LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aguamenti22
Stats: 238/195/180
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 05/13/10
WHY AM I SO TIRED? I FEEL EXHAUSTED...

TODAY IS MY 5TH DAY ON INDUCTION. I HAVE BEEN DOING VERY WELL STICKING TO THE PLAN AND LOGGING EVERYTHING I EAT ON *********.COM

I HAVE HAD MORE ENERGY SINCE I STARTED, BUT TODAY I AM SOOOOOO TIRED. I FEEL EXHAUSTED LIKE I CANT EVEN TAKE ANOTHER STEP.
I HAVE DONE MY USUAL ROUTINE NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY AND ACCORDING TO MY FAT SECRET I HAVE EATEN ABOUT 10 CARBS TODAY.
I ALREADY ATE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH AND I WAS FEELING PRETTY WEAK AND TIRED SO I ATE 1 OZ OF CREAM CHEESE.

I HAVE BEEN DRINIKING ALOT OF WATER.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME? WHY DO I FEEL LIKE THIS?
aguamenti22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
If you reread your copy of Atkins it explains about Induction flu. It will pass but in the meantime if you are not over your carb limit-try a salad or some Induciton friendly veggies.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
If you reread your copy of Atkins it explains about Induction flu. It will pass but in the meantime if you are not over your carb limit-try a salad or some Induciton friendly veggies.
I HAVE BEEN RE-READING THE BOOK BUT I HAVENT FINISHED IT. I READ SOMEWHERE ON HERE THAT THE "INDUCTION FLU" WAS ONLY LIKE THE FIRST 3 DAYS AND SINCE IM ON MY 5TH DAY I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS NORMAL. I GUESS IT IS, ILL JUST PUSH THROUGH IT.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tidalwaves
WOE: Low Carb
Hi Agua

A lot of times people who are in the induction stage of the Atkins diet experience vitamin deficiency because most vegetables and fruits aren't allowed quite yet. Try a multivitamin suited for your age range and you should feel better.

Also, I'll tell you how I've had success with the Atkins Diet. I skipped the induction stage. It was too extreme, and because I had a low preference for sugars anyway it worked for me.
Tidalwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

THANKS TIDALWAVES I THINK I HAVE A MULTIVITAMIN HERE SOMEWHERE

AND HOW HAVE YOU BEEN FEELING SKIPPING INDUCTION? ARE YOU LOSING WEIGHT?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironic44
Stats: 260/210/199
WOE: low carb between 20 and 30 + exercise
Start Date: Feb 15 2010
Sometimes induction flu last longer than 3 days.....you will have alot more energy soon.
ironic44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tidalwaves
WOE: Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguamenti22 View Post
THANKS TIDALWAVES I THINK I HAVE A MULTIVITAMIN HERE SOMEWHERE

AND HOW HAVE YOU BEEN FEELING SKIPPING INDUCTION? ARE YOU LOSING WEIGHT?
Well I haven't updated my stats on the left there, but I am down to 145 lbs now. I skipped the induction because when you start your ongoing maintainence plan, you don't really know how many carbs you can have to keep losing weight and how many carbs make you feel sluggish and just too crowded in the belly. By doing the Atkins plan backwards, I can just cut the carbs where I need to. I started doing Atkins by changing two meals to low carb (usually lunch and supper) and keeping the other meal for whatever carb that I want in moderation. I don't count, but I keep my eye open when I grab portion sizes out of the pan. I speculate that more or less 50 carb count is where I feel I'm at my best, not sleepy, and keeping the pounds coming off. Though it very well may be different for you. For example today I was craving a pb&j (old habits are old memories sometimes!), so I left out the jelly and made a whole grain peanut butter sandwich. For lunch I was still full of energy from the bread that I just ate a can of green beans cooked with a few slices of bacon. For dinner I boiled a cabbage and ate some leftover grilled chicken but added some oregano and parmasan cheese. Delicious and filling. I wasn't shy about the helping of cabbage either

Another tip is, I don't rely on Atkins Bars to settle my sweet craving. If it's one thing I've learned from dieting and few years of cooking as a whole, fancy products won't make your life any better. I say that everytime I think about buying a box. It'll keep your wallet fat, and your waist line thin.

Last edited by Tidalwaves; 05-18-2010 at 06:55 PM..
Tidalwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jamiernd2
Stats: BIG
WOE: <20
becareful of drinking to much water!!!
you could be flushing out all of your good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jamiernd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #9

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
Research has shown that the feeling you have is coming from low sodium. Sodium is flushed out of the body with all that initial water weight loss. They now recommend drinking two cups of bouillon a day while eating 20 grams of carbs or less, unless you have a medical condition that prevents that. Even then, you need more salt.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eesabella
Stats: 194.5/184.4/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 31, 2010
I felt completely drained for at least a week. I happened to start a week before my TOM and wonder if that may have contributed to my Atkins flu lasting longer. Either way, I was worn out by lunch time and would come home and go to sleep around 7pm and not wake up until morning! After that week (or longer, I can't remember exactly), I got energy back and haven't had that problem anymore!
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

THANKS EVERYONE!
ILL KEEP HANGING IN THERE AND MAYBE EAT A LITTLE MORE SALT.
I APPRECIATE EVERYONES HELP!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalwaves View Post
Well I haven't updated my stats on the left there, but I am down to 145 lbs now. I skipped the induction because when you start your ongoing maintainence plan, you don't really know how many carbs you can have to keep losing weight and how many carbs make you feel sluggish and just too crowded in the belly. By doing the Atkins plan backwards, I can just cut the carbs where I need to. I started doing Atkins by changing two meals to low carb (usually lunch and supper) and keeping the other meal for whatever carb that I want in moderation. I don't count, but I keep my eye open when I grab portion sizes out of the pan. I speculate that more or less 50 carb count is where I feel I'm at my best, not sleepy, and keeping the pounds coming off. Though it very well may be different for you. For example today I was craving a pb&j (old habits are old memories sometimes!), so I left out the jelly and made a whole grain peanut butter sandwich. For lunch I was still full of energy from the bread that I just ate a can of green beans cooked with a few slices of bacon. For dinner I boiled a cabbage and ate some leftover grilled chicken but added some oregano and parmasan cheese. Delicious and filling. I wasn't shy about the helping of cabbage either

Another tip is, I don't rely on Atkins Bars to settle my sweet craving. If it's one thing I've learned from dieting and few years of cooking as a whole, fancy products won't make your life any better. I say that everytime I think about buying a box. It'll keep your wallet fat, and your waist line thin.
THATS AWESOME THAT YOURE HAVING SUCCESS WITH YOUR PLAN!

THANKS FOR THE TIPS ON THE BARS I WAS WONDERING IF THEY TASTED GOOD BUT IVE SEEN THE BOXES AND THE CARB COUNTS ARE HUGE. LOTS OF SUGAR ALCOHOLS I GUESS AND CHEMICALS
Old 05-19-2010, 03:47 AM   #13

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguamenti22 View Post
THANKS EVERYONE!
ILL KEEP HANGING IN THERE AND MAYBE EAT A LITTLE MORE SALT.
I APPRECIATE EVERYONES HELP!!!
Increase in salt in generally recommended for leg cramps due to the diuretic nature of a lc diet. There is a section on Induction in the book where Dr. A writes no one should feel ill on Induction and recommends increasing your carbs a bit with Induction friendly veggies such as a salad or some cooked veggies.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Arubabound10
Stats: 144/138.5/120
WOE: LC/ Love Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2011
How about a cup of chicken broth? I just recently read that somewhere, maybe the New Atkins Book Goodluck.
Arubabound10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #15

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
Start Date: April 2, 2003
WELCOME - you've started on the right foot - and you are already logging in your food - that will really help you along the way! Great habit to get into! Hang in there. Read the book....you are gonna do great! You've gotten lots of great tips so far.

One more: It's hard to read when you type everything in ALL CAPS!
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlsNCuffs View Post
WELCOME - you've started on the right foot - and you are already logging in your food - that will really help you along the way! Great habit to get into! Hang in there. Read the book....you are gonna do great! You've gotten lots of great tips so far.

One more: It's hard to read when you type everything in ALL CAPS!
REALLY? LOL! I never thought it was hard to read. im just too lazy to capitalize every first word in every sentence!!!

p.s your stats are amazing!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cathy77533
Start Date: started again 4/12/2010
My induction flu lasted almost two weeks!!

I was so sick, tired, and weak!

Once that passes, your GREAT to go!!
cathy77533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #18

Gallery: fawn
If you don't want to increase your carbs for higher minerals, you can simmer some seaweed like kombu in a chicken broth.

Once keto-adaptation kicks in, you should feel better.
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote