Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Anyone ever have weight loss dreams? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/704756-anyone-ever-have-weight-loss-dreams.html)

MissMelodie 01-06-2011 01:42 PM

Anyone ever have weight loss dreams?

I have never had a dream like this before. Last night I dreamed that I lost 130 pounds. It was so real and vivid, in my dream I felt what it was like to be thin. I was so happy and...carefree. It was unreal. I woke up elated thinking it was true. I looked down and realized it was a dream. My usual somber mood took over again.

I have been overweight for years. I started gaining weight 10 years ago and have gradually gotten bigger and bigger. This is my third REAL try at weight loss. I have a feeling that this time I just may do it. ;)

MissMelodie 01-06-2011 01:44 PM

Oh, and then in my dream I came here to LCF and posted all about it!! :laugh: I think I'm already addicted to this place :)

tybeeanna 01-06-2011 01:48 PM

Oh how COOL!!!! I don't dream as a rule, But what a trip into the future for you :)

stardustshadow 01-06-2011 01:51 PM

no, but I WANT ONE!!!

LJB 01-06-2011 01:53 PM

Yes, I dream that I am back into the 130's.

Praying it happens again IRL!

yvonne326 01-06-2011 01:54 PM

I dream a lot and in my dreams when I dream of myself I am always thin. I'm guessing my mentality is a thin girl in a larger body.

leeloo 01-06-2011 02:01 PM

I don't remember a dream specifically about my size, but the last time I was on LC for a long time (over a year at that point) I dreamed that I was at a hotel with a buffet, and I could magically eat all the carbs I wanted without any bad consequences!

I went to town on those carbs, and I could fully sense and taste every bite. That was a good dream :laugh:.

MissMelodie 01-06-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvonne326 (Post 14241084)
I dream a lot and in my dreams when I dream of myself I am always thin. I'm guessing my mentality is a thin girl in a larger body.

That is my mentality too. I wasn't always overweight so I remember what its like to be thin. I have always felt like a thin person trapped in a fat body. Sometimes I forget I am fat until I see myself in a mirror or a picture. And I always do a double take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeloo (Post 14241119)
I don't remember a dream specifically about my size, but the last time I was on LC for a long time (over a year at that point) I dreamed that I was at a hotel with a buffet, and I could magically eat all the carbs I wanted without any bad consequences!
I went to town on those carbs, and I could fully sense and taste every bite. That was a good dream :laugh:.

That's awesome I want that dream!! :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tybeeanna (Post 14241056)
Oh how COOL!!!! I don't dream as a rule, But what a trip into the future for you :)

Thats what I thought, like I had gone into the future. it was a little freaky. *twilight zone music*

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 14241068)
no, but I WANT ONE!!!

Well I am sure if you keep at it the dream can become your reality!! Thats what I am hoping for myself. Never give up. That is my motto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJB (Post 14241074)
Yes, I dream that I am back into the 130's.

Praying it happens again IRL!

You can do it!!! :)

I think the neatest part of this dream was my body was not perfect. It had imperfections yet I was happy anyway :) I don't want perfection. Just improvement.

E.W. 01-06-2011 10:47 PM

A friend of mine with a little problem with booze and food had a dream. He dreamed he made a ice cream float with beer!