Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 06:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingbuff
Stats: 186/154.5/125
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: May 25, 2010
Dinner at Cheesecake Factory and STILL in ketosis! Woo!

My girlfriend and I took her mom out last night to the Cheesecake Factory for her birthday. If you've ever been there, you know the menu is HUGE! I tried as hard as I could to stay (what I thought) was on plan.

I had a steak diane/ chicken maiedra (?) something combo. It came with mashed potatoes, but I didn't eat them. Then I had a low-carb cheesecake slice for dessert. Good stuff! But I later found out JUST the cheesecake alone was something like 32g of carbs!

I thought I threw myself out of ketosis for sure just with that meal. However, this morning I tested on a ketostick, and I was still in "moderate" level! Woo! I guess I was just really low-carb earlier that day.

I fought the Cheesecake Factory and I won!

Don't waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.
Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.
Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
gettingbuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sassy_red
Stats: 230/192.2/145 - 5'8"
WOE: HCG/Simeon's Protocol
Start Date: 23 July '10 (R1P2) ~ 7 Sep '10 (R2P2)
Woohoo congrats! My favorite is the Santa Fe salad but between the beans and tortilla chips throughout I don't think I'll be able to have it except as a treat.

I didn't know they had a low-carb cheesecake! 32g though....how does that qualify as LC exactly?
sassy_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingbuff
Stats: 186/154.5/125
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: May 25, 2010
Well, it's "low carb" compared to their regular cheesecakes They do have low-carb cheesecakes though, a regular one, and one with whipped cream (sweetened with splenda) and strawberries. Both cheesecakes are listed as low carb on the menu. I think the carbs come from the crust they use. It's some kind of almond graham type crust or something. It was still REALLY good though.

Last edited by gettingbuff; 07-17-2010 at 09:08 AM..
gettingbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lowcarbie
Stats: 220/194/??????
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart again: 3/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingbuff View Post
My girlfriend and I took her mom out last night to the Cheesecake Factory for her birthday. If you've ever been there, you know the menu is HUGE! I tried as hard as I could to stay (what I thought) was on plan.

I had a steak diane/ chicken maiedra (?) something combo. It came with mashed potatoes, but I didn't eat them. Then I had a low-carb cheesecake slice for dessert. Good stuff! But I later found out JUST the cheesecake alone was something like 32g of carbs!

I thought I threw myself out of ketosis for sure just with that meal. However, this morning I tested on a ketostick, and I was still in "moderate" level! Woo! I guess I was just really low-carb earlier that day.

I fought the Cheesecake Factory and I won!
I LOVE THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY LOL!!! Ok, I had to just get that out LOL!!!! When I went with my boyfriend, I had an omelette with spinach, mushrooms and cheese and a side salad and diet coke and a slice of low carb cheesecake that I took home to eat and it was good!!!! I can't wait to go again, I wish the closest one wasn't 2 hours away!!!!!
lowcarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingbuff View Post
Well, it's "low carb" compared to their regular cheesecakes
And thank God for options LOL!!!! I don't feel deprived when I go there because I can still have dessert and not feel deprived!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
krb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krb
Stats: (313 all time high)255/ 226/ 170 I'm 5'10" & 32 yo
Start Date: this time 12-28-09
i had cheesecake factory yesterday too, for lunch. i had the bourbon street omlette and and a slice of lc cheesecake. the scale didn't exactly go down, but it didn't inspire insane cravings either. on a side note, i make lc cheesecake that tastes pretty much the same as that one, except with no crust and it doesn't have 32g of carbs per slice!
krb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb View Post
i had cheesecake factory yesterday too, for lunch. i had the bourbon street omlette and and a slice of lc cheesecake. the scale didn't exactly go down, but it didn't inspire insane cravings either. on a side note, i make lc cheesecake that tastes pretty much the same as that one, except with no crust and it doesn't have 32g of carbs per slice!
I know that's right, nothing is as good as low carb cheesecake made at home LOL!!! Or the cream cheese clouds I make at home too LOL!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
krb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krb
Stats: (313 all time high)255/ 226/ 170 I'm 5'10" & 32 yo
Start Date: this time 12-28-09
and it doesn't cost over six bucks a slice either!!! but still, lunching with the ladies was nice, and i would do it again.
krb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kat819
Stats: 263/227/163 5'9"
WOE: PaNu/very low carb
Start Date: 1st time 9/2003, third time's the charm 5/13/2010
I went there, had the lunch salmon with broccoli and asparagus and a salad and low carb cheescake and dropped two pounds the next day!: Never went out of ketosis, either! Whoo-hoo!
kat819 is offline   Reply With Quote