Old 02-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisahere
Stats: 298/170/150
WOE: Clean Atkins:)
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy-loo View Post

I won't miss the sweaty painful "great beneath" of my apron.

I won't miss having a 2 at the front of my clothing size.

Yeah. The "chub rub." I won't miss that either.
I was so happy the day the old nasty apron was cut off of me.

2 in front of clothes, um that and the 24 was snug It sucked in more ways than one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler View Post

I hear you-- I'm being very happy that for the first time, I didn't think I looked horrible when playing music onstage last night.

I don't miss being complacent-- it led to a whole lot of hurt.

It's nice to resurrect one's inner person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutte View Post
This is a good thread. I appreciate all the positive thoughts!

A few weeks ago I started a thread over in the Induction sub-forum called "I haven't had --- in --- long"... it was supposed to be a place to be proud of the things you had left behind. But it sort of turned into people talking about those foods with a bit of longing! That wasn't my point-- I am pleased to be able to say I haven't had --- in --- long, and I don't miss it.

Anything I have given up is well worth giving up for the benefits I've experienced.

That was my whole point in a nut shell. I don't want to ever forget where I came from, and dwelling on the missed ho ho will get me to the land of forgets faster than anything. Thanks for understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
* Having to hold my breath to cut my toenails

* Not being able to wear Levi's jeans because I dont like the waist size prominently displayed on the back of them.

Never even thought of this for a man. That would suck. Could you imagine the out cry if it said HELLO WORLD LISA IS IN A NICE PAIR OF LEVI'S SIZE 44/28'S

NEVER!!!

Lisa
298 /170/160ish

Tummy tuck July of 2006!!!
Yep, I would do it (tt) again in a beat

Last edited by Lisahere; 02-14-2009 at 08:19 PM..
Lisahere is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Simille
Stats: 275/228.4/130
WOE: Bacon, bacon, bacon!
Start Date: Restart March 2011
Words cannot describe what this thread has done for me this evening, and thanks to the one who bumped it! Keep on bumping it because not only does this provide all of us with the inspiration to dream of the things we will leave behind, it is also a window into the humanity and true suffering of those of us who do not fit society's ideal. Of course, many of the preceding posts have mentioned health issues which is why it is important for us to lose these pesky pounds, but most of the "won't missses" come from sad and angry feelings about our marginalized position in society. I am lucky enough to have wonderfully supportive friends and an amazing fiance who have never (well, rarely) made negative comments about my weight, but I still struggle with my own psyche that has been damaged by years of messages--from jokes to newsflashes--about how ugly, unworthy and unhealthy I am. I constantly view myself from this position of undesirability, no matter how many messages I get to the contrary, but despite (and possibly because of) my opinions of my own failings, I find myself, at times, a traitor to my own kind, judging the heavier people around me and wondering how they let themselves go like THAT. :blush: This thread has reminded me that no matter our size, we as overweight people in developed nations have all had the same humiliating experiences, we have struggled with the same shame, we have all felt the same guilt. I wish that this thread could find it's way into a larger arena so that everyone would begin to hear our humanity, so that we who are struggling to conquer the seductiveness of a world saturated with food would be understood in the same way that drug addicts, alcoholics and depressives have been understood.

I will not miss being marginalized by my own self.

I will not miss wishing I was someone else.

I will not miss not being able to see the beautiful woman my fiance sees because I have covered her up in several layers of fat.

And that "chub rub"--God knows I will NOT miss that!

I will also not miss my clothes, as I plan to run around completely naked for an entire week once I hit goal!

Last edited by Simille; 02-14-2009 at 11:24 PM..
Simille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MikeA
Stats: 200/160/?
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 01/07/2010
Pardon my ignorance but what is "chub rub"?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is "chub rub"?
, Oh Mike, it's where the chub rubs together.....like the rubber hitting the road....

thighs rubbing together, back fat, bra fat anywhere fat overlaps or is so chubby it rubs....

think about it....hot summer day, shorts on, chubby 300 lb. me in 95% humidity....
my chubby thighs rubbing got the mental picture now yep, not so pretty
Old 02-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simille View Post
Words cannot describe what this thread has done for me this evening, and thanks to the one who bumped it! Keep on bumping it because not only does this provide all of us with the inspiration to dream of the things we will leave behind, it is also a window into the humanity and true suffering of those of us who do not fit society's ideal. Of course, many of the preceding posts have mentioned health issues which is why it is important for us to lose these pesky pounds, but most of the "won't missses" come from sad and angry feelings about our marginalized position in society. I am lucky enough to have wonderfully supportive friends and an amazing fiance who have never (well, rarely) made negative comments about my weight, but I still struggle with my own psyche that has been damaged by years of messages--from jokes to newsflashes--about how ugly, unworthy and unhealthy I am. I constantly view myself from this position of undesirability, no matter how many messages I get to the contrary, but despite (and possibly because of) my opinions of my own failings, I find myself, at times, a traitor to my own kind, judging the heavier people around me and wondering how they let themselves go like THAT. :blush: This thread has reminded me that no matter our size, we as overweight people in developed nations have all had the same humiliating experiences, we have struggled with the same shame, we have all felt the same guilt. I wish that this thread could find it's way into a larger arena so that everyone would begin to hear our humanity, so that we who are struggling to conquer the seductiveness of a world saturated with food would be understood in the same way that drug addicts, alcoholics and depressives have been understood.

I will not miss being marginalized by my own self.

I will not miss wishing I was someone else.

I will not miss not being able to see the beautiful woman my fiance sees because I have covered her up in several layers of fat.

And that "chub rub"--God knows I will NOT miss that!

I will also not miss my clothes, as I plan to run around completely naked for an entire week once I hit goal!
Your post was also as amazing. Thanks for sharing.....
Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

bump for new ones
Old 03-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
Here's a new one... I *won't* miss the "What, are you trying to start a fire?", comments you get when you're wearing corduroy jeans and making that vvvffft-vvvffft- sound as you walk!
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xo ashley
Stats: 155*140* 125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 02/01/2009... Quit in 2011. Back 3/31/13
i haven't accomplished nearly as much as most of you... but, i figure i may as well do this.

i wont miss....

** feeling like the "fat" girl when i'm out at a bar
** thinking guys aren't interested in my because i'm too thick
** being called "thick" by guys, and not taking it as a compliment (because it's not)
** getting ready for work in the morning and realizing my pants are fitting tighter than they did before
** struggling to get out of bed, and being tired by 5pm
** a food hangover from eating too much garbage
** high-carb/high-sugar binges that make me feel worthless and out of control
** eating 900 calories of low-fat, working out 2-3 hours, and never losing weight
** having a "real" hangover because i drank too much (i don't drink anymore, and if i do, i have a drink and am done because my tolerance is shot on this WOE)

i already spent 10k on elective plastic surgery. i dont want to spend more for liposuction in the future because i'm too lazy to lose the weight i know i can get rid of. so it's time to get my body right NOW. i'm only 23, i have NO excuses.

mostly... i won't miss feeling out of sorts in my own body. i want to wake up every morning and feel good. both mentally and physically. and knowing that i'm feeding my body with the right food, is the best step to accomplishing my goals.
xo ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heatherdazy
Stats: highest ever: 214 (2004) this time:164/159/105
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDDD
Start Date: Switch from Atkins to JUDDDD April 5
Wow, what an amazing thread. It's great to know you aren't the only one who's gone through some of this...
heatherdazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HaleyRoo
Stats: 234/182/140
Start Date: 01/26/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleet View Post
I wont miss being invisible
THAT is one extremely powerful sentence. Bravo.
HaleyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:45 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alyc1985
Stats: 238/221/170(stg)/138(ltg)
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: June 20/11 ... on and off
I don't miss being "the ugly one" in my group of friends. I don't miss being ignored by the opposite sex or feeling like people are "out of my league" just because I'm fat. I don't miss comments from one guy in my church -- "the outside reflects the inside" -- basically justifying judging a potential girlfriend on her appearance, then berating me for starting weight training because I would get too "masculine". I don't miss gross user-type guys trying to pick me up, not because they really like me, but because they think that fat girls are desperate for any attention and will "put out".

I don't miss feeling irritable, sleepy, or ravenous.

I don't miss the constant struggle to find pants that fit, or the indignity of "wardrobe malfunctions" caused by getting too fat to wear my size 14 clothes but not having the money to buy new ones (and being in denial about how big I really was). I don't miss boobs that disappeared in my growing chest/back/belly fat. I don't miss being unable to find a friggin' bra because no stores carry 38B or 40B -- apparently, all B-cup girls are a svelte 36" or 34". I missed the memo!

I don't miss the constant thoughts of food that used to plague me.

I don't miss people assuming I am pregnant when they look at my large belly, when in reality it's a result of all the food I binged on. I don't miss feeling exhausted, bloated, thirsty, foggy, nauseated and just plain crappy after a night of bingeing on pizza. I don't miss the panic that comes with bingeing or the raw throat, puffy face, red eyes, undereye circles, paranoia and smelly breath that comes with purging. I don't miss the gas. oh god, the gas! and I don't miss feeling obligated to fast every time I ate something I enjoyed.

I don't miss people thinking I am much older than I am, I'm only 23.

I don't miss having to try strategic hairstyles since nothing flatters my huge, round face anymore. I don't miss loathing the sight of my own face in the mirror or photos. I don't miss struggling with my makeup and trying "slimming" techniques with blush and highlighter that make me look like a clown, or emphasizing my eyes in the hopes that no one will notice my round cheeks. I don't miss having no cheekbones. I don't miss having jowls. I don't miss a constantly red face from overexerting myself merely by moving my mass.

I don't miss feeling near death every time I climb a staircase.

I don't miss the rash between my upper thighs when I wear a skirt, or feeling them stick together... but having no alternative because it's too hot out for pants and I can't wear any cute, flattering shorts. I don't miss LONG skirts to hide my chunky calves and thighs. I don't miss drama in the dressing room. I don't miss poorly designed and ugly plus-size clothing choices. I don't miss being too fat to wear flats because my feet are bloated, or because they look so ridiculous compared to my bulking frame.

I don't miss being compared to, or even CONFUSED WITH (!!!) my 50 yr old, 250 lb father.

I don't miss feeling unfeminine, inferior, unattractive or marginalized. I don't miss feeling like I should be an active participant in "fat acceptance" when in reality I hated myself. I don't miss being aware of the inevitability that people will judge me based on my fat. I don't miss seeing an outer body that doesn't reflect my inner self. I don't miss the countless realizations of the last 6 years when I have gone off plan and gained 40 lbs in a few months, but felt hopeless to regain control.

I don't miss 'doing it' with the lights off!

I don't miss thinking about all the things I will do, will enjoy, will wear, will eat in the future... leading an imaginary life, imagining a fit, slim, healthy body, imagining happiness and acceptance, and yet feeling like it is unattainable. realizing I'm imprisoned in my own fat and feeling like every attempt to break free of it is futile and ridiculous. thinking I should just give up, and be fat forever. just live with it.

I'm hoping, in the future I won't miss not being able to find pantyhose that actually fit! I'm not quite there yet, I will always have large legs but at least it will be doable.

Last edited by alyc1985; 03-13-2009 at 04:17 AM..
alyc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:04 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zofia_em View Post
For instance, despite being perfectly able, I haven't went upstate to see my friends in close to nine months. Why? I feel they'll like me better if I can lose weight before I see them. I'm through with waiting, and I want to make it happen! : )
I feel the same way! I always feel paranoid that my friends think I'm a failure when I gain weight, or that they're embarrassed to be seen with me or do things with me.

when I was a kid, it was hard for me to go for long walks, to run, play sports or otherwise be active because I was overweight. my friends got bored of it, and I got used to the isolation. WHY? I should be out living.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:09 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Colin View Post
- being recognised and known to KFC and Mcdonald's staff for being a regular patron

oh God, the guy who worked at the pizza place ran into me at work and was SO happy he recognized me, saying "oh, it's you! you come in all the time!" I, on the other hand, was mortified. that's when I realized my nightly large pizza was more than just a habit...
Old 03-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #134
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
Ok still in the begining of my journey but here are things I won't miss

My weight starting with a 2!
The wiifit saying "that's obese!"
Being the fat mom at the bus stop
being a bad role model for my kids

and thing everyone else has mentioned, muffin tops, back fat, flabby arms, gross thighs, fat face.
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tamari
WOE: no guilt allowed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2boysNJ View Post
The wiifit saying "that's obese!"
OMG me too! I get so heated at that silly voice. How about when you first step on it and it's like "OH!", as if you're hurting it? LOL.

I also won't miss having to rely on my sense of humor to get people's attention. I fear that I'd otherwise be invisible without it. Hopefully this won't come across as vain, but I'm definitely the jolly chubby one in my group of friends... I'd like to be noticed for other reasons too!
tamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sandyn
bumping a good post cause I need it to stay on track
sandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoot
Stats: 207/182/170
Start Date: 3/26/09
I don't miss the stack of clothing that piles up each morning as I try to find something that fits comfortably. In the last week, I've worn the first thing I've grabbed!
Snoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jonahsafta
Stats: 165/157.8/153
Start Date: orig. 1995 @248#
I wont miss....being tired all the time.
I wont miss not being able to keep up with my grandchildren.
I wont miss avoiding my image in the mirror.
I wont miss being stuffed in my clothes.
I wont miss wearing clothes to cover me instead of clothes that accentuate a nice figure.
I wont miss my big clothes.
I wont miss my blood sugar swings.
I wont miss only having 8 things that sorta fit.
There are way more things I wont miss that the few things I MIGHT miss.
Jonahsafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Changeling
WOE: Low carb & lifting weights & HIIT
Start Date: 23 July 2013
I don't miss:

- always looking and feeling ugly, no matter how much effort I put into my appearance.
- being horrified every time I saw a photo of myself.
- being the only girl on the beach with a big loose Tshirt over her one-piece bather ... I LOVE wearing cute bikinis now!
- bingeing in secret and alone ... while absolutely hating myself for it.
- struggeling to paint my toe nails.
- spending huge amounts of money on junk food and take-aways.
- never going out because I had nothing to wear and felt ashamed.
- that constant simmering anger deep in my stomach.
- trying to force myself to exercise and hating every lung burning chest aching minute. Now I'm addicted!

Thank you thank you thank you God that those days are behind me.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
What a great topic!

I can't think of a single additional thing to post that I won't miss when I reach goal- and there are already a few I don't miss, with how far I've come already.
Madam De Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newme101
Stats: I weigh too much!!!
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: too many times to count
This is such an inspiring thread! Love it! I can totally relate to everything! And I have a new one.... it was 75 degrees in Michigan last week, and I'm sweating in a hooded sweatshirt but was too embarrassed to take it off, lest anyone see my arm or belly flab.... who am I kidding? I weight over 200 pounds! But there I sat, bundled up while my family ran around in short sleeve shirts enjoying the spring day. I won't miss that AT ALL. Thank you for being here, LCF!
newme101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:55 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yellobrix
Stats: 199/175/150
WOE: Tweaking & Discovering
Start Date: Over & Over... 'Til I Get It Right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFreeSheila View Post

I'll not miss being hot all the time!
You're still hot all the time. Just in a different way.

I already don't miss not being able to wear clothing in regular sizes - it was my first trip to the women's department that got me started on a new way of eating. Bought those size 18 jeans, and blushed as I swiped the debit card. Now I'd like to miss the sizes with two digits (I'm in 10's or 12's now), and keep things size 8 or smaller!

I don't miss not being able to wear high heels because of foot pain. I can wear them for 12+ hours now, no issues.

And I don't miss always going to bed with indigestion, and waking up sick every morning. No more carbage in, garbage out...
Yellobrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: natesmomma99
Stats: 288/269.2/155
WOE: Generic Low-Carb
Start Date: Third Times a Charm.
I think I've said it before, but I won't miss Lane Freaking Bryant! I'm so sick of their $39.99, $49.99, $59.99 price tags on clothes that are crap quality most of the time!
natesmomma99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh! Oh! I won't miss hearing "You have such a pretty face, but..."
Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elise135
Stats: 232.5 / 213.5 (hcg)/182/135
WOE: hcg
Start Date: 1/22/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesmomma99 View Post
I think I've said it before, but I won't miss Lane Freaking Bryant! I'm so sick of their $39.99, $49.99, $59.99 price tags on clothes that are crap quality most of the time!
Oh! Me too! and their jeans are sized 2 3 4 5 etc. What the heck is that! I went down 2 sizes but i don't what my real size is! I'm thinking I might be out of there soon! I won't miss them at all!
elise135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I hate that new jean sizing system. Apparently I'm a Yellow 4. Whatever the heck that is! I refuse to buy jeans there now.

I love Svoboda jeans, if you haven't tried them, I suggest it! They're having a sale right now also and a lot of their jeans that are regularly around 150.00 are 45.00-49.00. They're great quality, and last forever!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #147
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Carol H
Stats: 38yo 5'3" highest-198 169/141/130-135 -GOAL!!
WOE: Atkins & Exercise
Start Date: restart 8/3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisahere View Post
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
After looking at the I miss _____________ thread, it really got me thinking about what I "miss"..........nope, can't do it. No offense to those who have posted, I just can't do it. What it leads me to do is to some how think they were the "good old days" Glory days. News flash Lisa- they weren't and I need to remember that. Very clearly!!! This is the time of our life. Getting lean, strong and healthy, nothing I put into my mouth got me closer to that. So....new thread for those that want to join in....

What do you soooo not miss or will not miss........

I'll gladly go first-

I don't miss-
swinging arm fat

I don't miss
my old hanging belly-nasty gross yuck
or the $10,000. to cut the junk off

I don't miss
back fat that would bulge out from bra- we see it all the time on others, do we think it looked any different on us?

I don't miss
not fitting on a ride with my kids/dh at Six Flags- I could have died 1000 deaths

I don't miss
feeling so fat and ugly in a room full of friends

I don't miss
the feeling of letting myself down-again and again

I don't miss
UGLY plus size clothes& missing out on what I really wanted to buy

I don't miss
thinking that I would always just have to be the fat girl with a pretty face

I'll be totally honest here-
I don't miss walking by Victoria freaken Secrets
and deep inside wanting to be able to go in there and by something to wear for my husband- and damn it I'm not talking just a new bra......fully enjoying him with or without the lights on.....with tears in my eyes....l I don't miss that!

Every year just passing by, not now, hopefully ever again. This is who was barried under all of that mess. I have so much to be thankful for. Sorry for the rant. I needed to put it down in words. I don't miss much.........[/COLOR]

Now it's your turn- think deeply- it helps all of us........
Great thread...no time to post and I need to finish reading as soon as I have a chance...
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elise135
Stats: 232.5 / 213.5 (hcg)/182/135
WOE: hcg
Start Date: 1/22/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesmomma99 View Post
Oh, I hate that new jean sizing system. Apparently I'm a Yellow 4. Whatever the heck that is! I refuse to buy jeans there now.

I love Svoboda jeans, if you haven't tried them, I suggest it! They're having a sale right now also and a lot of their jeans that are regularly around 150.00 are 45.00-49.00. They're great quality, and last forever!
I haven't heard of them. I'll have to look for them. Thanks!
elise135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tena75
I also hate Lane Bryant's sizing system. I do not even want to buy clothes from them anymore.

Tena
tena75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamabear6
Stats: 145/140/120 (previously 175/115)
WOE: LC/VLC
Start Date: Forever ago and still going
I DON'T MISS:
-Feeling tired and getting headaches a little while after each meal
-Not having the energy to have fun
-Feeling bloated like the pillsbury doughboy
-Doing everything I was "supposed to do" to lose weight, and it not working
-Being anxious and depressed
*think I'm hypoglycemic...
I WON'T MISS:
-muffin top
-my zipper on my stretch jeans coming down every time I sit!
-Only being able to fit into one pair of jeans & not having enough $$ to buy new ones, and being mad because there's at least 8 pairs of jeans in my closet that I can't fit into!!!!!!!!!!
-Trying to hide my fat rolls when I sit, there's no way to hide them!!!!!
-Being uncomfortable in my own body
mamabear6 is offline   Reply With Quote