LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShyQuietGurl88
Stats: 210/175/160
WOE: Low Carb Diet
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Weight loss in one week?

How much weight have you loss in your first week of the low carb diet? I'm on my first week of my low carb diet and I don't want to weigh myself til the end of the week. Please state your height, starting weight and pounds loss in your first week. I want to get an ideal of how much pounds I will loose.
ShyQuietGurl88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
I lost 10 the first full week on strict Atkins 72 induction. But I have a 100 to lose. I'm looking at your stats...says your current weight is 180, and your goal is 160? You're looking to lose 20 lbs...so I assume you're just 20 lbs overweight. I suspect you could expect to lose as little as 1 pound...maybe 2 if your metabolism cooperates.

There's a couple of problems with the question...one being, if you're VERY obese, you can expect to lose a lot the first week or two. But if you're just a bit overweight, it won't be near as big a number. The last 20 lbs. seem to come off slower...maybe 1/2 lb. a week...maybe a full lb. But you're not likely to see any big drops. So if you have heavy, heavy people answering, you will hear a number that there's no way you could drop...

The other problem with this question is...everybody's answer will be totally different. And everyone's metabolism will react differently. You could be a lucky one with a fast-reaction metabolism and drop several lbs. right away. Or you could be a slow-metabolism and have it take a couple of weeks.

Good luck to you...it's a great way to lose weight without feeling starved. And it does work. But it's not as fast as you may wish, just so you know.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 03-16-2012 at 03:45 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I did the Dukan Diet starting August 1, 2011 and lost 14 pounds in 10 days. I couldn't believe it. It stayed off and never came back. I started with 45 pounds to lose. I am 5'9" tall. As of this morning I'm down -28.4 so it definitely slows after a while.

I was completely stalled in December so I switched over to JUDD on December 22 and have messed up a lot because of lots of travel and a couple of family tragedies (deaths in our family). But I'm losing consistently and it's staying off, so I'm happy.

Oh, and I'm 57 years old.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
AVERAGES

Typical loss for low carb diet induction period (first two weeks) is 10% of the total amount of weight you need to lose.

After the induction period, average loss is 1% of total body weight per week.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
After the induction period, average loss is 1% of total body weight per week.
This is also the average loss for most any weight-reduction diet out there.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eagle eye
WOE: Low Carb
I restarted atkins last Friday and I"m down 8lbs today( a week later). As you can see from my stats I have a lot to lose. I'm no stranger to low carbing I know it works when I stick with it.
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
I restarted atkins last Friday and I"m down 8lbs today( a week later). As you can see from my stats I have a lot to lose. I'm no stranger to low carbing I know it works when I stick with it.

Wow! Wow! Wow! Yay YOU!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShyQuietGurl88
Stats: 210/175/160
WOE: Low Carb Diet
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
I lost 10 the first full week on strict Atkins 72 induction. But I have a 100 to lose. I'm looking at your stats...says your current weight is 180, and your goal is 160? You're looking to lose 20 lbs...so I assume you're just 20 lbs overweight. I suspect you could expect to lose as little as 1 pound...maybe 2 if your metabolism cooperates.

There's a couple of problems with the question...one being, if you're VERY obese, you can expect to lose a lot the first week or two. But if you're just a bit overweight, it won't be near as big a number. The last 20 lbs. seem to come off slower...maybe 1/2 lb. a week...maybe a full lb. But you're not likely to see any big drops. So if you have heavy, heavy people answering, you will hear a number that there's no way you could drop...

The other problem with this question is...everybody's answer will be totally different. And everyone's metabolism will react differently. You could be a lucky one with a fast-reaction metabolism and drop several lbs. right away. Or you could be a slow-metabolism and have it take a couple of weeks.

Good luck to you...it's a great way to lose weight without feeling starved. And it does work. But it's not as fast as you may wish, just so you know.
No I ain't just 20lbs overweight. I want to see how I feel with my body when I am 160lbs. If I ain't happy my next goal will be 140lbs. I'm on Day 4 with my low carb diet and I did weigh myself today. Day 1 I was 184lbs now I'm 180lbs. And I don't want to weigh myself within the next 3 days. I know I shouldn't believe the bmi calculator because I do have a large body frame but it did say I'm obese and I do believe I am. Trust and believe I do not have a fast metabolism, If I did I wouldn't be struggling with weight loss. And I know it differs that is why I asked for height and weight. Somebody my height and who somewhat weighs the same as me, that person and I could have something in common. Also, I wanted to know what all yall people lost in the first week because I've read about how much pounds you loose in the first week and I wanted some motivation and inspiration.
ShyQuietGurl88 is offline   Reply With Quote