LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shapeup1
WOE: Lots of protein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaillean View Post
Nancy -- was anyone talking about salt?

I for one am a salt fiend. Love my salty bacon, my salty olives, my salty pickles, etc.

Salt is essential on LC, not so much MSG and food with limited nutritional value.

No one's judging anyone. Just raising objection to the notion that pork rinds--especially flavored ones--are some sort of healthy LC staple food.
I agree most msg and salty foods are not on my health list. Although I also love bacon, herring, olives etc. They make me retain water and not recommended for my blood pressure. Even some of the P.R. that contain salt only are high in sodium with 1/2 gram of salt for 5 pieces....I don't eat only 5 pieces
shapeup1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JennyBell
Stats: 269/253.4/165
WOE: High Fat Low Carb
Start Date: 08-26-13
I tried Pork Rinds for the 2nd time in my life today. The first time I had them was 15 years ago and they grossed me out. Today I bought the Salt and Vinegar, and LOVED THEM. It could have something to do with not having lunch yet and starving, but at least I made a decent choice

I would say as long as you aren't doing it often (they are really high in sodium and easy to overeat), I wouldn't worry about it.
JennyBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
I saw the "before" product in the store today. The finished product does not exist here and I must admit that I am squeamish. It is so cheap, something like 30 cents for a lb but I wish it was already popped... I might get desperate as I have the need for something cheap and new but it will take me some time to get my head around to the idea...

You know what? I am just looking up how to make it and that bad it cannot be . I will try it anyhowand see if I can persuade myself to eat it. I will report back

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote