Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: socaligirl714
Stats: 310/286/180
Start Date: Restart-06/18/12
i just seen a coupon for atkins products in our local sunday paper.. i saved it in hopes to find some!! LOL
socaligirl714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
how many ounces of green beans do you think they include in those? 100g of green beans is a lot of beans but I dont' think any of the frozen meals contain even half of that.
I'm not sure, but I could weight my next one. I bought 2 of the turkey dinners. It was quite a bit of green beans.

I had the sausage premavera again this morning. It was ok. Not a lot of flavor IMO.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/148.8/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I had the italian sausage premivera today for lunch and it was pretty good. It didn't have much in the bowl though so I was still hungry after I ate it. Needs to be a little bit bigger serving
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: omgtwins
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 31, 2012 (cause it was Monday)doing this again
I found $1 coupons on coupondiva.com
omgtwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
I had the Italian Sausage one for lunch today at 12:15, and it's now 4:00 and I'm not hungry. I'm pleasantly surprised at how long they hold me. MUCH longer than Lean Cuisine ever did!
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lowcarbie
Stats: 220/194/??????
Start Date: restart again: 3/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I had the Italian Sausage one for lunch today at 12:15, and it's now 4:00 and I'm not hungry. I'm pleasantly surprised at how long they hold me. MUCH longer than Lean Cuisine ever did!
Now that is true, I had the turkey and green beans at lunch and I wasn't hungry until dinner, the dinner did satisfy my appetite until dinnertime!
lowcarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lowcarbie
Stats: 220/194/??????
Start Date: restart again: 3/1/2014
I just had the chicken pot pie, it was ok, I enjoyed the turkey and green beans much better. probably because the turkey has gravy with it!!! I missed a crust with the chicken pot pie also, I won't buy this one again but the turkey and green beans I will definitely buy again!
lowcarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
My fear is they stop selling them. I have bought over 30 from Walmart since I found them. I am hoping they see them going off shelf and put two and two together Equaling a need for them so they keep them stocked LOL.
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxbane View Post
In Orlando FL, the Wal-mart stock guys said they had them in, but could not put them out until the new year....
They literally appeared January 2. It was supposed to be new year new you type of new thing from Atkins. So they put it out when everyone starts to eat better. It was timed perfect
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Stats: 202.5/128
WOE: Atkins/ Now lower carb maintenance/ 5'2
Start Date: July 2007
Was not thrilled by the meal I had. Inconsistent taste, tiny pieces of broccoli and 3 pieces of beef all of different sizes. Probably won't buy again.
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
Was not thrilled by the meal I had. Inconsistent taste, tiny pieces of broccoli and 3 pieces of beef all of different sizes. Probably won't buy again.
You know I think I am ditching these too....I have tried the beef at least three/four times and each time it was different...this last time I had huge pieces of fat hanging off of a sliver of beef. Their quality control leaves something to be desired. The same thing happend with the turkey one also.
Mostly gravy, slivers of turkey. These are too much money to be so inconsistant. I won't complain about these anymore!
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #312
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy0821 View Post
My fear is they stop selling them. I have bought over 30 from Walmart since I found them. I am hoping they see them going off shelf and put two and two together Equaling a need for them so they keep them stocked LOL.
I totally get that. Things that I like to buy but because they are not "big sellers' I lose them forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy0821 View Post
They literally appeared January 2. It was supposed to be new year new you type of new thing from Atkins. So they put it out when everyone starts to eat better. It was timed perfect
i agree. Everyone I know it seems is "getting on the band wagon" even friends who Poopooed before are reading books and cooking home meals. I know they will eventually need a quick out and these fit the bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Girl View Post
You know I think I am ditching these too....I have tried the beef at least three/four times and each time it was different...this last time I had huge pieces of fat hanging off of a sliver of beef. Their quality control leaves something to be desired. The same thing happend with the turkey one also.
Mostly gravy, slivers of turkey. These are too much money to be so inconsistant. I won't complain about these anymore!
No, please, DO COMPLAIN!! But don't just tell us, Tell the Company, too! They need to know these things about their products. This is a new line, and they may or may not know about these problems. They can't make improvements if nobody tells them about it. They have a website and a facebook page and they do respond quite quickly and personably to comments about the product or other things related to it. Even if you have decided not to purchase them anymore at least let the company know why. That's the least you could do, and it would possibly help the rest of us who will continue to buy. Heck if I spent that much money and wasn't satisfied, someone would know about it!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Quote:
No, please, DO COMPLAIN!! But don't just tell us, Tell the Company, too! They need to know these things about their products. This is a new line, and they may or may not know about these problems. They can't make improvements if nobody tells them about it. They have a website and a facebook page and they do respond quite quickly and personably to comments about the product or other things related to it. Even if you have decided not to purchase them anymore at least let the company know why. That's the least you could do, and it would possibly help the rest of us who will continue to buy. Heck if I spent that much money and wasn't satisfied, someone would know about it!
Yep, submit a complaint! That's what I did when there was no cheese in my Sausage Scramble. I'm hoping for some free coupons.
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

I agree, Metga! Sending a note via e-mail to the company today. Usually, a company puts out great product at the start of their marketing, then has little problems. Was surprised to see issues immediately. Hopefully, the quality will improve.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Please note that if you are needing to be gluten free, potato starch sensitive or modified food starch sensitive... read the labels!

I assumed that as they were advertised as being made with wholesome ingredients, etc., that that there would be a minimum of additives. Wrong! My fault for not reading, but now I just had part of a chicken alfredo and wondered why my throat is a little tight. Ingredients I am sensitive to, of course. Guess I won't ever be eating them.

Just some helpful information!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I totally get that. Things that I like to buy but because they are not "big sellers' I lose them forever.

i agree. Everyone I know it seems is "getting on the band wagon" even friends who Poopooed before are reading books and cooking home meals. I know they will eventually need a quick out and these fit the bill

I did complain to them and they did send me three coupons for replacement meals...that's what I used for the beef entree's. I agree, we need to let them know.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #317
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 342.8/337.2/130
Start Date: 2/24/14
I haven't received my coupons for my crummy beef merlot meal yet (it's only been a few days so I am sure I will)

But, I got another tonight and the beef in it is good sized and portioned.

They must have just had a bad batch.
Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #318
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Dh and I had the Beef Merlot for lunch..I'm liking all of these meals for an occasional
lunch.

Went to Wallie today and a lot of them were gone, so that is a good sign..Of course,
we are so lucky to have a LCarb Diet Doctor in town, too so peeps know about Atkins.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jijane21
Stats: 195/169/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: Latest start Jul 2013
My Walmart is FINALLY carrying them! I bought the beef, alfredo, and pot pie, haven't had the beef yet, the alfredo was good, def better than other frozen alfredo's! Now the pot pie was actually pretty delish in my opinion!!
jijane21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wannabethin57
WOE: low carb my way
Yesterday at my neighborhood wal-mart a vender was sampling the beef merlot.
I like all of them so far. Iusually eat the sausage one for a quick yummy breakfast.
wannabethin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
I dunno if they get a lot of complaints thay may take them off the market because it was a lot of trouble and not much profit. I remember people complaining about wal mart fabric being cheap and we were only paying one or 2 bucks a yard while other stores were $5-7 bucks a yard. I think walmart didnt feel it was worth the trouble and got rid of or severely cut back on their fabric deprtments. Ther are no other low carb frozen dinners like these in the market. They are in the business of making a profit. I love the ease and convience of these meals but I know that my made at home meals are better but would hate these taken off because I do enjoy the convience.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #322
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 342.8/337.2/130
Start Date: 2/24/14
I understand what you're saying and get that every company needs to make a profit as well. But, they need to make them to the standards they advertise them to as well. Especially at nearly $4 a meal.

Also, by having crappy quality meals, it can make them look bad as a whole and won't bring the company back in the light of the diet world which is what they are after.
Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Exactly, If I am paying 4 dollars, I would expect more than 1 oz of meat in my meal. I could pay 99 cents and get a fast food hamburger (drop the bun) with more meat.

Not knowing if I'm going to get much meat, or assuming that I will be paying $4 for 1 oz of meat, honestly has not encouraged me to want to buy these again. So its not good for their business. I dont expect them to be vending 10 oz of grass fed sirloin, but they need to be on par with other frozen dinners to be competive.

Last edited by Strawberry; 01-13-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DragnflysWife
Quote:
Originally Posted by jijane21 View Post
My Walmart is FINALLY carrying them! I bought the beef, alfredo, and pot pie, haven't had the beef yet, the alfredo was good, def better than other frozen alfredo's! Now the pot pie was actually pretty delish in my opinion!!
I loved it! I usually am a home cook but this is a great frozen go.
DragnflysWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #325
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilred2810
Loved the chicken pot pie!
lilred2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Had the meatloaf today and I didn't like it. The meat was very tough and I didn't even like the veggies. Won't be buying that one again.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VivaaLaCarlos
Stats: 235/163/150-140ish
WOE: Ketosis
Start Date: June 2011
i love the meals and they are ketosis friendly. im really anal about checking my ketones several times after i eat something im unsure about. the atkins frozen dinners are great option.
VivaaLaCarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred2810 View Post
Loved the chicken pot pie!
I loved this one the most. Next time I am going to add a little portion of Dreamfields angel hair pasta to this for dinner, I think it would be great and filling for sure!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Ive only tried the chicken pot pie and I loved it as well... good comfort type food!
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
I didnt like the turkey one. The green beans were way too hard.
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote