LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TyeRyann
Stats: 210/194/140
WOE: Carb Conscious
Start Date: January 13, 2012
Panda Express - OUCH!

I was taken out to lunch this afternoon and asked where I wanted to go. Panda Express seemed like the safest bet, out of my options, so we went there. I got steamed veggies in place of rice or noodles, and a couple of non-sweet meat/veggie entree options - Kung Pao Chicken and Broccoli Beef. When I came home, I looked up the carb count for the whole meal. TWENTY ONE carbs. OUCH!

To be fair, it could have been a LOT worse. But, still.

This means dinner will need to be practically carb-free, and we're going out to dinner at a fish place, so I guess we'll see what happens. It's a nice place, so I'm hoping I'll find a simple pan-fried fish with a side of steamed veggies or something along those lines.

Lesson learned. This is totally why I don't like eating out. Today happens to be a rare exception!

Tye

Keep calm and SPARKLE
TyeRyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeRyann View Post
I was taken out to lunch this afternoon and asked where I wanted to go. Panda Express seemed like the safest bet, out of my options, so we went there. I got steamed veggies in place of rice or noodles, and a couple of non-sweet meat/veggie entree options - Kung Pao Chicken and Broccoli Beef. When I came home, I looked up the carb count for the whole meal. TWENTY ONE carbs. OUCH!

To be fair, it could have been a LOT worse. But, still.

This means dinner will need to be practically carb-free, and we're going out to dinner at a fish place, so I guess we'll see what happens. It's a nice place, so I'm hoping I'll find a simple pan-fried fish with a side of steamed veggies or something along those lines.

Lesson learned. This is totally why I don't like eating out. Today happens to be a rare exception!
I hate when that happens! I do meat/veggies, sauce on the side when I do Asian. I'm not sure if panda express would do that- but I'd try.

I have found I enjoy the chicken/veggies, no sauce. I made my own sauce with a little soy and hot mustard.
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

They have all their stuff already out and mixed in with the sauce, so getting it on the side seemed impossible. Ah well, like I said, it could have been way worse. I did choose two of the lower-carb things on the menu, so that's good!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammykatt
Stats: 186/168.8/150
WOE: I dont even know anymore
Now I want Panda Express =/

That's still not that bad. I would have totally broke down and just got the orange chicken (which I NEVER want to know how many carbs are in that!) so good job for still staying really low at Panda! thats gotta be a hard thing to do!
Sammykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: randtbrown
Stats: Current:211/189/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart December 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeRyann View Post
They have all their stuff already out and mixed in with the sauce, so getting it on the side seemed impossible. Ah well, like I said, it could have been way worse. I did choose two of the lower-carb things on the menu, so that's good!
Maybe you could ask them to make you
Fresh food- it has to come from the back kitchen somewhere!!! Now I'm on a mission to find out!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammykatt View Post
Now I want Panda Express =/

That's still not that bad. I would have totally broke down and just got the orange chicken (which I NEVER want to know how many carbs are in that!) so good job for still staying really low at Panda! thats gotta be a hard thing to do!
I totally walked around for a few minutes trying to talk myself into something that would at least be *mostly* good to eat! HAH!

Orange chicken used to be my fav!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randtbrown View Post
Maybe you could ask them to make you
Fresh food- it has to come from the back kitchen somewhere!!! Now I'm on a mission to find out!
I'll have to find out next time I go! The lady did not seem at all shocked when I asked for veggies in place of rice or noodles, so maybe!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I didn't do as well with dinner out as I had hoped, but it's not the end of the world. I ended up at 41 net carbs for the day, about double what I normally eat, but still pretty low-carb overall. Funny enough, I'm only at 1470 calories! Argh!

Back on track tomorrow.

Last edited by TyeRyann; 02-21-2012 at 09:45 PM..
Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Zenngrl
Stats: Tight 18/----/Comfy 12 is my goal! - 5'6
WOE: ESE
Start Date: 1/11/11
That plus all the MSG makes me hold water like a mofo. I only feel safe eating at japanese steakhouses, where I can see it's just meat and veggies. Especially if you tell them to leave the sauce off. I love asian food, but it's so complicated when try to eat LC!
Zenngrl is offline   Reply With Quote