Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
Day after binge damage control

I did it again, I had a flat, full out 24 hour carb binge. It started with pancakes and fruit, then candy (not just a little) hotdogs with buns for lunch, ice cream cone from dairy queen, cookies, cupcakes, chocolate, double bubble and somehow managed to eat 3 slices of pizza for dinner after all that.
This morning I feel aweful, my stomach is bloated and mentally I can't stop beating myself up!
I can't eat this morning, I feel like I swallowed a basketball, so far I have just had my usual coffee with stevia. I think I will fast today, to allow my system time to cleanse (and because I can't fathem eating anything).
Any advise? Is using a sugar free fiber supliment okay? I really need to get my system moving again.

Also, some of you may know this some may not but I have been battling an eating disorder, however I have been doing very well, up to this point, and I would appreciate if nobody brings it up, mostly because it's extremely embarassing but also because I have been doing really well and I'm hoping I won't have to be labeled with it anymore.

:blush:

I'm so angry with myself
__________________
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
lisabinil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 18,018
Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Maybe now is not the time to restrict so severely but eat healthy nutritious foods? Scrambled eggs, broth etc-light meals that will nourish you but not tax your stomach.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
randomusername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 300
Gallery: randomusername
Stats: 162/137/120
WOE: Protein Power Lifeplan
Start Date: March 2010
My question is this: If you had read the information and determined that a LC Primal diet is something you embraced and could fit into your lifestyle, why would you eat all that stuff that goes directly against the whole idea of a Primal diet?
randomusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
MarcyDarcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Angelo, Texas
Posts: 1,661
Gallery: MarcyDarcy
Stats: 195/180/173 goal: 135 or maybe lower
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Hang in there girl! You're stronger than you think.
MarcyDarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!
 
NutinHonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 7,807
Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
My question is this: If you had read the information and determined that a LC Primal diet is something you embraced and could fit into your lifestyle, why would you eat all that stuff that goes directly against the whole idea of a Primal diet?
She is human.


Rebecca, if you don't feel like eating, then don't. Give your body time to digest what you had yesterday and drink plenty of water. I'd skip the fiber supplements and get some magnesium citrate to help your body flush out the excess.

Above all, realize your mistake, correct it, LEARN from it and move on. Don't beat yourself up. Start fresh tomorrow with something that is in line with your primal WOE.
NutinHonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 21,486
Gallery: wifey
Stats: goal is size 10
Today is a new day girl. Drink tons of water to flush your system and eat some yummy salad and veggies.
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Kisha1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 492
Gallery: Kisha1976
Stats: 292/292/200
WOE: Low carb (currently induction)
Start Date: January 28, 2013
Don't beat yourself up about it!
It's done, it's over, now just get back on track and move forward
Kisha1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
Do you know your CCLL?
 
2bflawless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: q
Posts: 2,856
Gallery: 2bflawless
Been there, Rebecca. The only thing that keeps that behavior in control is Atkins. I keep my carbs at a minimum and if I am hungry I eat plenty of fat and protein! If you dont feel like eating then don't but if you are hungry eat something on plan. I cant even eat too many veggies because it will trigger my urge to overeat or binge. You must stop obsessing about food and your weight. Keep telling yourself that this is not a option and if you cheat it could kill you. Because it can!
2bflawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
Hidden diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 83
Gallery: Hidden diva
Stats: 277/255.5/135
WOE: Whatever works for me!
Start Date: Jan 8, 2010
Stand yourself up and brush it off. You're a strong woman...and you messed up....
It's NOT the end of the world! Everyone does it in some way and they are liars if they say they don't! None of us would be here if that was the case.
Love yourself and don't let 1 detour define you. Keep pluggin along!
Hidden diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
TaDa!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,291
Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Fasting will just set you up for another binge in a day or two. In ED it is the binge-restrict-binge cycle.

You have to stop dieting. That is why you binged -- not because you ate too many vegetables, etc etc etc. You probably know that if you have ever undergone treatment for eating disorder.

I know how terrible it is to be in the middle of it. I am sorry you are going through this.



Pauline
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 43
Gallery: luv2walk
WOE: WATP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisha1976 View Post
Don't beat yourself up about it!
It's done, it's over, now just get back on track and move forward
This. All you can do is move on. No point in dwelling on what's done is done.
luv2walk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
randomusername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 300
Gallery: randomusername
Stats: 162/137/120
WOE: Protein Power Lifeplan
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutinHonie View Post
She is human.
My point was that maybe she should think about Primal eating and if it is really for her. There are lots of other eating patterns to follow. I just remember it was not to long ago she was making a grocery list and wanted opinions on that because she was just starting. If I had chosen a plan and so soon after had such a reaction that it caused the way outside of normal eating pattern she described- especially with her history- I would make sure I was really REALLY comfortable with the level of restriction Primal eating requires.

There are different levels of commitment to my plan one of which is the "Purist" approach which consists of a paleolithic diet comprised of only organic and free range foods. I tried it out for a day, knowing I wasn't going to stay at this level, but because I wanted to learn some things about myself.

By the end of the day, I wanted my butter, cheese, and coffee BADLY. It doesn't make me any lesser of a human being because I can't eat this way all the time. There are just things about me and my lifestyle that make that level of my plan something I am choosing not to do on a daily basis at this time. I do plan to add more days like this in because I think it is just plain neat to do it.

I just don't want the OP to feel such a high level of restriction that it really does harm. It doesn't have to be that way. She hasn't been on this plan long and maybe she said "I do" a little too soon. Sometimes you have to try on the hat to see if it fits. If it doesn't, there is nothing wrong with you or the hat. It probably looks great on someone else.
randomusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Looweewoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 5,328
Gallery: Looweewoo
Stats: 420/275/220 - 6'2"
WOE: Carnivore/T2 Diabetic
Start Date: Restart@350 09/17/09 The best is yet to come!
To me, the most important part of this WOE is recovering from a slip. We are all human, and therefore vulnerable to following urges we cannot understand nor control so the priority should be to return to plan as soon as possible.

What this means for you is that you want to be in ketosis as soon as possible. If that means fasting or a day of eating steak, do what it takes. I wouldn't do the fiber, because I know what it does to my intestines, but you have to make that choice yourself.

Read what you wrote about your sisters, that trying too hard to stay on a rigid course can hurt. The reason it hurts is that falling off usually means a long period of beating yourself up instead of getting right back on track. Accept that you can make mistakes and then correct them.

But most importantly, get back into ketosis...

Last edited by Looweewoo; 06-06-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Looweewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
Wow thanks everybody! I didn't think I would get so many responses so fast.
I know what caused the urge to binge, I want to the carnival with my son and little sister. That's why all this food was so readily available. It seemed like everybody else was eating it, I just got in a bad mindset.
BUT now I'm going to grab my water bottle, hit the bike trail and maybe when I get home a light meal will sound good.
Thanks for the uplifting responses and great advise, I feel like I just might live
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!
 
lisabinil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 18,018
Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMommy View Post
Wow thanks everybody! I didn't think I would get so many responses so fast.
I know what caused the urge to binge, I want to the carnival with my son and little sister. That's why all this food was so readily available. It seemed like everybody else was eating it, I just got in a bad mindset.
BUT now I'm going to grab my water bottle, hit the bike trail and maybe when I get home a light meal will sound good.
Thanks for the uplifting responses and great advise, I feel like I just might live

Good for you! Stay positive, stay focused and concentrated on healthy eating not restrictive eating!
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
My point was that maybe she should think about Primal eating and if it is really for her. There are lots of other eating patterns to follow. I just remember it was not to long ago she was making a grocery list and wanted opinions on that because she was just starting. If I had chosen a plan and so soon after had such a reaction that it caused the way outside of normal eating pattern she described- especially with her history- I would make sure I was really REALLY comfortable with the level of restriction Primal eating requires.

There are different levels of commitment to my plan one of which is the "Purist" approach which consists of a paleolithic diet comprised of only organic and free range foods. I tried it out for a day, knowing I wasn't going to stay at this level, but because I wanted to learn some things about myself.

By the end of the day, I wanted my butter, cheese, and coffee BADLY. It doesn't make me any lesser of a human being because I can't eat this way all the time. There are just things about me and my lifestyle that make that level of my plan something I am choosing not to do on a daily basis at this time. I do plan to add more days like this in because I think it is just plain neat to do it.

I just don't want the OP to feel such a high level of restriction that it really does harm. It doesn't have to be that way. She hasn't been on this plan long and maybe she said "I do" a little too soon. Sometimes you have to try on the hat to see if it fits. If it doesn't, there is nothing wrong with you or the hat. It probably looks great on someone else.
I actually knew what you meant, Primal is extrmely restrictive, also I blew more than half of my money for the months food on my weekly shopping buying organic only to have a fridge that appeared emty and lacking in my favorite foods. All these carby foods I engorged on only cost a little over a $20 bills, so yeah everybody is right, I did restrict too much, both in daily eating and in what I was eating. The carnival brough out a ravenous beast in me, feeling like I might starve to death (if not in lack of option then in literally running out of food).
I actually already took care of the problem (I hope!) by taking my last bit of money and buying bulk items like chicken thighs, canned veggies, and the condiments primal didn't allow. I think a lot contributed to the binge, and everybody is right. I appreciate all you're opinions!
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,420
Gallery: steady
Stats: 110/95 5'2
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: Feb 2007
Don't eat if you are not hungry, but don't not eat to make up for what happened yesterday. Be in the present.
steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
randomusername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 300
Gallery: randomusername
Stats: 162/137/120
WOE: Protein Power Lifeplan
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMommy View Post
I actually knew what you meant, Primal is extrmely restrictive, also I blew more than half of my money for the months food on my weekly shopping buying organic only to have a fridge that appeared emty and lacking in my favorite foods. All these carby foods I engorged on only cost a little over a $20 bills, so yeah everybody is right, I did restrict too much, both in daily eating and in what I was eating. The carnival brough out a ravenous beast in me, feeling like I might starve to death (if not in lack of option then in literally running out of food).
I actually already took care of the problem (I hope!) by taking my last bit of money and buying bulk items like chicken thighs, canned veggies, and the condiments primal didn't allow. I think a lot contributed to the binge, and everybody is right. I appreciate all you're opinions!
Oh no kidding. Our paleo ancestors ate this way for free. For us, it involves going to "Whole Paycheck" or ordering food from specialty suppliers. So unfair.

What's worked for me is a "middle of the road" approach similar to what you describe. I keep the paleolithic idea in my mind but I know what I can realistically do and what will cause me to go nuts. I say enjoy your mayo and chicken thighs if it keeps the high carb foods away.

I can not imagine many worse places for a LC dieter- especially on a paleo style diet- then a carnival or fair.
randomusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #19
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,555
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Rebecca-

You don't want ED mentioned, but in your original post, you ask about using a "fiber" laxative--using laxatives after a binge is typical ED behavior.

And the "primal" WOE isn't any more restrictive than most low carb eating plans. In fact, Mark advocates a much higher carb intake than Dr. Atkins, so I don't really understand how 'deprivation' enters into this. As I commented when you posted your primal grocery list, there was no indication that you had any idea what primal eating involved.

You should regard this incident for what it is--evidence that you have never addressed your problem adequately. You post here frequently making excuses, and when we suggest professional help, you disappear for a while and emerge with another eating issue.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
Redeemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Beautiful Minnesota, Land of over 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 2,289
Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Please seek professional help for your ED if you haven't done so already. You say you have been battling this ED. Perhaps you have sought professional help. If so, is there a plan that you and your counselor have for getting back on track? A back up plan for days like the one you mention might be a good idea. Also a trained professional that you can talk to on a regular basis will be able to recognize familiar patterns (and teach you to recognize familiar patterns) that have the propensity to set you up for a fall.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-06-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!
 
lisabinil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 18,018
Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
If you go to Mark Sisson's site there are many recipes available and he also has a cookbook for sale. He recommends carbs from 50-100 to lose and 150 to maintain. Since you are close to maintaining you have plenty of carbs available for variety on this plan.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lori121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,302
Gallery: lori121
Stats: Jan 232.5/203/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 6, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
My question is this: If you had read the information and determined that a LC Primal diet is something you embraced and could fit into your lifestyle, why would you eat all that stuff that goes directly against the whole idea of a Primal diet?
I think most of us have done the same thing. I know I have..

Good for you for getting right back on the LC wagon.
lori121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 557
Gallery: mirchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Rebecca-

You don't want ED mentioned, but in your original post, you ask about using a "fiber" laxative--using laxatives after a binge is typical ED behavior.

And the "primal" WOE isn't any more restrictive than most low carb eating plans. In fact, Mark advocates a much higher carb intake than Dr. Atkins, so I don't really understand how 'deprivation' enters into this. As I commented when you posted your primal grocery list, there was no indication that you had any idea what primal eating involved.

You should regard this incident for what it is--evidence that you have never addressed your problem adequately. You post here frequently making excuses, and when we suggest professional help, you disappear for a while and emerge with another eating issue.
I agree with Leo. There is a bigger issue here than eating off plan or bingeing for a day. I have been reading your posts and it has been oscillating between starvation and bingeing. Please seek help. Sometimes we all need some help to get us focused...that's all.
mirchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
PracticingMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 587
Gallery: PracticingMind
Stats: 162/150/130, 5'7''
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: lost count...
Hey - I don't know much about eating disorders, counseling, etc. But from my long history of binging and restricting, here is what helped me - read Good Calories/Bad Calories if you haven't already. Mark Sisson also recommends reading this book. In it, Taubes talks about how that ravenous, out-of-control hunger is physiological reaction of the body, which is caused by a high level of insulin in the blood, which is caused by carbs. (That's an oversimplification - the real story is complicated and fascinating.)

So, when you eat one carby thing (or have an insulin rush for a myriad of reasons - coffee, adrenaline, it's different for each of us), you set yourself up for a real and terrible hunger that just gets worse the more carby things you eat. Cycle. Binge binge binge. You can't say no to it - hunger is one of the most powerful drives in human nature, and if the body thinks it's starving, Girl you gonna eat! It's like deciding that you'll stop breathing. Okay... you can try...

Not "I'm a weak person for binging, my appetite is too big, I'm lazy and gluttonous, etc."

Instead "My body is having a chemical reaction that results in too many hunger signals being sent to my brain."

That book really helped me take the psychology out of dieting and start using science as a tool to make decisions about what to put in my mouth.
PracticingMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
harleychic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 630
Gallery: harleychic
Stats: 174 (hw) 160/150/135 5'4
WOE: Atkins 72, clean eating no frankenfoods
Start Date: 5/3/08, re-start after baby #3 born on 3/22/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
My question is this: If you had read the information and determined that a LC Primal diet is something you embraced and could fit into your lifestyle, why would you eat all that stuff that goes directly against the whole idea of a Primal diet?
Because we all make mistakes. One day does not undo all the good work, or mean you 'believe' that cupcakes are good for you.


Don't Be so hard on yourself Hot mama!! Yesterday is gone, just go right back on your plan and you will be fine. Some people binge for weeks after giving in. Put it behind you.
harleychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
sj76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central NY
Posts: 214
Gallery: sj76
Stats: 150/120/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/28/10
First here is a hug Second,we are all imperfect,we mess up. So now it's over,you realize your mistake, move on ,let it go. Today is another day. I agree that you probably were too restrictive in your diet. Go shopping,get some flax meal and make something yummy like hot chocolate flax cereal w/cream. Buy some low carb ketchup and salsa etc. This should not be a diet but a way of eating.Food should be good Sue
sj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
randomusername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 300
Gallery: randomusername
Stats: 162/137/120
WOE: Protein Power Lifeplan
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleychic View Post
Because we all make mistakes.
And some people make the mistake of choosing Atkins, or Protein Power, or Primal Blueprint when that is not the program that is right for them.

There are issues at play here more than just she "ate off plan" for one day. I would like to see the OP work through her issues and find the plan that is right for her. She has posted that she has taken steps to include some foods that, while off plan, are things she needs to include to avoid something very very unhealthy- as in putting her life at risk.

You wouldn't tell an alcoholic that his night of binge drinking was just a "mistake" we "all make". There are deeper issues going on there- for that alcoholic it is VASTLY different from you or I going out one night and having a few too many. That alcoholic doesn't just "quit drinking". He or she has to learn a whole new set of behaviors and analyze past behaviors in order to keep from slipping back into active addiction. There are no "cheats" or "I'll just have a sip of beer on my anniversary."

Having seen more than my fair share of individuals take the path from addictive and/or destructive behaviors to recovery/wellness I recognize getting help is a big step for most people. What I read in these posts is not a woman who doesn't care about herself and wants to remain sick. Recovery is a process and often a very long process.
randomusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #28
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
peachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WindyCity
Posts: 1,064
Gallery: peachy
Stats: 213/164/150
Start Date: Too Long Ago
I've suffered from bullimia andanorexia and I've been to the doctors and I can tell you the two truths I fight with everyday. Food is just food. I am good enough. Maybe these aren't the truths that trouble you, but they are mine. Help is good.
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
I actually haven't gotten any professional help for my ED, infact almost nobody knows about it. Coming on to this board and saying "I have an eating disorder" is such a big step for me, until very recently I would never say anything like that. I wouldn't even think it. It's still embarassing. I'm alot older than the average girl with an eating disorder, as an adult I should know better.
I hate worring so much about what I eat, what I should eat or what I just ate, etc. but it's like I can't help it...
I have the address of two clinics I carry in my wallet, some day on my way to some random place I'll find myself in front of the building...at least that's what I'm hoping.
The only thing keeping me from walking through those doors at this moment is too much pride.
I know I should get help and I am working on it.
With all that said...
I am very greatful for the support I have found within this forum, things could be a lot worse if I had nowhere to go and open up at all.
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!
 
Redeemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Beautiful Minnesota, Land of over 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 2,289
Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Well, you're very brave for coming on this board and "opening up". You should be commended for that. I think you would be surprised at the number of people in their 30's and older who have eating disorders. You mentioned on another post you only had 300 calories a day for a month. That plus a history of binging and laxatives puts you in danger of losing your life. Please forsake your pride and seek help.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-06-2010 at 06:25 PM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.