Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dynamike
Surviving Thanksgiving

Greetings All

My wife and I have been low carbing since May 5th.
My weight loss is 58lbs (256-198) , my wife's loss is 38lbs (196-158).
After a extended induction ,we are eating about 30-40 carbs per day.
This Thanksgiving we decided to treat ourselves and abandon our diet for one day.
I ate corn bread ,dinner roll and three small portions of desert , along with all the other thanksgiving fare.
The only thing I noticed was the next day my wife and I were both hungry all day long , but we got right back into low carbs.
The cravings only lasted one day.
To me the cravings was a small price to pay for such a great meal.
Since thanksgiving I have dropped another 1.25 lbs and with the holidays coming up we plan on doing the same.
I wish you all the BEST of luck with your low carbing and the happiest of holidays.

Michael
Dynamike is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NH_Free
Stats: 153.5/125 (oops)/120ish
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: Feb.19, 2012
Happy holidays to you and your wife too, Michael. You've both done well on the weight loss.

I can usually get away with one day of high carb stuff too, though I never eat anything with sugar in it for fear of getting addicted to it again. But the last time I tried to get away with more than one day (Christmas time 2008), it took me until March to stop eating junk and 3 more years to get a grip and start induction again. I'm only having a couple lc/sf things for ONE day this year!
NH_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LastRick
Stats: 245/193/192
WOE: HFLC (+ IF)
Start Date: July 2010
We survived Thanksgiving here by making an entire low-carb dinner: Turkey, LC stuffing, LC cranberry sauce, LC squash casserole, etc. If I could have figured out how to replace the french fried onions, I would have low-carbed the green bean casserole too! Our hard work was rewarded and we didn't gain weight on Thanksgiving (I've actually lost a couple pounds since Thursday). We also hosted a lot of family so we got to show off how tasty low-carb Thanksgiving can be and how the lack of carbs means no post-meal nap.

Congrats on all of the success, keep up the good work!
LastRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I had thanksgiving yesterday. hubby worked so we put it off til the weekend.
went to moms. All I ate was turkey, bit of gravy and about 6 spoons of dressing. AND I HAVE to say after that I was stuffed, but that dressing, I swear I started to crave sweets a few hrs later. big time.

if I ate what you ate I would be sick LOL no way I can go back to heavy breads. that bit of stuffing I ate was notice enough to me to stay away from those carbs.

congrats on getting back on plan right away and knocking out those cravings fast!
Me, I can't take that chance anymore.

I realize I need to tow the line and give up foods. easier for me that way. I am the type to crave and real fast I can go off plan for a while, feel miserable again and probably gain. No way I can let that happen. You guys have great willpower to get back on plan and stay there.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonB61
Stats: 168/132/135
WOE: VLC / IF
Yup! I also had a Thanksgiving filled with indulgence, and then promptly got back on the low carb wagon. I know that there are many on here that are totally against "going off plan" days, but I find them very important in helping me stay the course. If this is to be a way of eating for life, I have to be able to indulge once in a while or I will never be able to maintain this lifestyle.

Good luck on you and your wife's continued weight loss.........
SharonB61 is offline   Reply With Quote