LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Luca
Stats: 204/159/145
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 7/4/11
advice needed

SO I have been bouncing around the scale the past couple of weeks...3 pounds up and 3 pounds down. On the days I am up (today) I am so upset and I "feel" so hungry. I want to eat everything in sight today...
How do I stop this vicious cycle? I am going to maybe make an omelette right now...I am frustrated for sure. Plus my coffee pot broke yesterday..no coffee this morning...
Luca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Can you post a menu of what you usually eat? Are you still in induction or on going weight loss?
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
You can pick up those little plastic cones for about $5. They actually make a lot better coffee than a coffee pot that cooks the stuff! Put in a little pointy filter, dump in the coffee (preferably fresh ground! ) pour hot water over it from a pan on the stove and excellent coffee in seconds with no worries about equipment breaking down.

As to the weight, frustrating as heck, I know! Been going through that again lately after breaking a two-month stall of gaining and losing the same three pounds.

What is your daily diet approximately? Can you post an example?

Encouraging a food addict to "just have one treat, so you'll stay motivated and on track" is like encouraging an alcoholic to just have one drink so they won't fall off the wagon.
MargeGunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
No coffee in the morning would definitely upset me, regardless of what the scale said!

When this happened to me, the issue was calories. After I lost my first 80 lbs, I lost and gained the same 5 lbs for months. Then I realized that the problem was that I didn't have a sufficient calorie deficit to lose.

Even eating very low carb (which I always do), there has to be a caloric deficit to lose. I don't know your age, but this usually becomes problematic for women by the mid-40s when our bodies begin to slow down approaching menopause and just require less food.

I was actually post-menopausal when this happened to me, but my problem is that I didn't realize that my 80lbs 'smaller' body required less food. I fed it less and got to goal. Now I eat less than I ever imagined I could, but my 'body' is totally satisfied. It's my 'head' that wants to give it more food.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyHappyJoyJoy
Stats: 201.8/160.6/161
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 10,2012
Sometimes if you keep eating the same foods over and over OR the same calorie level over and over, the body stalls.

Maybe mix up your calories per day a bit. So, one day maybe you're at 1250 calories, then the next 1450, the next 1100, etc.

Good luck!!
HappyHappyJoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
I think mixing it up is best as Happy has said. I hate stalls but they do happen.

It is also good advice about calories in calories out. If you do not burn more than you eat you will not lose the weight. I love to eat so I up my activity level more and more as I go along. I work out longer and do other things like take more steps, like the basic: Park as far from the door as you can when shopping, push in a basket from the farthest edge of the parking lot. Just staying active seems to get it done for me. Even with all that I still will have 6 and 7 day stalls but it just motivates me to work out more. And once the stall breaks the weight just starts flying off again. Hope this helps

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post
You can pick up those little plastic cones for about $5. They actually make a lot better coffee than a coffee pot that cooks the stuff! Put in a little pointy filter, dump in the coffee (preferably fresh ground! ) pour hot water over it from a pan on the stove and excellent coffee in seconds with no worries about equipment breaking down.

As to the weight, frustrating as heck, I know! Been going through that again lately after breaking a two-month stall of gaining and losing the same three pounds.

What is your daily diet approximately? Can you post an example?

I was going to say the same thing, get a cone. That cone shaped filter is a #2 filter. I've had a Melitta Cone for Years but I'm sure there are other brands out there. Use it when I only want 1 cup (not often as I use a Contigo travel container that's 16 oz. normally).
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote