LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: luv_bug
Stats: 265/150/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2007
What is juddd?

Hi everyone - I'm having trouble finding a thread that actually outlines this clearly. What exactly is juddd? Someone PMed me suggesting it - only I don't actually know WHAT it is and why it would benefit me? Could someone explain it to me?
luv_bug is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: hdyhouse
Stats: 335/211/195
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2003
I did a "Bing" search for juddd and came up with a reference to an alternating calorie type diet. Here is a post that the search pulled up that discussed the "diet".

"I was just wanting everyone's opinion of the JUDDD diet? You eat 5-600 calories one day, around 2000-2100 the nect day, and alternate between that.

Apparently it really works and makes your metabolism go crazy fast. but I feel skeptical, is it heathy to eat that little in a day, even if you that much the next day?"
hdyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
This is not really accurate. I've been on JUDDD for the past year, and there's a very active thread in "Other Plans." Most of us are trying to lose, but we have a few members on maintenance, too. If you read through some of our monthly threads, you'll get a good sense of how we fare with it.

It doesn't make your metabolism go "crazy fast." It's a way to restrict calories for those of us who need to restrict for a variety of reasons. For example, I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid and can't lose if I eat >1000 cal a day. I've checked out this plan with my own endo (who loves it, since I've lost 50 lbs this year) and also Dr. Michael Eades (via e-mail) who saw no problem so long as I get sufficient protein--which I do.

It's not necessarily low carb, but many of us (myself included) do it low carb. It could be considered a form of IF because the low calorie days function similarly. By only eating minimally for one day at a time, a person's metabolism is NOT slowed because, according to the doctor who developed this plan, the body doesn't react for at least 48 hrs to such low calories, and we never do more than one day--alternating with higher calorie days.

If you want official information, I'd suggest you go to the JUDDD website (just Google JUDDD, and you should find it).
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
You can google for Dr. Johnson's JUDD Website. Also the first post of our now dead October thread has a basic outline of how the plan works:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-day-diet.html

It accidentally got left off the beginning of our November thread.

You can buy the book on Amazon (I Think its called "The Alternate Day Diet" by Dr. Johnson)
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pico
Stats: 190 lbs need to lose 15 -20 lbs, lost 15 from 205
WOE: Hi protein-Hi fiber
Start Date: Jan 21 2012
i've wonmdered that too. it seems complicated
pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pico View Post
i've wonmdered that too. it seems complicated
Probably the least "complicated" WOE you could ever do! It's a plan that you restrict calories every other day. I have been doing it for 7 months now and it's the easiest WOE I have ever done! No food restriction, and can be done LC or not!

Come over to our JUDDD thread here and check it out! You may be very surprised how easy it really is!

JUDDD - Low Carb Friends

Also, here is a little background on how I found this WOE and what it has done for me (and others)! My Journey Through WW, South Beach, LC, VLC, and JUDDD (long story)

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote