LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Capella Flavor Drops Vs. LorAnn Oils...

If you have tried either or both, what do you think of them? What flavors have you tried? Do they taste like whatever flavor you got?

If you have tried them both, which do you prefer?

I'm thinking for things like baking and protein shakes.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
I have the Lorann oils and use them so many different ways. Great when you need a strong flavor (Like when I make watermelon italian ice!) great for scenting kids playdough (c'mon, who doesn't like blue playdoh that smells like blue raspberry!), cooking with (especially for intesifying a flavor- cheesecake flavored in cheesecake, banana flavor in monkeybread, etc.) A little goes a very long way, so be careful when using in recipes.

I also love that the bottles are so little...I have a whole bag full that barely take up any space at all!
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I have a gajillion Capella drops, they are okay when you are trying to add flavor but of course nothing beats real food. I find that they all have just a hint of generic fruitiness in the aftertaste.
They disappear in coconut milk and leave no flavor so your usage matters, especially any of the chocolates.
Banana is true banana flavor and scent, but I hate the banana split.
Blueberry nice in yogurt or protein pancakes. Have yet to add to coconut muffins, but will try in future.
French toast and maple are both mapley for adding to protein pancakes.
I like the vanilla cupcake and chocolate doughnut in eggwhites. kinda cake batter effect with almost no calories, just a sprinkle of stevia.
DH likes the cappucino drops in lc milk when avoiding caffeine and stainers like coffee.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Thanks. I'm leaning towards the LorAnn, but I think I'll get a couple of both.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #5

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I am a fan of the LorAnn Bakery Emulsions. I have all of them, actually, since Ross has had them discounted around here the past year. Still expensive, but less than online.

I particularly suggest the Princess Cake and Cookie flavor and the Buttery Sweet Dough flavor. They both give an ineffable bakery aroma to things. The coconut, almond, rum, orange, lemon, and butter vanilla, off the top of my head, are all good. The rum is particularly useful since there's no rum sf syrup.

I have tried a number of the LorAnn flavor oils and I am not crazy about them at all.

I tried, a long time ago, some of the Nature's Flavors flavorings. They come in a LOT of formats, including erythritol sweetened syrups. I didn't like some of those flavors, but I am thinking of giving them another try. I was looking at things like raisin, honey, etc., that I particularly miss, though I recall the honey and molasses flavors were pretty bad 12 years ago or so.

I also recommend essential oils of the citrus flavors and peppermint. I have orange, lemon, lime, tangerine, and grapefruit. they are more the rind than juice flavors, of course, but give a very fresh citrus flavor to dressings, marinades, stirfry, etc., in addition to baking and shakes.

Last edited by ravenrose; 03-28-2011 at 05:08 PM..
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
Resident crazy dog lady

Gallery: sistertzu
Stats: 244/goal -90 Atkins/IF
WOE: VLC/no grain/ minimal dairy
Start Date: originally march 08 but every day is a fresh start
I have LorAnn oils, I love the bavarian cream and banana flavors, not crazy about vanilla butternut, and butterscotch is ok. That's all the flavors I have so far.
sistertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
I've tried both and I prefer the Lorann over the Capella. At first I didn't like the Lorann but then realized I was using too much, most times you only need a couple of drops.

I haven't used very many of the Capella, I've got a bunch of different flavors, but the ones I've used so far have an off flavor to me, not sure why though.

I'm going to look for the Lorann Bakery Emulsions that RavenRose mentioned. I remember reading about that years ago and looked for it then but never went so far as to order it.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JazzleBug
Stats: 235.7 | 216.8 | 135 @ 5'6"
WOE: HCG/Primal Blueprint/Leptin Reset
Start Date: 4/6/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
I am a fan of the LorAnn Bakery Emulsions. I have all of them, actually, since Ross has had them discounted around here the past year. Still expensive, but less than online.

I particularly suggest the Princess Cake and Cookie flavor and the Buttery Sweet Dough flavor. They both give an ineffable bakery aroma to things. The coconut, almond, rum, orange, lemon, and butter vanilla, off the top of my head, are all good. The rum is particularly useful since there's no rum sf syrup.

I have tried a number of the LorAnn flavor oils and I am not crazy about them at all.

I tried, a long time ago, some of the Nature's Flavors flavorings. They come in a LOT of formats, including erythritol sweetened syrups. I didn't like some of those flavors, but I am thinking of giving them another try. I was looking at things like raisin, honey, etc., that I particularly miss, though I recall the honey and molasses flavors were pretty bad 12 years ago or so.

I also recommend essential oils of the citrus flavors and peppermint. I have orange, lemon, lime, tangerine, and grapefruit. they are more the rind than juice flavors, of course, but give a very fresh citrus flavor to dressings, marinades, stirfry, etc., in addition to baking and shakes.
Oh, yum. Those bakery emulsions sound divine.
JazzleBug is offline   Reply With Quote