Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Pretty excited to reach that milestone. 15 to go!
All I can say is wow Jennifer......

YOU ROCK
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LaurieKeren
Stats: 198.6/191.4/120
WOE: moderate low carb; healthy food choices
Start Date: 05/27/2014 (this time, haha)
How wonderful and amazing!
LaurieKeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phos4us
Stats: I'm trying to give up the scale! 5'11"/41 yrs
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: May 25, 2011
Totally awesome!!
Phos4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Books and Cats
Stats: 257/187.2/150?
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 08/19/11 (low carb), 6/14-8/18 (low-cal)
That's an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!
Books and Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline
Very impressive woman! WTG!
Emmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leona_sky
Stats: 190/141/130
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Apr 2009
Congratulations!!
leona_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #67
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Congratulations!!! You deserve a big lowcarb party!!

Cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbPanda86
Stats: 291/221.4/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 12, 2010 restart January 13, 2013
WTG you look completely different!
LowCarbPanda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JillAnne
Stats: 277/234/175
WOE: VLC started 1/18/13
Start Date: 07/18/2011

An inspiration to us all! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JillAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweet irony
Stats: 335/290/160 --5'8˝"
WOE: <50g carbs a day/grain free
Start Date: August '10
THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!! I'm so impressed! What an inspiration. I wish I could give you a hug!! Congratulations!
sweet irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ocean
Stats: 240/144/ Below 145 5'1.5"
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: June 2010
That is an amazing accomplishment. You don't even look like the same person. Congrats!!
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
You are amazing!!!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Congrats! You're amazing!
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #74
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
OMG that is AMAZING!!! WTG!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DressageLover
Stats: 222/168/150, 5'10"
WOE: VLC, A72
Start Date: 1/29/99
Wow. You are gorgeous. You must feel totally amazing! Congratulations on your incredible success!
DressageLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #76
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Thank you all so much! I can't tell you how I appreciate all the lovely comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanberrycritter View Post
That Darla is a pretty big cat, so it almost worked. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
WOW!!!!!! You look amazing! More pics, please!
I truly avoid all cameras like the plague!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terez View Post
It must be like night and day to you from being your heaviest to now. Going from 'cover up' clothes to very feminine and stylish clothes. Your whole life must be really different.
For sure! To go from a 5x/32-34 to M/10-12 is quite a difference. And you're right about cover up vs stylish. If it fit I bought it regardless of color, style, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbug View Post
Dang, girl. Look at those collarbones! Great work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
ps: I am loving your collar bones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
Major congratulations!!!!! You must be so proud. I love your collarbones!
I love the collarbone comments! I have found that I'm boney; who knew? I just figured I was a roly poly no matter what size, but under this excess skin, I'm actually quite lean. One day I was about to change my shirt because of my muffin top, till I realized the muffin top was actually my hipbones poking out above the waist of my jeans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogjack6112 View Post
Are you the same woman?
Yep. Well, 1/2 of the same woman anyway

I'm going to post my story, etc next. Give me a while - it's been quite the journey!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Julie
WOE: LC...down 80lbs since 6/07/10
Congratulations!! I'm looking forward to reading your story.
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: primroselane
Stats: 318/239/260/150
Start Date: 1/5/09--- Restart date 8/1/11
WOW!!

You go girl!!!!
primroselane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
awesomeness!!!

Thanks for sharing! can't wait to hear your story
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #80

My Story (Long)

I've been a binger and overweight for as long as I can remember. A diet for me meant either starvation (like 1 piece of food a day) or less than 10 fat grams/day. I could never stay on for more than a week, tops, before binging. I first started Atkins in 6/00 at 309.5. I was diligent to the point of obsession - didn't cheat once and about killed myself exercising and it gradually evolved into more of a *******-type plan. I got down to 140 by this time in 2001 & couldn't take it anymore. I started binging again and by the summer of 2004 was bigger than ever. By 2006 I had gotten laid off and my DH was spending weeks at a time working out of town, and I stayed home alone and binged. You wouldn't believe the binge stories I could tell. I was out of control & hated myself.

In 1/2007 we moved into a new house & I decided it was going to be a binge free zone. So on 1/30/07 I got back on Atkins (at 351.5 lbs) since I knew it worked and I could do it. I was still unemployed so had the time to be more creative in my cooking and used the recipes here at LCF, cleochatra's site & Linda Sue's site. I had also made a promise to myself that I wouldn't allow myself to get obsessive again, so I indulged at birthdays, holidays, parties, vacations, or just when I felt like it. The weight still came off at a pretty good pace, and within 2 years I was down to 194 lbs. In early 2009 I had an IUI but unfortunately the pregnancy didn't stick, then 13 days later my mom died. I dealt by binging on 47 lbs in a year, and by 2/10 I was back to 241. I half-assed it for a while - on, off, on, off, down 20, up 10, and around Easter this year at 186 lbs I decided to get serious again. I'm not perfect by any means, we were in New Orleans this weekend and I had gumbo with rice, fried seafood & a couple of petit fours. But I'm nothing if not perseverant and I plug along. And got right back on plan Monday. I've also overeaten Atkins Endulge products, dark chocolate or peanut butter a time or 3.

Menus
I started working again in 9/09 so no longer had the time for recipes. I pretty much alternate between Atkins '72 & Atkins Induction, keeping it extremely simple. Very few "products" but I do use Atkins shakes occasionally as a meal replacement when I'm in a rush, and the Endulge products for an occasional treat, but I've found the Endulge products are trigger foods for me.

B - either 4 slices of bacon or eggs (3 scrambled in butter w/cheese) or 2 sausage patties or sometimes I'll have a container of Fage; 1 cup of coffee w/1T cream & davinci's
L - either 2 swiss or provolone and cold cut (ham, turkey breast and Boar's Head lemon pepper chicken breast are my faves) roll-ups with mustard &/or mayo or leftovers from the previous night's dinner
D - hunk o'meat & salad My favorite protein is the infamous boneless, skinless chicken breast. I saute in butter or olive oil & season well. My spice cabinet is brimming! I also fix pork chops, cheeseburgers, pork tenderloin, chicken wings, and sometimes on a Sunday I'll bake a turkey breast. DH likes to grill on the weekends & I'll have a ribeye. My favorite part is the fat My salad is 2-3 cups of lettuce, 2 slices of bacon chopped up, and sometimes I'll throw in 1 oz of cheese or olives, or 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes. I only like creamy salad dressings & use 2T.
I'm not a snacker at all, but I keep 1 oz of cheese at work in the event that I need it. I usually end up giving it away so it doesn't get thrown out when the fridge is cleaned on Friday afternoons.
I try to drink 100 oz water per day, don't always succeed, but except for my AM cup of coffee I drink only water until I leave work at 8PM. At home I'll have a can of a diet soft drink, sometimes more, sometimes less. I've been nursing the same diet Coke for the past 2 nights, but some nights I drink 1.5-2 cans. I sometimes stop at Starbucks for a coffee (tall regular coffee; nothing fancy) on my way home from work that I drink with 1T cream & 2 splendas. Oh, and I work 11am-8pm so don't get home until about 8:30 & then I cook dinner. We normally eat around 9, so I don't believe in no eating after 7:00. I'd starve!
We occasionally eat out, but I'm just as happy to eat at home. We normally go for a steak or burger so easy to stay on plan. But then I start thinking, "well, if there are hidden carbs in the salad dressing or vegs anyway, might as well have dessert right"? Yep, that's how my mind operates I'm safer at home

Exercise
None I have a sedentary desk job, and keep telling myself I'm going to start something in the mornings before I go to work. I have a treadmill, weights & tons of exercise DVD's. The only excuse is my laziness, and the fact that I'd rather sleep in or drink coffee and play on the internet in the AM. Which leads us to...

Excess Skin
Yes. I have tons. See my arms in the before pic? Imagine them at the same size now, just deflated. From the back I don't look like I have elbows because the excess hangs over. I don't have batwings, I have pterodactyl wings! It's all over to an extent but my arms are by far the worst. Surgery is in my future. As you can tell by my pics I'm very fair complected and I have that thin, pale, tissue paper-like skin that doesn't have a lot of elasticity. It was just as bad last time I lost weight & exercised an hour or more per day.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #81

Part 2 :)

So that's my story, hope I didn't bore anyone to death with my ramblings.

My Best Advice:
  • Pick a plan that you feel like you can stick with for the rest of your life, know it inside out, and accept that it is a lifetime way of eating. I didn't feel that way my first go round - I couldn't wait to get thin so I could binge again. I even set my goal weight at a crazy low number to give myself room to binge
  • Be diligent but not obsessive. Honestly, the world will not end if you eat off plan. But if you do eat off plan, don't use that as an excuse to eat anything that isn't nailed down, or all the foods you miss in one go. And don't beat yourself up if you go more overboard than planned. And always get right back on plan no matter how hard you have to white knuckle it. I always thought it was b.s. when people talked about losing weight as a "process" and that you "learn a lot about yourself". To me it was something to get done and then get on with life (read binging). But "they" were right. It's a life long journey, and I have learned that the right attitude is everything, and that I can do anything I set my mind to. I've also learned to recognize in myself when I'm feeling binge-y and need to avoid even low-carb trigger foods. I suppose what I should have said is never eat off plan, but for me that's not realistic. It all comes down to knowing yourself and what's right and doable for you.
  • Don't let anyone's opinions about your woe, goal, etc sway you. Unless you're not going about it in a healthy way or your goal is set at an unrealistic level, remember this is for you and noone else. Don't be ashamed to mention low carb or Atkins; I've found that most people are polite about it, and we must give credit where credit is due. People may not understand it and can never give up bread, but I can't remember a rude comment. And respect others' ways of eating too. I never try to convert - only answer questions & share info with those who ask.
  • I suppose I should mention exercise, so we'll just call that the best advice I can offer that I don't follow myself, mmmkay?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #82
Amish Wit

Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Congratulations and awesome job!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #83

Almost done, I promise!

So I mentioned that I do an Atkins '72/Induction combo right now. My plan is to get to 135 which is the highest weight in the healthy range for my height (5'2"), then start moving up the carb ladder. I don't plan to spend a lot of time on each rung (week or 2 max), and wherever I end up weight-wise is where I'll stay for at least a few months. Then I'll re-evaluate and decide if I want to lose more or continue to maintain.

I could eat junk food all day long, but things like bread, pasta, fruit, potatoes, cereal, even most vegs are take or leave foods for me. I could be pretty happy staying with more or less the Induction food list but making room for yogurt more often, or maybe ordering sweet potato fries with a burger, and fruit on the occasions that I crave it. And alcohol. I'm from New Orleans after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley
Have you considered writing the Atkins foundation to tell them of your success? I am sure they would want to hear.
I'm thinking about it! Will probably wait until I reach my 1st goal of 135 lbs.

I think I've answered all the questions. I'm honestly an open book, so I'm happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge and ability. And thanks once again for the compliments. I mostly lurk in the ML and cannot tell you all how touched I am that people who I have received so much good advice from and have admired for years took the time to post in my thread. And I'm especially touched and humbled by those of you who have called me an inspiration....I'm verklempt

Anyway, thanks again and for taking the time to read my musings
Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Thank you for sharing your story! You are very much an inspiration
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Three simple words....

I..LOVE..YOU!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your journey with us..

One day hopefully soon, when i finally reach my personal goal, ( aprox 30 more lbs to go..) I'll have the wherewithal, to share my story too

Much continued success!!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wishin
WOW, Amazing story. Congratulations!
Wishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: terez
WOE: Reinduction 1-2-2013
Thanks you so much, Jennifer, for telling us your story. You are an inspiration to many here.
terez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #88

Gallery: Mackenzie
WOE: Lower Carb
Start Date: Restart 9/13/05
Wow! Congratulations!!!! You are amazing!
Mackenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonedbody
Thank you so much for sharing your story!

I loved it and I can really relate, you are such an inspiration!
Tonedbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
Truly Amazing!!

That is awesome! Really and truly an inspiration!!!

YOU GO GIRL!
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote