Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LeslieJG
Stats: 220/213/130
WOE: CAD
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I think the OP is probably misinformed about CAD/CALP as she thinks the Reward Meal is an hour during which "you can eat whatever you want". This cannot be further from the truth.

The Hellers say the RM (reward meal) must start with 2 cups of salad, and that you must have a 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbs, and 1/3 veggies balance for your main course. Divide plate in thirds and place reasonably balanced portions of each on it. Not as high carb as one may think.

It is not an hour of binging on high-carb foods, and if it is, then it isn't CAD/CALP.

My suggestion would be to read the books first and see if it would work for you personally.

P.S. There is a CAD/CALP thread under "other plans" with many old timers posting there if you want to check it out.
Back when I did CAD (the first version) it pretty much was a free for all. I would eat my salad then eat what ever I wanted (no 1/3 plate rule). I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I have no idea what the newer version is but the one I followed was a few different plans to choose from one was 2 CMs and a RM, or 1 CM and a RM, or 2 CM a RW and a snack depending on how fast you were losing and whether you wanted to speed it up or slow it down. Rachel Heller wrote something to the effect of discovering she started losing weight when she was only eating once a day and the plan evolved from that. Just wanted to throw that out there in case the OP was reading the original book before newer modifications.
LeslieJG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieJG View Post
I did CAD back in the late 90's and lost 30 pounds in 3 months. Loved it, but I was never able to get my momentum back after I went off. Now I am back on low carb (20 or less a day) after having had 5 children and wanting to lose the weight I gained back. I am actually thinking of incorporating a CAD RM occasionally. I feel it is better to have 1 cheat meal in CAD rules every now and then (holidays, birthdays, and special occasions) then a full on cheat to contain the damage.. My problem with CAD is the no snacking rule. I like to have a snack at night while reading or watching TV after the kids are in bed.
1 snack per day, as long as VLC
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zombiegoat2000
Stats: Start 296.0#/258/150# 5'8" Female
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January2012
Just remember that induction on Atkins is only two weeks, however having cheat meals everyday will stall you from making any real progress.
zombiegoat2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by baindegael View Post
It sounds like on both you will have special requests or modifications when you're eating out in public. Personally, I can do A LOT of damage in an hour, I couldn't be trusted on that.

Good luck with what you decide!
Same here, I can do a heck of a lot of damage in one hour (or even 1/2 hour!).

I wish you the best though.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SiaMia
My mom lost 30 pounds on the Carb Addicts Diet. She ended up not eating at all during the ay, and then pigged out for an hour. But she lost weight
SiaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Just bumping again. Opens up discussion, and interested people can move over to the CAD/CALP thread....
Old 01-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NineOhNine
Stats: 250/225/155
WOE: Generic <72 carbs/day
I've known people who lost weight on CAD. Some lost a lot and kept it off. I think it's worth a try.
NineOhNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriWants2Lose
Stats: 228.6/192/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 12, 2012
It seems like they updated that info for CA and it was 1 meal a day within an hour that was a BALANCED meal (veggies and protein and fat) and then one small treat. Be careful about just eating whatever you want for an hour. I don't know about you, but I could eat a whole lot of carbs in an hour without really trying too hard.
LoriWants2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriWants2Lose View Post
It seems like they updated that info for CA and it was 1 meal a day within an hour that was a BALANCED meal (veggies and protein and fat) and then one small treat. Be careful about just eating whatever you want for an hour. I don't know about you, but I could eat a whole lot of carbs in an hour without really trying too hard.
I am not having a carbfest once a day but I am not counting Caribs one meal per day and am slowly losing without the stress.........................