Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   anyone tried mio liquid water enhancer? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/714043-anyone-tried-mio-liquid-water-enhancer.html)

barbinga2 03-16-2011 07:48 PM

anyone tried mio liquid water enhancer?

i found it at walmart tonight in the drink mix aisle - it's little bottles with liquid flavor that you squirt into water - sweetened with sucralose. i got berry pomegranite and peach tea. i've just tried the berry one - i think i squirted in a little too much - it's very inexact. but i think they have potential. i'd love to hear what others think about the other flavors.

sassychik 03-16-2011 08:08 PM

I've wanted to try it but haven't. Please let us know what you think! I don't have a FB account so couldn't sign up for a free sample :(

~Kari

barbinga2 03-16-2011 08:13 PM

i'm not sure! the flavor is strong which is good i guess - not watered down tasting at all - seems to be really concentrated. it's a little sweet but that might be because i used a little too much. it's a perfect size to keep in your purse which will be nice - right now i always have a box of cran-lemonade in my purse - kinda bulky. lol.

ravenrose 03-16-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassychik (Post 14478708)
I've wanted to try it but haven't. Please let us know what you think! I don't have a FB account so couldn't sign up for a free sample :(

~Kari

good for you. don't you hate those things dependent on FB?

barbinga2 03-16-2011 08:16 PM

the third ingredient is propylene glycol - is that a common ingredient?

piratewoman 03-17-2011 03:41 AM

I got my free sample, Blueberry Pomegranate...it was good but my grand daughter LOVED it so I sent it home with her mom for her to use in her sippy cups.

Gweebles 03-17-2011 10:07 AM

WOW that stuff is over $3 a bottle here. Does it last long?

shlori 03-17-2011 10:12 AM

not having a fb account is like writing checks at the grocery store....haha. who does that? I mean cars have access to fb now....fb is taking over the internet!! step into the future....lol! it's not so scary.

kathy76 03-17-2011 11:18 AM

I think it said it had 24 servings. I'm waiting for my freebie from FB :)

sassychik 03-17-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shlori (Post 14480230)
not having a fb account is like writing checks at the grocery store....haha. who does that? I mean cars have access to fb now....fb is taking over the internet!! step into the future....lol! it's not so scary.

LOL...I'm not unaware of all things FB....I actually have had an account for years but deactivated it a while back. I began to realize how foolish it was (for me) to waste hours of time reading about what people were eating for supper or how many loads of laundry they were doing! lol So, I got rid of it :)

I actually do think it's silly that companies want you to "like" them on FB in order to order a sample or a coupon. But that's just totally my opinion and not even worth .02 :rofl:

~Kari

shlori 03-17-2011 11:27 AM

:rofl:.....I know fb can be ridiculous. My daughter & I just made one for my husband last week. We told him he needed a fb in order to upgrade to a smart phone....I just wanted the "married to" thing added to my fb and a cute pic of him....haha! (im evil that way).

I get what you mean about the sample but fb is so big now that companies probably reach more ppl that way.

BTW Kari....I still write checks!!! It was all I could think of as a comparison!!!

sassychik 03-17-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shlori (Post 14480550)
BTW Kari....I still write checks!!! It was all I could think of as a comparison!!!

LOL....me too. I LIKE my cute checks :up:

~Kari

SillverOrchid 03-17-2011 05:23 PM

I just bought the peach tea one today.. they are 3.50 here!:eek: but it says 24 servings so thats not bad and I don't like my drinks really strong.. just enough to flavor the water.. will let you know how it tastes lol

barbinga2 03-17-2011 05:30 PM

Silverorchid anxious to hear what you think of the Peach tea - I think it tastes like a chlorinated pool smells...:-0

Somehow it wasn't awful - I drank it with tap water and no ice which could have hurt the flavor. I had the berry pomegranate again tonight and it's good. Sure was easy just having it my purse and giving a few little squirts to suit my taste.

itsmeshelly01 03-17-2011 05:44 PM

I have the strawberry watermelon and really like it. I just use 1 quick squirt in my 16oz bottle and its perfect. I don't like a lot of flavor so it was perfect. I love the cute little bottle and I will probably get more when I see for sure how long this lasts since its over 3 bucks a bottle. I'm anxious to try other flavors. I love that its liquid so no carbs or cals like the powdered ones. I use a couple of those per day.

SillverOrchid 03-17-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbinga2 (Post 14481639)
Silverorchid anxious to hear what you think of the Peach tea - I think it tastes like a chlorinated pool smells...:-0

Somehow it wasn't awful - I drank it with tap water and no ice which could have hurt the flavor. I had the berry pomegranate again tonight and it's good. Sure was easy just having it my purse and giving a few little squirts to suit my taste.

I really liked the peach! Didnt get a pool taste at all lol but I only used 2 little squirts and it was strong enough for me.. I dont like things that are really strong.. I am looking forward to trying the strawberry watermelon..

awlass 03-18-2011 12:08 AM

i bought the strawberry watermelon the day it came out. i have learned to only give a light squirt for about 1/2 a second, and its just right.

ArdMaine 03-18-2011 03:52 PM

LOVE the strawberry Watermelon but it's SUPER concentrated and doesn't come out in "drops" be careful.

SillverOrchid 03-18-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam (Post 14484258)
LOVE the strawberry Watermelon but it's SUPER concentrated and doesn't come out in "drops" be careful.

Tried it today.. yum!!

RubyJ 03-22-2011 09:40 PM

I saw a commercial on TV for this yesterday.
I can't do the Crystal Light and other single pack water flavors because they all are sweetened with aspartame.
I was please to see that the MiO is sweetened with Splenda.
I'll have to get some to keep in my purse.

nanberrycritter 03-22-2011 09:57 PM

I finally saw the commercial for this and I'm shocked and grossed out by the level of food coloring in these products. Ugh, no thank you! Is anyone else concerned about ingesting this stuff?

Rayne_W 03-22-2011 11:49 PM

My daughter and I finally got up the nerve to try it (Berry Pomegranate). Four quick squirts into our 28-oz bottles...yum!

(And no, artificial colorings don't bother me. I survived black liquorice ice cream each summer in Leavenworth, WA, as a kid. That stuff was insane.)

shortcut 03-23-2011 04:34 AM

I got the strawberry. To me, it's pretty good as long as I use enough. When I tried just a little in a 20 oz bottle of water, it almost tasted fishy.

MsWoods 03-23-2011 07:40 AM

I saw these on TV last night for the first time and I'm really interested in finding them. I hope they are good.

RubyJ 03-23-2011 10:56 PM

Found the MiO at Kroger today.
$3.49 and on the display were coupons for $1.00 off. I got the berry/pomagranate and was very pleased. Just one squirt was enough in a 12 oz. glass of water

Iwantlessofme 03-24-2011 03:38 PM

Ya, I just saw the commercial and made sure to write it down so I could try it. I am looking forward to it.

Mindy

CarolynF 03-24-2011 07:48 PM

I forgot to look at WalMart today..:)

ritajs 03-24-2011 07:56 PM

I have have the mango peach and it's real good, it dosen't have that cooling taste that i can't stand. My next flavor i want to get is blueberry pomergrante.

ladybarometer 03-24-2011 08:15 PM

I got the peach tea and it was okay. If you don't put enough it taste funny I learned... I want to try the fruit punch next I think. I still prefer diet Snapple to anything though!

BeLove 03-25-2011 09:27 AM

I just saw this at Target yesterday and bought a couple. So far have tried the berry pomegranate flavor and I like it. Haven't tried the mango peach yet.