LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cammie
Stats: 262 / 245 / ?
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiaMia View Post
I just bought a jar of Spectrum Organic CO, and I was surprised to see that it smells and tastes like nothing. I was imagining a coconut flavor. Is it suppossed to be tasteless?
You must have bought the Refined one, it's what I use for my skin/hair. It is tasteless, but the Unrefined has the coconut flavour and smell. I think Unrefined has a red band at the bottom of the label instead of the gold band on Refined, though I'm not sure if it's the same labeling everywhere.
cammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Lytle View Post
Originally Posted by jandjsmom View Post

I have been making peanut butter cups with the coconut oil, trying different things too!

Melt 2/3 cup CO, mix with 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1-2 packets truvia. Stir until really blended and pour into muffin pan that has been lined with cupcake liners. Refrigerate and they will harden up. I then keep them stacked in a tupperware dish in the refrigerator. Very yummy!!

I'd like to try this, but only have Splenda and Erythritol, how much would I use for the 2 pks of truvia? TIA......................... Ann

I just looked up Truvia since I've never used it. Each packet is the equivalent of 2 teaspoons of sugar/sweetener. The Splenda packets are the same. So adjust for other sweeteners and go by taste.

I make mine with just about those measurements but I also add in 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a few drops of vanilla. Then I put it in a 24 cup mini silicone pan and I don't need the papers. They just pop out, then I keep them in a container in the refrigerator. So good.

Last edited by watcher513; 12-12-2012 at 02:20 AM..
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SiaMia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammie View Post
You must have bought the Refined one, it's what I use for my skin/hair. It is tasteless, but the Unrefined has the coconut flavour and smell. I think Unrefined has a red band at the bottom of the label instead of the gold band on Refined, though I'm not sure if it's the same labeling everywhere.
Does refined CO have the same benefits of unrefined?
SiaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #94
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I recently discovered that vco in Celestial Seasons' candy cane lane green tea (holiday tea) is amazing. I add liquid sucralose & a tbsp of hwc for a real treat.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
This pudding is my breakfast almost every morning. Keeps me full most of the day!!

Bunny's pudding recipes!

Warm Chocolate Pudding
Put 2 eggs in a blender, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3 splenda, 1 tbsp. cocoa and blend. Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp. EVCO in bowl and nuke for 1 minute. Add to egg mixture and blend again for a minute. Transfer to mug/small bowl and nuke for abou 30 seconds, just enough to warm. It is incredible; thick, creamy, warm, just like homemade chocolate pudding right off the stove but better. It's the EVCO that does the trick.

****I use 3 packets of truvia and usually don't add vanilla
I use truvia also.

could you tell me the carb counts if you know them on this? and is this just one serving? I have to assume it is
sounds delish and making something like this fast if needed would be a great saver for me. I could plug it in and calculate but if ya know, could you post it. thanks

Last edited by Trigger828; 12-12-2012 at 11:34 AM..
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dangerkitteey
Stats: This time 216 (all time high 235)/172/140
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 12/26/13 for my third go-round
I'd love to use some CO, but hubby commandeered the jar I bought and has been using it as moisturizer and also a nasal "spray" (basically he sticks it up his nose with a q-tip). On the upside, he hasn't had a sinus infection since he started using it, and he was getting those seasonally.
dangerkitteey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerkitteey View Post
I'd love to use some CO, but hubby commandeered the jar I bought and has been using it as moisturizer and also a nasal "spray" (basically he sticks it up his nose with a q-tip). On the upside, he hasn't had a sinus infection since he started using it, and he was getting those seasonally.
I think you need your own jar Merry Christmas to you! When I have an order from Tropical Traditions close to the holidays, the box goes under my tree.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/185/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
random question, but: has anyone who uses CO on their cheeks noticed that it makes your very red? When I use CO on my skin it immediately turns slapped-cheek red. It's the strangest thing - I look sunburned. Anyone else have a similar experience?
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #99
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacB View Post
random question, but: has anyone who uses CO on their cheeks noticed that it makes your very red? When I use CO on my skin it immediately turns slapped-cheek red. It's the strangest thing - I look sunburned. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Not me. I am usually kind of pink and it seems to tone it down.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #100

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Not me.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
I just started using it on my face 2 days ago and my skin has cleared up and it feels amazing. I have never been able to use over the counter facial cleansers or moisturizers without my skin breaking out. I usually just use a washcloth and water to wash my face at night and just kinda let it do its own thing, but even in my mid 30s I still get acne and its bad at times. Im really hoping I have found the miracle treatment for my face.

I am using the refined non smelling one.

How do you use it in your hair? Like as a conditioner daily or what?

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wicked
Stats: 260/188-190/185-190
WOE: very low carb
Start Date: July 2004
The coconut creme concentrate from Tropical Traditions makes an excellent creamer in my morning coffee. I use 1-2 tablespoons + a little HWC every morning and it is about 70% coconut oil. Also use it in my blueberry tea. It does have a slightly gritty feel though.
wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
Quote:
Several years ago, after reading everyone's ravings about CO for their skin and hair care, I tried it; both with EVCO and refined. Both made my skin flush bright red AND created a flush of teeny-weeny little whiteheads. Needless to say, I immediately stopped using it on my skin.

I do continue to use it in my cooking and baking however with (thankfully) no adverse reaction...
RVcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gypsyD
WOE: 4HB slow to no carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
This pudding is my breakfast almost every morning. Keeps me full most of the day!!

Bunny's pudding recipes!

Warm Chocolate Pudding
Put 2 eggs in a blender, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3 splenda, 1 tbsp. cocoa and blend. Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp. EVCO in bowl and nuke for 1 minute. Add to egg mixture and blend again for a minute. Transfer to mug/small bowl and nuke for abou 30 seconds, just enough to warm. It is incredible; thick, creamy, warm, just like homemade chocolate pudding right off the stove but better. It's the EVCO that does the trick.

****I use 3 packets of truvia and usually don't add vanilla
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie and have been just lurking until I get the hang of this site. One of the things I've been trying is bunny's EVCO chocolate pudding. It sounded so perfect but after several servings of evil tasting chocolate scrambled eggs in warm oil, I figured out how to make it work. I make it on the stove on a very low heat, then transfer it to my Magic Bullet, add a dash of salt and splash of heavy cream and whip it up. Really delicious...warm, creamy and so satisfying. ! Thanks so much for this recipe and all the other suggestions, I love this site!
gypsyD is offline   Reply With Quote