LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Beezer Louisiana
Stats: 192.2/160/160 (5'6")
WOE: Very low carb, no frankenfoods. NK
Start Date: June 21, 2010
Low Carb at Disney World?

I am planning a trip there and now I'm worried about what I'll eat. None of the on-site hotel rooms have a microwave or kitchen, only a mini-fridge. Who has gone to Disney World for 5 days an what did you eat???

(I'm super-strict LC and will actually get VERY SICK if I eat off-plan foods. So I'm worried.) I'm looking at the meal plans. It looks like ALL of the snacks on the meal plan are carbs.

Will I be able to eat at the quick-service places and actually be full? (I'm worried that all that will be available to me there will be one dry (probably highly processed with fillers) meat patty.

Will I have to plan on doing sit-down meals three times a day? ($$$$)

Thanks for your responses.

"The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending that I'm not excited."
Beezer Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DXcoupe20
Stats: 320/250/199, 5'10ft
WOE: keto, induction
Idk about sit down meals but i love the turkey legs..
DXcoupe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXcoupe20 View Post
Idk about sit down meals but i love the turkey legs..
Oh, there's turkey legs available at carts?

(It's been over 10 yrs. since I've been.)
Old 01-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RDBhan
Stats: (198) 190/155 5'10"
WOE: Protein Power; Maintenance since 8/11
Start Date: June 2002, refocus 1/2011
Subscribing. We're going soon as well.
RDBhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zogo
Stats: 193/159/145
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 6/20/11
You will definitely be able to find low carb options. I remember some very good salads (beef and blue cheese maybe?) You could also do a taco salad w/o eating the bowl.
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
KOO
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer Louisiana View Post
I am planning a trip there and now I'm worried about what I'll eat. None of the on-site hotel rooms have a microwave or kitchen, only a mini-fridge. Who has gone to Disney World for 5 days an what did you eat???

(I'm super-strict LC and will actually get VERY SICK if I eat off-plan foods. So I'm worried.) I'm looking at the meal plans. It looks like ALL of the snacks on the meal plan are carbs.

Will I be able to eat at the quick-service places and actually be full? (I'm worried that all that will be available to me there will be one dry (probably highly processed with fillers) meat patty.

We are going back during Mardi Gras, if I get the reservations set up. The best place I liked to eat lunch was in Magic Kingdom that had the fried fish filets. I'd take the batter off and eat that. The turkey legs are good but not my sort of thing. Generally we leave and go to the part in the early morning, then go offgrounds and eat at Bob Evans (since you know here in LA we don't have one), Redlobster, or TGIF.

I could have sworn we had a microwave when we stayed in the Corando (sp), but its been so long since then. My son just told me recently that the Pop Century (and I think the other value resorts) have added the refrigerator to their rooms. This is going to be either I think our 9th or 10th time going and have never had the fridge in the Pop Century or All Star Resorts.

HCGR1...154/154/136(70 day round) P3.. 142
HCGR2...142/145/135(28 day round) P3...139
HCGR3...139/146/138(28 day round) P3...139
HCGR4.142.5/144/134(37 day round)P3...134
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Porky Pine
Stats: 315/210/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 2011
At Magic Kingdom there are a couple cs places that would be good. Pecos Bill's has double cheeseburgers you could get without bun and taco salad, not eating the shell. The taco meat might have some carbs in it. Pecos Bill's also has a fillings bar that has lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, even grilled onions! You can put as much of these on your plate and go back if you wish.

Another good cs at MK is in tomorrowland, Cosmic Rays. It has rotisserie chicken and different options. This place also has an unlimited fixings bar.

There are not a lot of good cs places at MGM Studios, but the pizza planet does have salads and some of the others has burgers you could order.

At Epcot, Sunshine Seasons is an awesome counter service. They have a variety of salads and fresh foods.

Downtown Disney has Wolfgang Puck's Express that you can use a cs credit for. It has a great cobb salad.

As for snacks, you can get the small bags of nuts as a credit. I have gotten them at the hotel's stores. There are also places at the different parks that sell whole fruits if that is on your plan. You can also get a big dill pickle, usually by the fruits, for your snack credit.

If you decide on sit down restaurants, I would recommend those with buffets. Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom has many choices at their buffet.

If you want some more specifics or options, I would be happy to give them. I have been to Disneyworld several times. What parks do you plan to visit and where are you staying?
Porky Pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RDBhan
Stats: (198) 190/155 5'10"
WOE: Protein Power; Maintenance since 8/11
Start Date: June 2002, refocus 1/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
At Magic Kingdom there are a couple cs places that would be good. Pecos Bill's has double cheeseburgers you could get without bun and taco salad, not eating the shell. The taco meat might have some carbs in it. Pecos Bill's also has a fillings bar that has lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, even grilled onions! You can put as much of these on your plate and go back if you wish.

Another good cs at MK is in tomorrowland, Cosmic Rays. It has rotisserie chicken and different options. This place also has an unlimited fixings bar.

There are not a lot of good cs places at MGM Studios, but the pizza planet does have salads and some of the others has burgers you could order.

At Epcot, Sunshine Seasons is an awesome counter service. They have a variety of salads and fresh foods.

Downtown Disney has Wolfgang Puck's Express that you can use a cs credit for. It has a great cobb salad.

As for snacks, you can get the small bags of nuts as a credit. I have gotten them at the hotel's stores. There are also places at the different parks that sell whole fruits if that is on your plan. You can also get a big dill pickle, usually by the fruits, for your snack credit.

If you decide on sit down restaurants, I would recommend those with buffets. Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom has many choices at their buffet.

If you want some more specifics or options, I would be happy to give them. I have been to Disneyworld several times. What parks do you plan to visit and where are you staying?

Thanks!
RDBhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
I love Disney World! You should definitely be fine there, although I know in some cases it's hard to spend $9 on a combo meal from which you toss the bun and fries.

Have you Googled Disney menus? You'll find GREAT resources that list the food in each restaurant--table and counter service--and they are spot on. I even got an app for my phone last time and was able to check while we were in the parks. I'm not sure of the link posting rules here or I'd share, but you will definitely find them easily on Google.

I was going to say everything about Pecos Bill that Porky Pine did. A few weeks ago I had the taco salad without the shell and even though the meat did have seasonings, it didn't affect me. They have the best toppings bar!

Lots of rotisserie chicken as mentioned above. Another place that has it is Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom.

Turkey Leg carts are in each park. I don't care for them but others swear by them. I've heard some say there is a significant carb count in them but I can tell you I searched these boards for "disney" before going last time and no one seemed to have an issue with them.

Do you know what I did when I was there a few weeks ago? I took a couple of the small peanut butter packs from the hotel's quick service restaurant area. I should have planned ahead and brought my own, but instead I looked up the nutrition info on my phone and grabbed a few to take to the parks. Also, because we were in a hotel that also has a Disney Vacation Club property, the hotel gift shop had a larger refrigerated food area. I bought a pack of ham and some cheese sticks to stash in the room.

I love the steak and blue cheese salad at the Sci Fi in Hollywood Studios.

Have a blast!

Last edited by mttemple4; 01-04-2012 at 11:40 AM..
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

How could I forget my favorite Disney snack of all? The fabulous cold pickles in kiosks throughout the parks. Look for the carts that have loads of ice-filled buckets with fruit and you'll find the pickles. Heaven!

Animal Kingdom was the only park with no pickles, but instead we found a cheese and nut tray replete with Babybel. It had grapes that I passed on to DH and DD.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: silasgreenback
Stats: 6' 5" - 249/201/200
WOE: LC, mainly VLC.
Start Date: Sept 2011
Low carb at Disney?

Easy, you have a choice of mouse, duck, elephant or deer.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post

We will do Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I am looking at Disney's Carribian Beach Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, or the Contemporary Resort.

I'm thinking we'd eat a lot of eggs and bacon at the hotel before going to the park, then maybe have something like a turkey leg or hamburger patty to hold me until dinner, then a sit-down dinner at one of the restaurants where I know I can get MEAT. I'm not a salad gal. I need meat and fat. (And HWC! )
Old 01-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
Low carb at Disney?

Easy, you have a choice of mouse, duck, elephant or deer.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post
How could I forget my favorite Disney snack of all? The fabulous cold pickles in kiosks throughout the parks. Look for the carts that have loads of ice-filled buckets with fruit and you'll find the pickles. Heaven!

Animal Kingdom was the only park with no pickles, but instead we found a cheese and nut tray replete with Babybel. It had grapes that I passed on to DH and DD.
Cheese and nuts sound good. I'm afraid a pickle by itself won't fill me up. (I know I'm going to worry myself over having 'enough food' until we get there and I see that I can actually EAT. )
Old 01-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I love Disney World! You should definitely be fine there, although I know in some cases it's hard to spend $9 on a combo meal from which you toss the bun and fries.

Have you Googled Disney menus? You'll find GREAT resources that list the food in each restaurant--table and counter service--and they are spot on. I even got an app for my phone last time and was able to check while we were in the parks. I'm not sure of the link posting rules here or I'd share, but you will definitely find them easily on Google.

I was going to say everything about Pecos Bill that Porky Pine did. A few weeks ago I had the taco salad without the shell and even though the meat did have seasonings, it didn't affect me. They have the best toppings bar!

Lots of rotisserie chicken as mentioned above. Another place that has it is Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom.

Turkey Leg carts are in each park. I don't care for them but others swear by them. I've heard some say there is a significant carb count in them but I can tell you I searched these boards for "disney" before going last time and no one seemed to have an issue with them.

Do you know what I did when I was there a few weeks ago? I took a couple of the small peanut butter packs from the hotel's quick service restaurant area. I should have planned ahead and brought my own, but instead I looked up the nutrition info on my phone and grabbed a few to take to the parks. Also, because we were in a hotel that also has a Disney Vacation Club property, the hotel gift shop had a larger refrigerated food area. I bought a pack of ham and some cheese sticks to stash in the room.
I love the steak and blue cheese salad at the Sci Fi in Hollywood Studios.

Have a blast!
This is good to know!

I don't eat cold-cuts but I'll have to make an exception if it's what I can get my hands on. Cheese is good. (Note to self: bring extra magnesium supplements!)

SOme things just set my stomach off, now that I'm so LC. (It will be 2 yrs. in June.) It puts me in bed, it's so bad. So it's more a case of 'I don't want to be SICK' rather than I'm afraid I'll go off plan.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOO View Post
We are going back during Mardi Gras, if I get the reservations set up. The best place I liked to eat lunch was in Magic Kingdom that had the fried fish filets. I'd take the batter off and eat that. The turkey legs are good but not my sort of thing. Generally we leave and go to the part in the early morning, then go offgrounds and eat at Bob Evans (since you know here in LA we don't have one), Redlobster, or TGIF.

I could have sworn we had a microwave when we stayed in the Corando (sp), but its been so long since then. My son just told me recently that the Pop Century (and I think the other value resorts) have added the refrigerator to their rooms. This is going to be either I think our 9th or 10th time going and have never had the fridge in the Pop Century or All Star Resorts.
We are going before you, so I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

LOL at the extra magnesium!

I've stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary (well, Bay Lake Tower) from those you listed. At those two you would have the expanded grocery section in the gift shop. It is 95% carbs like everything, though. The ham was nitrate free. I also highly recommend the Wilderness Lodge, which costs the same as the Animal Kingdom Lodge and is much better located for the parks you want to visit. Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite moderate.

I totally understand! Who wants to feel badly on vacation? The menus online will help so much, as will the WDW Dining/Menus app. When you're in the park you can even hit "near me" and it will show you all of the food nearby.

As for pickles . . . I agree they are not filling, but they definitely made me feel like I had someone when everyone else was eating a churro.

I had no trouble ordering just eggs and bacon in the morning and having them hold the biscuit and potatoes.

Last edited by mttemple4; 01-04-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LOL at the extra magnesium!

I've stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary (well, Bay Lake Tower) from those you listed. At those two you would have the expanded grocery section in the gift shop. It is 95% carbs like everything, though. The ham was nitrate free. I also highly recommend the Wilderness Lodge, which costs the same as the Animal Kingdom Lodge and is much better located for the parks you want to visit. Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite moderate.

I totally understand! Who wants to feel badly on vacation? The menus online will help so much, as will the WDW Dining/Menus app. When you're in the park you can even hit "near me" and it will show you all of the food nearby.

As for pickles . . . I agree they are not filling, but they definitely made me feel like I had someone when everyone else was eating a churro.

I had no trouble ordering just eggs and bacon in the morning and having them hold the biscuit and potatoes.
Thanks! I'll check out the Wilderness Lodge and the online menus.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
We just got back from a couple weeks at WDW and I managed to eat low carb. I was in a better situation because we stayed at the Fort Wilderness campground so I had my own kitchen for breakfasts. But there are definitely things you can eat, and places to avoid. At the MK, my favorite counter service place is Pecos Bill's. Order a cheeseburger, remove the bun, and go nuts in their condiment area, which is filled with lettuce, tomato, sauteed mushrooms and onions. I made DH, who was ordering for all of us, request an extra plate so that I could deconstruct my burger. They used to have a double cheeseburger and i'd just take DH's 2nd burger, but I didn't see it on the menu this time. I've also gotten salad at Columbia Harbour House. At Epcot, you can get mahi mahi at Sunshine Seasons (also counter service). Just skip the potatoes and whatever other junk comes with it. Animal Kingdom was tough for me - the family ate at Flame Tree Barbecue and I couldn't find anything there I wanted so I just whipped out my trusty homemade turkey jerky and some almonds. At Hollywood Studios I had counter service at ABC Commissary (got a chicken breast sandwich and removed the bun), and table service at 50's Prime Time Diner (I had salmon and it was delicious). We did a couple buffets at the resorts. I was able to find low carb options (sliced beef and salmon) at Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge), and had shrimp, crabmeat, salad and a delicious cabbage dish at Cape May Cafe (Beach Club). There was no unbreaded fish at the Cape May buffet, but the chef made me an unbreaded filet (I think it was corvina) that was fabulous. Anyway, it is definitely do-able. You may have to skip the sides that come with your meals and avoid goodies at the buffets, but at MOST, but not all, WDW restaurants you will find something you can eat. And at the table service restaurants I've found them to be fairly accommodating, so if you don't see something on the menu you can eat, ask if they can make you something else. You can find menus at allears.net.

Enjoy your trip!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
We just got back from a couple weeks at WDW and I managed to eat low carb. I was in a better situation because we stayed at the Fort Wilderness campground so I had my own kitchen for breakfasts. But there are definitely things you can eat, and places to avoid. At the MK, my favorite counter service place is Pecos Bill's. Order a cheeseburger, remove the bun, and go nuts in their condiment area, which is filled with lettuce, tomato, sauteed mushrooms and onions. I made DH, who was ordering for all of us, request an extra plate so that I could deconstruct my burger. They used to have a double cheeseburger and i'd just take DH's 2nd burger, but I didn't see it on the menu this time. I've also gotten salad at Columbia Harbour House. At Epcot, you can get mahi mahi at Sunshine Seasons (also counter service). Just skip the potatoes and whatever other junk comes with it. Animal Kingdom was tough for me - the family ate at Flame Tree Barbecue and I couldn't find anything there I wanted so I just whipped out my trusty homemade turkey jerky and some almonds. At Hollywood Studios I had counter service at ABC Commissary (got a chicken breast sandwich and removed the bun), and table service at 50's Prime Time Diner (I had salmon and it was delicious). We did a couple buffets at the resorts. I was able to find low carb options (sliced beef and salmon) at Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge), and had shrimp, crabmeat, salad and a delicious cabbage dish at Cape May Cafe (Beach Club). There was no unbreaded fish at the Cape May buffet, but the chef made me an unbreaded filet (I think it was corvina) that was fabulous. Anyway, it is definitely do-able. You may have to skip the sides that come with your meals and avoid goodies at the buffets, but at MOST, but not all, WDW restaurants you will find something you can eat. And at the table service restaurants I've found them to be fairly accommodating, so if you don't see something on the menu you can eat, ask if they can make you something else. You can find menus at allears.net.

Enjoy your trip!
Thanks so much! That makes me feel a lot better.

I'll have to check out Fort Wilderness campground. We've got a tent that sleeps four. Are there showers? Hmmmm.

Oooo! I just looked and there are cabins with full kitchens! Now I have to price them.

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 01-04-2012 at 03:03 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: backspace1
Stats: 161 /156 /144 - 5' 6"
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 2014
Quote:

Try this site for info. They have all the menus and prices. Good luck. It's always been too hard for me to stick to plan when we vacation. I have to have my treats.
AllEars.Net - The Unofficial Disney Vacation Planning Guide - Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line

backspace
backspace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Fort Wilderness cabins have full kitchens! I may just go that route and know that I can make my own eggs and bacon for breakfast every morning, and my beloved MIMs!!! (I love my pumpkin MIMs!)

That way I could make MIM's to bring into the park for snacks. (They don't go through your purse, do they? Would they care if I had food?)

I would feel better if I had my own 'clean' food to make it through the day.

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 01-04-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The Fort Wilderness cabins have full kitchens! I may just go that route and know that I can make my own eggs and bacon for breakfast every morning, and my beloved MIMs!!! (I love my pumpkin MIMs!)

I would feel better if we had our own 'clean' food.
The villa's also have a full kitchen and it's much easier to get to the parks from most of them. The campground is lovely, but also very large and spread out. Transportation can be time consuming at Disney so location is a big consideration for many. WDW is huge.
Epcot is our favorite, so we stay at the Epcot resorts and we walk to 2 different parks. When we bring our granddaughter, we will most likely stay at the Bay Lake Towers so we can walk to MK and monorail to Epcot.
hth
backspace
Old 01-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspace1 View Post
The villa's also have a full kitchen and it's much easier to get to the parks from most of them. The campground is lovely, but also very large and spread out. Transportation can be time consuming at Disney so location is a big consideration for many. WDW is huge.
Epcot is our favorite, so we stay at the Epcot resorts and we walk to 2 different parks. When we bring our granddaughter, we will most likely stay at the Bay Lake Towers so we can walk to MK and monorail to Epcot.
hth
backspace
The Villa adds about $700 to our package. What do they mean by 'mini-kitchen'?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Not sure. The villa studios have a kitchenette and the one bedroom has a full kitchen, it's just smaller than what you would have in your house. So maybe they call it a mini kitchen?
Here's a link to some photos of the kitchen in the one bedroom. The one bedroom also has a washer dryer.
http://allears.net/acc/bcv081br4.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/bcv081br7.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/bcv081br8.jpg
Old 01-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chelveston
WOE: whole foods
Start Date: restart Jan '09
I was able to do Boma in the Animal Kingdom lodge low carb. I wasn't terribly strict then and it's been a while. You might want to go to disboards and ask someone should have excellent answers for you there.
Chelveston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Studio villas have a micro and fridge. One bedroom + villas have a micro, fridge, & stovetop. The stovetop is the difference.

I have a studio at Beach Club Villas for June and have been psyching myself up to microwave my eggs. We usually have a one bedroom and I cook them on the stove.

It is absolutely fine to bring food into the parks. Not against any rules at all and folks bring full coolers and such. It is not the movies, thank goodness!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=mttemple4;15298628]Studio villas have a micro and fridge. One bedroom + villas have a micro, fridge, & stovetop. The stovetop is the difference.

I have a studio at Beach Club Villas for June and have been psyching myself up to microwave my eggs. We usually have a one bedroom and I cook them on the stove.

It is absolutely fine to bring food into the parks. Not against any rules at all and folks bring full coolers and such. It is not the movies, thank goodness![/QUOTE]

Yay!!!

My dh wants to use his travel points to stay at a Holiday Inn off-site. It's a 'villa' and has a full kitchen. It would be FREE. So then we're just looking at the cost of the tickets and parking each day. It makes me feel a little better because I can actually cook and bring MIMs into the park.

I'm thinking I can bring my favorite crock pot (because it switches to WARM when it's done cooking for the time I set, so it doesn't over-cook and then it keeps the food warm) put some chicken and sausage in it in the morning and come back to the room at night with some hot foot waiting on us.

Now, all I have to do is rein in my dh. Now he wants to visit 5 parks in 5 days without park-hoppers, and I'm strongly discouraging that! I don't want to be run ragged with the thought, "We have to leave early and stay late because we only have ONE DAY in each park." That's no fun. I'd rather cut out a park (Animal Kingdom) so we can do Disney, Epcot, Universal and MGM in five days. We are going to be tired. I want it to be fun, not work. KWIM? (I'd almost like to cut out either Universal or MGM and just do three parks in 5 days, so we can leisurely stroll and not run from place to place.)

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 01-04-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
IF I were going to cut out one,for me it would be Universal.I HATED that place.It was so dumb,to me.The rides were hoakey and for kids.This is just me.In NO way am I speaking for anyone else. JMO.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
IF I were going to cut out one,for me it would be Universal.I HATED that place.It was so dumb,to me.The rides were hoakey and for kids.This is just me.In NO way am I speaking for anyone else. JMO.
I was wondering which one should be cut. Aminal Kingdom doesn't look like a 'whole day' park to me. It was 10 years ago when we went, and I think we just spent four hours there. Maybe it's different now.

My other concern is not wanting to do rides that get us all wet. I've never understood the concept, who wants to be walking around drenched in wet clothes?! (A very light sprinkle is okay -- but VERY light. Drenched is NOT.) Some of those rides look really good, but the end shows people crashing down into water that sprays up on both sides. I will NOT be happy with wet clothes. (Just call me grumpy.) Even in really warm weather I won't do the 'get you drenched' rides. I've never understood the fun in that, it's not a water park.

My boys are 12 and 15, so we won't be doing the really 'little kid' rides either. (Okay, we'll have to do the 'It's a Small World' ride in Disney, it's a tradition to have the song running through your head the rest of the day. LOL!)

So -- what does everyone else think? If you were going to cut one (or two) of the following parks out, which one(s) would it be? And how wet do you get on some of those rides that include water?

Animal Kingdom
Universal
MGM

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 01-05-2012 at 06:35 AM..