Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I was STALLED.... This is how I broke the stall!

I started doing Low Carb back when I was 20 in 2004. I lost 25 lbs in 4 months went from 153-128! NO PROBLEMS!!!! Love eating Low Carb! Stayed on LC for almost 3 years! I started dating someone new and I could tell that the way I ate "bothered" him. I gave up the low carb WOE and some how ended up back at 153...

Since breaking up with him- after almost 3 years I have attempted several times to get back on LC and it just wouldn't stick. In March 2011 (27yrs old) I got back on and STAYED on!!! And the new BF loves that I love the way that I eat! The first few pounds came off OK, I hung at 145 for a while... Then I hung between 140-142 for a while... (hit 139.8 ONCE during this time) I realized that in 10 months I had lost about 10lbs... and that wasn't enough for me! Last time I had lost 25lbs in 4 months and maintained!

I tried meat/egg fasts, I drink LOTS of water constantly (and still do), I cut out ALL sugar alcohols etc...

I started combining JUDDD and Low Carb on Jan 23rd! For a lot on Low Carb this seems too good to be true- or just to be a Pain in the YOU KNOW WHAT! Counting CALORIES???!?!?! Why in the world would I want to do that??? If you are stalled and have tried EVERYTHING else, give this a try! I am not telling you to NOT eat LC- I still do. My highest day these last 2 weeks was 32 carbs! I plan to stay mostly Low Carb moving forward. A day once a week at 50-60 carbs probably wouldn't hurt me. I still don't want to eat a lot of grains, but a slice of pizza once in a while won't kill me! (in the future I suspect- I'm not ready yet!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone should try to keep an open mind, if you are looking at a way to BREAK A STALL, give JUDDD a try. I did and I don't regret it! I was at 142lbs~ on Jan 23. Today has been 2 weeks! I weighed in this morning at 137.9!!! 4.1 lbs within 2 weeks and I don't think it is all water weight! I am 5'5.5 and near the goal weight for my height! I am sticking with LOW CARB!! But before when I was too afraid to add the 5 carbs per day/each week like recommended- I couldn't!! Now -once I get back from vaca I intend to! The average american eats 300-400 carbs per day!!! I intend to stick under 80 by the time I am done adding in carbs... and I may not even get that high most days...

Stop over in the JUDDD thread to ask any questions you may have... I have only been doing this for 2 weeks, and there are many more over there that would be of MUCH MORE help than me!

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope that if you have "been on the fence" that I have convinced you to atleast "try" JUDDD for 2 weeks... ask yourself... How long did it take to convince you to try Low Carb eating???

Last edited by Truffles; 02-06-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #2

Gallery: Tabbz82
Stats: 214.5/207/140
WOE: Low Carb-ish - no processed foods for me!
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
That is awesome!!!

***off to find out what the heck JUDDD is. LOL!
Tabbz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Way to go Truffles! I love JUDDD and will not return to low carb, but one of the reason's I love JUDDD so very much is because it works with all types of eating plans, so you can remain low carb if you want, but you don't have to. We have people doing Paleo and Primal, Low Carb, VLC, and no plan other than the JUDDD calorie cycling. Whatever WOE makes you feel good can be incorporated!

It does not work for everyone, but does for the vast majority of people who actually follow the plan. I was losing less than a lb. per week on Atkins and am averaging 3 lbs/week on JUDDD, just as an example.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: WW Diva!
Start Date: May 20, 2014
I wish I could follow in your footsteps! That binge monster keeps popping up! Perhaps once i'm in the 'swing' of things, i can start, but until then, I have to just get into it. Plus I just feel better doing LC anyway. It's not deprivation, I don't feel deprived at all - in fact you're encouraged to eat something! How can you not love that? Glad everything is working so well for you!
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I have been doing JUDDD for 3 years, but before anyone opts to change plans, it should be pointed out that counting calories is the key for many who are stalled. That is, low carb eating often naturally produces a caloric deficit as appetitle lessens.

However, many people respond to 'head hunger' and continue to eat at a higher level than they need. If you track your calories to see what your daily intake is, and you are neither losing nor gaining, then you're eating at your maintenance level--the amount your body needs for fuel each day. Thus, it has no reason to tap into your fat stores. In the past, I have actually gained while eating very low carb, simply because I have no 'stop' when it comes to appetite.

Moreover, anyone who is experiencing a significant weight loss may 'stall' at some point because the smaller body requires less food. For example, I stalled after I'd lost 80 lbs and couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing because I'd lost so well eating at that same carb/calorie level. It was only when I lowered calories that I broke the stall and continued to lose.

By reducing intake, you provide the deficit that forces your body to use stored fat to meet its needs.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I have been doing JUDDD for 3 years, but before anyone opts to change plans, it should be pointed out that counting calories is the key for many who are stalled. That is, low carb eating often naturally produces a caloric deficit as appetitle lessens.

However, many people respond to 'head hunger' and continue to eat at a higher level than they need. If you track your calories to see what your daily intake is, and you are neither losing nor gaining, then you're eating at your maintenance level--the amount your body needs for fuel each day. Thus, it has no reason to tap into your fat stores. In the past, I have actually gained while eating very low carb, simply because I have no 'stop' when it comes to appetite.

Moreover, anyone who is experiencing a significant weight loss may 'stall' at some point because the smaller body requires less food. For example, I stalled after I'd lost 80 lbs and couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing because I'd lost so well eating at that same carb/calorie level. It was only when I lowered calories that I broke the stall and continued to lose.

By reducing intake, you provide the deficit that forces your body to use stored fat to meet its needs.
Careful with that. I have a lot of time on my hands and read the *** boards religously. A lot of people who get stalled (not even doing LC), are told to increase calories. Once they do that - voila - they lose again. Perhaps because LC has an appetite supression (for some, not all), people eat less, the body then in turn burns less. So while I agree on keeping track of calories, less is not more in some cases.

**also to add to that - look at SugarFreeSheila - she eats a LOT and still lost a lot of weight. While calorie counting isn't necessary, sometimes it is to make sure you're eating adequately.

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)

Last edited by LadyKT; 02-06-2012 at 01:02 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

ahhhh... so many different ways for so many to lose! I guess it really depends on what works for "you"!!

I just know that when I was just doing LC and not JUDDD it seemed that the JUDDD way of eating was expressed by "some" as the have your cake and EAT it too... and while I appreciate that some do add carbs back in right away, and still lose at a great rate that is not the way for me!

At first I felt like I would have to give up LC to do JUDDD, and that is just not true! The calorie cycling of JUDDD can help people lose faster paired with many different ways of eating! Like Keira's mom said... LC, VLC, Paleo, Primal.

It has truly opened my eyes to the calories I was consuming. And there is something wierd about the DD's that is very restful. Once you get the hang of it!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
I just know that when I was just doing LC and not JUDDD it seemed that the JUDDD way of eating was expressed by "some" as the have your cake and EAT it too... and while I appreciate that some do add carbs back in right away, and still lose at a great rate that is not the way for me!

At first I felt like I would have to give up LC to do JUDDD, and that is just not true! The calorie cycling of JUDDD can help people lose faster paired with many different ways of eating! Like Keira's mom said... LC, VLC, Paleo, Primal.
I agree - I'm in the same boat. I just can't do the carbs anymore! No cake for me here! Oh well!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Luca
Stats: 204/159/145
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 7/4/11
I do not think I can do Judd at this point-I am afraid to "let" myself lose the regime I have developed with LC.

That said, I feel like I am yo-yoing between 4-5 pounds lately. It stinks!

I am confused! I think I need to reduce calories but some are saying no?

I guess I have to figure what works best for me?
Luca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
I guess I have to figure what works best for me?
Exactly. Try eating more one week - see what happens. If it works, hooray! if not, try lowering and see what happens there. Something will click eventually!

Also, at least from my experience, if you're a compulsive eater, binger, had history with eating disorders, etc, then i'd be cautious about starting JUDDD. They say if you have any of these things that you shouldn't. Could trigger something not so pleasant
Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
Senior LCF member

I should clarify. The purpose of my post was to point out that many people lose on low carb because of the natural appetite suppression of ketosis.

Others, like me, never experience a signficant suppression and can still overeat.

Moreover, Dr. Eades had a blog on the most common reasons why low-carb eaters will stall, and, based on his clincal experience, he identified two main reaons--either carb creep or calorie creep--or both.

His advice (which I was trying to explain) is that before anyone jump to another plan or decide that low carb "doesn't work," the individual should track his/her eating to identify the carb/calorie level that's involved. He says that most often people are eating more than they think they are.

My own problem (which I have since learned is fairly common) is that I knew exactly what I was eating in terms of calories and carbs--but suddenly, after losing 80 lbs, I was no longer losing. That's because I didn't realize that my smaller body needed less food.

Before making any radical changes, people should check themselves to insure that a simple tweak isn't all that's needed.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

I probably could have reduced some calories to lose the rest of my weight. This way I am reducing calories... But I really feel like my metabolism has had a boost! It almost seems easier to only have to worry about calories every other day! And I think anyone interested should give it a try. I don't think it will "hurt" anything.

I thought about it for a while before doing it! I wish I would have started sooner! I'm leaving for a cruise on the 19th and for the first time in years I am EXCITED to go Swimsuit shopping!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Before making any radical changes, people should check themselves to insure that a simple tweak isn't all that's needed.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
So happy for you, Truffles, my JUDDD bud! WTG!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: breadaddict
LadyKT: It is a complete myth that someone who is not losing weight needs to increase his or her calorie intake. They either need to decrease calories or burn more calories to lose weight. This is a matter of science. Calorie cycling is another matter entirely- that could help someone break a stall. Simply increasing calorie intake completely will not.

This is in response to LadyKT, not the OP.

Last edited by breadaddict; 02-06-2012 at 11:14 PM..
breadaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

I'm not trying to argue... but I really don't think JUDDD is "radical"
Old 02-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cammie
Stats: 262 / 245 / ?
WOE: Atkins
Oddly enough I'm losing more slowly with low carb/JUDDD than I was by simply restricting my calories every day on low carb. But I'm still losing, and as my objective is to find a maintenance plan I can live with I'm okay with slower progress. Coming from morbid obesity and a lifelong weight problem my issues will be different from others... but planning and tracking calories will always be necessary for me ESPECIALLY on up days to make sure my binge tendencies don't take over. The benefit of JUDDD for me at the moment is that by "fasting" until dinner on my down days I am finally learning that I can have a "not physically hungry" feeling!! Like Leo, I never got the appetite suppression from low carb at all. It's all a learning experience, but I do know that the low carb part of my eating has to be permanent for me and I can still do that with JUDDD.
cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadaddict View Post
LadyKT: It is a complete myth that someone who is not losing weight needs to increase his or her calorie intake. They either need to decrease calories or burn more calories to lose weight. This is a matter of science. Calorie cycling is another matter entirely- that could help someone break a stall. Simply increasing calorie intake completely will not.

This is in response to LadyKT, not the OP.
No - i'm sorry but if you're eating too little, you will stall! Especially if you exercise! I'm not saying have an all out feast, but just up it a little bit. Here's a few quotes from a site I found: SugarBane's Stall and Plateau Breakers

"Don't cut your caloric intake to less than 1200 calories per day. Increase the amount of protein in your meals. Eat small to moderate amounts of cheese or nuts for snacks. Use olive or flax oil for cooking and cream or eggs to make sauces for meat and vegetables. Keep your carb level down by avoiding white flour, sugar, fruits and starchy vegetables like corn or potatoes."

and

"3. Not Eating Enough - Believe it or not, starving yourself is counterproductive to weight loss. By depriving your body of food you signal a very basic response which tells the body to conserve energy. This lowers your metabolism and increases your fat storage capacity. You will actually lose weight slower when your intake is insufficient."

and here's the overeating part - but again note the writer's suggestion:

"1. Overeating - This in my opinion is the number one cause of stalls on Low Carb. This is because most people are only counting carbs without regard for calories. Many folks consume way too many calories for their activity level and end up with either an excess (resulting in weight gain) or they are just breaking even. Some of the "Low Carb" treats and snacks on the market have considerable calories because they are also high fat. So try counting up your calories and see if you are just eating too much of a good thing.

Eat 6 to 8 Mini-Meals a day instead of 3 big meals. By Mini-meal I mean 200 calories and 3 to 5 carbs per meal. You can redistribute the carbs as you want among the mini-meals. The advantage of this method of eating is that you never get ravenous thus you don't want to binge and it helps maintain a steady insulin level which promotes appetite control instead of cravings. Your body also doesn't feel like you are starving it and thus your metabolism remains higher than it would if you skipped meals or went prolonged periods without eating. Then you do the latter, your metabolism shuts down to preserve your weight. It's a very inconvenient primal defense mechanism that evolved to prevent people from dying from starvation too quickly. "

^ that's what I mean by eat more. Also the site suggests drinking more water (diet soda and coffee can cause stalls too), exercise, getting more sleep, etc. They also suggest keeping track of what you eat to see how much you really are eating in a day. Metabolism still plays a role no matter what kind of plan you do - you have to keep that in check. Eating less than what your body requires will mess that up and it'll cause all kinds of problems in the long run.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #19
Senior LCF member

Lady KT
I don't want to appear snarky, but I've looked at the site cited here, and this is a good example of how 'myths' proliferate on the internet.

The site is providing one person's opinion. There is no scientific basis for the claims, nor does the person have any credentials that would incline me to believe this individual more than someone like Dr. Atkins or Dr. Eades (for example).

Just because someone has a website, that doesn't mean the person has any credible information.

If you use the internet for 'research,' you need to learn to evaluate the sources you choose to believe.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Lady KT
I don't want to appear snarky, but I've looked at the site cited here, and this is a good example of how 'myths' proliferate on the internet.

The site is providing one person's opinion. There is no scientific basis for the claims, nor does the person have any credentials that would incline me to believe this individual more than someone like Dr. Atkins or Dr. Eades (for example).

Just because someone has a website, that doesn't mean the person has any credible information.

If you use the internet for 'research,' you need to learn to evaluate the sources you choose to believe.
No snark taken! I'm just trying to offer suggestions to help and finding something to back myself up. I've just seen this time and time again from people on ************ - if numerous people say that upping calories a little bit helps lose weight, then why doubt it?

I'll point out that the reason why JUDDD works (for those who can do it) is because the calorie cycling is so different. It's basically a "shock" to the system. Bottom line is, if someone's stalled, they need a "shock". But, it's as the old addage goes: YMMV! No one really knows what works until they try something different.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:26 AM   #21
Senior LCF member

Actually, JUDDD works for me because it helps me keep my calories as low as I need to lose and maintain.

First, let me explain, that I am not 'typical.' I am post-menopausal and hypothyroid, along with what my endo calls a "genetically slow metabolism."

When I first tried to lose at 300+ lbs, my doctor sent me to a nutritionist who insisted that I should eat no less than 1800 cal a day. At that level, I gained, so I ignored her and began at about 1400. That, too, was high for me, and I was not losing. I needed to go down to 1200. Even then, I was losing slowly.

After I'd lost about 80 lbs, I stalled for quite some time before I realized that I needed to go even lower. (My endo confirmed that about 1,000 cal was right for me, and he mentioned that he had patients who could not lose eating more than 750 cal because of metabolic dysfunctions!).

Trying to eat only 1000 cal on a daily basis was much too frustrating, and I've overeat at least once a week. Then I discovered JUDDD. By cycling, I could have relatively 'normal' days and avoid that 'burn out' (which Dr. J says is the benefit of this plan). I lost eating basically 400/1400 cal--losing just about a pound a week.

I eat very low carb, and I would actually prefer to eat at the same level daily, but cycling calories is the best way for me to stay as low as I need to in order to maintain. Because the fact that very few recognize is that once one gets to goal, eating at basically the same level is the only way to maintain.

I explain this all because I see people on LCF looking for the 'perfect' plan that will enable them to lose quickly, and they go from plan to plan. But the 'perfect' plan is the one that works for you with your unique needs.

For example, the major reason I eat low carb is because I'm extremely sensitive to carbs--my CCL is only about 25g a day. Fortunately, eating very low carb seems to agree with my body, since my lab tests are always excellent, and at age 70, the only Rx I take are my thyroid hormones.

IMO, understanding yourself and your unique needs is the key to effective weight management.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
WAY TO GO, TRUFFLES!!!!

piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Thekings123
Stats: 250
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 22, 2012
Quote:
Actually, JUDDD works for me because it helps me keep my calories as low as I need to lose and maintain.

First, let me explain, that I am not 'typical.' I am post-menopausal and hypothyroid, along with what my endo calls a "genetically slow metabolism."

When I first tried to lose at 300+ lbs, my doctor sent me to a nutritionist who insisted that I should eat no less than 1800 cal a day. At that level, I gained, so I ignored her and began at about 1400. That, too, was high for me, and I was not losing. I needed to go down to 1200. Even then, I was losing slowly.

After I'd lost about 80 lbs, I stalled for quite some time before I realized that I needed to go even lower. (My endo confirmed that about 1,000 cal was right for me, and he mentioned that he had patients who could not lose eating more than 750 cal because of metabolic dysfunctions!).

Trying to eat only 1000 cal on a daily basis was much too frustrating, and I've overeat at least once a week. Then I discovered JUDDD. By cycling, I could have relatively 'normal' days and avoid that 'burn out' (which Dr. J says is the benefit of this plan). I lost eating basically 400/1400 cal--losing just about a pound a week.

I eat very low carb, and I would actually prefer to eat at the same level daily, but cycling calories is the best way for me to stay as low as I need to in order to maintain. Because the fact that very few recognize is that once one gets to goal, eating at basically the same level is the only way to maintain.

I explain this all because I see people on LCF looking for the 'perfect' plan that will enable them to lose quickly, and they go from plan to plan. But the 'perfect' plan is the one that works for you with your unique needs.

For example, the major reason I eat low carb is because I'm extremely sensitive to carbs--my CCL is only about 25g a day. Fortunately, eating very low carb seems to agree with my body, since my lab tests are always excellent, and at age 70, the only Rx I take are my thyroid hormones.

IMO, understanding yourself and your unique needs is the key to effective weight management.
I love reading what everyone writes. Thank you all so much. I too have hypothyroid, which I take medication for. I'am peri- menopausal and have relatively no metabolism. I feel 100% better doing LC. No aches, no pains and I havent felt this great in years. Now that being said, I do believe I have a tendency to eat too many calories on LC, from fat. I think upping my protein instead of the fat would help me. We all need to find the method that works for our individual bodies, without starving ourselves.

Hugs to all
Thekings123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Im really excited about the scale today! 136.5!! After a few month stall to be losing so quiclky is amazing!! Hope to see more LC friends over doing JUDDDwith us too!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: txcharisma
Stats: (5'3'') 240lb, sz. 20-22/158lb, sz.12/120lb, sz 6
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 2010, Restart July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post

Also, at least from my experience, if you're a compulsive eater, binger, had history with eating disorders, etc, then i'd be cautious about starting JUDDD. They say if you have any of these things that you shouldn't. Could trigger something not so pleasant
I second this LadyKT. I looked into JUDDD at one point in terms of considering it for long term maintanence-- but given my own personal ED issues, I think I've decided there is too much risk of relapse into trying something like JUDDD, unless it is done under supervision (yes, I need accountability!).

I'm so glad to read how well it works for so many though!!
txcharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
subscribing!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #27
Senior LCF member

Originally Posted by LadyKT

Yes, the doctor who developed JUDDD, Dr. Johnson, specifically mentions this in his book on the plan. He advises that no one with any history of disordered eating should do a program like this because it is likely to trigger disordered eating.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Leo, thank you for the information that I can not give. When I started Low Carb I bought the book and read it cover to cover before I started! I didn't so much as give a lot of thought to JUDDD just decided to do it on a whim!

I am ordering the book and will be reading it soon!

Thanks for filling in the gaps for me!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Exactly. Try eating more one week - see what happens. If it works, hooray! if not, try lowering and see what happens there. Something will click eventually!

This is true...you should be cautious when you have an ED...when starting any kind of diet.

I have suffered with an ED since I was 18...periods of starvation dieting, slimming clubs, and bulimia. For me, any diet that told me what I could and couldnt eat worked beautifully for a while...but always ended in binging when the lure of forbidden foods got too much...then purging out of guilt and fear of weight gain. I would restrict for a while and lose, eat what I wanted and gain...then the bulimia would start....until I began another restricting diet.

I found L/C a year ago, and it held the binging/purging at bay for some months...but I lost nothing...and I was beginning to feel the lure of the forbidden foods creeping up on me again.

I very cautiously tried juddd....adding carbs in slowly...and have lost my extra weight at a steady pace.

I accept that I will never have a "normal" attitude to eating, but for me juddd works on all levels.
I am restricted one day, relaxed the next...so there are no long periods of restriction, which lead to binging.
I can eat what I want for just the next day...so there are no long periods of runaway eating...which always led to bulimia.

My eating behaviour has always been all or nothing....and juddd satisfies both sides of my behaviour....while providing the proven benefits of IF, maintaining my goal weight....and freeing me from bulimia.

ED's are very varied, and complicated, and what has worked for me may not work for everyone. My way of eating isnt perfect, but I am healthy, and free from the awful, life threatening disease of bulimia, and I feel very blessed to have found juddd!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
Wow, Jo!!! I'm so glad you found JUDDD and that is working for you!! The other is so scary! Stay strong!!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote