Start Date: originally march 08 but every day is a fresh start
That's great!
sistertzu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Debbie84000
:(

Last edited by Debbie84000; 08-28-2013 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: For some reason it posted on wrong page!
Debbie84000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Debbie84000
Atkins Rash on Face/Arms

I have done a low-carb diet twice in the past and no matter how low my daily carb intake I never had an issue with a rash. This time I am having issues but did not start having a problem with a rash until last Thursday and I noticed a bumpy rash on my left cheek. By the next day it was an angry red rash with heat in it. On the third day it was also on my right cheek, though not as bad. By Monday of this week I had bumps on my upper arms as well and by yesterday my upper arms to just below the elbow had a red, hot, itchy rash on the. I now have this rash spreading to my upper back. The only thing I have done differently this time around is that on the Saturday before the rash started on Thursday, I bought some Atkins Low-Glycemic Impact Bars. I started putting some Neosporin eczema treatment on it and when I woke up yesterday morning the rash on my face looked much better (it occurred to me that the rash on my face does resemble yeast) and the heat was gone. By lunch time my cheeks were very red, inflamed and itching and so were my arms. It occurred to me that I started feeling worse after I ate an Atkins bar. I did not have one yesterday evening or this morning and although the rash is still there and does itch, it is not as inflamed today and there is no heat in it. I am wondering....do any of you eat the Atkins bars? I am thinking that there is something in them that I am allergic to.
Debbie84000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/204/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: Atkins 4/12 Nutritional Ketosis 1/13
Processed foods, no matter whose name is on the label, should always be suspect when dealing with a medical issue. Real, whole, unprocessed food is what you need.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skinni
I haven't had the rash, but I'll second eating raw garlic. It is like dropping a bomb in your intestines, it's awesome. And look up Femdophilus if you're having problems with yeast infections.
skinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3fatcats
Stats: 184/165/160 , 5'8" learn to maintain!
WOE: NK
Start Date: restart Nov 30th
I finally found out what my problem was....the lower in weight I get,the more mad and itchy I get!!! I tried stopping losing weight out of fear of the itching and the rash went way within days. I'm not sure if the body is dumping all the old stored up yuckies or my body is just reacting to something new, but MAN do I get itchy. Had to get some $45 presription steroid cream for it. It only calmed it for awhile- enough to sleep without making my skin bleed from scratching. Now I hve to get itchy again sinc I've been off plan. We'll see how bad it is this time.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Katrina_GQ
Stats: (266.3) 180/152/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (5/11/10) restart 9/15/13
Whenever my carb intake is too low, I get a rash.
Katrina_GQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
I get these kind of rashes after eating anything wheat derived. It takes a week or so to appear, but then it's really annoying. I get the eczema behind my ears mainly, but also on my scalp and face. It's horrible. This keeps me away from wheat, and helps me stick with my WOE.

I suggest getting your gut bacteria in balance by first dealing with potential candida by doing a candida elimination diet, and supporting good gut bacteria once the candida is under control by eating live cultured foods such as natural yogurt, any raw milk products, unpasteurised saurkraut and other fermented foods and drinking some ACV daily. Like many before me in this thread have said: stay away from anything processed. And I second the garlic! Eating a clove of raw garlic even 2 to 3 times a week will work really well.

Other supplements/foods/things that may help:

fermented cod liver oil
a very good probiotic supplement
vitamin C
grapefruit seed extract
oil of oregano
coconut oil
olive oil
butter
any kind of fat from pastured animals
diatomaceous earth
plenty of magnesium (I take a tablet at night and I made some body butter with magnesium salt which I use on my skin morning and night)
salt/ ACV baths
spirulina

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote