LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vikkivma
Stats: 5'8" -- 272.5/244.0/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 17th, 2012
Terrified About Sagging Skin

So I've lost and gained and lost and gained, but prior to the last year and a bit, my weight had never gone above 220. Now I've reached 272.5. So I accept that my body will look very different, but my stomach was always fit-fat, like in the sense that it was big, but it just sort of sat out from my skin in a firm way. Now my stomach looks like a pancake that's flopped out over the pan when you tried to flip it and I'm terrified that this means I'll have sagging stomach skin when I lose the weight.

Is there anything proactive I can do now, in terms of exercises or creams or oils, to at least minimize the chances of this?

Is it possible that this is just what my stomach looks like at this weight and that it won't lead to sag?
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikings29
Stats: 5'6'', 265/247/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: September 6, 2012
I've been using Bio-Oil on my skin, I haven't lost enough to know if it's making a difference or not with sagging skin but Ive been using it on my neck for years (the women in my family have turkey-necks regardless of their weight and I'm trying desperately not to have one!). However, I would sooooo much rather have saggy skin from weight loss than being fat and firm! It may not be the most attractive side-effect but it's still a badge of honor, right?
Vikings29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Many things effect how your skin will get, I lost 150 pounds was a smoker and a tanner so I had it hacked off last spring, oil will help stretch marks but many factors contribute to how your skin will respond, drink lots of water and exercise, and as the others said I will take my saggy baggy skin over being fat again anyday!!!! The problem is now I had my arms and tummy fixed so all the leftover parts like my legs look even worse!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
My stomach is where my lose skin is! I have that Ugy "apron"! That's where I carried/carry the most of my weight so i'm trying to do more abs and crunches to try to strenghen that area and get rid of that fat! I know i'll probably have lose skin there But i'd Much rather it be skin and Not filled out with fat! Lol. I've also had a lot of surgeries in my stomach area so that has something to do with it. I Know i'll never wear a bikini Lol
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #5

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
it's genetic, there is nothing you can do about it. a sagging apron is better than being obese. there are just some prices we have to pay. we can't go back to the healthier metabolism we had INSIDE before we did the obesity thing either and that's a lot more important in the long term. focus on keeping the weight off and don't fret overly about sag. many have it and they do just fine. *hug*
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Ive lost a lot of weight. I have sagging skin everywhere. My arms and stomach are the parts that really bother me. I want to have it chopped off.

My mom keeps pushing me to do this wrap her friend had done that promises to reduce your skin by 3" but I'm reluctant. It's only $35 so I may try it, but I still want my arms and stomach done, and a boob job.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vikkivma
Stats: 5'8" -- 272.5/244.0/199
Start Date: September 17th, 2012
Thanks, guys. I really do appreciate your honesty here. I don't think I'll ever have the money for surgery, and honestly I'd rather celebrate being thin in Hawaii and wear a one-piece than spend that vacation money (and more) getting some skin cut away.

My stomach's shrinking at a pretty incredibly rate, so this might not be an issue, but if it is, I just have to remember that my health is the most important thing.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
It's sobberingly apparent to me that my gut might go away, but my apron won't. It makes sense though, my fat cells won't go away they just deflate. =[ I'll never lament of it though. If I can live a longer and fuller life with an apron. So be it.
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bamboozled
Stats: 297/285/210
WOE: Blood Type Diet/SB Phase 2
Start Date: Sept.23/12 and restarted Mar.18/13
I've been using coconut oil. Don't know if there is any difference or if it will help at all but hey, it's worth a shot.

I've started lifting weights and doing crunches and hope hope hope that it helps with the sag. I've decided if I ever get a chunk of money (like inheritance) and I am really displeased with my skin sag I will get surgery. But all surgery scares me so it would have to be really bad for me to want to go under the knife.
Bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GAVIV
Stats: RNY 12/26/12 234.4/148/125-130?
WOE: Trying to stay low carb as possible
I worry about this too, but am more concerned with getting to a healthy weight that I can maintain. I need to start doing light weights. I walk the treadmill but that isn't enough.
GAVIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trumellow
Start Date: 3/21/10
I've decided that I'm not going to worry about it. I haven't strutted around in a bikini for 20 years and I'm sure not going to start now..fat or thin! As long as the aftermath is not too horrendous and is easily covered by normal clothes, then I'm good.

I have a feeling that you will be fine though. If you had a taught stomach not that long ago, then I'm sure it will revert back easily enough. Maybe not 100% if you have recently gained stretch marks but still probably won't be too bad. I think stretch marks are the biggest roadblock.
trumellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
Yeah and skinny doesn't mean a bikini anyway.I was skinny as a teen and then became a teen mum.I got so many stretchmarks that I have twice the skin I need for my stomach.I will never wear a two piece and haven't for 25 years and won't no matter if I do get this weight off.I however will be happy to stuff it in spanx and at least look proportional.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote