Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PugLvr760
Start Date: June 2010
Carb Withdrawal?

OK - so I'm learning as much as I can. I've started lc-ing (just a few days), and so far it is good. However, there are a few things happening with me that have me wondering if they are withdrawal type symptoms.

I am a reforming carb-o-holic, that I FREELY admit. Today I was EXHAUSTED. Couldn't stop yawning, couldn't focus, just wanted to put my head down my desk and sleep. Also, lately, I've had pain in my, um, er, breast. I KNOW, its weird. But then I had a carb binge and it went away. I don't understand it. It makes no sense. Also noticing break outs around - on my face and chest, even some other areas on my skin.

So - I'm just wondering. Anyone else have "withdrawal" symptoms? Any suggestions on what I might do to help get over this?

Thanks!
PugLvr760 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
what eating plan are you on? Not sure how to answer,Induction Flu?
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #3

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
Haven't had those symptoms, no. But in general, I think people's bodies will throw all sorts of little hissy fits when they try to change major habits like this. I think it's best to soldier through and your body will probably soon get the idea it's little tricks won't work and stop it.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I only get sore breasts around TOM... and when I was pregnant. Some people report having had breakouts when they "detoxed" from carbs (also something I get when hormones change... you sure you're not ready for your time of the month, a.k.a. TOM?). The tiredness is normal for the first couple-few days of induction. Refer to the new Atlkins book for more information on how to combat that.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:30 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gina1
Stats: 193/current 180/goal weight 140
Start Date: starting right now
i get the sore breasts too. i'm not sure what it is. i get like stabbing/shooting pains. i have very large breasts. maybe thats why????
gina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: micheleredit
Stats: 153/142/105
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Day one recommitting back 11/16/14
When you are withdrawing from carbs you basically feel like you have the flu. Sore muscles, fatigue all the time, I had bad carb cravings that were intense for a week. It was hard for me to do anything that week but just get my 8 hours of work in and come home and sleep on the couch the rest of the day.
I hope you feel better soon!!!
micheleredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
Old Wise One

Gallery: jezzie
Stats: choosing to be scale-free;
WOE: (48% C; 33% Fat; 19% P; )
Start Date: 11/22/11 - MediterrAsian, Flexitarian, Oz-ish
Sorry.

Had no symptoms at all.
jezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: KrisA
Stats: 160/120/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/21/08
I only get slight induction flu. I get a little achey and drowsey BUT for a couple of days I can lick the paint off the walls I get so hungry and NOTHING seems to fill me up.

It will pass.

k
KrisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugLvr760 View Post
OK - so I'm learning as much as I can. I've started lc-ing (just a few days), and so far it is good. However, there are a few things happening with me that have me wondering if they are withdrawal type symptoms.
Today I was EXHAUSTED. Couldn't stop yawning, couldn't focus, just wanted to put my head down my desk and sleep. Also, lately, I've had pain in my, um, er, breast. I KNOW, its weird. But then I had a carb binge and it went away. I don't understand it. It makes no sense. Also noticing break outs around - on my face and chest, even some other areas on my skin.

So - I'm just wondering. Anyone else have "withdrawal" symptoms? Any suggestions on what I might do to help get over this?

Thanks!
Had all this, plus some! Couldn't sleep, noticed more hair in my brush, was antsy, annoyed easily and very weepy. It all went away during the 2nd week of strict LCing. Then I felt like a million bucks and never looked back!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Nov 2011
The first time I LC'd, I had the sore BB thing too. It really freaked me out, as I became convinced I was pregnant -- and I was in college, so not really on my list of things to do! I wasn't. But I think (just my theory here) that the soreness could be due to estrogen release from the cells as weight loss occurs. Don't quote me on that!
LeahGraceG is offline   Reply With Quote