Terms of Service - Policy Modification
LowCarbFriend's Terms of Service states that "Unauthorized advertising or promotion of products and/or services OF ANY KIND is strictly prohibited." The reason for this rule is to prohibit anyone from promoting or advertising any products or services. This rule applied whether you mentioned a company by name or whether you provided a link to it. Neither was allowed.
In an effort to emphasize LCF's supportive environment, LCF management has decided to relax our Terms of Service as it relates to mentioning other companies. Although links are still not allowed unless they are informational or educational (as stated in the ToS), effective immediately we will begin allowing members to MENTION other companies. For example, members can now say "I purchased this scale at Amazon". However, members would not be allowed to provide a link to the scale on Amazon's site.
In a nutshell ...
What LCF members CAN do:
1. You can MENTION the NAME of the company where you purchased a product. For example, you can say "I got a great deal on chocolate at Walmart." or "Macy's is having a sale on shoes" or "Check out Stonyfield Farm for yogurt coupons." (Exceptions apply - See below.)
What LCF members CANNOT do:
1. You cannot provide a link to another web site unless it is strictly informational / educational with no sales or minimal advertising. Do not post, do not send a private message, and do not disguise the spelling of the site url. If you are unsure whether a link is allowed, contact us and ask before you post it.
2. You cannot advertise or promote products and/or services OF ANY KIND, regardless of whether you have a financial interest in it or not.
3. You cannot circumvent the rules by typing "dot com" with a company name.
4. You cannot post email addresses, physical addresses or phone numbers.
5. You cannot post where to find products or services if the product or service may be considered illegal. Our ToS states "any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, result in civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law is prohibited."
6. You cannot post about any company who would be considered a competitor of Netrition. Low Carb Friends is offered free of charge to users through the support from the site Sponsor, Netrition.com. If you are unsure whether a company is a competitor, contact us and ask before you post it.
7. You cannot link to any commercial, business, or group Facebook pages. Pinterest pages are also not allowed. [Edited: 2/27/14]
a) This policy modification is NOT retroactive. If, in the past, you received a warning for violating the LCF Terms of Service because you promoted online products and services, you will NOT have that warning reversed now that we have relaxed our policy. Please do not ask us to do so.
b) Also, as stated in our ToS, our Administrators and Moderators make the final decisions on what is deemed acceptable and unacceptable. If your post was edited or deleted, please accept it as we do not have time to send you a detailed explanation.
We hope you welcome this announcement as LCF continues to strive for a safe and supportive environment for all LCF members.
You can read the LCF Terms of Service at Low Carb Friends Terms of Service (TOS).
Admins and Moderators have reported seeing an increase in Terms of Service violations regarding unauthorized advertising or promotion of products and/or services. With the upcoming holidays, I thought it would be a good time to remind everyone of LCF's Terms of Service.
Please re-read the above post. Most importantly, I would like to point out that members should not link to sales sites in their posts or send sales site information in Private Messages as these are a violation of our ToS. Thank you.
While we recognize how eager some members are to show their before and after photos, we must caution you to be very careful (and discreet) when posting photos of yourself. We've had some recent complaints about members posting photos of themselves in their underwear, and photos that clearly revealed too much skin. Please remember that not only is this a public web site, but it is visited by members of all ages. At their discretion, Admins will delete any questionable photos.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 PM.|