Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PrairieDawn
Stats: 244.5/197/145
WOE: LC/GF/NK
Start Date: May 2011
I found Zevia in my local grocery store!

For all of you in the Saint Louis area, I saw Zevia in the Organic/Health food aisle in a Dierbergs Market. They had several flavors. As soon as payday rolls around I'm going to pick some up!
PrairieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
Allergic to Carbs- I break out in Fat!

Gallery: Diana
Stats: 176.5/138.8/134 (5'3")
WOE: The Original Atkins
Start Date: 8/11/03 Restart 4/08
Lucky you! I am still checking my stores here in Anderson after asking for it...

After trying Zevia I can NOT stand reg diet pops!
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Oh wow, I've never heard of this! DH LOVES coke zero, but I stopped buying it because of the AS. I've never really been a pop drinker, but this looks promising for him! They actually have a store locator on their site searchable by zip code.
BikerAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
Lucky! Enjoy the Zevia.
jacksmixedtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tiffany2288
Stats: 172/141/130 5'4
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct 2010
What is Zevia?
Tiffany2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WyomingDiva
Stats: 289.6/230/180
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: 04/2005
My healthfood store just got this locally. I had previously bought it when 'out of town'.

It's pretty good...but I still have to be careful to not overdo it. I worry that I will eventually become 'sensitive' to the erythritol like I have all the other artificial sweeteners (I get terrible migraines when I use sucralose, asparame, etc.)
WyomingDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahMama
Stats: 6' tall
WOE: calorie cycling
Start Date: 1/15/98 low carb. 3/12/12 calorie cycling
Is this similar to Truvia? It is a combination of stevia and erythritol. I just saw this one at the grocery store for the first time yesterday.
UtahMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahMama
Stats: 6' tall
WOE: calorie cycling
Start Date: 1/15/98 low carb. 3/12/12 calorie cycling
Nevermind....I just did a search and realized that it is a new pop. Will have to look for it now!
UtahMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #9
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
As with the X-Files' latest film, 'I want to believe' was my mantra when I was told about a product called Zevia; still, after a 24 year Diet Coke addiction, I had finally sworn off all artificial sweeteners and wasn't about to replace one addiction with another.

Then along came the natural sweetener in an herb called stevia.

Stevia, while indigenous to subtropic regions, is a plant which can be grown locally in many gardening zones across the United States. While not currently allowed as a sweetener in the United States, Cargill and Coca Cola are working to patent Truvia, a stevia derived sweetener.

Granted, when it comes to soda and chemicals, I have my concerns: any chemical versions of stevia, especially at the hands of a soda company--can that be healthy? I mean come on.

Ian Eisenberg of Zevia came to me and immediately (and with full disclosure) addressed my concerns in-depth. Better yet, I not only tried the soda as a result of his enthusiasm and knowledge about the ingredients in not only his beverage but others, I brought a case of Zevia with me on an RV trip to the Pacific Northwest. Being able to test the product in a real-world situation with four kids and travel shored up the obvious for me: Zevia is a hit.

For the folks out there (like me), who are concerned about what is going into their bodies, a breakdown of all ingredients is openly disclosed, along with their role in the beverage. No polysyllabic latinates will cross your sweet lips without explanation (example: erythritol), and all ingredients are considered carefully prior to implentation.

Zevia comes in 4 flavors: Natural Ginger Root Beer, Natural Twist, Natural Cola and Natural Orange.

We popped open cans of the Zevia on the 2,000 mile, three-day jaunt across the western half of the country. For my oldest son, the Natural Orange was his favorite flavor. Its zesty, independent citrus notes left a fresh aftertaste, and was enjoyed throroughly. For my pre-teen daughter, Natural Twist, the 7-Upesque lemon-lime drink was refreshing, cool perfection, perfect for the travel through sultry Utah landscapes. Its flavors lifted tastebuds to play from dormancy, and, again, the aftertaste was very light and zippy. My younger boy went immediately for the Natural Ginger Root Beer. A pretty hard-core root beer afficionado, he loved its easy, soothing taste, citing that the addition of ginger made for a wonderful combination of two standards: root beer and ginger ale. For the adults in the family, the Natural Cola was the favorite, having a very light taste coupled with the standard amount of caffeine (45 mg) to keep us alert while we traversed road construction through Idaho (in the dark. With me driving. I have no night vision. Think Mr. Magoo with arm flaps.)

Erithrytol caused no indigestion problems whatsoever (Mr. Eisenberg told me that the guilt by association that erithrytol is without merit. This sugar alcohol is actually quite easy on the colon), and there were no resultant cravings which sometimes come about as a result of the use of other sugar alcohols.

Pet Peeve? The product is difficult to find in stores. Since Zevia is a small, grass roots company, it takes more effort to see their product make it to stores. That's where consumers come in. By checking here for local stores carrying the product, or request a store carry Zevia, people looking for a real, all-natural cola will be taking an active step in making voices heard. Zevia can also be ordered online and by phone.

Additionally, for a limited time, Zevia is offering free samples to consumers. Shipping and handling is a little bit pricey, but so are gas costs these days, and UPS drivers have to make a living, too.

Scully and Mulder may still be looking for the truth, but I've found truthfully what I enjoy in a diet beverage: whole, healthy ingredients, a light, zesty flavor, and a fresh aftertaste. These aren't chemicals concocted in a factory. Think of Zevia as the new microbrew of healthy low-glycemic beverages.

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

That was my next question, how does it taste? If your kids liked it, I think I'll need to give this a try.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:31 AM   #11
Allergic to Carbs- I break out in Fat!

Gallery: Diana
Stats: 176.5/138.8/134 (5'3")
WOE: The Original Atkins
Start Date: 8/11/03 Restart 4/08
My DD 8, loves them!!! I took them to work and the guys here loved them! They are very good
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PrairieDawn
Stats: 244.5/197/145
WOE: LC/GF/NK
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Zevia comes in 4 flavors: Natural Ginger Root Beer, Natural Twist, Natural Cola and Natural Orange.

We popped open cans of the Zevia on the 2,000 mile, three-day jaunt across the western half of the country. For my oldest son, the Natural Orange was his favorite flavor. Its zesty, independent citrus notes left a fresh aftertaste, and was enjoyed throroughly. For my pre-teen daughter, Natural Twist, the 7-Upesque lemon-lime drink was refreshing, cool perfection, perfect for the travel through sultry Utah landscapes. Its flavors lifted tastebuds to play from dormancy, and, again, the aftertaste was very light and zippy. My younger boy went immediately for the Natural Ginger Root Beer. A pretty hard-core root beer afficionado, he loved its easy, soothing taste, citing that the addition of ginger made for a wonderful combination of two standards: root beer and ginger ale. For the adults in the family, the Natural Cola was the favorite, having a very light taste coupled with the standard amount of caffeine (45 mg) to keep us alert while we traversed road construction through Idaho (in the dark. With me driving. I have no night vision. Think Mr. Magoo with arm flaps.)

I was wondering which flavor to try first! Thank you for your review! The Natural Ginger Root Beer has me intrigued..... Plus I could add hwc to it for a lc "float"! yay! I can't wait for payday.... (it's like 6 bucks for a 6 pack, a lot for my budget, but I'm gonna squeeze it in )
PrairieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jopalis
Hi... Newbie to this forum. Does anyone know if there are any coupons out there for Zevia? I hear health food store called Lassens out here in So. CA has it and Bristol Farms. I have to watch for diabetes and artificial sweeteners give me migraines. I have so wanted some soda!
jopalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

I bought the ginger root beer, cola, and lemon/lime. My favorite is the root beer, then the lemon lime, cola coming in last. The cola has a funky taste to me, it tastes like diet coke kind of without the artificial sweetener after taste. I like these for a treat, I wouldn't drink them every day because they are so expensive. I've never been a big pop drinker though. I bought them for DH but he's not really crazy about them.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PghPALady1974
WOE: thru my mouth
Sorry to bump up an old thread but I noticed today this is now available on Netrition.
PghPALady1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
I just bought the lemon lime and the orange yesterday, they're tasty. $4 a six pack, though
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Steelslady
Stats: 292/283/180
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 10, 2010 restart May 6, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
I just bought the lemon lime and the orange yesterday, they're tasty. $4 a six pack, though
$6.00 for a six pack here and I found them gross. My youngest daughter and I love Diet Sunkist and were hoping to replace it with the Orange Zevia. Both of us just shuddered when we drank it the first time. We tried another can another day to see if we could get used to it- nope. Tasted gross to us. My oldest daughter and son both love Sprite and Lemon and Lime drinks so we got the lemon lime kind for them and tried that. Oldest daughter and son said it was ok and my youngest and I thought again that it was nasty.

If I get a hankering for soda again I'll just have the Diet Sunkist or Diet Coke and call it a day. Cheaper and tastes better though I am cutting it out of my daily diet unless we go out to eat or have a special occasion as Splenda and Nutrasweet cause me many problems when I've drank those sodas on a daily basis.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've never seen it around here so I am going to order the orange from Netrition just to try it out.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPALady1974 View Post
Sorry to bump up an old thread but I noticed today this is now available on Netrition.
Where? I just looked and don't see it.
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #20
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Funny how we all perceive things differently, cuz I LOVE the orange flavored one! When they first came out with the Zevia, they had a ginger root beer that was awesome. I think they discontinued that one, darn it.

The only place I've seen it so far is at Whole Foods and it's nearly $6/six pack, but that's OK, I've learned to severely curtail my soda habit anyway so an occasional can of orange soda for a buck isn't gonna kill me.
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnas View Post
Where? I just looked and don't see it.
Zevia
Old 02-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Funny how we all perceive things differently, cuz I LOVE the orange flavored one! When they first came out with the Zevia, they had a ginger root beer that was awesome. I think they discontinued that one, darn it.

The only place I've seen it so far is at Whole Foods and it's nearly $6/six pack, but that's OK, I've learned to severely curtail my soda habit anyway so an occasional can of orange soda for a buck isn't gonna kill me.
The ginger root beer is on there too!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieDawn View Post
I was wondering which flavor to try first! Thank you for your review! The Natural Ginger Root Beer has me intrigued..... Plus I could add hwc to it for a lc "float"! yay! I can't wait for payday.... (it's like 6 bucks for a 6 pack, a lot for my budget, but I'm gonna squeeze it in )
i am so jealous i have to drive 65 miles to get mine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopalis View Post
Hi... Newbie to this forum. Does anyone know if there are any coupons out there for Zevia? I hear health food store called Lassens out here in So. CA has it and Bristol Farms. I have to watch for diabetes and artificial sweeteners give me migraines. I have so wanted some soda!
yup i signed up for the emails

Quote:
gotta check that out

it is over 6 bucks for a 6 pack at the store that is 65 miles away but the first ones i got was offline and way more expensive
and they just came out with Dr.Zevia! off to look at netrition
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2kids2cats
Stats: 288/279/150
Start Date: 7/2014
I tried zevia a couple of years ago when it first came out and I wasn't a fan. The twist flavor was tolerable but the cola left much to be desired. I just saw on netrition that there is a black cherry flavor now, I will have to try that.
2kids2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
Quote:
Thank you.

If you do a search on Netrition this does not come up.

Does anyone know what flavor "Twist" might be?
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #26
Gadget Gal

Quote:
The ginger root beer is on there too!
WooHoo! May have to grab a few of those! THANKS!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Thank you.

lemon lime it is good!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you.

Yeah, I see that! Unless they are now an oral contraceptive!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #29
Gadget Gal

And if you look at the Zevia website, they have one called "Dr. Zevia" which I would have to guess is a Dr. Pepper knock-off - might have to try that one too!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #30
Gadget Gal

Twist is lemon/lime.