Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
This "one" last binge will get it out of my system and I'll start fresh tomorrow. Yeah right!!

Or almost immediately after the food has gone down the regrets sets in and the realization that the food wasn't really all that great after all. The nights tossing and turning with heartburn and reflux fun!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: clare_o
Stats: 159/131/130, 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat/Mod Protein
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
Love this confession thread lol.

In college, I would sometimes order a domino's pizza and eat the entire thing. Always felt sick afterward, not to mention guilty. Mentally though, had to finish the whole pizza so that I could put the episode behind me!
My worst ever was when Papa Johns were doing two pizzas for the price of one on a Tuesday night. Of course I told myself I would eat some, save the rest to reheat. Yeah right! Two pizzas in one evening. I was nothing short of a disgrace.

Clare
clare_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I always hit up multiple drive thrus. Or had delivery from several places. I do not think I ever opened a box of waffles and did not eat the whole box.
I will admit, I often would yell "foods here guys" to no one, so the delivery guy would not think it was all for me. Like he really cared about anything besides his tip, lol
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ange
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
You bunch of Fast Food amateurs...All you have to do is order some sandwiches without pickles and some with extra onion. Obviously for 2 different people.

Why spend the extra money on diet drinks?
Haha! I wish I would of thought of that back in my binging days.
Ange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #35
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
One package = one serving of anything, at all times, right?

At least, that's my issue. With anything. Ever. Still.
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spoiltmomof2
Stats: 230/180/138
WOE: Lap Band/LC
I agree with you FF. A food addict is just as bad as a smoker, drug addict or any other addict.

I have had so many binges. Mine are always sugar. Cans of frosting with coookies and then chocolate bars to wash it down with. Yuck!
spoiltmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamabear6
Stats: 145/140/120 (previously 175/115)
WOE: LC/VLC
Start Date: Forever ago and still going
Spicy nacho doritos. I could eat a whole bag in one sitting with or without dip. For the love of god, I swear when I got down to 115lbs last year it was only so I could binge on doritos every once in a while! I could polish off a footlong from subway, and then 1/2 a bag of doritos before I felt I would puke. I don't know why I did this, but I know if I stick to my WOE I don't feel like I have to.
My husband has been told there are to never be ANY doritos in this house. EVER. He jokes with me about going to the gas station to get some sometimes.. I wish he wouldn't because that makes me think of them.. but I still laugh and threaten to beat him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
OK here is my confession,
I have done this several times in the past.
I would make a delicious dessert for my husband.
We would have a little after dinner and put it away.
The next day while he was out I would end up eating all the rest of it.
To hide this I would make more of this dessert and eat the the same amount that we had eaten the night before. So that at dinner he could not tell what had happened.
What shame I felt.
Definitely an addiction.
When I was at my heaviest non-pregnant weight (175) and with my last husband, I would do this. I remember one time making a cake that wasn't even that special because I didn't have a lot of ingredients. It was a peanut butter cake made in a 9x13" pan with choc/pb glaze on top. I figured I'd have a piece. That turned into four, then six, before I knew it I had eaten half of it. I wrapped it in foil, put it in a cupboard and washed all the dishes and put them away so he wouldn't know then I finished it off the next day when he was gone. Oh, how I hated myself.
I would do that a lot. Eat a whole bag of sun chips plus a wrap(low carb wrap!), eat some cereal, eat some animal crackers dipped in peanut butter, a peanut butter sandwich, wash all the dishes, then make dinner for us all. I was so depressed back then!! I'm so glad I don't have to feel like that anymore. I still have no idea what was wrong with me.
The doritos thing though... I don't think I'll ever be able to smell them again. They are such a major trigger food. I think it's the MSG. I am easily addicted to anything with MSG, especially stuff that's crunchy and spicy.

BTW, thank you all for sharing as I see myself in all of your stories. It takes a lot sometimes to admit things like this, and I'm happy we can all do it in a safe place. I think it's good to talk about even though it's not easy. You all have my support!

Last edited by mamabear6; 11-16-2012 at 06:06 PM..
mamabear6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmplifiedHeart
Stats: 420-440ish/408/200
WOE: High fat-Low carb-Moderate protein
Start Date: Nov 26th, 2012
I did the multiple drive thru thing a lot too. I use to spend 10 bucks on ten things off of the dollar menu at mcds and eat it all in one sitting. I would go to my local grocery store and buy of tub of cookies, donuts, chips,a sub and some soda and eat it all in one sitting. I would lock myself in my room and binge. I was so ashamed.
AmplifiedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #39

Gallery: flatferenghi
Greetings, Melle's Sweetheart. I am curious...

What is KAMIKAZI Atkins? FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Oreo Cookies with double cream filling! I used to love those! I never binged as in just stuffing myself into a food coma type thing, but I used to drink 2 big cups of coffee a day with cream and about 2 and a half table spoons of real sugar in each cup! Just thinking about that now makes me Plus I used to eat ice cream with every meal every day. I was a sweet-holic.

Ice cream and oreo cookies were my two favorite things. I haven't had either of those things in over a year. Not since starting low carb. Once I detoxed from the sweets, the cravings went away.

~The woman came from a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under his arm to be protected, and next to his heart to be loved. ~

Last edited by ~PaperMoon~; 11-16-2012 at 06:38 PM..
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I have done every single one of these things time and time again. I was especially queen of having one last hurrah the weekend before I would start low-carbing again on the following Monday. By Wednesday I fell off the wagon and then went grocery shopping where I would buy all my favorite foods (um, chocolate covered pretzels, cream-filled devil's food cake, and, of course, ice cream to name just a few) so I could eat them until I would begin again the next Monday. I did this SO many times... I bet I gained 5 pounds every week I did this, if not more.

Another thing I would do? Go to Dunkin Donuts and get a dozen, asking for specific ones and then saying things like "Well, maybe this other kind would be okay..." when they would say they were out of something. In other words, acting like I was buying the dozen for work or different people, when all along I was only buying them for myself. I don't think they ever lasted 24 hours.

Ugh. Glad that is in the past.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 11-16-2012 at 06:44 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
My former favorite binge would only occur when my husband was out of town for the night. I'd make an entire box of mac and cheese with extra swiss melted into it, eaten with a couple slices of white bread, followed by an entire pint of moose tracks ice cream, and all washed down with a giant liter of McD's sweet tea. I knew it would tear my stomach up most of the next day but that never deterred me in the slightest.

Thankfully, HFLC has quelled that habit completely.
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
My binge foods usually included chocolate....mostly brownies or cookies. One particular day sticks in my mind. I made a chocolate Hershey pie and started in on it in the afternoon. I soon realized that a lot of it would be gone by the time my DH would get home, so I ate the rest of the pie and hid all the ingredient wrappers in the trash. I never told him I'd made it. I would've died of embarrassment.

I also used to bake a pan of brownies and eat them all in one day, plus other junk.

I'm able to eat sugar now without binging, thanks to JUDDD. I'm at my goal weight and quite happy.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #44

Gallery: flatferenghi
good for you, REDHEAD.

That is all that one could wish for. As I am DMII, sugar ought not to be part of my plan, or anything that will convert rapidly to sugar inside of me. I never say NEVER, though. I just say "not now", or "not today", or "some other time, perhaps". That works just fine for me. Again, I am overawed by your accomplishments. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Just to say..FF you are my HERO!! Day after day, after day, after day.

Just saying.
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
You know, anyone who says that food is not a true addiction (and I've heard that a lot) need only read this thread. The amount of lying and subterfuge we've all done is worthy of any hardcore drug addiction.

I wish I had known you all back then. I wouldn't have felt so alone.

Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
You are not alone! Addicits unite.

OR, go for the calorie's unite!
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
I would go through the drive thru to get dinner and was so ashamed that I would order more than my hubby so I would eat some of it in the car on the way home so it looked like I order the same or less than him.

I work in a restaurant and would sometimes eat a meal there and then pretend I never ate anything so that when I got home we would get something to eat.

babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spoiltmomof2
Stats: 230/180/138
WOE: Lap Band/LC
All through this summer I binged daily on ice cream. I had 2 pints a day every day. No wonder I gained 9 pounds.
spoiltmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
Here is my confession. I can eat all of the below during 1 day. My binges can go on for a week (always during PMS):

Bag of TJ's roasted mac nuts (about 2000 cal)
7 bananas (fried in butter or made into smoothie with yogurt)
2 -32 oz containers of yogurt with honey mixed-in
Jar of almond butter with honey (about 2000 cal)
5 apples

Can easily add to to 5000 cal
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
You bunch of Fast Food amateurs...All you have to do is order some sandwiches without pickles and some with extra onion. Obviously for 2 different people.

Why spend the extra money on diet drinks?

Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Naples11
Stats: (200# pg) 120s
WOE: ZC for mental health
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear6 View Post
BTW, thank you all for sharing as I see myself in all of your stories. It takes a lot sometimes to admit things like this, and I'm happy we can all do it in a safe place. I think it's good to talk about even though it's not easy. You all have my support!
Agreed! Well said, mamabear.
Naples11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NH_Free
Stats: 153.5/125 (oops)/120ish
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: Feb.19, 2012
I think Vilya gets the prize for "least worth it" binge. Dinty Moore beef stew straight from the can!
NH_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GreytMuse
Stats: 205.5/150/150 (5'5" - 49 yo!)
WOE: Atkins Induction (low carb+low calorie)
Start Date: May 14, 2012
Addict here, too. Cookies or snack cakes are my weakness, really any type. I could easily put away a bag, or two, during a one hour TV show...right after a big meal. I know that my addictive behavior is still right there, lurking and waiting to come back. Even now the craving for something sweet hits me after a meal.

This reminds me of my favorite quote, by the late, great George Carlin:

Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.

I may have to add that to my signature to remind myself LOL.

205------------------150

Why the Scales Can Lie! --> a MUST read originally posted by clackley! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...l#post15713818
GreytMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
What I found was that after a while the amount of food consumed during a binge increased. Looking back ,I see that one pint of ice cream became two along with choc. pretzels, chocolate peanuts, peanut m&m's all washed down with a diet pepsi of course! Typically all eaten at one sitting, rarely was not able to finish it all, never mind that I knew I would feel sick and have reflux for days. After a few days of this I will always get a sinus infection as well. rarely get those when I don't binge.

I always convince myself that this will be my last binge and I already blew it so what the h**l. It takes a lot to pull out of this cycle and I fully intend not to binge again, but by evening I am repeating the cycle.

Last edited by jeaniem; 11-17-2012 at 08:52 AM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Free View Post
I think Vilya gets the prize for "least worth it" binge. Dinty Moore beef stew straight from the can!
Why, thank you! *takes bow*

Yeah, not my finest moment. I remember thinking, "What am I DOING?" as I was doing it. It was so ridiculous!
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
I have a long history of binges. Little Debbie anything gets me into trouble. My husband bought three boxes a few days ago and only ate 2 cakes. The next day I ended up eating all but 3 cakes. I might have done better if I'd been prepared and stocked up with low carb foods or even had any real food in the house lol. It wasn't even a binge I just couldn't resist going back and snacking on them all day. Of course what was really humiliating was hearing my husband tell my brother and sister in law about it yesterday.
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: 2 meals low carb, 1 meal my choice no snacks
plain cooked pasta
pretzels
hershey kisses
m&m's

They no longer control me.
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Garden of Eatin' Red Hot Blues. Little Debbie Nutty Bars. Chubby Hubby Ice Cream. Put any of those items in front of me and I will eat the whole package. Even now. This is why I have a grocery delivery once a week and strict rule forbidding visits to the conveninece store.
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
wow....I am so glad I checked this thread out....I see myself in so many posts. Back in the day I would "make an afternoon of it"....that means -

starting at 1 fast food place and just getting 1 favorite sandwich.
eating it while driving to the next fast food place and getting "another favorite sandwich"
There was always at least 3 drive ups involved and then stopping at the conveniance store for "dessert"

Glad them days are done.
Praying for strength every day contiinues.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote