Old 07-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Luca
Stats: 204/159/145
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 7/4/11
questions about the glorious OMM...

Hey guys,
I have some dumb questions about the OMM-it was new to me, had my frst one yesterday, and I love trying out new lc goodness.

Anyhoo-how do you make multiple ones? can you make multiple servings using a muffin tin? AND do they freeze well?
Luca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Yes I have made multiple in a muffin pan...I just take the recipe times six and it usually makes a dozen muffins if you fill the cup about 1/2 to 2/3 full...I also use a tablespoon of butter or butter and coconut oil combo per muffin instead of the teaspoon the original recipe calls for, this keeps them moist from the dry heat in the oven...they are a little smaller than the serving made in the microwave.

I usually bake these for 15 minutes at 350 then check. Depending on what flavor of muffin i make it can take up to 25 minutes. I make chocolate the most and sometimes blueberry and pumpkin.

Being fat is Hard...Dieting is Hard... Pick your hard

Live, Laugh, Love and...LEARN from mistakes

65 pounds lost so far and not looking back

Last edited by lterry913; 07-24-2012 at 03:48 PM..
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mews
What's OMM?
mews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
Yes I have made multiple in a muffin pan...I just take the recipe times six and it usually makes a dozen muffins if you fill the cup about 1/2 to 2/3 full...I also use a tablespoon of butter or butter and coconut oil combo per muffin instead of the teaspoon the original recipe calls for, this keeps them moist from the dry heat in the oven...they are a little smaller than the serving made in the microwave.

I usually bake these for 15 minutes at 350 then check. Depending on what flavor of muffin i make it can take up to 25 minutes. I make chocolate the most and sometimes blueberry and pumpkin.
Thanks for posting directions for making OMM in an oven! I only have the microwave directions, and my microwave died and hasn't been replaced yet. I've been doing lowcarb for over 6 months and haven't tried making OMMs in all that time since I was microwaveless.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
I cook them partially in the microwave and finish them off in the oven even when I make just one, because I much prefer the taste when they are browned off.

Yes, making multiples and freezing them is wonderful and so convenient. You can experiment and make so many kinds, it's practically endless.

OMM=one minute muffin. It can be mixed up and microwaved in a mug in roughly a minute (for the microwave part of it) it may take a bit longer in your microwave, you have to experiment a bit.

Last edited by girondet; 07-24-2012 at 04:37 PM..
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mews
Thank you for answering my question.
mews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
one thing i have noticed with making bulk muffins is that they cook better at high heat for a shorter amount of time. i do 425-450 for 8-10 min....longer if needed. i remembered other HC muffins i have made in the past is that they are cooked hot and fast. so i tried with my LC muffins and they turned out much better.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote