Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
WOE: Low Carb
how to measure whipped cream

I have the redi whipped cream on my sf jello..not sure how that is measured. I dont use alot anyway but just wondering how to figure the calories and carbs by actual serving size.
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
I put my Jello on my food scale and weigh the whipped cream in grams-I believe 18 g is a serving?
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: EveH
Stats: 165/122/130----5'4"
WOE: Atkins..skipped induction
Start Date: Oct 2010
Is that made with real sugar? I've never used it.
EveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #4

They make a sugar free one.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy0821
Stats: 296/270/? 150 maybe less?
WOE: Low Carb
Its got 1 carb per serving in it. I havent had any problems with it and Im in ketosis...Just getting th right serving size is a challenge LOL.
Tracy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Juliemb414
Stats: 355/341/135 5'6", High: 380+?lbs. in 2008
WOE: Atkin's Induction/VLC
Start Date: March 14, 2014
I was reading the can of this just the other day in the grocery store. The regular does have 1 gm carb per 2 tblsp serving with supposedly 33 servings in the can. I does contain sugar though... I guess, technicnally, you would squirt it into a tablespoon measure, take a knife and level it off and then do it again to get 2 tblsp. I was in the store imagining me NOT doing that... when i used to mess with the stuff i always thought you measured it by opening your mouth, tilting your head back and squirting it straight down the hatch! I decided it would be best for me to put the can back on the shelf. If i just have to have whipped cream, i will measure out some HWC and get the workout of whipping it by hand...NOT!!
Juliemb414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tara_verd
Stats: 229.5/226/170
WOE: Atkins; 5'-8" tall
Start Date: May 12, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliemb414 View Post
when i used to mess with the stuff i always thought you measured it by opening your mouth, tilting your head back and squirting it straight down the hatch!
hey, that's how I do it!!!! sweet!!!
tara_verd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #8

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliemb414 View Post
I was reading the can of this just the other day in the grocery store. The regular does have 1 gm carb per 2 tblsp serving with supposedly 33 servings in the can. I does contain sugar though... I guess, technicnally, you would squirt it into a tablespoon measure, take a knife and level it off and then do it again to get 2 tblsp. I was in the store imagining me NOT doing that... when i used to mess with the stuff i always thought you measured it by opening your mouth, tilting your head back and squirting it straight down the hatch! I decided it would be best for me to put the can back on the shelf. If i just have to have whipped cream, i will measure out some HWC and get the workout of whipping it by hand...NOT!!
Yup. To get 2 tablespoons, you have to measure. But who does that? So..... you just poof a pile of the stuff on your dessert and 'pretend' that's about 2 tablespoons. I'll bet it's usually 4 or 5 tablespoons of the stuff even when you're trying to be really, really careful.

Easier to put the jello or whatever in a bowl and measure 2 tablespoons of real heavy cream over it. And tastier too, in my opinion.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
I just squirt it on, stopping way before I want to. It's an exercise in self-control which I win most days.

Seriously, I have a plastic rounded measuring tablespoon...I set that on the counter, upside-down, as a "visual" and squirt two mounds of Redi-whip about that size. Is it exact, no. But it's close enough. Been doing it that way long enough to know I stay in ketosis...don't stall on the weight loss. And it's a miniature treat I enjoy.
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #10

Serving size is 6 grams not 18. Often when you use tbls your servings are way too big. Weigh your 2 tbls-you will be surprised. So easy to just sit your food on your food scale then squirt out 6 grams worth.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tonyalaya
Stats: 267/187/160 36 yr 5'8"
WOE: 30 carbs > day > 70 protein
Start Date: 1/24/11
Quote:
when i used to mess with the stuff i always thought you measured it by opening your mouth, tilting your head back and squirting it straight down the hatch

Well, I wasn't going to post b/c I was embarrassed, but I totally do this! I call them whipped cream 'hits'. They save me when I'm craving something yummy and sweet. Plus it's fun to do it that way, and why dirty up more dishes? (I do 2 loads in the DW a day already, I guess one spoon wouldn't make or break me . . .) One time, for tracking purposes, I measured it out in a nifty little measuring spoon that has a plunger that squishes it out for you (handy for peanut butter and such) and compared that to how full my mouth feels when I dispense it via the down the hatch method. For a 'hit' of canned whipped cream it's around 2T, maybe a little more, but definitely not 3T. I tried 3T (that's how big this little measuring spoon thingy is) and it definitely doesn't all fit. Yes, the family thought this was all very amusing to watch. Weighing it is a great idea too.
5/27/11-lost 49.4 lbs
6/10/11-lost 55 lbs
7/15/11-lost 65 lbs

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Cor. 12:9
tonyalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tonyalaya
Stats: 267/187/160 36 yr 5'8"
WOE: 30 carbs > day > 70 protein
Start Date: 1/24/11
double post

Last edited by tonyalaya; 05-23-2011 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: double post
tonyalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SugarHound
WOE: Moderate carbs--counting calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalaya View Post

Well, I wasn't going to post b/c I was embarrassed, but I totally do this! I call them whipped cream 'hits'. They save me when I'm craving something yummy and sweet. Plus it's fun to do it that way, and why dirty up more dishes? (I do 2 loads in the DW a day already, I guess one spoon wouldn't make or break me . . .) One time, for tracking purposes, I measured it out in a nifty little measuring spoon that has a plunger that squishes it out for you (handy for peanut butter and such) and compared that to how full my mouth feels when I dispense it via the down the hatch method. For a 'hit' of canned whipped cream it's around 2T, maybe a little more, but definitely not 3T. I tried 3T (that's how big this little measuring spoon thingy is) and it definitely doesn't all fit. Yes, the family thought this was all very amusing to watch. Weighing it is a great idea too.
Awesome. Very awesome. I'm always struggling with controlling my eating but staying reasonable enough to make it a long term change. A Redi-whip hit is the kind of thing that shouldn't be forbidden, but needs to be moderated for obvious downward spiraling reasons.

I love this--the measuring (very creatively) up front to figure out a portion and then having the freedom to take a hit every once and a while. (Bong not included.)

This seems like a small thing--but it is a big thing for those of us that deal with extreme vs. moderate eating habits. Thanks so much.

And, the measuring process itself sounds like it was a good time for all!

[I know this is a very old thread--but just in case you get updates. Keep sharing-there's always someone somewhere for whom it is helpful.]
SugarHound is offline   Reply With Quote