the gravy was mild but flavorful. the green beans were good. they were just like my blanched beans, I liked the crisp tender texture. I didn't find them too crunchy or chewy or mushy.

A really big portion of food I think considering what these are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg food2_0001.jpg (44.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
i had the Italian sausage one and it was wonderful!! Went back to Walmarts and they only had the regular scramble thh beef merlot and the meatloaf *sigh* So far I love the mexican scramble and the Italian sausage one. I still have 3 more in freezer I havent tried hope they restock soon guess demand is pretty good .
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
I finally got some and I really like them a lot-very good flavor in all of them. The turkey, chicken and italian sausage all have a lot of meat, more than any other TV dinner I've ever had. The beef, as reported here, was very skimpy but the taste was very good. I liked the 2 egg bowls more than expected, especially the mexican scramble. My only complaint with them is not enough cheese snd the egg was too hard with the cook times given. With the 2nd egg scramble (mexican), I cooked it 1˝ min less and added extra cheese after 1 min and it turned out wonderful with the egg soft like I like it. I won't be buying Lean Quisine anymore. I think I will write the Atkins company to praise them so they won't only get complaints - and I don't want them to stop making them.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpikersMom
Stats: 180/159/140
WOE: Atkins and primal
Start Date: restart in November 2013
Just had the chicken pot pie one. It was pretty good!
SpikersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
A really big portion of food I think considering what these are.
Attached Thumbnails

So jealous! You got a lot more meat and gravy than I had in mine!! My turkey one did taste good though. I do think they need to work on quality control, the amounts of meat seem to be highly variable.

I had the chicken pot pie today. I was realllllyyy looking forward to this one and I was really disappointed! I wanted this to taste like the inside of a chicken pot pie (say a Swansons frozen pie), I was imaginging warm chickeny-gravy goodness with tender cauliflower instead of potatoes..... but it doesnt taste like that at all.

Its basically frozen cauliflower and broccoli, possibly a teaspoonful of spinach and a few shreds of carrots, toss in some decent but bland chicken, and top with a gravy. The gravy was good but the broccoli flavor overwhelmed it, and since the veggies aren't cooked in the gravy they dont pick up its flavor like happens when I cook at home. So, I topped this with some parmesan cheese and it improved it enormously and I started to enjoy it, but it was more like a broccoli chicken alfredo, nothing like a pot pie. I think my expectations were just very different from what it is... its actually decent tasting if I dont imagine pot pie! I probably wont buy this one again though because its pretty easy to just steam my own frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix and sprinkle parm cheese over it.

The beef merlot has been the definite stand out favorite for me so far. That one I will buy again. The Turkey one I can see buying again as well, esp if it has as much meat as Metqa's!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
Can't wait to find and try these for myself...
RobbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
I had the turkey with medallions which was very good but did not fill me buti I guess it was 360 calories worth yikes! I have always had trouble with portion control. This saves me the trouble of overeating
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kitnmom
Stats: 235/198/160ish again
WOE: Atkins, Love that man!
Start Date: September 15, 2003
Am i the only one that was grossed out by the overwhelming salt taste? I tried the beef merlot ( got meat strings) the alfredo chicken less salty than the beef but still bad and the chicken pot pie much less salt and tolerable to eat. I have a couple left to try but i am honestly scared of the headaches i got.
kitnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
I talked to my local Publix manager and he saidthey would start having these in stock the second week in Feb. That all grocery stores should get in their first supply that week. Walmart had first dibs on them from the atkins company. Just wanted to say I tried the italian sausage primavera and it was okay. Nothing to jump up and down about.The Broccoli was all hard stems and not enough sausage. I think the beef merlot is the best one I have tried.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Tried the beef merlot the other day, it was tasty although I may not get it again because of the 3 g of sugar (maybe from the wine?) Had the Farmhouse Sausage Scramble today and it was good but didn't knock my socks off. I've tried most of them now, and none of them have really been enough for a full meal for me, I've had to supplement with something else. Except for the meatloaf, which sat like a brick in my stomach for several hours!
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #359

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
I'm thinking Atkins is trying to sell these to calorie counters too by keeping the amount of food small. Not sure if I'll buy these often since they seem to be on the small side.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Geekin' in Utah
Stats: 236(restart)/190/189/175
WOE: WLS & NK
Start Date: WLS: 5/2005 (362lbs), NK: 1/10/13
I tried the Beef Merlot and liked it. However, if I hadn't had bariatric surgery in the past, I would need about three of them to get full. As it was, it was only a little small. :/
Geekin' in Utah is offline   Reply With Quote