LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: djksin
Stats: 275/255/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2/10
Excess skin

I have be LC off and on for years, (I have internal issues that make being continually on LC impossible at this point) I started 9 years ago at 300# and now down under 220#, which I love, but now am having issues with excess skin. Being in my 40's I figure I won't be able to tighten it all, but does anyone have recommendations or know where I can find out?
djksin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
A lot of this depends on genetics, how your fat was distributed, age, etc. but I lost more than you (as you can see by my stats) at a much older age (65-70), and although I have some excess skin, it's not bothersome.

I lost very slowly (about a pound a week) and exercised regularly. About a year ago, I began strength training for toning, and that has been very helpful, too.

Most plastic surgeons say that you need to give yourself at least two years at optimum weight to see how your skin responds because it's a slow process.

My current 'weight' includes at least 8-10 lbs of 'loose skin,' but I have no plans for any surgery to eliminate it. Fully clothed, I look fine.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spoiltmomof2
Stats: 230/180/138
WOE: Lap Band/LC
I'm only in my early 30's but I have no elasticity in my skin. I had a tummy tuck last December.
spoiltmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dansamy
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/11/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
A lot of this depends on genetics, how your fat was distributed, age, etc. but I lost more than you (as you can see by my stats) at a much older age (65-70), and although I have some excess skin, it's not bothersome.

I lost very slowly (about a pound a week) and exercised regularly. About a year ago, I began strength training for toning, and that has been very helpful, too.

Most plastic surgeons say that you need to give yourself at least two years at optimum weight to see how your skin responds because it's a slow process.

My current 'weight' includes at least 8-10 lbs of 'loose skin,' but I have no plans for any surgery to eliminate it. Fully clothed, I look fine.
2 years is really a minimum. If your skin has poor elasticity, it may take longer. And if you have really bad stretch marks, that's a sign of very poor elasticity. You may not have any choice but to have skin removal surgeries in that case.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Loser
Stats: 142/135/115 (HW 219)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/31/12
I'm down about 80 pounds from my high, and it's been about a year, and I have excess skin, mostly in my lower abdomen and my face and neck. I'm in my mid-50's and I don't intend to do anything about it, but I'm hopeful that another year might help the cause. I lost a similar amount of weight back when I was in my early 40's and I had NO excess skin at all - it tightened up right away. 10 years made a big difference.
Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: froggyx6
I'm 60 years old and down 70 lbs. from my all time high. I have a lot of excess skin that will never go away and it makes me wonder if I really want to lose the other 30 that my doctor wants me to lose. Saggy arms and really bad excess tummy skin. At my age (and I've had too many other surgeries) I don't plan to do anything about it.
froggyx6 is offline   Reply With Quote