LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tizy
Stats: 243/238/190
WOE: Atkins (Induction)... AGAIN
Start Date: 4/2/12
Atkins Bars

Anyone know which Atkins Bars are allowed during Induction? My mom bought me a box of the Blueberry Almond Baked Squares but the net carbs are 6 but on the back carbs are 24 with only 10 for dietary fibers... I'm missing carbs... not sure where and fear these might not be a good idea for Induction. I've looked on line and all over the box for something saying what phase these things are. Atkins site says day break are allowed... Confused. Also can anyone explain where the missing 14 carbs are in these bars??
tizy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tizy
Stats: 243/238/190
WOE: Atkins (Induction)... AGAIN
Start Date: 4/2/12
I figured this out... I didn't subtract the sugar alcohols... But I went and read some threads about the bars and I'm thinkin these aren't for me... ugh!!
tizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #3

Gallery: FatCat
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct. '99
God job, tizy. you're right, I'd avoid them too. Some people can eat them but everyone is different. Don't mess up induction by eating them (in fact, I wouldn't eat them at all).

I'm sure you'll get people responding saying "They never bothered me", but why chance it if you don't know? And secondly....the price you pay for them really isn't worth it, imo.
Then there are the sugar alcohols. Most people have problems with them, especially molitol. Problems range from gas, to stomach aches, bloating, to diarrea. Again, not worth the risk to me.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Annie75
WOE: Low carb
I will be that person who is positive about the Atkins bars. I love them and have no ill effects (sugar alcohols don't bother me at all) nor have I stalled on them. THAT said, make the bars work for you. I wouldn't use them during induction, so as to break a sweet tooth if you have one. I use them occasionally, keep at least one in my purse for when I get caught unprepared or have a blood sugar drop. They can be a highly positive TOOL in your weight loss, but if you use them like candy, you defeat the purpose of learning to live low carb.
Annie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Atkins bars usually have on the lable what phases they are appropriate for, so if it says phase one, it is approved for induction. But you still probably want to limit them to no more than 1 "product" a day...
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Orphalie
Stats: 260/245/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: march 10th 2012
I tend to stall on them. I don't like the taste of most of them either. I do currently have a box of the cocnut choc bar ones in my cabinet right now. I keep them in case of dire emergency. The other day when I was at a birthday party and hadn't managed to eat all day and it was 6 pm and suddenly I felt horrificly hungry and had people pressuring me to eat cake. I whiped the one out of my purse and said no thx to the cake (for the 4th time).
Orphalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sfmom
Stats: 176/112.0/135 5'8" tall
WOE: Low carb
I am another one of those people who has never had a problem with them stopping weight loss or stalling me - I have them when I really am craving something sweet, it's not an every day thing but it has saved me more than once from eating an off plan sweet. Some people make low carb desserts and eat them to me this is my idea of a low carb dessert that I have every once and a while. It helps keep me on plan. It's up to you whether you want to try them or not.
sfmom is offline   Reply With Quote