Old 01-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oyvey
Stats: 217/160
WOE: paleo, sprinkling of fermented dairy
Start Date: 5/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jccj58 View Post
I had some radishes the other day as a snack. Pretty tasty with a little salt on em, and VLC.
Eat them with butter and salt next time! On a flax cracker or somesuch if you like that crackery business (almond thins are good too, look in the recipe room for the recipe). Seriously delicious.
oyvey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #92

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
A good sweet snack is peanut butter fudge.

I just measure the peanut butter into a bowl by weight, heat it a bit in the microwave, and stir in powdered erythritol until it's fairly stiff. Since the erythritol is zero carb and zero calorie, I don't measure it.

While the mixture is warm, roll it into LITTLE balls, about a half inch across. I usually make the balls and then flatten them with a spoon to make little discs.

These taste so good, the idea is to let one melt in your mouth and have that sweet peanut butter taste for awhile, not to chomp down a dozen of them! LOL

Likewise, a similar chocolate candy can be made with butter, cocoa, and erythritol.

Or combine the two and make chocolate peanut butter balls. Since these taste pretty much like peanut butter cups, were they made with dark chocolate, I call them Peanut Butter Saucers.

These are pretty low calorie and carb. The last batch of chocolate peanut butter ones I made were 13 calories and .3 carbs each.

I made the mistake of letting a non-low-carb friend try some, and before I knew it, half the container was empty.

Last edited by ravenrose; 01-31-2010 at 04:00 PM..
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JazzleBug
Stats: 235.7 | 216.8 | 135 @ 5'6"
WOE: HCG/Primal Blueprint/Leptin Reset
Start Date: 4/6/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
A good sweet snack is peanut butter fudge.

I just measure the peanut butter into a bowl by weight, heat it a bit in the microwave, and stir in powdered erythritol until it's fairly stiff. Since the erythritol is zero carb and zero calorie, I don't measure it.

While the mixture is warm, roll it into LITTLE balls, about a half inch across. I usually make the balls and then flatten them with a spoon to make little discs.

These taste so good, the idea is to let one melt in your mouth and have that sweet peanut butter taste for awhile, not to chomp down a dozen of them! LOL

Likewise, a similar chocolate candy can be made with butter, cocoa, and erythritol.

Or combine the two and make chocolate peanut butter balls. Since these taste pretty much like peanut butter cups, were they made with dark chocolate, I call them Peanut Butter Saucers.

These are pretty low calorie and carb. The last batch of chocolate peanut butter ones I made were 13 calories and .3 carbs each.

I made the mistake of letting a non-low-carb friend try some, and before I knew it, half the container was empty.
That's a pretty good testament to the taste, eh? Sounds wonderful!
JazzleBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MarcyDarcy
Stats: 195/180/173 goal: 135 or maybe lower
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Bump
MarcyDarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JazzleBug
Stats: 235.7 | 216.8 | 135 @ 5'6"
WOE: HCG/Primal Blueprint/Leptin Reset
Start Date: 4/6/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcyDarcy View Post
Bump
Thank you, love!
JazzleBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Shimmer
Stats: 245/229/140...22/16/12
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/1/01
Coffee with cream & Davinci's is my snack in the morning. I usually don't need one in the afternoon.
Shimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Did anyone ever notice the snacky type foods are so sodium filled? It sucks because I retain water so badly.

Besides the above suggestions, I have been bringing protein powder bars to work (that I make). I made a new batch yesterday and they taste like brownies and vanilla cake! (2 diff batches.)

2 eggs
3 scoops whey protein powder (vanilla)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sweetener (I use liquid sweet n low)

Melt butter, add eggs, whey protein powder and sweetener. Mix well and put in a 6x6 baking dish. Cook on 325 for about 15-20 minutes. Makes 9 servings. Each serving has about 1g carb per piece, depending on the whey protein powder you use.

For the chocolate:
2 eggs
2.5 scoops whey protein powder
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sweetener

I'm about to have some with coffee!
I was just about to say...

I take Ms. Woods' Not Brownies and I also keep Ostrim in my desk drawer.
NutinHonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutinHonie View Post
I was just about to say...

I take Ms. Woods' Not Brownies and I also keep Ostrim in my desk drawer.
Tell me.....do the Ostrim really taste decent...... do they contain alot of garbage ingredients to make them stay "fresh"??? I have considered getting some... since I love the fresh smookies from the market (rarely get there and they dont keep all that long).

Thanks
Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
These are some great ideas! I started last Monday and set myself up for destruction! I didn't have all of my lunch items prepared (I am used to eating Lean Cuisines or SmartOnes for lunch and they all have rice or pasta!) or snack items prepared. I did pretty well most of the week til Friday and went off track.

I'm heading to the grocery store shortly and am going to pick up some olives, more celery and cucumbers for snacks and will spend the rest of the day making sure I have low carb lunch items for the week!

My Grandmother always made cucmber slices and onion slices in vinegar and a little sugar. They were great. I have some Truvia I am going to make some later. This would be a great snack for me along with pickles, olives, pepperoni, apples, etc...

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote