Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zeppe
Stats: 202/202/135
WOE: Atkins <25 carbs
Start Date: 1/12/13
I love reading every else's stories. It's very encouraging and it helps to realize how similar we all are in our struggles.
Zeppe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell1234 View Post
Good morning all! I did go out and get my groceries yesterday and I am ready to begin induction this morning!! I know the first few days will be hard. But I am ready to give it my all.
Great news kellbell!!! Im gladyou took the first step to start induction.....

So how did your first day go? Would you like to share your first day with us? Im so very proud of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieCakes View Post
Bring it on Kellbell!! As a fellow Minnesotan, I know we can do this!! Spring is almost here so the timing is impeccable. Good job with the grocery shopping to kick it off. When I started, I had 2 packs of ground turkey in the freezer LOL!! You're going to do well on this woe I know it.

Alan you're kicking MAJOR butt, good luck with the weigh in tomorrow!!

Hope everyone wakes up today with motivation in their hearts and LC foods in their minds and bellies!

Angie.....You have got the spirit!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppe View Post
I love reading every else's stories. It's very encouraging and it helps to realize how similar we all are in our struggles.

Its is very encouraging to see eveyones posts. Just to be able to be here for everyone!!!! Its wonderful!!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
I'm kinda scared what the scale will say in the morning, but I'm going to get on the darn thing regardless. Had a very good eating day today, so who knows. LOL
BrandNewMe2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
I always do that little hesitation dance around the scale in the morning! LOL Whatever it says, don't be afraid and don't be discouraged. Tell yourself that you ate good and you're officially melting. I like to call it melting when the scale doesn't move.. I think the scale stands still when the inches are coming off.. (at least it sounds good right? )
AngieCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crystalgriffon
Stats: 162.5/129.5...back to 138/125
WOE: Not sure...Atkins?
Start Date: Summer 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
Motivation? I highly recommend falling in love. Seriously. It doesn't have to be something you will act on, necessarily (as in, if you are already married.) But my best weight loss has always been guy-motivated. *sigh*
I agree =D My love loves me no matter what, but I'm so happy that now I feel more energetic to do things and go places and I feel pretty (not overweight) when I dress up to go on a date with him!
crystalgriffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love only made me eat more
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Angie~ Right!!!! Love made me toooooooo COMFORTABLE! In the first 2years It was cool.....Got Pg with my duaghter and we went started snacking on cookies, candy icecream SUGAR! After it took me a long while to get over those things and well the hubbs took even longer. He has said he never liked sugar at all...nothing he intentionally went and bought but knew it was an issue when he would go and buy a few mrgoodbars. That was his weakness for over a year.

What makes me strong doing this is the fact that Im shrinking, Im able to wear clothes I have not been able to almost ever.

I bought a dress from Ross. Its and XL Juniors.........Its too cute and I CAN FIT IT!!!!!! Now that's motiviation!!!! I want to be able to wear a large top and a 14 bottom by summer. I want to wear shorts.....lol....even though my legs wont look that amazing. I havent worn shorts out in public since 1998. THATS YEARS AGO!!!

Not only the fact that Im getting smaller but by losing weight Im slowly reducing my chances of having to deal with preventative conditions. My father has diabetes and so does his sister. I dont want to have to deal with that.

I knew that if I didnt make some sorta conscience effort to manage and stabalize my weight I could very well head in that direction.

So.....bieng healthy +feeling Better+having a better self image = Total overall well being!!!

Its worth all the agonizing work, Don't you think???
Old 02-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now THAT is motivation!! Putting on new sizes, The excitement you feel when you try on something and it fits!! I'm so happy for you MissG, thats what this is all about, total overall well being. Definitely worth it and .. agonizing at times lol
Old 02-19-2010, 02:14 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Sometimes I worry that you ladies are turning me a bit 'girly'. I'm now getting all excited about going and buying some new clothes this weekend!

As I'm hoping to lose quite a lot more during the year I won't go overboard but just a few things that fit. Can't wait to try on some jeans.

Wish all you wonderful ladies a wonderful weekend with kind scales.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanP View Post
Sometimes I worry that you ladies are turning me a bit 'girly'. I'm now getting all excited about going and buying some new clothes this weekend!

As I'm hoping to lose quite a lot more during the year I won't go overboard but just a few things that fit. Can't wait to try on some jeans.

Wish all you wonderful ladies a wonderful weekend with kind scales.
You are not turning girly. In fact, your even losing the boobs right???? I don't know if the "Real Men Wear Pink" Fad got popular over there like it did here in the states a couple of years ago ... but you can start your own ... Real Men Go Shopping Too club. You are doing an awesome job and I am happy for you. I wish I could get my brother to join and start this WOE .... I would be willing to bet he is over 400 pounds now and I worry about him constantly. He got laid off about a year ago and I think one reason it has been so hard for him to find something is his weight. We think he finally has a job. They called this morning and told him he passed his background check and he will be starting training in mid-march... but I worry about his health due to the obesity. I know it is hard to lose weight. It took me years to even get serious about starting so I try not to nag because he won't do it until he is ready....
Old 02-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Lawmom ~ LOL, the pink craze did hit SA but I avoided it like the plague.
I like the idea of the Real Men go shopping, I had a great time shopping on Saturday, it's terrific to find such a larger range of clothes that now fit.

Great news that your brother has managed to find a job, hopefully he will now feel more motivated and want to improve his lifestyle. It must really be soul destroying to sit without a job for any length of time. I can only imagine how awful it must be and how difficult it would be to even think about losing weight during such a traumatic period.

I have a very good and secure job and it still was soooo difficult to start after 'thinking about it' for so long. I'm sure you will see a big difference once he starts working again.

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote