Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   OH. MY. GOSH. The Big Mac in a Bowl Salad is . . . (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/611634-oh-my-gosh-big-mac-bowl-salad.html)

porkfatrules 04-02-2009 04:59 PM

OH. MY. GOSH. The Big Mac in a Bowl Salad is . . .

unbelievably good!!!!

You can find it in the recipe room. It made my day!

Monkee 04-02-2009 05:03 PM

I would so eat that up! Yum!

Where do you find low-carb thousand island dressing? I've never seen one at the market. They are all loaded with carbs.

porkfatrules 04-02-2009 05:26 PM

Easy to make -- mayo, LC ketchup, SF relish.

Linda Sue had a recipe on her website, too --

Some of the store brands aren't too bad, either.

bwylde 04-03-2009 06:21 AM

oooo, I think I know what I may be having for supper, lol!!!

peanutte 04-03-2009 06:28 AM

That sounds good, and much better than the fast-food version!

kbeth 04-03-2009 07:03 AM

My DH just decided to start LC...this is the kind of recipe that will keep him here. Thanks!

mamabear6 04-03-2009 07:55 AM

hey thanks for sharing!
going shopping today and have been DYING to try that salad:D

peanutte 04-03-2009 09:52 AM

I wouldn't use a half pound of meat just for myself, though. That's more protein than I ever eat at one meal. So for me it would be a Junior Big Mac salad.

daisyHair 04-03-2009 11:14 AM

This sounds very good!
I have to get some more LC Ketchup next netrition order..

Thanks for sharing.. Patrick (DH) will love this too.

Linny 04-03-2009 12:21 PM

Been wanting to try it myself.....here is the direct link to the recipe ----> LowCarbFriends Recipes - Big Mac in a Bowl - Powered by ReviewPost

mamagiff 04-03-2009 12:26 PM

I've made one that is just a bit different....I use dill relish instead of pickles and I haven't melted the cheese into the beef....I'm going to have to try this version...it sounds yummy!

porkfatrules 04-03-2009 12:31 PM

So glad you guys are going to try this! I made one yesterday -- have all the fixings for more of it in the fridge. Even though I've already eaten, I've been drooling at the thought of making another one -- may have to make one for dinner!

PrairieDawn 04-03-2009 12:38 PM

I will def be making this soon! Looks great!

Briar 04-03-2009 01:03 PM

Sounds great, I will have to make it!

bwylde 04-03-2009 02:41 PM

mmmmm...I had this for supper and it was so good! I will definately make it again. I didn't mix it all; I put a layer of lettuce, a layer of raw onion, spread the sauce on this (I used some mayo, a little relish with a squirt of lc ketchup and a packet of stevia), put the cheese on top of the sauce and put the hamburger on top, which melted the cheese. I may mix it together next time. I was thinking next time I need to sprinkle sesame seeds on top, lol!!

Sunny7 04-03-2009 03:04 PM

I've made this before too, but have never melted the cheese in the beef, bet that makes it more tasty, will have to try, don't have the dill pickles either, i'm going to get some tomorrow, i know its a couple more carbs, but couldn't you use regular onion, like the red would be good.

Thanks for posting this

anipomoni 04-03-2009 03:30 PM

I just read this recipe and remembered I had ground beef in the fridge I had to use up, and this seemed so easy. So I ran over and made it exactly as written.
WOW. Really much better than I expected. And unbelievably easy! Melting the cheese in the meat really helps with that yucky ground beef taste/smell that I hate too.

My husband is going to LOVE it.

charmedpea 04-03-2009 03:31 PM

yea i wish they would make that dressing LC I always look, and crossing fingers that ken's steak house dressing will come out with one

goheels 04-03-2009 05:29 PM

I had this for dinner tonight with just a couple of tweaks. First I made 2 hamburger patties and melted cheese on top and made a salad with romaine, pickles and a few red onions. Used Ken's TI dressing-it had the lowest carb count in the salad dressing aisle(4 grms/2tbsp).

I'll make this again and often probably:D

ultracrazy 04-03-2009 05:34 PM

Any restaurant should accommodate you. Just ask and see what happens.

meeha 04-03-2009 05:36 PM

bookmarking for later :)

bwylde 04-05-2009 03:52 AM

I had this twice in the last two days and each day I woke up to 2lbs lost! I had been stalled for ages so it was nice seeing the scale move :D (other than that I've mostly just had bacon, eggs, cheese, some raw veggies and blueberries).

Sandi76 04-05-2009 07:57 AM

Oooh the Big Mac is my favorite burger at Mickey D's. I miss it while LCing. This should be good!!

It's amazing what people come up with!! I used to love White Castle (ok I still do who am I kidding?) and making the White Castle Pie really helps me not miss them so much!! Now a Big MAc Salad? Yippie!! Now if I can only find a substitute for french fries. Hmmmm

Susiecarbojunkie 04-05-2009 01:54 PM

I made this last night. The only part about it I would change is the dressing--I used my mom's light TI--and it was too sweet and too carby.
I have some on order from Netrition along with the ketchum (you used to be able to find the ketchup at wally world--but I didn't see any yesterday...)
I think I'd like it just as well with my Ken's creamy caesar--just a touch---anyway
or even just a hint of salsa to moisten the lettuce

I thought the minced onion was inegral to the mix because that really tastes like what mcd's uses....
that and the pickle--I loved

great success---am worrying about portion control here a bit...

I even used ground turkey instead of beef---
since it's been cheaper at sam's lately.....

a great success
and a great starter recipe for imaginative minds that could do all sorts of other things to it...

:up:

jacksmixedtape 04-05-2009 02:07 PM

This sounds really good for when you can't shake that craving for McD's. :D Thank you for the heads up.

Sunny7 04-05-2009 02:35 PM

This is really good, had it for dinner today

Thanks for the recipe

fourstubbs 04-05-2009 03:37 PM

You don't need to go out and buy LC ketchup. Linda Sue has a recipe for a fantastic hienz ketchup, LC of course. It is so good, this stuff is fantastic and I would rather eat it than any bottled kind!! The recipe sounds so good, I need some ground beef. My ds will LOVE this. :)

Lickrish 04-05-2009 04:30 PM

I started making the thousand island/big mac sauce for a while by mistake and it's so yummy! Way better than any bottle of thousand island!!

I use a bit of stevia in mine plus the LC ketchup, pickle relish and mayo. I can eat it on anything! eggs, hotdogs etc. My thing used to be homemade ranch but for now this has taken over. :D

Hubby even likes it and he doesn't LC. He said it reminds him of the sandwich spread in the jars.

flintchick 04-05-2009 05:04 PM

Wow... I'm glad to hear that you all like my salad! :)
There is a company called Walden Farms that has zero carb/zero fat/zero calorie sauces and dressings. I haven't personally tried any of them, mainly because I cannot figure out how they can be calorie free. I've seen them in the grocery stores in the specialty diet sections.. gluton free etc. Has anyone tried them yet? They do have a thousand island dressing.

sbaquera78 04-05-2009 05:07 PM

Ok just made this tonight....Yummy! Thanks for the fabulous idea :)