Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
My Journey Through WW, South Beach, LC, VLC, and JUDDD (long story)

I wanted to give all those who may be interested in my struggles and victories a look at how I achieved a 27 pound loss since Jan 1, 2010. I will tell you my story BUT I will also ask you to PLEASE remember this: I am NOT bashing any WOE. I am just telling you MY experiences, how I felt and what happened to me in my journey to losing weight and feeling great. Please don't flame me if what I say does NOT agree with you or your WOE. I am writing this thread because I just may be of help to anyone who is struggling like I was and looking for someone's experience that could help them find a solution to their struggles. My WOE is MY WOE and what works for ME and in NO way do I suggest anyone should do what I am doing and what is working for ME. BUT I will share my experiences with ALL in hopes to help, if I can. I thank you in advance for the respect you will give me in telling my story.

I know for some this 27 pound loss is just a small bit of weight to lose and others have came here to tell us of their weight loss in 50, 100 and sometimes 150 + pounds. For me the 27 pound loss was like losing as much as someone who had a whole lot more to lose because I was never a person who EVER had a weight problem. Even after having both my kids I went right back down to my high school weight of 115/120. At 5' 5 1/2 that is pretty thin, and even considered skinning by some.

Going back 10 years ago and an unhappy marriage plus facing "empty nest" with someone (DH) I had nothing in common with anymore made my eating habits became terrible. I had no passion for food, never mind cooking. Packaged, quick foods for dinner, grab and go fast food during the day, and no exercise put on the pounds quickly and it just kept on going. The thought of ME being on a diet was just not something I could fathom. After all I was always skinning. The most I had ever weighed was 138 pounds right after the birth of my youngest child and that came off in record time getting me back to my 115/120 "Linda" weight. I didn't even know HOW to diet. I always could eat what I wanted, in any amounts and never gained weight.

Now here I was getting older, over weight, upset and not knowing what to do. I tried WW and even though I loved the simplicity of it (points were easy to figure out) I was ALWAYS hungry. I love to snack and always have, but even eating my beloved fruit as a snack there just wasn't enough points, at the time I was doing WW, in the day to satisfy me. But I pushed on, convinced myself this was a way of life (the hunger) and lost a bunch weight and got down to 128 pounds! I was so happy, but yet so unhappy! I got to a point where I saved all my points for the evening when I could finally relax and enjoy my food. But those points were for snacking and that is what I did. Empty calories wasted on foods that were tasteless, with yucky nutritional values. It went on like this until one day I just gave up. I needed more food! So I ate.

Me at 168 and 165

My weight ballooned to 168 pounds, unheard of for this "skinny" lady. I wanted to cry! I also was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and was in continual pain all the time. Would I have to go back to WW again and be hungry all the time? And what about this pain? What could I do for this besides being drugged up all the time? I didn't know what to do until a friend of mine told me she was doing South Beach and was losing weight, plus she found it very easy. Well, I was game! Anything to get this weight off. The thing I liked about South Beach was after the induction 2 weeks I could have my fruit again, and whole grains, which I loved. Plus eating fat free and low fat food was easy for me because of doing WW. I gave it a try.

I LOVED South Beach and I lost some weight, BUT it was not a "controlled" WOE for me and I lost control quickly by eating too much and I stopped losing weight. Plus, I was still in pain and not knowing what to do. Actually the only time I had started to feel better was when I cut out the sugar the first 2 weeks of South Beach. It was much later that I would remember this and put 2 + 2 together and realize that sugar (but not natural sugar from fruits) was my enemy and I needed to get rid of it. Continuing on South Beach I wasn't losing but I wasn't gaining either and was still a ways from that "skinny" lady I thought I should be. I ate the South Beach WOE for about 2 years, maintaining my weight, and then slipped back into what I called my "junky" WOE again. No control, no good veggies/fruits anymore, just grab and go, or easy food. Plus, I was so depressed from my kids growing up and my marriage falling apart that I just ate to fill in the lonely times. Cupcakes, donuts, potato chips, etc. because the "love" I was losing from my marriage and the children that going on their own and didn't need their mother 24/7 anymore needed to be replaced with something, thus I ate. I was a mess!

Then I found LCFs, came on the boards and started to read about a LC WOE that was more structured then the South Beach Lower Carb WOE. I bought the Atkin's book and I read. It all made sense, plus it was very similar to South Beach, I just needed to give up the fruits, grains, veggies for a bit and then add them back in, as per Dr. A's book, and I would be set!! I could do this, I thought, and so I did. 2006 found me doing a LC WOE and liking it. I got to eat all the good fats I wanted, plus cheese, butter and wonderful sauces, and lots of full fat foods made the LC way! I was in heaven and I was losing weight at a great speed (at least for me)! I lost 25 pounds in about 10 months and was happy. Or so I thought. Then I started to miss pizza, I wanted bread, I craved pasta. At that time LC was being pushed in the stores, but all the stuff was frankenfood, and I fell for all of it! Anything that said LC, I bought and ate. Sure I lost weight but I was not feeling well at all. Tired, skin problems, hair problems and just not feeling right! AND my pain was all day, every day. I just thought this was my quality of life and I would just have to "suck it up" and live with it.

The kids left home, I got out of my marriage and moved into a place all my own. I was free, and having lots of fun. Plus I was losing weight without even trying so I decided to forgo LC for a while and just eat like I wanted to. I lost weight, and was down to 138 pounds again! I was happy, especially since I didn't have to "diet" anymore. Well, anyone going through a divorce knows that "divorce" itself is a diet for some and that is what it was for me. I ate one meal a day, if that. I lost weight, but still did not feel well. Oh well, I thought, I was thin again and that was all I cared about at the time! Refusing to take prescription meds for my Fibro, I lived on over the counter pain meds and developed a bad stomach problem from this.

Things settled and so did my weight loss. 1 year after my divorce I started to put on weight again because I started to eat again. My weight started to go up and here I was AGAIN looking at 165+ pounds and having to think about dieting AGAIN! Well, I would LC again since I had great results the last time, but THIS time I was going to do it the way it's was suggested by Dr. A; Go up the carb ladder, add in the foods that I loved that were wholesome and good for me, and keep the weight I would lose off for good.

That is what happened and 1 year later I was at my goal weight of 145 pounds ( I had forgotten about 138 because I was much older and didn't think I could get back to this weight again). Now I would start to go up that carb ladder. And I did, but what happened stumped me and made me VERY frustrated! I would add in a carb and start to gain weight. Then I would have to switch to LC/VLC to get that weight off. I did this so many times I finally got to the point where I posted this thread: Am I At The Point In My Life/Age Where I Have to Restrict EVERYTHING ?. When would it stop?!

I was at the point of giving up AGAIN! My weight was climbing again and I had lost sight of my LC goal weight of 145 and was now 6+ pounds over that! I knew I just couldn't do this "diet" thing again and I needed to find a WOE that would fit ME and MY life style. I love to eat and I didn't want subs for the things I loved to eat anymore, but I needed to figure out HOW to eat these things without going back to the "junky" WOE and going over board, thus gaining weight. And only to have to lose it again!! My metabolism was shot, I was now gaining weight on LC/VLC and the more I lowered those carbs, the more unhappy I was and the more weight I was gaining!!

Well, my beloved LCFs came to my rescue again! I looked on the Weight Loss Plan Forum and checked a lot of them out and then looked into the "Other Plans" thread and there was JUDDD. Hmmm....interesting and the more I read the more I liked. I COULD eat the foods I loved, EVERY OTHER DAY. To my mind it was like being on a diet 1/2 the time and that is what the JUDDD site also suggested: Diet only 1/2 the time! I read what the members of the JUDDD forum had to say and I did the calculator on the JUDDD site to see what my Up Day and Down Day calories would be (that is what the alternating calorie days are called) but I became concerned with the DD number. It was LOW, really low and I KNEW I would be setting myself up to fail before I even started. I wrote to a poster on the JUDDD forum (SoHappy, my hero ) who told me that the Down Day and Up Day calorie number was not set in stone and to give it a try with a number I thought would work for me, but would still be in the suggested Up and Down calorie % for weight loss.

OK, I would do this. I settled on my Down Day calories, left the Up Day calories pretty much as suggested, and dug in on Aug 1, 2011. The first 2 weeks was a little tough on the Down Days and there was lots of tracking, menu tweaking, calorie counting and planning ahead to get the most food bang for my calories on my Down Days. But to me this was fun, I had a mission again, I could eat what I wanted with no restricted foods or subs for foods I love, and I started to eat lots of veggies/fruits again because they are low in calories and could afford me lots of food on my Down Days. The veggie and fruit part I loved the most and had missed on LC. On my Up Days I ate what I wanted, but the funny thing is I didn't eat lots of junk like I thought I would since I could now eat anything I wanted. I still looked for the whole grains, made my own bread when I could, and still ate full fat products on my Up Days, but I didn't eat candy, cookies, potato chips, or "empty calorie" foods even though I could. I just didn't want to. Sure, I eat fat free and low fat stuff on my Down Days but they are very little and only when I need a product for a dish I want to make.

I was not watching carbs anymore and this was a mind shock at first. I had LCed for so long that it was ingrained in me to pick foods that were low in carbs as a natural thing. These foods were hard to do for me on my Down Days because I like to eat, calorie restricted or not. But looking for the lower carb foods was not a bad thing because it has helped me to make good choices in my food for my Up Days AND my Down Days. Most Up Days I'm at a moderate carb level (100 to 125g) and usually pretty low, for me, (60 to 80g) on my Down Days. I'm eating good, whole food and the food I loved and missed on my LC/VLC WOE. And the best part is my pain is almost non-existent now without the help of those over the counter drugs!! Because of LCing I learned to not eat sugar and that seemed to have been my biggest pain creator for my Fibro! I continue with the no sugar even though on JUDDD I CAN have it. Sure I may have a dessert here and there when I go out but I know I will pay the price tomorrow for it and I'm prepared. My LC days helped me to figure out that sugar is my enemy for my Fibro!!

On Aug 1, 2011 I was 151.6 pounds. Today on Oct 9, 2011 I am 138.4 pounds! I lost most of this 13.2 pounds in the first 6 weeks of JUDDD and now I'm tweaking my Up and Down Day calories because I am continuing to lose weight and I'm really fine at 140 pounds and don't want to lose anymore. Imagine having to figure out how to STOP losing weight! I love how I look, I feel great and I now have a WOE that I KNOW I can do for the rest of my life. I look forward to the Down Days because of the simplicity of them, and I can honestly say, for the first time in my life, I'm NOT hungry, which I never could on any other plan, and I just love that I can have my cake AND eat it, too, if I want! My metabolism loves this WOE and has proved this with the quick weight loss I have experienced since starting JUDDD and sometimes I have so much energy I don't know what to do next!! <<<This is NOT a bad thing, believe me, since now all those things I wanted to do and was too sick or tired to do are now DONE!! BTW, my last check-up in September was wonderful, all systems running at maximum health mode!!

Me at 140 and 138.4 pounds

Is this WOE eating for everyone? Heck NO, it's not a "one sized, fits all world", but it just may be for those who are having problems with other WOE and need to find something that will get things moving again. Please come check out the JUDDD Forum if you are interested in reading other success stories or just want to see what it's all about. From the start I have been in such awe of this WOE and lots have heard me say so on LCFs. One of my "JUDDD BUDDDs" crowned me the "Poster Child" for the JUDDD WOE!

NOW, I hope I can help with my story and the "magic" I found with JUDDD!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-09-2011 at 09:45 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
Nice post Beeb!
Thank you for being so open with us all about your experience.
Hugs
Nikki.
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sibylle
Stats: 170/150/120
WOE: HF/VLC
Start Date: February 2011
JUDD

Hello Beeb! Thank yo so much for posting your very interesting story in the main lobby and congratulations on your success on Judd I am doing VLC for several months and find myself stalled for at least 6 weeks now. Part of the problem might be that I don't find time to exercise on a regular basis. I think I will give JUDD a try to shake my metabolism up. I would stay on LC/VLC on the "Down Days" and the "Up Days". I am only afraid that the "Down Days" with about 400-600 cals are not sustainable and will set me into a binge mode. I will start with JUDD tomorrow for one week and see how it goes. Again thanks for the great post!
Sib
Sibylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibylle View Post
Hello Beeb! Thank yo so much for posting your very interesting story in the main lobby and congratulations on your success on Judd I am doing VLC for several months and find myself stalled for at least 6 weeks now. Part of the problem might be that I don't find time to exercise on a regular basis. I think I will give JUDD a try to shake my metabolism up. I would stay on LC/VLC on the "Down Days" and the "Up Days". I am only afraid that the "Down Days" with about 400-600 cals are not sustainable and will set me into a binge mode. I will start with JUDD tomorrow for one week and see how it goes. Again thanks for the great post!
Sib
Come over to the JUDDD forum and read what the others have said about it. Many of us had the same concerns when we started, and have found that the concerns were never seen! Good luck and hope to see you on JUDDD!

Also.........Thanks, Nikki!!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-09-2011 at 09:46 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laranda
Stats: 185lbs 5'1/147/GOAL-110
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: LC Since 09 JUDDD - 1/30/12
Did u resolve your need to snack or is it something that u work into ur WOE?
laranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Great post beeb! It was lovely to read your whole story. I am loving juddd too, and like you, I am losing weight after being stalled on just low carb. I am still moderate carb, and avoid sugar where I can. For me, sugar and grains seem to trigger binges, and I rarely miss them!
It seems to me, simple lc is awesome for those with a lot to lose, but when it comes down to those last few pesky pounds, and keeping them off, many need to tweak their woe....and juddd can be a very enjoyable tweak!
Yes, you do need to reduce your calories a bit, but only every other day!

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Congrats on your weight loss! Glad you found something that worked for you!!

The first thing I noticed was how proud you look holding that cigarette in your hand.
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
A good read: well done--and you look great.

I've always had up days and down days when dieting, because I find it the only logical way to push my weight loss. Maybe I should consider it as a maintaining method after I reach my goal.

You sound as if you are like me (and many other dieters on here, from what I read) in that no matter how carefully we follow a diet, the weight doesn't come off the way the diet books say it will. Facing that brutal reality, we either despair, or we take more rigorous measures, such as limiting our intake part of the time. It seems unfair, but the fact is that we put on weight only too easily--so the only way out is to find a way of eating fewer calories without feeling that we are being starved. A combination of low-carb and varied daily food intake is the answer that works for me.

By the way, how about your fibromyalgia? Has the pain stopped now? My friend's wife has it, and they regard it as a mystery illness. He has diabetes, and I sometimes suspect the causes of both may be similar.
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cocoanut
Stats: 274/215/140 5'4"
WOE: VLC to prevent diabetes
Start Date: Feb 2011
Thank you for sharing your story, Beeb. You are an inspiration to anyone who has struggles. Although JUDDD is not for me, your story hits home with the several hits & misses throughout the weight loss journey.
cocoanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:42 AM   #10

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Linda,

thanks so much for taking the time to share your story with us. I suspect many will be able to relate, and this will be helpful. Congratultions on your success!!!

I am relatively new to JUDDD(3 weeks) and I am loving it. I love that nothing is off limits, and it is working for me.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lileve
Stats: 221/187/120
WOE: LC - atkins my way
Start Date: new start: jan 2013.
I loved reading your story. You've been through a lot and you've come through it as the hero in your own life!
I didn't really know much about JUDDD but it sounds like a great way of eating. KUTGW and good luck maintaining.
Lileve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Great post and congrats on your weight loss! It's great that you found a way you can eat for life and be happy and without pain. You may have inspired others with your story. KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #13

Gallery: kristina
Stats: 250/243.6/140
WOE: Weight Watchers online
Start Date: September 12 2014
Great story, and I'm so glad you found what works for you!
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Great post!!!! Congrats on much success!

I am LOVING JUDDD as well!
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranda View Post
I didn't want to "resolve" my need to snack. It's how I am and JUDDD gives me the opportunity to work it into my WOE.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi2008 View Post
Congrats on your weight loss! Glad you found something that worked for you!!

The first thing I noticed was how proud you look holding that cigarette in your hand.
Wow, it's funny what some people will notice. That was 11 years ago right before I stopped smoking, not that this is what my story is about on this thread, though. And what you are terming as "being proud" was actually being depressed and trying not to show it.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Great post and congrats on your weight loss! It's great that you found a way you can eat for life and be happy and without pain. You may have inspired others with your story. KUTGW!
Thank you and I hope I DO inspire others, that would be a true blessing for me!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Great post beeb! It was lovely to read your whole story. I am loving juddd too, and like you, I am losing weight after being stalled on just low carb. I am still moderate carb, and avoid sugar where I can. For me, sugar and grains seem to trigger binges, and I rarely miss them!
It seems to me, simple lc is awesome for those with a lot to lose, but when it comes down to those last few pesky pounds, and keeping them off, many need to tweak their woe....and juddd can be a very enjoyable tweak!
Yes, you do need to reduce your calories a bit, but only every other day!

Hugs
Jo
X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Linda,

thanks so much for taking the time to share your story with us. I suspect many will be able to relate, and this will be helpful. Congratultions on your success!!!

I am relatively new to JUDDD(3 weeks) and I am loving it. I love that nothing is off limits, and it is working for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInTX View Post
Great post!!!! Congrats on much success!

I am LOVING JUDDD as well!
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, MY JUDDD BUDDDs! You guys are the BEST!!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #19

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Thanks for posting your story here, Linda. Very interesting, and I know a lot of folks can sure identify with trying to find something that works for them for weight loss, for general health and vitality, and that gives them a lot of joy when it comes to the fact of eating, but more importantly the act of dining.

You know how much I enjoy this eating plan, and how thankful I am to have found JUDDD too. Our food choices are so individual to each of us, but it works regardless. My carbs are higher than yours, and my food choices are different than those that you choose, but still our choices give us weight loss, and then ease in maintenance, and the foods we want to focus on in our diet plans.

Continued success using JUDDD to manage your maintenance of weight loss, and I'm so happy for you that you are enjoying the foods and menus that bring you pleasure. Good job.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranda View Post
JUDDD lets you resolve whatever you want to do. So if you want to snack, you can resolve that by eating. And the choice of what you snack on is up to you. Or you can resolve to not snack if you want to. JUDDD doesn't care, and it really has nothing to do with JUDDD at all. That's an individual choice.

I know lots of folks build their snacks into their day. JUDDD lets you decide what those snacks will be. So maybe zucchini sticks or string cheese or pepperoni slices. Or maybe an assortment of crackers and cheeses. I snack on fruit.. my favorite being peeled apple slices with strong cheddar cheese, but also white grapes with Swiss cheese is fabulous.

Or you can skip the snacks. Or choose to eat cookies and milk at snack time.

JUDDD doesn't tell you want foods to eat at all. It's merely a plan guided by calorie cycling. It works with any food plan you wish to follow, like Atkins or Paleo or SouthBeach, etc. The foods you choose to eat are entirely up to you.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mule_Freak
Stats: 145/125-130/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Oct. 2003
Linda you KNOW lady you've always been my inspiration girl!!!! I've not read Judd, but would you think it would be something for a Low Thyroid person? my weight is gone up a bit and its getting to me, I am so sick of not eating really anything and exercising like a mad fool just to maintain, any thoughts doll??
Mule_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule_Freak View Post
Linda you KNOW lady you've always been my inspiration girl!!!! I've not read Judd, but would you think it would be something for a Low Thyroid person? my weight is gone up a bit and its getting to me, I am so sick of not eating really anything and exercising like a mad fool just to maintain, any thoughts doll??
I know Linda will be back to answer you, but wanted to let you know that I've had thyroid disease for decades, hypothyroid, and this is the plan that has been the absolute most successful for me in both weight loss and weight maintenance.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JennIsShrinking
Stats: 231.9/213.3/147
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: September 1, 2011
What a great story thank you so much for sharing, and congrats on reaching your goal!!!
JennIsShrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zizi
Stats: Over 84 lbs. lost in ~16 months. Goal @ 3/2011
WOE: Low Carb Eclectic
Start Date: LAST Restart Mid-March 2010
THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING & CONGRATS ON FINDING WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen JUDDD mentioned quie a few times and honestly still don't really grasp what it means. Is there a thread or a book that breaks down this WOE?

All The Best,

Z
zizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mule_Freak
Stats: 145/125-130/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Oct. 2003
Thanks Pat I know they say once a women is over 40 she has to exercise an hour everyday to maintain, but I've had to almost stop eating food, I don't eat anything w/gluten but that is great, only eat egg whites and veggies at nite/dinner, I have to have my apple in the a.m. w/a bit of protein and lunch never really hungry, oh well, silly ol thyroid
Mule_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #26
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizi View Post
THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING & CONGRATS ON FINDING WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen JUDDD mentioned quie a few times and honestly still don't really grasp what it means. Is there a thread or a book that breaks down this WOE?

All The Best,

Z
I believe the actual title is something like Dr. Johnsons alternate day diet
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zizi
Stats: Over 84 lbs. lost in ~16 months. Goal @ 3/2011
WOE: Low Carb Eclectic
Start Date: LAST Restart Mid-March 2010
THANKS, DOTTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #28

Quote:

All The Best,

Z
It's simply a plan for eating at a higher calorie level one day, and a lower calorie level the next. The foods you eat are entirely up to you.. low carb diet, low fat diet, all protein diet, twinkie diet.. JUDDD doesn't have anything to do with the foods you choose to eat, only with the calories you eat, and with cycling those calories from quite high to quite low and then back again.

In exchange for eating this way, weight loss seems to be stimulated, well, in Linda's case she's had to eat quite a bit more to prevent further weight loss LOL, hunger and appetite seem to be normalized, many experience that food compulsions and urges are brought under control and normalized, and metabolic rate often seems to be turned up a notch or two. Or three.

*The Plan* is loosely based on the many years of length of life studies and calorie restriction studies, which show over and over again the extensive health benefits resulting. In the subject animals of all kinds ever studied, length of life was shown up to 30%, and it is felt that probable length of life will be experienced by humans too. Frankly, I don't really even care about that part. I just was desperate for something that would allow me to lose some weight, something that could reverse the carb sensitivity I seemed to have found myself experiencing, and something that could return me to how I used to eat as a youngster in the olden days and keep me from getting fat on it. Hence JUDDD. And success.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #29

Thanks everyone for the congrats and well wishes! You guys are wonderful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule_Freak View Post
HELLO MY FRIEND!!! So nice to see you here!! I see Pat answered your question about her thyroid issue and she is so knowledgable, especially when it comes to JUDDD. I was at the place you are and I just couldn't take it anymore and the worst part was I couldn't exercise because of a foot issue! I was just hungry, getting heavier and miserable! Then came JUDDD and the rest is now my story with an amazing ending!! Come check out the forum and especially the sticky at the top, lots of info there!

Quote:

All The Best,

Z
Thank so much Z! Come check out the forum here: JUDDD - Low Carb Friends and read the sticky at the top titled: What is JUDDD? Come inside and see! This will give you lots of info. The book is Dr. Johnson's Alternate Day Diet and there is also a site with the same name. Plus, Pat (SoHappy) is a wealth of info, we are so blessed to have her on the JUDDD forum!!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-10-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MissBeth
Stats: 320/185/140
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: Jan. 19, 2008
Linda,
Thank you SO much for sharing the story of your journey with us. I often catch your posts around LCF and am so glad that you've reached your goal. Congratulations!
MissBeth is offline   Reply With Quote