LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jonahsafta
Stats: 165/157.8/153
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: orig. 1995 @248#
JUDD

I am not being combative.....Im slowly losing...I tried to assess the JUDD thread.. to determine whether this might work to help me attain my goal.... successful long termers are rare..please convince me I should try this... Im even willing to try this short term.... I need success stories...more than 2 months..
Jonahsafta is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Well, there are lots of people who are happy with JUDDD. Personally I was not one of them. This is not to say that JUDDD won't work for you. It just did not work for me. We all have our own bodies and they have their own minds It is hard to find what works for each of us!

Some of it depends on how you do JUDDD. JUDDD does not prescribe the kind of food you should eat, just a calorie level. Therefore you are free to choose. Some JUDDDers eat a LOT more carbs than most of us do here. Some of them eat wheat and rice and all the carby stuff we think we miss when we do low carb. And some of them do fine on this diet! Some of them don't have a problem controlling how much they eat when they introduce these carbs back to their diets. In fact, many of them eat sugar, candy and cakes too.

However some people go overboard the moment they introduce these items. It is up to you to decide if you can/are willing to have them as a part of your diet if you do JUDDD. Nobody says you have to! There are also people who try a more low carb JUDDD approach.

Eating the carby form of JUDDD does not work for me. Carbs make me HUNGRY and when I am out of ketosis, eating 500 cals or less in a day is a misery. I also do not believe that wheat and sugars are ever healthy, and cannot imagine adding them to my diet on a more than very occasional basis. I was overweight because of insulin resistance. Why allow myself to eat poison if I know that is what was killing me to begin with? But again, some people eat them and are fine with them.

And then there is low carb JUDDD. This can work fine and many people try it. It was not working for me because there are very few things you can eat to stay under such a low calorie level on the 'down days'. I live in Europe and could not buy the fancy products that most JUDDDers rely on (fat free stuff does not exist here, I can't get most things like oat bran, glucommannan powder, or even sugar free jello here!) to fill out their down days. Eating low carb juddd means that you may have to eat more carbs on the down days because low carb food is pretty calorie rich. Therefore, I could not lose. I cannot lose at ALL on more than 20 carbs per day. So it did not work for me. And it made me light headed every other day. I am in law school and cannot afford to be light headed half of the time

I had such high hopes for JUDDD. I actually tried it 3 times. Once the 'normal' version, twice low carb. No magic for me. But other people love it. I cannot speak for you, only give you a fair assessment of my own experiences. Whatever you choose, best of luck to you
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Here's another perspective for you. I got to goal with JUDDD, but only because being post-menopausal and hypothyroid, I needed to keep calories so very low that it was difficult on a daily basis. Cycling calories was my solution to eating an average of <1000 cal daily and not getting 'burned out.'

However, I always eat very low carb for health, and I had no problems doing that on JUDDD. My focus is always on getting sufficient protein. My DDs are mainly tuna or other fish and/or egg white 'omelets.'

That said, if I could have lost weight on 1200 cal or so, I would never had opted for JUDDD. I think it's better for long-term weight management to find a maintenance level that works on a daily basis and suits one's lifestyle.

Often those who are 'stalled' on low carb are simply not achieving a caloric deficit. People often forget that as they lose weight, the smaller body requires less food. Ironically, although most people are shocked at how low I need to keep my calories, it's 'natural' for my body, and I'm totally satisfied at that level.

IMO, effective weight management requires more self-knowledge than finding the 'perfect plan.'
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I'm one of those who lost well (30 pounds or so) on LC for the first few months, then stalled for a long time. I tried various versions of low carb, moderate carb, vlc (meat and fat), paleo, primal, and finally intermittent fasting. Nothing got the scale moving again.

I am insulin resistant, have PCOS, and am diagnosed pre-diabetic. I have a severely broken metabolism to be this heavy in the first place, and my body just doesn't want to give any of it up.

The only way I could begin to lose again was severe calorie restriction. LIke Leo said, I could lose on 1200/day. (In fact, I've never met anyone who doesn't lose at that level.) The problem was that I'd stick to that calorie level for a week or two, then the abject HUNGER would send me eating anything in the kitchen. I needed a plan that was flexible and I could do it day by day. Something that worked long-term.

Since I had tried IF, JUDDD was only a short step. I've been doing it for a good five months now. At first I didn't think those 500-calorie days would be do-able. But I found that they are. And after a couple of weeks, they actually become much easier. With the alternate-day refeeding, I never really feel deprived. If I "can't" go out with my family for fajitas on Tuesday (a DD), I can on Wednesday (an Up Day). A couple days a month I get really hungry, so my DDs are closer to 700 than 500 calories. But at my current weight, it's not a make-it-or-break-it problem. Over a week, my calorie average is around 1400... which allows me to lose in a way I couldn't if I had to stay to 1400 a day.

And, slowly, the weight is beginning to come off again. I lost 6 pounds last month, and five the month before. I'd be happy with three/month!

I eat regular food on DDs. Salad and hard cooked eggs for lunch, bone broth with miso, meat and veg for dinner. Yesterday's DD lunch was pepperoni and cream cheese (225 calories worth) and dinner was liver and bacon (250 calories worth) and creamed spinach (an extra 70). I eat pretty much the same way on DDs as on UDs, just much smaller portions.

JUDDD allows me to achieve the caloric deficit I seem to need, even with low-moderate carb, to lose weight... without the day-in-day-out grinding of a starvation-level of calories that ends up triggering overeating binges.

It may not be for everyone. But it sure seems to be working well for me.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
On December 12th, I posted this in the JUDDD forum:
Quote:
GOAL! (Thanks to JUDDD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been on these boards for 8 years, and lurking on these threads for about a month. I started with Atkins, lost the first 50 and then stalled for years. I tried CAD, IF (Fast 5 style), more carbs, less carbs, no dairy, etc. until a couple of years ago when I discovered hCG. I studied it for about 2 months before I took the plunge, and it worked beautifully! I actually got down to my all-time low goal of 138! However, I decided that I couldn't maintain that low a weight at age 54, post-menopausal, and hypothyroid. I raised my goal to 145, but really couldn't stay there, either. With "maintenance" rounds (2 a year), I've managed to stay in the 150's for the past couple of years. That's made me very happy! I wear size 6 jeans (I'm 5'7"). However, I couldn't figure out a way to keep the pounds from creeping back up and having to do another round of hCG, which I've grown to hate. JUDDD was the answer!

I started the week of Thanksgiving at 151, having just finished a round of hCG at 148, but already gaining. I enjoyed two lovely UDs during the holiday, and lost the weight quickly. Today, I'm finally at 145, my new goal! I'm really enjoying JUDDD, and my DH is also doing it loosely. He originally lost 80 pounds on Atkins, and stalled out just like I did. He joined me enthusiastically in hCG and lost down to an all-time low of 162 a couple of years ago (which, at 6' tall was too thin, IMHO). But he creeps up, too, and does more rounds of hCG with me. With JUDDD, he's dropped a few pounds and is at 173, where he looks great. I really think JUDDD is our answer for life-time maintanance.

I want to tell each of you how much I appreciate your posts. I've lurked because I wasn't sure when I wanted to start posting here, but now that I've proven to myself it works well for me, I'm HERE, and would like to be your JUDDD BUDDD.
I'm still JUDDDing and am happily, and easily, maintaining below my goal weight. I feel like I've finally found my long-term WOE. Come visit the JUDDD threads. I think you'll be convinced to give it a try. Most people do well, and if you don't think it's for you after giving it a go, no harm, no foul.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Deborah I'm a happy JUDDDster. I came to JUDDD in October wanting to lose the last 5# which seemed to be taking so long on vLC, and not only dropped the pounds very quickly, but have continued to lose in maintenance. YMMV of course.

As others have said, JUDDD doesn't care what kinds of foods or plan you're following - all that is up to you. There is no list of forbidden foods or required foods. JUDDD is simply calorie cycling. It's great not only for weight-loss, but apparently has many health benefits such as lowering inflammation in the body.

I have never bought any of the special order low calorie or low fat products online, just go with what is available in my grocery store for DDs. I think I tend to eat more "real food" on these DDs than I did in the beginning because I've found that proteins really help fill me up.

An example of a DD for me is that I drink tea or coffee in the a.m. and then when I need to eat, have some whole milk plain yogurt with protein powder mixed in and some berries. Later, I might make the cabbage skillet dish many of us love on JUDDD, which is coleslaw mix fried up with other veggies, seasonings, and combined with bits of lean proteins such as chicken, fish, shrimp, egg white, even other more fatty meats if they are small portions. I might make an egg white omelet with veggies and some cheese, or have Wasa lite crackers with some cream cheese and veggies. Lots of times I'll have very small portions of whatever I made everyone for dinner. Sometimes a salad with some cheese and lean protein fits the bill. There are all sorts of options to fill you up on DD without a lot of carbs, and we have threads about this on the JUDDD forum.

I hope that if you're interested you'll come check us out. JUDDD - Low Carb Friends
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I love JUDDD, it has helped me emotionally re: food, and I am losing.
I have great difficulty losing (PCOS among other things) and I stay mod carb, very low sugars, make sure I get my protein. The intermittent "starvation" or "fast" days are a lifesaver for me. I feel great, look better, and it is very easy.
I checked out Dr. Johnson's Alternate-Day Diet from library, easy read. The concept of the plan is in the JUDDD board stickies.
IMO intermittent fasting is the way to go for health benefits for me.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Resident crazy dog lady

Gallery: sistertzu
Stats: 244/goal -90 Atkins/IF
WOE: VLC/no grain/ minimal dairy
Start Date: originally march 08 but every day is a fresh start
I don't want to convince you one way or the other. You have to decide if it would be something that might work for you. I'm concentrating on intuitive eating so this plan would interfere with that for me. Restriction leads to obsession for me. I need to know that at any time I can eat anything I want. I also know I can choose to eat things and choose not to eat things, it the restriction that fuels my binging and overeating.
sistertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
One thing I'd like to mention is: JUDDD and low-carb aren't mutually exclusive! You certainly can low-carb on JUDDD, the foods you eat are your individual choice
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
One thing I'd like to mention is: JUDDD and low-carb aren't mutually exclusive! You certainly can low-carb on JUDDD, the foods you eat are your individual choice
I tried to do low carb JUDDD and found that for me they don't blend well. I was basically just starving myself every other day and the losses weren't any better for me than with regular low carb. I can see why it would appeal to those who have trouble losing on low carb but for those who lose fine, not so much.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Why were you starving on Low Carb Down Days, Bonnie? What were you eating, or not eating in that case?

Do you mean starving as in not enough food to feel satisfied, or starving as in not enough calories?

Salads are low carb and very filling, and can be eaten with lean meats to have more food and less fat on down days.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
_catzy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Why were you starving on Low Carb Down Days, Bonnie? What were you eating, or not eating in that case?

Do you mean starving as in not enough food to feel satisfied, or starving as in not enough calories?

Salads are low carb and very filling, and can be eaten with lean meats to have more food and less fat on down days.
I didn't say I was starving as in being hungry because I wasn't. I'm in ketosis and I'm never hungry not even when I was doing UDs. I meant starving myself as in eating less than 500 calories a day when I don't have to. It seemed counter productive to me to eat high fat one day and low fat the other day, which is basically what I was doing. Why settle for fat free dressing when I can eat full fat? Ditto with lean meat. I'm not knocking JUDDD, I'm just saying trying to do it LC just didn't work for me.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: breadaddict
I have considered trying JUDD as well, but wonder how everyone falls asleep after their down days. I cannot sleep when I am hungry! After eating only 500 calories, I would definitely lay awake hungry all night long.
breadaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I didn't say I was starving as in being hungry because I wasn't. I'm in ketosis and I'm never hungry not even when I was doing UDs. I meant starving myself as in eating less than 500 calories a day when I don't have to. It seemed counter productive to me to eat high fat one day and low fat the other day, which is basically what I was doing. Why settle for fat free dressing when I can eat full fat? Ditto with lean meat. I'm not knocking JUDDD, I'm just saying trying to do it LC just didn't work for me.
I just eat my 500 cals in the normal foods (or sometimes 600 or 700 cals ). I might throw a protein shake in for convenience sake, but I still eat "normal" foods. I might eat more veggies with less butter, but I still use real butter. I still eat regular dressing, just limit the amount. I choose leaner cuts of meat, which I enjoy anyway. I don't like fat free things or diet foods and try to stay away from them as much as possible.

The 2 days of JUDDD (the UD and the DD) actually average out to a decent calorie number (for example 500 DDs and 2000 UDs = 1250 cals) and you get the benefit of intermittant fasting. I think it's a great idea and this is coming from a girl who is huuuuuuuungry all the time. I was initially scared for the DDs and must admit that I am hungry on some of them still (I'm a relative newbie). But, the UD makes up for it for me.

Last edited by DD80; 03-07-2012 at 04:06 PM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadaddict View Post
I have considered trying JUDD as well, but wonder how everyone falls asleep after their down days. I cannot sleep when I am hungry! After eating only 500 calories, I would definitely lay awake hungry all night long.
Most people (not me, but it seems like a lot of JUDDDers) eat later in the day on their down days becaue they aren't hungry until then and it helps them so they don't have to go to bed hungry. Also, after being on the diet for a few weeks, your body regulates and you are less hungry during these days. I haven't had this happen fully yet (some days, I'm still ravenous, others, I'm just fine), but many people have.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: picklepete
My schedule is a little different, but a longer inter-meal period is the simplest way to burn fat. Fasting is one of those words that terrifies people ... until they try it and discover the paradox that it makes you less hungry than eating low-calorie or (god forbid) low-fat. The most baffling diet advice I see everywhere is "eat 5 or 6 times a day to keep your blood sugar stable"(?!?!).

"Abstinence is easier than temperance" as they say.
picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #17

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta View Post
I am not being combative.....Im slowly losing...I tried to assess the JUDD thread.. to determine whether this might work to help me attain my goal.... successful long termers are rare..please convince me I should try this... Im even willing to try this short term.... I need success stories...more than 2 months..
Here is one thread I have come up with on the JUDDD forum:

Who has done JUDDD for longer than a year??
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
My Journey Through WW, South Beach, LC, VLC, and JUDDD (long story) I have been doing JUDDD now for 7 months and have NO plans on ever eating any other way. I could NEVER say that when I was doing LC!!

AND read my signature on here, maybe that will show you some more proof!

Last edited by Beeb; 03-07-2012 at 06:37 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
I never have had this problem at all because I'm NOT hungry on Down Days at all!! I eat lots good food, filling food on my Down Days and I have getting the best sleep of my life since starting JUDDD!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Oh, i see. Well, I agree fat free dressing is just about as ack as you can get. But on a down day I can see spending the calories on full fat dressing , it's only around 120-220 calories for most 1 oz/2T servings.
Like when I had a huge salad with cucumber, tomato, radish, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar and feta with sliced ham, and most of the fat and calories were in the 2T of dressing. I LOL'd when I realized that.

I always thought about how if I ate to maximum calories and fat one day, it sorta carried over to the next day. I was eating over 70% fat and around 1800 calories, so even if I ate 500 calories the next day ( which I rarely did, stayed around 600-800) I'd still be averaging almost 1200 calories over the two days so I don't consider that starving.

But I do agree it can be hard to do a downday with fatty foods, but there are low carb foods that are naturally low in fat but not artificially fat free like ham, fish, shrimp, chicken patties, miso and brothy soup, ratatoulle and veggie based dishes and they are healthy and filling even if they aren't high fat.

In fact Days I don't eat high fat, I tend to eat more vegetables anyway just cause they are fresh and filling and tasty and it's a bonus that they would be low in calories as well. some of my favorite foreing dishes are low fat naturally like Miso and Japanese veggies, Seafood Hot pot, Sauteed Mushrooms in Fish Broth, Ratatouille....Mmm, I'm getting hungry.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Oh, I hate that. I used to be that way, couldn't sleep or wake up middle of the night, hungry. Well, I learned that fat before bed helps me sleep so I'd just save some calories for a fatty snack to have at bedtime. But really I found that getting an abundance of fat on Up Days seemed to make down days more bearable all around.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I have found a few vianigrette's that I love! And loved on LOW CARB as well. Wishbone Romano Basil being one of them! 60calories per 2T I believe... and 3 carbs.

I love cucumber salads on DD's I cut up 4 cucumbers, half peeled, 1/2 a red onion and 2 roma tomatoes. Then sprinkle with red wine vinegar (5 calories per T) add some salt, garlic powder and a few drops of liquid splenda. Amazingly good salad for about 50 calories a cup! Very Filling! Good for a few days in the fridge and better the 2nd and 3rd day!

Can't wait till summer- I'll eat this every day I'm sure!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I started EFGT last September. Lost seven pounds (and twenty inches) in two weeks, then stalled. Over the next two months experimentation showed I stalled on LC - I seemed to need 80 - 100 green, leafy carbs/day to lose. I jumped to JUDDD on 1 January and have lost 15 pounds, eating pretty much all the green leafy's I want (and the occasional rice, potato, and sweet) since then.

LC and JUDDD are both associated with the health benefits of true IF. Many asthmatics see their breathing improve, BP stabilize, blood glucose ditto. Both frequently cause appetite suppression. Both are ketogenic woe's where fat is burned preferentially.

I think removing or curtailing carbs, and intermittent calorie restriction are both paths to the same health-improving, weight-reducing processes in many bodies.

So, you can eat LC on JUDDD. Some of our most poster-child losers are doing this. Or you can eat vegan, or Paleo, or everything in the pantry. In fact, I tend to think of LC, vegan, etc as WOEs, while JUDDD may be more of a WOL - one of the many possible frameworks (like three meals a day, 5 or 6 mini-meals, one big meal, etc) within which the WOE is implemented.

Anyway, why ask? You can plan your eating and test JUDDD without taking yourself out of ketosis - no need to go back through induction if you decide to leave quickly. Study JUDDD (does not take long), plan your meals, give it a try. Give it a chance by trying for two weeks to a month (unless you find yourself screaming, "I just can't do this!") and see what happens.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #24

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Here is one thread I have come up with on the JUDDD forum:

Who has done JUDDD for longer than a year??
That was a thread I started just over 12 weeks ago because I was nervous about trying JUDDD too. I had all the same concerns most people new to JUDDD have.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have found JUDDD. It's not for everyone, for sure. If you have a history of ED, it can be a trigger, although we also have some on the JUDDD forum who have a history of ED which appears to have normalized their relationships with food. It's a YMMV thing.

I am not the poster child for doing JUDDD low carb. I am naturally not a "sweets" eater, so I don't do cake, cookies, candy, etc. I do incorporate a lot of carbs in the forms of pasta, more carby vegetables, some bread, etc. If anyone wants to check out my meal plans, they can find and friend me on ************. Beware, I drink lots of wine!

On low carb, I lost less than 13 lbs in 6 weeks, took a weekend off between low carb and JUDDD, gained back 3 lbs, and then used that as my starting weight. Since December 12, when I started JUDDD at 267.8, I have lost 33.6 lbs. That's 33.6/12.5 weeks = 2.69 lbs/week average. I was losing less than 1 lb/week on low carb.

I can't speak for anyone else, and wouldn't presume to try to "convince" anyone to try my WOE. You've seen several different sides of the story on this thread and will ultimately need to decide for yourself what's going to work for you. All I can give is my testimonial that JUDDD truly did change my life. For the first time EVER, in 20 years of dieting, I KNOW I'm going to get to my goal. I feel in total control and have a plan that's working like a dream. It doesn't hurt that I get to eat whatever I want either, just restricting every other day, and keeping to my higher calorie ceiling on my up days as well.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Buy the book 'Alternate day diet' It changed how I see food. Now I eat this way becasue I want to live longer and be healthier. It took 3 long weeks for me to adjust and suddenely the obsession with certian foods disappered. I had more energy (still do) and have an odd sense of happiness that comes and goes. When you can eat one day without restriction the other day being a down day is easy becasue it is only ever a matter of hours and you can eat what you want for breakfast and enjoy your up day. When my life gets stressfull and I can't do a DD I don't put weight on I mantain so instaed of going on a 3 day party and putting on weight I just stay the same. I am a slow looser but my pants are falling off and my inches have dropped a lot so my weight might not be down much but my body fat is. That's my input Good luck with whatever you decide
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Way to go JUDDD BUDDDS..Nice thread here i love it!!HUGS~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
To answer your question... during my first month or so on JUDDD, I found I needed to keep 50-100 calories for an evening snack, so I wouldn't be going to bed with a grumbly tummy.

But after that, the SIRT activation seems to have kicked in, because I no longer have much hunger on DDs. I eat half my calories at lunch, and half at dinner, and I'm not uncomfortable at bedtime.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I just eat my 500 cals in the normal foods (or sometimes 600 or 700 cals ). I might throw a protein shake in for convenience sake, but I still eat "normal" foods. I might eat more veggies with less butter, but I still use real butter. I still eat regular dressing, just limit the amount. I choose leaner cuts of meat, which I enjoy anyway. I don't like fat free things or diet foods and try to stay away from them as much as possible.
I do the same thing. I eat my normal high-fat fare on DDs, just much less of it. Full-fat dressings, cheeses, etc. The only "low fat" item in my fridge is Laughing Cow cheese, but that's because it melts so well into veggies and has a nice creaminess that I like.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I do the same thing. I eat my normal high-fat fare on DDs, just much less of it. Full-fat dressings, cheeses, etc. The only "low fat" item in my fridge is Laughing Cow cheese, but that's because it melts so well into veggies and has a nice creaminess that I like.
I have the Laughing cow light babybel cheeses - great as a snack! We are a lot alike!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #30
_catzy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I'm glad it works for you. Full fat dressing and cheeses alone would take me over my DD total. JUDDD is not the miracle WOE that is perfect for everyone just like LC and other WOEs aren't. I did it for 2 months and I stand by my opinion that doing JUDDD low carb wasn't a good fit for me. It isn't that I wasn't losing weight, because I was. I was losing at the same rate I do on straight LC, 2.68 lbs a week average. I decided not to limit myself to 400 calories every other day when I don't have to.