Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   What to do for chocolate craving? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/675761-what-do-chocolate-craving.html)

ellenalesa 05-22-2010 05:15 PM

What to do for chocolate craving?

Sometimes I can use a chocolate protein shake. Sometimes I just want chocolate. Anyone have any suggestions that won't totally blow my diet?

Thanks.

micheleredit 05-22-2010 05:16 PM

Whipped cream and cocoa??? I'm about to make some up myself!!!

Sammyann 05-22-2010 05:40 PM

check out the candies section of the recipie forum. I love the LC peanut butter cups!

micheleredit 05-22-2010 05:47 PM

I just an amazing dessert. Whipped cream, cocoa, vanilla and splenda. Whip it all together and I am serious it tastes like a candy bar yummmm!!!!!!

dartstar1 05-22-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenalesa (Post 13509518)
Sometimes I can use a chocolate protein shake. Sometimes I just want chocolate. Anyone have any suggestions that won't totally blow my diet?

Thanks.

See you are just newish to this I wuld go with the whipped cream with cocoa and splenda or what I do is to a whole pint of HWC and 1/2 cup of 1/2 and 1/2 I add 1/2 package of the chocolate fudge sf pudding and whipp it up

charlielou 05-22-2010 06:22 PM

coconut bark

wildcatome 05-22-2010 06:29 PM

Coconut bark is wonderful stuff! I also sometimes concoct quick little treats like unsweetened bakers chocolate, cream, peanut butter & splenda melted together.
Cream, baking cocoa & splenda whipped together makes a wonderful little mousse like desert. Experiment!

Tonedbody 05-22-2010 06:36 PM

I just made a 2 minute muffin (twice the ingredients of a one minute muffin and microwaved for 2 minutes LOL) with nut flour and cocoa powder tastes just like chocolate cake.

Next time I will make icing or top it with whipped cream. I can't believe how great it tasted. I used butter instead of oil in the recipe. The consistency and everything is just like cake, it is superb!!!

I think it was

1/2 cup hazelnut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. Stevia
1 tbsp. xylitol
2 tsp. Cocoa
2 eggs
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp macadamia nut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

I wasn't able to finish eating it because it was so filling so I am saving the other half of it for tomorrow. Not induction friendly but yummy and still fairly low carb. This is so simple and easy I can't talk it up enough

Joy-FL 05-22-2010 06:50 PM

I generally have chocolate. Super super dark chocolate.

micheleredit 05-22-2010 07:35 PM

It all sounds amazingly delish!!

momof9 05-22-2010 07:53 PM

i make low carb chcolate icing... 1 stick butter(soft) 1/2 cup splenda 1/4 cup cocoa.. 2 oz unswet. chocolate (melted) 2/3 heavy whipping cream.. 1 tsp vanilla (mix cream and melted chocolate together then add other ingredients and beat until smooth. it is for a whole bean cake so it will last forever. i will get a spoon full at a time and it is great for pms chocolate cravings.

tulipsandroses 05-22-2010 07:53 PM

chocolate minute muffin

lisabinil 05-22-2010 07:54 PM

Try a product called Stevita Chocolate Delight-I add it to Almond Breeze lattes, yogurts anywhere I want a chocolate taste.

Ilpirata 05-22-2010 08:05 PM

I'll do the 100 calorie dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe's. Not the milk, the DARK.

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per Serving
Calories

Calories from Fat 72.0
Fat 8.0
Carbohydrate 7.0
Fiber 1.0

This fits just fine into my WOE as long as I only eat one LOL. In all honesty I haven't bought any or any nuts or any nut butter in a long time!

I am a huge fan of dessert tea too and have a chocolate raspberry that is great with some 1/2 and 1/2 and AS

ljguitar 05-22-2010 08:33 PM

Hi ellen…
Unsweetened Chocolate Almond milk (which I sweeten with my favorite non-sugary sweetener).

We like it as hot chocolate, as Chia faux-tapioca pudding (making the gel directly in the almond milk while it is still at room temp). We like it in smoothies, and it can even be drunk as chocolate milk. It's only 2 net carbs per 8 oz cup.

I also keep a little sugar-free chocolate candy (Russell Stovers, Simply Lite and Asher's). I like chocolate almond bars, peanut butter cups, truffles and chocolate covered carmel. I realize some don't like alcohol-sugars, but they don't affect me, and I have maybe 1 or 2 pieces of the candy every 3-4 weeks. I can quit with just one or two.

I also like Coconut Bark (refrigerator candy).

afuentes 05-22-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenalesa (Post 13509518)

Thanks.

I love dark chocolate once in a while. I also love the Oh Yeah! Bars. They have different flavors and the small 190 calorie ones. My favorites are the Almond Fudge Cake, Vanilla Toffee Fudge, and Cookie Chocolate Crunch. Yum.

Also I love having a tbsp of almond butter and for some reason that helps with chocolate cravings too. Go figure. Maybe it is just the fat.

JKat 05-23-2010 02:36 AM

I just had brownies made with soy black beans. I shocked when it tasted just like a brownie. Peeps are talking about a black bean chocolate cake over in the recipes section. In that thread their is a recipe for black soy bean brownie. I am shocked that it taste as good as it does and it is only 2carbs. A great chocolate fix

clanger 05-23-2010 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joy-FL (Post 13509763)

So do I, Joy-FL :cool:. I normally have a couple of squares of the Lindt 90% cocoa stuff, which I keep in the fridge, with an espresso and cream.

You can't beat the mouth-feel of real chocolate, and it's delicious with the hot coffee!

Steve Parker 05-23-2010 02:47 AM

I eat Lindt dark chocolate 85% cacao. A serving (small) has roughly 6-7 g of digestible carb. Many high potency dark chocolates have more carbs, so you have to read the label and do the calculation.

It's so bitter that my wife and daughter won't eat it. But I like it.

-Steve

Lisa46 05-23-2010 03:38 AM

I am so grateful--I never even GET chocolate cravings anymore. :kicking: I do sometimes have sort of a generic craving and a Tbsp of raw almond butter always makes me feel better! Lindt 85% is my favorite chocolate tho!

clanger 05-23-2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa46 (Post 13510153)
I am so grateful--I never even GET chocolate cravings anymore. :kicking: I do sometimes have sort of a generic craving and a Tbsp of raw almond butter always makes me feel better! Lindt 85% is my favorite chocolate tho!

I just love the Lindt chocolate too (normally get the 85% or 90%).

I don't know any other brand which has the same, thin, bar as Lindt. The way the chocolate square just snaps off is perfect. The other bars seem to be thick and chunky, which doesn't suit the way in which you would generally eat and savour a more dark, bitter, chocolate.

Lindt all the way :up:!

vli1127 05-23-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joy-FL (Post 13509763)

I have the 70% or higher stuff on hand, but it is so bitter that it doesn't cure my cravings. Now, coconut bark or the Chocolate Lava Cake aka OMM, does.

SoHappy 05-23-2010 12:37 PM

I don't know what food plan you are on or whether you eat artificial sweeteners, but...

One thing I liked was to fix a package of sugar free chocolate pudding, WITH an extra teaspoon of cocoa powder mixed into it, and made with about a quarter less milk than the recipe called for. I always just used the instant pudding mix in the boxes.

Once the pudding had set up pretty good, I'd line a cookie sheet with non-stick Reynolds foil, and then drop little *blobs* of the pudding onto it, trying to make the blobs stand up to a point a little bit, like Hershey's Kisses.

Then I'd FREEZE them! Yummy little chocolate morsels to smoosh around in your mouth for some chocolate goodness when you need a bit of a sweet treat and refuse to break your diet. :D

clackley 05-23-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa46 (Post 13510153)

Same here - no more cravings. At Christmas I had the 90% Lindt and it claims 4 carbs per 3 squares. Not sure I believe it and would only have 2 at a time - just in case.

cactusflower 05-23-2010 01:55 PM

New here- Will someone please post the recipe for the whipped cream concoction?

buggystyle 05-23-2010 02:15 PM

Something I recently made and I think it came from this site about 7 years back...
1 pkg cream cheese, 7 packets splenda or sweetener of your choice, and 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder. I usually put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes and then eat. yummm

Tori 05-23-2010 02:19 PM

the whipping cream with wonder cocoa and a few drops of EZ-Sweetz is good.... the coconut bark is yummy, I add unsweetened shredded coconut and a bit of chopped pecans to mine.... I've only made it twice but wow, it's really good.... Netrition has chocoperfection bars...

Low Carb Specialties ChocoPerfection Bars

can't weight 05-23-2010 04:18 PM

just subscribing- on a prolonged induction but can't wait to try some of these recipes!

ellenalesa 05-23-2010 05:39 PM

Thanks!

Made some fudge. It was good. Next time I'll make it thicker.

The whipped cream thing sounds good, as does the cream cheese.

I'll have to experiment.

I'm hoping to eventually lose my cravings, but I'm not there yet.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! You helped me stay on program, and I was struggling there for awhile. The fudge really helped me out today.

ellenalesa 05-23-2010 05:39 PM

How ARE those chocoperfection bars? I read about them somewhere else. Worth getting?