Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bslick
Evco

Not to be sounding dumb..but what is Evco? I was looking at the Chocolate pudding receipe. sounds good..but have no idea what Evco is
bslick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muncheechee
Stats: 261/235/145 (5'6")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/14/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaseT View Post
I've had one of those, but it broke within six months of using it daily. I think I will check out some of the other similar offerings....sure would be easier to clean!
I have one that's similar to the magic bullet but is made by cuisinart. The quality seems much better than the magic bullet. I've had it for about a year and use it a LOT.
muncheechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ocean
Stats: 240/144/ Below 145 5'1.5"
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslick View Post
Not to be sounding dumb..but what is Evco? I was looking at the Chocolate pudding receipe. sounds good..but have no idea what Evco is
Extra virgin coconut oil. It isn't a dumb question at all. I think I had to Google this at one point too.
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinagain6
Stats: 228.6/228.6/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 08/31/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslick View Post
There is not dumb question is extra virgen coconut oil.
thinagain6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinagain6
Stats: 228.6/228.6/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 08/31/12
Does anybody know if the warm chocolate pudding is safe in the induction
'???
thinagain6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Geesebaby
Stats: 314/271/150
WOE: Atkins induction, Gluten Free
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2014 Atkins
I want to try this...but have to admit I get wigged out by uncooked eggs...the thought of eggs only "warmed" and not cooked make me feel queasy. I'd love to try this though. Maybe I could do this on the stove and just "cook" it a bit longer to keep them from scrambling...but still have them more then just a few minutes in the micro???? Any thoughts on this? Not trying to be a Ninny...I just really, really get wigged out by poached or drippy eggs. :/
Geesebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #67
krb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krb
Stats: (313 all time high)255/ 226/ 170 I'm 5'10" & 32 yo
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: this time 12-28-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesebaby View Post
I want to try this...but have to admit I get wigged out by uncooked eggs...the thought of eggs only "warmed" and not cooked make me feel queasy. I'd love to try this though. Maybe I could do this on the stove and just "cook" it a bit longer to keep them from scrambling...but still have them more then just a few minutes in the micro???? Any thoughts on this? Not trying to be a Ninny...I just really, really get wigged out by poached or drippy eggs. :/
I know, I try really hard not to think about it. The only thing I have thought of is buying egg beaters because they are pastuerized and don't have to be cooked (I think.)
krb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jandjsmom
Stats: 155/126/127 5'4"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by krb View Post
I know, I try really hard not to think about it. The only thing I have thought of is buying egg beaters because they are pastuerized and don't have to be cooked (I think.)
I was using the egg beaters when I was really into the egg creams but then I was told that it is really not good to only consume egg whites raw without the yoke. Can't really remember why, but try googling something like "is it safe to consume egg whites raw without the yoke" maybe the info will pop up. Something about it being incomplete can cause a biotin deficiancy???
jandjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Texas Girl
Stats: 174/153/151 - 5'7"
WOE: Low carb eating
Start Date: March 2012
I thought I would have a problem with the uncooked eggs too but once I made it I was addicted. I think that if you attempt to cook longer it gets lumpy and has a thickness to it. I tried this the second time I made it and I could eat it but the richness of the flavor disappeared.

I woke up late this morning and actually put some whipped cream on top Bad I know....I have been having this every morning for about a week now and my skin has now returned to a healthy glow. Love this stuff
Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #70
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesebaby View Post
a few minutes in the microwave will cook eggs
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #71

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
a few minutes in the microwave will cook eggs
That is what I thought too Deb. My mom is in love with her microwave and will use it before anything else to cook. She cooks her eggs all the time in the microwave. It only takes seconds--30 sec or so--to cook scrambled eggs. I guess it depends on your wattage, but this recipe cooks those eggs. No worries.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #72
krb
Senior LCF Member

they sell egg beaters with the yolks too.

Also has anyone made cream cheese clouds with coconut oil instead of butter? I don't want to burn out on the pudding, but I am LOVING losing weight.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb View Post
they sell egg beaters with the yolks too.

Also has anyone made cream cheese clouds with coconut oil instead of butter? I don't want to burn out on the pudding, but I am LOVING losing weight.
Oh cool! Didn't know they sold them with yolks too!! I will have to look for that.

Don't know about the clouds, but hopefully someone will be able to tell us.

I have been making peanut butter cups with the coconut oil, trying different things too!

Melt 2/3 cup CO, mix with 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1-2 packets truvia. Stir until really blended and pour into muffin pan that has been lined with cupcake liners. Refrigerate and they will harden up. I then keep them stacked in a tupperware dish in the refrigerator. Very yummy!!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy623
Stats: Highest 199/150/148
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: January 2003
They are wonderful with the EVCO--I make them with the coconut oil all the time!!

1 8 oz. cream cheese softened in the microwave
4 TSPS of EVCO
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder-Hershey's
1/2 cup Splenda

Mix it all up and scoop out lovely clouds on foil-put in freezer for a couple hours and you will eat one of the best treats of your life!!

I copied the warm chocolate pudding recipe on a piece of paper-will try it in the next couple days...thanks!

Those clouds have been tweaked so many ways!! But love the EVCO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg April Download 2012 261.jpg (49.5 KB, 36 views)

A year from now, you may wish you had started today~Robert Schuller
Kathy623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: June6Bride2003
Stats: 140//125
PUDDING!

I've been on these boards since 2003... and though I rarely post... I do log in from time to time for new recipes... inspiration... etc...
Today I logged on to look for a new recipe and I am SO happy I did.
I found the pudding recipe and after reading the entire thread...just made one for lunch. SO GOOD. It wasn't "thick"... more like a THICK chocolate milk (would like to know how to make it more of a pudding consistency)...but, it was GOOD...and knowing that I just downed 2 EGGS and 2 TBSP of CO, makes it even better!!! I only used one packet of Splenda and it was plenty sweet too.
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS WONDERFUL RECIPE!

5'5
June6Bride2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by June6Bride2003 View Post
I've been on these boards since 2003... and though I rarely post... I do log in from time to time for new recipes... inspiration... etc...
Today I logged on to look for a new recipe and I am SO happy I did.
I found the pudding recipe and after reading the entire thread...just made one for lunch. SO GOOD. It wasn't "thick"... more like a THICK chocolate milk (would like to know how to make it more of a pudding consistency)...but, it was GOOD...and knowing that I just downed 2 EGGS and 2 TBSP of CO, makes it even better!!! I only used one packet of Splenda and it was plenty sweet too.
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS WONDERFUL RECIPE!
Mine always turn out like a really thick hot chocolate. You just need to play with it each time and find the "sweet spot" with your microwave. I always do 30 seconds, stir then 6 second intervals stirring each time until it is how I like it. It seems like just a few seconds makes the difference between creamy and lumpy!!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #77

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
bumping cause i love the pudding
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #78
krb
Senior LCF Member

AND you can easily triple the batch and store in the fridge. It keeps just fine and I like it cold!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy623
Stats: Highest 199/150/148
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandjsmom View Post
Oh cool! Didn't know they sold them with yolks too!! I will have to look for that.

Don't know about the clouds, but hopefully someone will be able to tell us.

I have been making peanut butter cups with the coconut oil, trying different things too!

Melt 2/3 cup CO, mix with 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1-2 packets truvia. Stir until really blended and pour into muffin pan that has been lined with cupcake liners. Refrigerate and they will harden up. I then keep them stacked in a tupperware dish in the refrigerator. Very yummy!!

Just made these peanut butter cups and let me tell you.........magnificent!!!!
Thank you! I would have never thought of doing this!!!
Kathy623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy623 View Post
Just made these peanut butter cups and let me tell you.........magnificent!!!!
Thank you! I would have never thought of doing this!!!
Hey Kathy, so glad you like them. I love love love them!! Glad you do to!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle

I'd like to try this, but only have Splenda and Erythritol, how much would I use for the 2 pks of truvia? TIA......................... Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
I dislike coconut intensely, but I find Nutiva EVCO not too intense tasting. I just take a tablespoon of it a couple times a day.
theLossgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I just made pudding for the first time and was so suprised how good it came out. The flavor was rich and chocolatly. I did over cook it a bit and put it back in blender to blend again. Read that somewhere here on the boards and it came out smooth again. I have it chilling in refig...

The only bad thing is it is really high in calories.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Lytle View Post

I'd like to try this, but only have Splenda and Erythritol, how much would I use for the 2 pks of truvia? TIA......................... Ann
Last night I made a version of this......the recipe is so adjustable!
4 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp All Natural Peanut butter (just nuts + salt)
10 drops of vanilla flavored stevia

nuked for 30 secs....stirred till all even and smooth.
Then ladeled 1/2Tbsp portions into the wells of 12 heart shaped/silicone molds...that allows them to pop out in fun heart shapes...melts in your fingers!

Pop them in the lunch bag (it has a frozen cooler thingy in it) perfect treat in the middle of the work day!!!
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #85
I'm here to help!

Gallery: SugarFreeSheila
Stats: 141 to 110
Start Date: 2001
I add it to my stir-fry the same way I would butter (In addition to! I also use extra-virgin olive oil), and it really enhances the flavor of everything. You can buy it in bulk at places like Costco. It's also great mixed with things like cocoa powder and even chocolate protein powders - the latter makes really good low-carb bonbons.
SugarFreeSheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cammie
Stats: 262 / 245 / ?
Mine goes into coffee through the day. Six Americanos, 1tsp in each, there's my 2Tbsp! I can't do the bark or the pudding because I overeat them.

All my life I hated the taste / smell of coconut... I still won't cook with it but coffee now tastes wrong without it!
cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhubarb
Stats: 195/126/140
Start Date: July 2012
I've been needing some extra salt lately, so I make a cup of broth in the afternoon and add some coconut oil, trader joe's coconut milk, a tiny bit of splenda and a bit of Sriracha sauce for some "Thai soup." I'm really enjoying it and it takes care of salt and coconut oil needs in one go.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Has anyone tried this pudding on the stovetop? This is the first thing I've seen that's made me miss my microwave since I tossed it about three years ago.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
alright, I tried it. so, to answer my own Q, I think it works out okay on the stovetop, but you gotta use very low heat. it was okay, good snack, but still not chocolate cake, iykwim. i just finished eating it, so I'll have to see if it lasts me five hours as PP said, or whether I have side effects (usually I only eat one tablespoon at a time).
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SiaMia
I just bought a jar of Spectrum Organic CO, and I was surprised to see that it smells and tastes like nothing. I was imagining a coconut flavor. Is it suppossed to be tasteless?
SiaMia is offline   Reply With Quote