Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Oh no!! Orange was not one I was considering. Did you go to the Trutein website for the samples?
I did. The cinnabun one is eh. Had it last night. Thankfully these aren't causing gastric distress (as some are known to do that to me ) but the flavor is just too.....fake for me. I cut out a lot of the splenda/truvia type stuff in my diet, so i can really taste the sweetners in it.
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #92
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UghNowWhat View Post
Does anything exist without any kind of soy, artificial flavoring, hormones...

Even Garden Of Life Raw has soy in it.. it's just fermented. I might be able to tolerate the taste if it at least didn't have soy.
There are plenty of options for you! My favorites are:

Sun Warrior Classic Protein Raw Vegan
Sun Warrior Warrior Blend Raw Protein
Source Naturals True Whey
Garden Of Life RAW Protein
Note: you mentioned there is fermented soy in Garden of Life Raw Protein but there isn't. Check out the Nutrition Facts.

Netrition also carries these which may interest you:

Growing Naturals RiceProtein Isolate Powder
Organic Food Bar, Inc Vegan Protein
Organic Food Bar, Inc Whey Protein
Growing Naturals Raw Yellow PeaProtein Powder
NutraFusion Nutritionals Phood
NutraFusion Nutritionals PlantFusion Protein
SAN Rawfusion Protein
Vega One Shake
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #93
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
I did. The cinnabun one is eh. Had it last night. Thankfully these aren't causing gastric distress (as some are known to do that to me ) but the flavor is just too.....fake for me. I cut out a lot of the splenda/truvia type stuff in my diet, so i can really taste the sweetners in it.
Oh, see, I'm a sweetener fan. I was reading a review on a body building website and there is a seasonal flavor, Pumpkin Pie. He took a scoop of protein powder and added enough milk (he said 1/4 cup. I would try Almond Breeze) and stirred it to a pudding consistency. He said it it was completely dissolved and just like the high priced protein puddings. He did it with the peach mango also. I have that one also so may try making pudding. As for the Pumpkin Pie flavor, I use vanilla powder, freeze a cup of pumpkin puree, add cinnamon to unsweetened Almond Breeze. Lots of fiber and it is SO good. I think if you only want one flavor, the vanilla is the most versatile but I do love the chocolate peanut butter.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UghNowWhat
Thanks Kathy! That Sun Warrior looks decent..although I'm not really sold yet on vegetable protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
There are plenty of options for you! My favorites are:

Note: you mentioned there is fermented soy in Garden of Life Raw Protein but there isn't. Check out the Nutrition Facts.
There is. I was looking at them in the store the other day. Check out the official Garden of Life website. I guess Netrition likes to deceive knowing many low carbers purchase from there. There is also brewer's yeast in it.
http://www.gardenoflife.com/Portals/...al_Mar2012.jpg
UghNowWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #95
Administrator

I understand your concern about soy. However, Netrition is not deceiving anyone. The Nutrition Facts on Netrition's web site for the Garden of Life Raw Protein clearly indicate brewer's yeast is included. You are correct, however, that 2 of the 4 flavors do contain fermented soy. My apologies on that as I didn't notice it.

The information supplied in the Nutrition Facts come directly from the manufacturer, in this case, Garden of Life. We will have Netrition staff review the Nutrition Facts on all 4 flavors of the Raw Protein to make sure they are consistent with the product in stock.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #96
Administrator

We have reviewed the Garden of Life Raw Protein product labels for all 4 flavors. According to the manufacturer's label, the only flavor that does NOT contain soy or fermented soy is the Vanilla Spiced Chai flavor. The Vanilla Spiced Chai label indicates it is "soy free".
Old 08-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: StilettoMommy
Stats: 205/205/140
WOE: Low Carb-Induction
Start Date: March 2014
I am new to the low carb thing but I have used Dymatize ISO•100 for a long time. It is zero carbs and tastes amazing.
StilettoMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
well my huge 5 lb tub of Trutein vanilla arrived today. I bought it after reading this thread and it is YUMMY! I made cookies with it and want to try to make the protein pudding. I don't drink shakes so looking for any other ideas to make baked goods with the Trutein.

Thanks again everyone for all the recommendations. I am so happy to have finally found a protein powder I like.
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote