Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Walden Farms Peanut Butter...YUCK! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/784395-walden-farms-peanut-butter-yuck.html)

Annie75 09-30-2012 05:48 PM

Walden Farms Peanut Butter...YUCK!

Saw the Walden Farms PB at the store and decided to try it-0 carbs/0 calories-sounded good to me!

HOW AWFUL!!! Its this gelatinous weird textured goo that doesn't taste one bit like PB! Very disappoined.

I'm someone who has struggled with weight my entire adult life so I have ingested some really funky "diet" foods, but this is among the worst!

Be warned! :)

reddarin 09-30-2012 05:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up :)

snowmop 09-30-2012 05:59 PM

I have yet to find a Walden Farms product that I like. Everything they make tastes like chemicals to me.

ouizoid 09-30-2012 06:05 PM

these products are best used as a base to add things to--for example, add the marshmallow dip to greek yogurt and flavourings to add bulk without calories. Mix salad dressings 1/2 and 1/2 with regular dressings, etc.

On their own, they are vile. As a bulking agent, they are good--

Jooser 09-30-2012 06:45 PM

Yeah, I tried it too and it was like eating a chemical peanut gel....very gross.

princessmommy 09-30-2012 06:51 PM

Thanks for the warning! I've wondered about their products

CarolynF 09-30-2012 07:09 PM

The peanut butter is horrible..

Annie75 09-30-2012 07:33 PM

Ouizoid-great idea. I may try to mix it with regular pb to decrease the calories and carbs.
I hate to just pitch it, but I can't eat it as is!

anna_banana 09-30-2012 08:22 PM

I've had their salad dressing once but always wondered what on earth it's made out of with 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, etc. :hyst::hyst: I've read the label, of course, but it's still pretty amazing what the processed food can be like. I wasn't particularly impressed with the flavour or the gloopy texture.

Now I just stick to extra virgin olive oil & vinegar or real Caesar or real ranch dressing, full fat.:D

Sugarfree99 09-30-2012 09:36 PM

The only WF products I like is the Spicy BBQ Sauce and Pancake Syrup.

limetwist 10-01-2012 06:12 AM

You know the saying: if it sounds too good to be true... ;)

wastednuffime 10-01-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 15982070)
these products are best used as a base to add things to--for example, add the marshmallow dip to greek yogurt and flavourings to add bulk without calories. Mix salad dressings 1/2 and 1/2 with regular dressings, etc.

On their own, they are vile. As a bulking agent, they are good--

THIS!!!!

Its not supposed to taste exactly like peanut butter.. Like the poster said above, its an Excellent bulking agent !! :up::up:

I mix 1/2 and 1/2 with regular peanut butter. When you do that, Its really not bad at all. I buy it at Wally world and use it when baking, especially LC /SF choc and peanut butter brownies. :yummy:

Kateee 10-01-2012 07:25 AM

I threw mine out! I should have tried it on the dog :)

flatferenghi 10-01-2012 07:27 AM

I commented about WFPB (for want of a better description)

about a year ago. I see they made no improvements. FF

ravenrose 10-01-2012 11:23 AM

I read the reviews and tried the cinnamon/raisin one. the texture is very odd, but it's not too bad except for being about ten times as sweet as is reasonable. and I like things sweet. you have to put it with something to cut that.

phurst_gal 10-01-2012 12:17 PM

Salad Dressings

<Not intended as a thread-jack>

I encourage folks to make their own salad dressings. Once you try this, you will never go back to bottled dressing of any kind.

It's really easy. The simpliest ... EVOO, red wine vinegar, salt/pepper/onion powder just put directly on the greens.

A little fancier ... a few ingredients in a cup, whisk it together and you're good to go.

If I'm in a "company" mood, I might use my stick blender to get a really smooth ranch (or creamy parmesan peppercorn).

Just think of all the refrigerator door space you'll save with this opened bottles of dressing (and likely expiration dates long passed :)

reddarin 10-01-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kateee (Post 15982934)
I threw mine out! I should have tried it on the dog :)

[doggie] :hugs::yummy::confused::sick::annoyed::mad:

CaliOkieGal4now 10-01-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 15982904)
THIS!!!!

Its not supposed to taste exactly like peanut butter.. Like the poster said above, its an Excellent bulking agent !! :up::up:

I mix 1/2 and 1/2 with regular peanut butter. When you do that, Its really not bad at all. I buy it at Wally world and use it when baking, especially LC /SF choc and peanut butter brownies. :yummy:

YES - this is EXACTLY what I use it for too! :shake::clap:

almost every other day, I make a batch of Sugar Free Peanut Butter Brownies that are also super low in cals, cause the fat/cals are cut way way way way down by using 1/2 walden farms peanutbutter, 1/2 of the real deal of natural peanutbutter, I'll toss in some waldens farms chocolate dip sometimes, as well as some waldens farms marshemellow dip....
:oits winds up so chewy gooey yummy delish it's unbeleievable that it can be so GOOD and be such a guilt-less treat at the same time!!
:p:)

But like you all have said...on their own waldens farms products are pretty dang gross.....:sick:

but if you get creative, especially when baking..
who knows :confused:

you may be amazed at the amzingly delicious goodies you can come up with are are TOTALLY sinless to eat! :aprayer:

I've even made fettucini alfredo with waldens farms alfredo sauce, mixed with some cream cheese and parmeasean, tossed with Shiritaki Fettucini noodles.... roasted in the oven till the top gets golden and melty ..
OH so good ;)
and OH so GUILT free....the whole recipe was like 200 calories, and maybe
like....2 carbs ? and VERY filling too.

So, dont give up on WALDEN FARMS....just needs TLC, and then you have a winnner! :notwrthy:

PianoAl 10-02-2012 07:35 AM

I like almond butter just as much as peanut butter.

wastednuffime 10-02-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliOkieGal4now (Post 15984015)
YES - this is EXACTLY what I use it for too! :shake::clap:

almost every other day, I make a batch of Sugar Free Peanut Butter Brownies that are also super low in cals, cause the fat/cals are cut way way way way down by using 1/2 walden farms peanutbutter, 1/2 of the real deal of natural peanutbutter, I'll toss in some waldens farms chocolate dip sometimes, as well as some waldens farms marshemellow dip....
:oits winds up so chewy gooey yummy delish it's unbeleievable that it can be so GOOD and be such a guilt-less treat at the same time!!
:p:)

But like you all have said...on their own waldens farms products are pretty dang gross.....:sick:

but if you get creative, especially when baking..
who knows :confused:

you may be amazed at the amzingly delicious goodies you can come up with are are TOTALLY sinless to eat! :aprayer:

I've even made fettucini alfredo with waldens farms alfredo sauce, mixed with some cream cheese and parmeasean, tossed with Shiritaki Fettucini noodles.... roasted in the oven till the top gets golden and melty ..
OH so good ;)
and OH so GUILT free....the whole recipe was like 200 calories, and maybe
like....2 carbs ? and VERY filling too.

So, dont give up on WALDEN FARMS....just needs TLC, and then you have a winnner! :notwrthy:

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

And now....I want me some ...brownies! :lol::lol::lol:

ps: wanna share your recipe?..

Buffy45 10-02-2012 07:48 AM

I tried it a long time ago, tossed it. But, never thought about using it along with other things, that might be a good idea.

Yes, the brownie recipe please????

DairyQueen 10-02-2012 08:47 AM

I threw mine out because it was disgustingly slimy and gloopy.

As for adding to other things, that's possible, i suppose (like a thai peanut sauce type thing?) -- but maybe Walden Farms should change the name from Whipped Peanut Spread -- to something more accurate, like Slimy Peanut Additive Bulk Product

Buffy45 10-02-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DairyQueen (Post 15985536)
I threw mine out because it was disgustingly slimy and gloopy.

As for adding to other things, that's possible, i suppose (like a thai peanut sauce type thing?) -- but maybe Walden Farms should change the name from Whipped Peanut Spread -- to something more accurate, like Slimy Peanut Additive Bulk Product

:hyst::hyst:

CaliOkieGal4now 10-02-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 15985397)
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

And now....I want me some ...brownies! :lol::lol::lol:

ps: wanna share your recipe?..

Sure! :shake:

Super Yummy, Abosolutely Guilt Free, Peanutbutter-Marshmellow Fudge Brownies

1 Egg
3 Egg Whites
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar Free Cocoa Powder
2 Tablespoons Flaxmeal
2 Tablesppons Sugar Free Peanutbutter ( or Almond Butter )
4 Tablespoons Walden Farms Peanut Butter
4 Tablesppons Walden Farms Marshmellow Fluff
2 Cups Splenda ( or your favorite choice of Sugar Free Sweetener)
1 teaspoon Baking powder
dash of salt

Mix all together, spread into a bread loaf sized pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in over for approx 15-18 min at 375.
Allow to cool, cut into squares. Yeilds approx 12 brownies.
Total Nutritional Count for WHOLE recipe:
Calories:450
Carbs: 6
protein: 26

Total Nutritional Count PER BROWNIE:
Calories: 37
Carbs: .5

:clap:
:D
:love:
:high5:
How bout THAT, my friends!
EAT your brownies, and feel good about yourself at the same time! YEAH,
thats how I ROLL!
:cool:
Protein: 2

Annie75 10-02-2012 10:05 PM

Wow, this is why I LOVE this place. I came here to whine and complain and what I got in return were some great suggestions and a new low carb recipe!

Thanks!

Jennyl 10-02-2012 11:01 PM

I have been disappointed by so many low carb products that I don't even bother trying them anymore. If I want peanut butter I just eat the natural pb. I did buy some waldens bbq sauce though...I hope it turns out ok...but I'm scared now! I think I had it before and it was alright. bbq sauce is one of those things that I need for ribs or pulled pork, but it's so carby

wastednuffime 10-03-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliOkieGal4now (Post 15986464)
Sure! :shake:

Super Yummy, Abosolutely Guilt Free, Peanutbutter-Marshmellow Fudge Brownies

1 Egg
3 Egg Whites
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar Free Cocoa Powder
2 Tablespoons Flaxmeal
2 Tablesppons Sugar Free Peanutbutter ( or Almond Butter )
4 Tablespoons Walden Farms Peanut Butter
4 Tablesppons Walden Farms Marshmellow Fluff
2 Cups Splenda ( or your favorite choice of Sugar Free Sweetener)
1 teaspoon Baking powder
dash of salt

Mix all together, spread into a bread loaf sized pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in over for approx 15-18 min at 375.
Allow to cool, cut into squares. Yeilds approx 12 brownies.
Total Nutritional Count for WHOLE recipe:
Calories:450
Carbs: 6
protein: 26

Total Nutritional Count PER BROWNIE:
Calories: 37
Carbs: .5

:clap:
:D
:love:
:high5:
How bout THAT, my friends!
EAT your brownies, and feel good about yourself at the same time! YEAH,
thats how I ROLL!
:cool:

Protein: 2

THIS!!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

CaliOkieGal4now 10-03-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 15987671)
THIS!!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

MY pleasure!!!!
:sing:

Enjoy!
:hugs:

suzanna1 10-03-2012 11:23 AM

I add a spoonful of WF PB to my protein shakes. I also use it in an Asian sauce. As previous posters have said, you have to mix it into something else. It is so gross by itself! I love saving the calories though.

bl0nd3y 07-06-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennyl (Post 15987521)
I have been disappointed by so many low carb products that I don't even bother trying them anymore. If I want peanut butter I just eat the natural pb. I did buy some waldens bbq sauce though...I hope it turns out ok...but I'm scared now! I think I had it before and it was alright. bbq sauce is one of those things that I need for ribs or pulled pork, but it's so carby

Hi Jenny, I purchased bulk los of all the walden farms BBQ sauce range, and as i live in Australia, it costed me over $300 in shipping to receive my bulk lots of Walden Farms products, including BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, alfredo, pasta sauce, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter etc...so i was devastated when some of my $600 order arrived smashed (as i brought from walmart an used a mail forwarding center to forward the package to Aus.... i learnt my lesson and will now stick to ordering from netrition lol - but anyway, after spending so much money, i sure was hoping for a delicious tasting sauce - in all honesty i have now noticed a strange pattern with my tastes and opinions of the waldens range. My initial response to the sauces etc are ...not great, to say the least, but i mix in a little cream cheese, or Parmesan cheese powder to the sauce, and started eating it, and its almost as if your taste buds suddenly adjust to the strangeness - as now i LOVE it, i LOVE all there sauces.

I will say for anyone who is hesitant about trying them, give them a shot, dont expect the best sauce, but atleast make it "tolerable" for your taste buds to start out with, then sooner or later you wont need any adjustments to the sauce, and you actually start enjoying it.... well thats what iv found anyway - as i spent so much money, no way i was going to throw it all away lol.. sorry for blabbering but my main point is just keep trying it, and eventually you will enjoy it. :up: