Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momw3ds
Olive Garden

We are going to Olive Garden tonight and I wondered if anyone had any advice on what I CAN eat. I thought about ordering whatever dish without the pasta or should I just get a salad?
momw3ds is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 177/168/150
WOE: Moderate LC - Atkins my way
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Do you eat salmon? Herb grilled salmon has 5 g carbs & 2 grams of fiber (3 grams of net carbs). Unfortunately it appears that's the only entree that remotely fits into a low carb WOE. Carrabas has a lot more options if you're able to go there instead.
atkinsgirlinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dBailey
Stats: 209/175/175
WOE: maintenance
There was a thread on here yesterday dealing with that issue...lots of good suggestions...I wasn't able to find it just now but it was here yesterday...take a look!
Dennis
dBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Emily-D
Stats: obese/healthy weight
WOE: 1992 Atkins (no grains, no soy)
Start Date: 3/1/04, Restart 4/22/10
Here it is.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ve-garden.html
Emily-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Obliana
Get the herb grilled salmon. If you don't like it too salty ask for thrm not to add the herbs.
Obliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katwhitts
Stats: 20/20/6
WOE: 30 carbs or less,1300-1600 cals
Start Date: July 2010
They love to make custom dishes for you I would order a grilled chicken breast with mozz. cheese melted on top of it. Marinara sauce on the side. And a side of broccolli. The salad is fine, you can also order is sans croutons and ranch dressing- which is very good BTW. I used to work there so I know all the little subs. you can make
katwhitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
The salad is fine as long as you dont eat the croutons. (the regular Olive Garden house dressing is 2 carbs per 2 tbsp serving... and they also have caesar dressing)
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momw3ds
Thanks for the tip that they like to make dishes. I will definatly try that next time.
momw3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kristina
Stats: 250/238.5/140
WOE: Weight Watchers online
Start Date: September 12 2014
found this on a low-carb website
($18 for a steak is a bit pricey to me)

Olive Garden on Low Carb / Atkins

I was really pleasantly surprised by the quality of healthy offerings at the Olive Garden Italian restaurant chain. There's more there than pasta!

First, appetizers. Yes, most appetizers in the world are breaded, so you can eat them with your fingers. Accept that and ignore those. You can have shrimp scampi for $8.95 or mussels at $7.75. There's also an unlimited salad for only $4.75! Salads are healthy for EVERYONE no matter what eating style you enjoy - so be sure to dig in. We had the mussels and they were mild but quite nice.

The salad was quite reasonable, with tomatoes, black olives, carrot bits and onions with the lettuce. Since it's never ending, you can really do quite well and fill up with healthy, fresh food.
On to the main dish. There are a number of grilled items - salmon with broccoli at $14.75, chicken marsala at $13.95. If you're in the mood for steak, try a Tuscan t-bone at $18.95. I highly recommend fish as filling and full of healthy oils.
The menu has a note - 'if you're watching carbs' to go for the whole wheat linguine. I was intrigued, as was my boyfriend - and we went for a pair of dishes involving grilled meats and the whole wheat linguine.The linguine tasted REALLY good - which made us question just how low carb this stuff was. Intriguingly, their website has hardly ANY nutritional information even though they push this substitution as healthy. Suspicious. I've written in and will let you know when they respond. I am guessing that it's not really low carb at all.But other than that, the wine list is great, and you really can eat quite delicious foods in a healthy manner, if you simply avoid the pasta. The environment is very comfy and nice, with wood accents, green plants, cloth seats and bright pottery. It's a wonderful place to enjoy a lunch or dinner.
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shunammite
Stats: 165/155/135
WOE: past Atkins, custom, now CAD
Start Date: this time April 2012
@Kristina - your sig is just hilarious lol thanks!

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."
- Stephen Wright
shunammite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kisha1976
Stats: 292/292/200
WOE: Low carb (currently induction)
Start Date: January 28, 2013
I JUST read on Dreamfield's Facebook page that if you bring Dreamfield's pasta to the Olive Garden, they'll prepare it for you.
Kisha1976 is offline   Reply With Quote