Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
What is the # of lbs lost per week on average?

Hey I'm wondering what is the average number of pounds per week I should expect to lose on induction, after the first two weeks. I do hiit three times a week for exercise. I'm losing an average of 1 1/2 lbs per week. Also, what is it that brings on a whoosh? Does it just happen or is there something that you do to bring a whoosh on? I know every expert says 1to2 lbs per week loss is healthy, it just seems like its really slow going and sometimes makes me feel like it will take forever to reach my goal. Please share what keeps you motivated week after week. Thanks!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: inextricable
Stats: 152/143/125
WOE: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet
Start Date: January 2012
I am losing an average of 0,5 lb a week. I'm also 5ft tall and started my diet only three weeks ago. The first week I lost a lot, and then I stalled, lost again and now I stalled. I think it's just a matter of hanging in there and not expecting things to go really really fast.

What keeps me motivated is to see what I have lost already. Also, I don't think I will ever up my carb again like I used to, since I feel much better without all those sugars.
inextricable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: silasgreenback
Stats: 6' 5" - 249/201/200
WOE: LC, mainly VLC.
Start Date: Sept 2011
2-3lbs per week, on 20-40g of carbs per day for five months. Total loss nearing 50lbs.

John.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
I think it is going to be different for every single person..sooo many variables...underlying medical conditions, amount of weight to lose when starting, number of carbs a person is eating per day and how long they stay on induction...the list could go on and on.
That is why a lot of people answer questions people have with YMMV...what makes some lose faster stalls others.
So what is an average for one individual could cause another to think they were doing something incredible wrong if they are not losing as fast.

As for wooshes...I think it is individual also some say they can tell when one is coming and others say they got a visit from the Woosh Fairy which leads me to believe they just happen when they happen...lol

Being fat is Hard...Dieting is Hard... Pick your hard

Live, Laugh, Love and...LEARN from mistakes

65 pounds lost so far and not looking back

Last edited by lterry913; 02-02-2012 at 06:59 AM..
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Congrats John on losing 50lbs you should be so proud! Is it common for someone to have a difference like you of something like 20-40 carbs a day? Or do most just keep it under x amount of carbs per day? Your way seems much less strict and much more sane and relaxed, I would be happier your way when I'm closer to my goal. Also John, you are just that much closer to that bikini lol.
As for the whoosh fairy, maybe if I put a Hershey kiss under my pillow for her she will reward my willpower and grand me a whoosh. A girl can dream. Please keep sharing your motivations they help a lot thanks!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Congrats John on losing 50lbs you should be so proud! Is it common for someone to have a difference like you of something like 20-40 carbs a day? Or do most just keep it under x amount of carbs per day? Your way seems much less strict and much more sane and relaxed, I would be happier your way when I'm closer to my goal. Also John, you are just that much closer to that bikini lol.
As for the whoosh fairy, maybe if I put a Hershey kiss under my pillow for her she will reward my willpower and grand me a whoosh. A girl can dream. Please keep sharing your motivations they help a lot thanks!

I aimed for 20g but regularly missed (it's stunningly easy to go over). But I found that it didn't hold up the weight loss, so I have a hard limit of 40g.
I tend to have a few foods which are 15-20g of carbs, I usually go over my 20g limit when I eat two of these foods in a day. Typically I tend to have a close to zero carb breakfast (bacon & egg) and then my other meal contains some carbs.

I also exercise a fair bit (running 6+ miles 3 times a week, 2 games of squash). So if I am a bit carb heavy then the exercise get's me down to a glycogen depleted state pretty quickly.

John.

Last edited by silasgreenback; 02-02-2012 at 12:28 PM..
Old 02-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I should also note, I've never counted nett carbs (carbs less fibre). I always just use the headline number. Taking that into consideration I guess some of +20 days could scrape under if I was counting nett.

I try not to get to anal about the whole thing. I'm losing, exercising and the diet is ridiculously easy (to the point where maintenance is causing me a little concern as I think I would prefer to stay VLC).

John.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
By *weight loss*, I assume you are really meaning FAT loss as opposed to merely water weight loss.

When you first go onto a very low carb diet plan, you almost always will lose many pounds in the first week or two! Big losses and fast! Thrilling! Except that very little of it is fat. It's almost all just jettisoned water weight, peed out, as you depleted your natural glycogen stores, etc.

After that, you get into the drudge part of weight loss, slogging along week after week, and hope to average a couple of pounds a week. Some do. Many don't. Some start out OK and then stop losing so fast. That's just the nature of the beast sometimes.

And a lot of it depends on the diet plan that you do. I'd say a lot of it depends on the diet plan that you do.

And on you. Do you overeat carbs? Do you overeat calories? Do you overeat? Do you exercise? Are you building muscle and gaining muscle weight? Do you retain water weight a couple of times each month during your cycle?

The scale can only tell you a small part of what is really going on within you. So make sure you take your tape measurements too. Often the scale won't be showing you much, and you're likely to be discouraged by that... until you take new measurements and can see that your body is reshaping itself and becoming slimmer and trimmer! Yay!

Just remember, you are going to eat every day for the rest of your life. The food you put into your mouth, plateful after plateful over the years is going to count for something. Make it count for a healthy and slim you, not an overweight you in declining health! If you're going to be eating anyway, make it a delightful experience that is taking you where you want to be as you enjoy it all.