Old 01-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambabob View Post
They taste fine, but they are a lot thicker than the Atkins Shakes. They only come in one flavor. Chocolate.

The Atkins shakes come in a lot more flavors. I love the Caramel Latte!!!! I can drink that every day.

The Premier Nutrition Protein Shakes seem to be more filling since they have 30g of protein. It takes me a lot longer to get a full one down though.
My Costco also carries a Vanilla.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstickpam107 View Post
Here's the nutrition info for the Premier Nutrition vanilla shake:

INGREDIENTS: Water, Premier Nutrition Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Concentrate), Sunflower oil, Fructooligosaccharide, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Datem, Sucralose, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Salt, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Biotin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Potassium Iodide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Chloride, Copper Amino Acid, Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12), Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Manganese Sulfate.
Allergy Information: Contains Milk.

I CARE what's IN my shake...not just how much protein, carb, etc.

Pam
Is there something bad about the ingredients?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #33

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
My Costco also carries a Vanilla.
soooo jealous!!! how does it taste? i've been thinking of ordering it online!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
soooo jealous!!! how does it taste? i've been thinking of ordering it online!
Sorry.... cant help you there.... I bought the chocolate... I have never tasted the Vanilla.... but I did look at it and am considering it.

Vicki
Old 01-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WilliamDGoose
As for as the ingrediants issue, the only thing I care about is that something is not toally bad for me, but the bottom line issue is the net carb count. What is significant about these Premier shakes is the 30 grams of protein versus the 15 for Adkins shakes. That is double and very significant. The indrediants seem about the same, though minor differences in the vitimans and minerals.

As for as cost, the Costo price is the best deal going and their price for Premeir shakes is cheaper than the Adkins shakes at most places. I also shop at the Commissary, which does sell Adkins for $5.25 per 4-pack, which is almost the same as the Costo price for Premeir shakes.
WilliamDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rhandel
Good news...

All,

I have lost 45 pounds so far, (I have the same to lose), in the 9 months or so on the Premier Shakes from Costco. It took me most of my life to gain the 90 pounds so this is a slow process. Both the Vanilla (only got one box) and the Chocolate are really good. I drink 2 per day and just have a sensible dinner. I was following Adkin's a long time ago and gained all the weight that I lost back plus more. I feel that my method can be a life changer that keeps a balanced diet while not denying myself treats, (once in a while).

I would make sure that you eat a BALANCED meal for your 1 meal and do not over eat. I also supplement with Focus Smart or Focus Factor (4 tablets each day), and sugar free (mostly splenda) drinks from Snapple to Kirkland Green tea and others. I keep a case of DaVinci splenda flavorings to put into the shakes and drinks. There are no calories and that changes things up for me each day. I get them from Sam's for $5 a bottle.

So I may have Chocolate Kaluha (from DaVinci), for breakfast and can have a Carmel Vanilla for lunch. I have about 20 different choices to mix with the vanilla or chocolate.

Looking for a better price then Costco on the Premier shakes. But till then, I will get them from Costco.

No ill effects. And Dr. says I am doing great and to keep up the good work.

R.
rhandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jambabob
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 1st 2004
R.

I am doing the same thing accept that I am drinking an Atkins Shake for Breakfast and a Premier shake for lunch. With my increased water intake, the weight is falling off me.

I was only able to do this since I upped to a gallon of water a day. I’m never hungry anymore during the day.

By the way, Costco is the cheapest place anywhere to buy those Premier shakes. The price is worse on line or on the web site.

I also wrote to complain about 2 cases I bought that had the changed formula with lumps in it. They told me that that had been corrected, and they gave me a free case for my trouble!!! They did ask me for the numbers on top of my shakes so they could give it to quality control.
Jambabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hooligan
Stats: 245/210/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: August 2, 2012
my Costco also carries them in Vanilla. I really like the chocolate ones and the idea of using the davinci syrups in them is intriguing. I think I'll have to try that. I'm not much of a breakfast eater so I find these really help me out so i can still have a "meal."
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BrendaChristine
WOE: Doc's Orders 60g protein, 30g carbs a day!
Start Date: Sept 2011
Yum!

Costcos in Washington are starting to carry both Vanilla & Chocolate. The Vanilla are only 3g carb vs Chocolate as 5g carb. So I try to pick up both when I'm at Costco. Or find the manager and tell them you would happily buy Vanilla if they carried it. They like to know that stuff! Also, if you have a Costco near you and are not a member, make friends with someone who is! It's worth it. My SIL comes with me to pick up her shakes too. It's worth the savings for her to tag along.

And yes! I also will add the sugar free syrups to my shakes to change it up. I fell in love with my little Magic Bullet blender for this very reason! Add shake, a handful of ice cubes, 2T of the SF syrup and blend! Plus with that bullet blender, your container for blending becomes your cup, add that snazzy lid and hooray, your out the door with your morning shake in 3min or less! And they're gluten free too (hooray!). Oh and Land-O-Lakes whipped cream is zero carbs so if I'm feeling a sweet tooth come on in the evening, I'll have a "doctored" shake with a bit of whip on top. Curves the cravings every time!!! --Who needs cake? I got'st me a shake
BrendaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MauraV
Stats: 255/221.4/150
WOE: Low Carb + Gluten-Free
Start Date: July 12, 2011
These are pretty much my daily breakfast and I've had no problems with them. I don't like solid food in the am.
MauraV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pirretti1
Is there anything really bad in the Premier Shakes? Most of them have a ton of ingredients in them. Thanks.
pirretti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirretti1 View Post
Is there anything really bad in the Premier Shakes? Most of them have a ton of ingredients in them. Thanks.

Look at post #32 for the ingredient list. Some people can't have certain ingredients or may possibly be allergic to an ingredient.

Last edited by watcher513; 02-06-2012 at 02:47 AM..
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enna1477
Stats: 255/145/160
WOE: Self designed LC
Start Date: November 2010
I credit the Premier shakes for the first 50-60 pounds that I lost - and I lost rapidly. I used them for the first two meals of the day and then had a LC dinner. They were filling and tasty and I never tired of the chocolate. The vanilla reminded me of drinking cake batter but they were drinkable, just not as good as the chocolate in my opinion. I followed that routine (2 shakes a day for about 6 months) and then kind of weaned off of them. But I still keep a few in the fridge at work and home in case of a failure to plan for a real meal. I tried the EAS shakes but they just didn't have the "staying" power of the Premier Nutrition shakes.
enna1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I LOVE the premier shakes. I wasn't aware they had stevia in them?

I think the chocolate is good. Tastes like light chocolate milk (with proteiny taste, of course). The vanilla tastes like marshmallows to me! YUM! (and I'm usually a chocolate only person).

I LOVE that they are 30 g of protein, low carb, and all the ingredients are pretty good (for a pre-mixed shake). They are also a great price! I have never felt like they've knocked me out of ketosis and I feel like they are a good addition to my diet. They help me feel full for longer - especially for breakfast. If worried about low fat, add some HWC or coconut oil (or both). I bet they'd taste even better that way!

Did I mention I LOVE THEM!!!!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lala
I just bought 2 cases at Costco one in vanilla one in chocolate. I was highly concerned that the vanilla wouldn't be good because I normally do not like vanilla. But it is very good. I blend it with a cup of frozen fruit and a few ice cubes to thicken it up and It's a perfect meal replacement for me I need to go buy a Magic Bullet now
lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RobbieVigil
Stats: 192/183/170?
WOE: I don't stick to a specific program ATM.
Start Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLen View Post
I've bought them several times. One time I bought a case and every single one had this nasty sludge in them. So much sludge there wasn't enough room in the container to shake it up.

DH emailed them and called them. They sent me a coupon for a free case. I haven't had a problem since. I like them.
Kind of a necro-post but I just bought a case from Sams club and had the same "sludge" on the bottom. I figured I didn't shake it enough so on my second I really tried to shake/mix it still the same. kinda gross, I emailed Premier to see if they had a recommended way to consume.
RobbieVigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enna1477
Stats: 255/145/160
WOE: Self designed LC
Start Date: November 2010
The same thing happened to one of my cases - I was going to return it to Costco but emailed Premier to let them know and they shipped another case to my house immediately. Really nice people and good customer service!
enna1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FriskyDingo
Taste Great But I Think They Are Stopping Ketosis

I have been monitoring my levels of ketosis using ketostix and I swear these shakes are prohibiting ketosis. If so I have to question how accurate the alleged carb count really is. I am doing to go a full day without any carbs at all so I get a good dark purple reading on the ketostix and then drink a shake and test again in like 6 hours. Will post my results.
FriskyDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
Does anybody know if Trader Joes carries these Premier Shakes? I'd like to try one before buying a whole case of them...Thanks!
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
I just bought a case of both the chocolate and vanilla - I am excited to try! Will probably end up adding some HWC to it.
johnsa37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FriskyDingo
"I have been monitoring my levels of ketosis using ketostix and I swear these shakes are prohibiting ketosis. If so I have to question how accurate the alleged carb count really is. I am doing to go a full day without any carbs at all so I get a good dark purple reading on the ketostix and then drink a shake and test again in like 6 hours. Will post my results."

Update: Howdy, I am pleased to report that Premier Nutrition shakes DO NOT hinder ketosis. Phew! Super pleased with that result as they do taste great and easy way to introduce extra protein to one's diet.

Last edited by FriskyDingo; 04-06-2012 at 06:36 PM..
FriskyDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
I just checked back and I am happy to report that these shakes are pretty good, and really stave off hunger for me. I like both chocolate and vanilla -- so does my hubby! He keeps stealing them to take to work!

And I am glad that it doesn't affect ketosis -- great product!
johnsa37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: khushy487
shakes for weight loss

hey there!

i'm new to low carb and found this forum while researching. i've recently discovered these shakes and am loving them and the fact that they are super low carb and have tons and tons of protein. goes great with the low carb diet plan i'm following right now.

i read above that some people have had great success with weight loss doing 2 of these shakes a day along with having a sensible 3rd meal. i was wondering what type of exercises you guys are following along with this meal plan to get such great losses?

i did read about making sure i get as much water as possible. i'm slowly working my way up to a gallon. right now i'm at about 3/4 of a gallon so i'm sure i'll get there soon. i've always read/heard the more water you drink, the faster you'll lose as long as you keep within a sensible caloric amount.

i'm sorry for such a long post, but i just want to make sure i'm doing this right. i have quite a bit to lose and don't want to hinder it by doing anything wrong.

thanks for all the help people! i really, really appreciate it!

thanks a bunch!
khushy487 is offline   Reply With Quote