Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Video Vixen

Gallery: megananne
Stats: way too much/8 lbs down/just right
WOE: LC/workout 5-7 times/wk
Start Date: June 2009 - this time LC for life!!
iPhone users - best app for tracking carbs?

I've downloaded a couple of them, but I have not used them enough to tell if they'll be good. Thought I'd ask the experts here for any they've tested out and like.

I really think I need to track my food/carbs to make the scale keep moving down, and I figured this might be the most convenient way to do it...
megananne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BWYA
Stats: started 1 Jan 11: 272.6/243.0/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1 January 2011
i just use the ****** app because it's tied into my ****** account. not sure it's the best, but it works for me. it's free, of course.
BWYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ljguitar
Stats: 350++/under 240/wherever 30 net carbs a day leads
WOE: 30 net carbs a day or less...unclean eating
Start Date: August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by megananne View Post
I've downloaded a couple of them, but I have not used them enough to tell if they'll be good. Thought I'd ask the experts here for any they've tested out and like.

I really think I need to track my food/carbs to make the scale keep moving down, and I figured this might be the most convenient way to do it...
Hi Meg…
Which did you download?

I only count to 30 net carbs a day so a simple notebook program is all I need.

Are you aware of the program CarbFinder - it is basically the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference in iPhone/iPod/iPad form.

It's a very thorough database of carb and fiber counts without having to be online. It's $2.99 and I find it useful when out-n-about without a computer.

ljguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
I too have the ****** app- most useful to me because I have so many custom foods already stored. I also took a look at Lose It which seems pretty good to track weight food and exercise
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I use the *********** website to track my food and exercise, and use the *********** app because it links to my account there. It has a terrific database and is easy to use.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Littlelovely
Stats: 250/236/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2011
I've been using mynetdiary pro. I like it because it produces graphs of where you should be in your weightless journey if you've been staying on plan vs. Where you actually are. Also it has a pretty large and easy to sort through database. The only issue is I'm not sure how accurate it is in regards to hidden carbs, but since I keep them low enough it hasn't really hindered my weight loss yet.
Littlelovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BWYA
Stats: started 1 Jan 11: 272.6/243.0/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddailey320 View Post
I too have the ****** app- most useful to me because I have so many custom foods already stored. I also took a look at Lose It which seems pretty good to track weight food and exercise
I have Lose It, too. I don't use it much, but I keep it because their database is easier to search and they even have whataburger on there! I don't use it for anything other than the database, though, and then I (sometimes) use the info to make a custom food on ******
BWYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amundson
Stats: 285/164/155
WOE: Atkins (w/ Protein Power ideas also)
Start Date: April 2010
I have downloaded both "Low Carb Diet Assistant" by nanobit software and "Calorie Counter" by *********.com on my iPhone. I record my food, water, and weight in the Low Carb Diet Assistant because it has a nice feature where you can create reports that average your nutritional intake over time (days, weeks, or months). I record my weight and occasional notes about things like constipation or supplements taken in Calorie Counter. It has a feature where you can record journal entries. I think the ********* app is the better one, but I continue to use the Low Carb Diet Assistant because I like the reports. Both of them have access to nutrition databases when you look up foods, but the ********* app seems more complete.

BTW, I believe that recording my daily food intake is one reason I have been able to lose over 70 pounds. It is really valuable to be able to look at what you have eaten and see if the weight loss corresponds to the food eaten.

Susan
amundson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big_Al
Stats: Maintaining at 185ish
WOE: VLC (<15g per day)
Start Date: April 2010
Another LoseIt! user here ... found it the database easier to use. And once I set up the custom foods that weren't in there (which is easy), it was very easy to track what I eat.

But I like the website of MyPlate better but the iPhones app isn't as good as LoseIt!. Wish I could combine the two. And MyPlate has nearly every food imaginable (I go here when I can't find an entry in LoseIt!).
Big_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I have mynetdiary pro. I think it was free or close to it. I have LiveStrong also. It is good too but I haven't used it in a long time. I also have LoseIt, but I like MyFitDiary the best.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote