Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 908
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
No Change, Yet.

I've been doing low-carb since March 27th and haven't noticed any difference in my clothes. I did measure the 1st day and the other day and there had been no change. I haven't weighed myself since the 1st day, and now I'm even more scared to weigh-in on Sunday, which is the 2wk mark. I got some ketostix and it's registering between the 15 and 40. Here is the link to my eating :

My Journey Has Begun!

Maybe, I am eating too much salt? I'm drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.

What should I do? Cut something out? Add something in? Up my calories?

Thanks!
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
OhioGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NW OH
Posts: 451
Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
i have NO business giving advice to a woman, i think guys and girls are sometime totally different. reading through this board ive noticed a lot more women saying they arent losing than guys (but this could be a number thing too)
but have you done a hard core introduction? cut the carbs as low as possible?
if you can do a Monday Tuesdays and Weds hard core it might help jump start. its how i go about it. or when i go dumb and have sugar, i go back to 3 days of hard core ZERO or what i call zero. Meat, salad, cheese.
Id also add, the sodium could be an issue and another big thing that some may agree and disagree with....
it doesnt work the same the 2nd time around. first time it pours off and the 2nd time, you have to work a lot harder at it. imho =)
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 908
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Just not feeling it today. All I've been thinking about is throwing in the towel. I haven't. I won't. Damn this fat...
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 126
Gallery: breadaddict
I have become discouraged at times when I measured myself at the usual places, such as my waist and hips, and saw no change in measurements. But then I realized that I tend to lose weight in other places first! My face, arms, chest (of course, lol) and thighs. Not my target weight-loss areas, but my body will lose weight how it wants to. I know that eventually inches will shed from my stubborn areas, but I have to be patient.

Your menu really does look good from what I saw. Maybe you are losing from other areas that you have not paid much attention to? Just a thought.
breadaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 908
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadaddict View Post
I have become discouraged at times when I measured myself at the usual places, such as my waist and hips, and saw no change in measurements. But then I realized that I tend to lose weight in other places first! My face, arms, chest (of course, lol) and thighs. Not my target weight-loss areas, but my body will lose weight how it wants to. I know that eventually inches will shed from my stubborn areas, but I have to be patient.

Your menu really does look good from what I saw. Maybe you are losing from other areas that you have not paid much attention to? Just a thought.
Thanks! I never really thought about losing in places you cant really measure or typically dont. It's good to hear that I'm on track and that the weight will come of in due time. I'm not giving up this time!
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
Midlyfechrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 762
Gallery: Midlyfechrysalis
Stats: 237/212/something healthy
WOE: Meat, veggies, eggs, limited dairy
Start Date: 9/7/13 (interupted 10/15 by car accident)
You are a large person (so am I). It will take some time. Losing to the point of clothes feeling different - at our weights - takes more than 2 weeks.

Look, any life you chose is hard. It's hard to do low carb. It's hard to do "balanced" such as South Beach or Weight Watchers. It's hard to be fat.

But less than 2 weeks is not enough time in any of them to make an informed decision.

Me? I chose to give up cake in lieu of steak.
Midlyfechrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Dragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gorgeous Pacific NW!
Posts: 683
Gallery: Dragonfly
Stats: 339/219/150 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
Just not feeling it today. All I've been thinking about is throwing in the towel. I haven't. I won't. Damn this fat...
Hi Melisa...I'm in Washington too...North Bend. Please don't throw in the towel. Believe me, I know how frustrating this journey can be, but it does work...and it can take some time. But, if you plan to make this your life long way of eating, what's the hurry? The pounds WILL come off if you keep your carbs low. I started my journey almost 100 pounds above where you've started. Tomorrow will be 3 years since I started LCing, and I'm still nowhere near my goal...but I'm 120 pounds closer to it! I have stumbled along the way, and gained some back (I got down to 190 at one point), but I know that low carb is the only plan that really works for me.

Just keep your head down, keep you carbs low...and maybe wait a while to weigh. I waited 3 months for my first weigh-in when I started. Your clothes will start getting looser, just hang in there!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Consistency is key~
~Slow and steady wins the race~
Size 28/16/10
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
brandywine12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pa.
Posts: 312
Gallery: brandywine12
Stats: 195/160-155
WOE: Atkins 100%
Start Date: 1-4-11
this woe is really sneaky, as far as the weight loss and loss of inches.When I first started this woe, I thought the same way , because I didn't have a loss of weight or inches , then one day after a week or so , I tried on a pair of jeans that I out grew and low and behold there was a loss of inches , it may of not been a big loss, but none the less it was a loss. I was so happy after I discovered that it WAS working for me. I am a slow loser so , I was just ecstatic that I even had a tiny one.Hang in there it WILL happen , keep a garment that is a size smaller then you wear , and you to shall see.

But if your not seeing any thing continuously, get check out by your dr. You may have thyroid trouble.
I would limit your salt intake for a while and see if that helps. pickles, olives , processed meats, cheese all have a lot of salt. I retain like a sponge lol! good luck!
brandywine12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 908
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Hi Melisa...I'm in Washington too...North Bend. Please don't throw in the towel. Believe me, I know how frustrating this journey can be, but it does work...and it can take some time. But, if you plan to make this your life long way of eating, what's the hurry? The pounds WILL come off if you keep your carbs low. I started my journey almost 100 pounds above where you've started. Tomorrow will be 3 years since I started LCing, and I'm still nowhere near my goal...but I'm 120 pounds closer to it! I have stumbled along the way, and gained some back (I got down to 190 at one point), but I know that low carb is the only plan that really works for me.

Just keep your head down, keep you carbs low...and maybe wait a while to weigh. I waited 3 months for my first weigh-in when I started. Your clothes will start getting looser, just hang in there!


Thanks for the support and encouragement! One thing I noticed today while at work, was that my face doesn't look as fat I've also been experiencing heartburn or indegestion? A burning in my throat and my stomach has been kind of off.... not sure what from. Maybe stress or this WOE?!
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.