Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Annie75
WOE: Low carb
Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge?

If you are on facebook at ALL, you have surely heard of the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge.

Have you/anyone you know done it?

I keep hearing wonderful things about it. The shakes are reportedly low sugar/low carb, which is vital to me as a type 2. People are dropping weight and feeling good. One of my friends in Kansas has friends who have lost a lot of weight and are off their insulin since starting this.

I know there is a multi-level marketing side to it and I'm not interested in that at ALL, but the health/weight sound good.

Any others heard anything about it?
Annie75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 300/258/150
WOE: Low Carb, my way <25 grams a day
Start Date: May 6, 2012
I have a facebook friend doing the 90 day challenge. I'm not sure how far into it she is, but she's lost 12.5 pounds so far.
countrycookinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gladee88er
Stats: 240 / 173.1 / 165
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2011
Yes Annie...I have. I personally know 4 or 5 people that are currently brainwashed by this product. It's like a cult around here. These people are going to conventions, and plastering their message all over Facebook. It's a MLM type of business, so people that get all fired up about it are trying to make money obviously. One of my friends is actually doing quite well with it actually, but he's a slippery old used car salesman anyway

I don't mean to offend anyone that may be in the biz, or that is currently taking the product, but I think the stuff is junk for what they charge for the stuff. I could reccomend at least 10 different high-quality protein powders and / or meal replacements that have better nutritional numbers across the board at about a third of the cost.

I'll try to dig up the nutritional info again and prove it to you if you'd like. It's been awhile since I looked at it. I'd much rather eat eggs and bacon in the morning with a high-quality multi than waste my money on all the hype. If you've got money to burn, Id say try it out. I heard the shakes taste good anyway

I have a feeling I'm going to get crucified by someone on here, but that's my humble opinion on the matter. There...rant over
gladee88er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladee88er View Post
Yes Annie...I have. I personally know 4 or 5 people that are currently brainwashed by this product. It's like a cult around here. These people are going to conventions, and plastering their message all over Facebook. It's a MLM type of business, so people that get all fired up about it are trying to make money obviously. One of my friends is actually doing quite well with it actually, but he's a slippery old used car salesman anyway

I don't mean to offend anyone that may be in the biz, or that is currently taking the product, but I think the stuff is junk for what they charge for the stuff. I could reccomend at least 10 different high-quality protein powders and / or meal replacements that have better nutritional numbers across the board at about a third of the cost.

I'll try to dig up the nutritional info again and prove it to you if you'd like. It's been awhile since I looked at it. I'd much rather eat eggs and bacon in the morning with a high-quality multi than waste my money on all the hype. If you've got money to burn, Id say try it out. I heard the shakes taste good anyway

I have a feeling I'm going to get crucified by someone on here, but that's my humble opinion on the matter. There...rant over
I agree. I know a few people in the MLM industry and they switched from one crooked company to this one. Don't know much about the product or the company but the people I know are crooked too. That is all.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Oh by the way Jim, if you happen to be on these boards, you aren't the slippery old car salesman I was talking about.....or are you?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Someone I know was convinced to try out this product by a co-worker. She didn't like the taste of the shakes and kept adding fruit to them to make them palatable. After a couple of weeks, she weighed 3 pounds more than when she started--which she attributed to having eaten lots of fruit in the shakes. And she commented on how expensive the product was, and how much she missed eating regular meals.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyHappyJoyJoy
Stats: 201.8/160.6/161
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 10,2012
I'm wary of the program.

I remember Oprah and Optifast. I remember my brother-in-law and Optifast. I know this isn't Optifast but the "drink meal replacement shake" idea is similar and eventually, you have to eat. Then what? Fast train to Fat City.
HappyHappyJoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
I remember a lady where I work being on it and I am almost postitive it has SOY in it..... Not what I would want.
sweetpoison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
I'm wary of the program.

I remember Oprah and Optifast. I remember my brother-in-law and Optifast. I know this isn't Optifast but the "drink meal replacement shake" idea is similar and eventually, you have to eat. Then what? Fast train to Fat City.
I was thinking the same thing when I was typing the post. It's just another quick fix. One of my friends that is on the program now thinks it's the greatest thing ever invented in the history of nutrition. She is losing fast to look good for her wedding next month. She's a carb freak though, and I know what's going to happen after the wedding. If or when she gains it all back, I hope she lets me help her do things the right way. I've been trying to get her to give this plan a month, but she likes her Vi shakes, so I'm just going to wait. I'm very patient, lol.