Old 04-08-2008, 05:19 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LESSOFME
Stats: 20/12/10 5'10"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 1/03/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyinhonolulu View Post
I called customer service for Mcdonalds and they told me the small sugar free vanilla iced coffee is 90 calories with 11 carbs and the medium is 120 calories with 16 carbs. I didn't even bother asking about the large.
Glad you did this. They never responded to my email.
LESSOFME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
I get a small black coffee, a large cup of ice & 1 little thingie of cream on the side (only if it is real cream, not the artificial stuff), and make my own. otherwise I drink it black. Every McD I have been to is very accommodating. I get my burgers without buns. And their grilled chicken Caesar is wonderful!!! Let us not take McD to task!!! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI (in town, getting it my way, and back in con-TROLL).
Hey, this is a good deal because you can have "decaf" this way, too..I'm going to try this tomorrow when I go to another "town". Gosh, it would really save lots of money, wouldn't it?
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #33

Gallery: Meek75
I was tempted to purchase one this morning, but decided against it. I'm not sure of the carb count and didn't want to take any chances. Instead, I got my regular cup of decaf
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Oh yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
yes, I have heard this over and over again at McD's. you HAVE to watch them to make sure they dont add the sugar...

THAT being said, I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have caught my Starbucks baristas [and I love my starbucks dearly] accidentally putting in the full sugar syrup when I asked for SF!

The moral of the story: you gotta be careful when you order out!
My favorite coffee place, Saxby's, disappointed me. I found out that they use powdered coffee (for their blended iced coffee) and I asked to see the ingredients. Can you believe that the first ingredient was SUGAR! I was so sad and now no iced coffee for me.

So yes BE CAREFUL and always ask questions.
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lunchlady615
Then it backed up and rolled over on me..big time..back with you all though..
lunchlady615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tymom
Stats: Big/ not so big/ small
Start Date: August (this time around)
Hi all! Just caught this thread. I work for McD and if you want non-sweet iced coffee (the way I like it myself)... order it "cream only no syrup" and then you will get a yummy unsweet coffee/cream/ice concoction. Iced Coffee "regular" will have syrup in it, so be careful!!

Best wishes.
tymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dartstar1
Stats: 273/256/160 starting again 1-26-12 @259 4-1-12 242
WOE: ATKINS 72 <8
Start Date: 10/12/2009
just order Plain iced coffee NO cream no sugar then ask for 1/2 1/2 and splenda OR keep a bottle of davinnchi in your car , less headaches and worry
dartstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cjack1
Never fear.... this tastes exactly like McD's iced coffee.

1 cup Calorie Countdown Milk (2% is best)
1 single serving packet Nescafe Instant Coffee
3 to 4 TBS Davinci SF Vanilla Syrup

Mix it up and pour it over ice.

Can't tell the difference and it is only 3 carbs.
cjack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #39
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
McDonalds makes me wanna puke. Stay away and make your own. You'll be happy you did.
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: giapetgirl
This is not true! I have personally looked at the back of the sugar free vanilla. For a large iced coffee. The cream has no carbs, it is the same cream used as the small sealed ones they give you for your hot coffee, just from a bigger container that they keep in the frig to keep cold. Look it up for yourself, there is no carbs in it. As far as the Sugar free vanilla, it has 16 carbs for a large coffee, but zero (0) net carbs. Why? because it is sugar free and the carbs that it contains is only alcohol sugar which you body metabolizes differently from other sugars and are to be subtracted from the total carbs. So the answer is, zero carbs unless you add splenda. Splenda contains 1 net carb per a pack. Look it up.
giapetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #41

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
[QUOTE=giapetgirl;14692028]This is not true! I have personally looked at the back of the sugar free vanilla. For a large iced coffee. The cream has no carbs, it is the same cream used as the small sealed ones they give you for your hot coffee, just from a bigger container that they keep in the frig to keep cold. Look it up for yourself, there is no carbs in it. As far as the Sugar free vanilla, it has 16 carbs for a large coffee, but zero (0) net carbs. Why? because it is sugar free and the carbs that it contains is only alcohol sugar which you body metabolizes differently from other sugars and are to be subtracted from the total carbs. So the answer is, zero carbs unless you add splenda. Splenda contains 1 net carb per a pack. Look it up.[/QUOTEH

Half and half does have carbs-granted a small amount but 2 tbl has 1.2 carbs.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
You need to be careful. If you don't specify exactly what it is that you want they will add sugar (in one form or another) in your drink.

I always tell them I want an iced coffee, plain, no sugar or syrups, just cream.
Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #43

Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Why? because it is sugar free and the carbs that it contains is only alcohol sugar which you body metabolizes differently from other sugars and are to be subtracted from the total carbs. So the answer is, zero carbs unless you add splenda. Splenda contains 1 net carb per a pack. Look it up.
No sugar alcohols in splenda.....
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
I had this last summer in the states several times. It was great! I just watched them like a hawk and made sure they used the sugar free syrup and the cream, not milk! I see to remember that the syrup is actually sweetened with eyrthritol (so sorry, not matter how I try I cannot spell that darned word LOL!)?
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #45

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Now, I ask them to add some whipped cream to my iced coffee..It costs an extra quarter, but is delicious.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)
I don't take chances with Micky D's because I have seen them use the real sugar stuff (luckily I can taste the difference immediately) but I don't want all my hard work up in smoke because someone working there is in a hurry or doesn't know the difference. They don't care what real sugar will do to my metabolism. I order regular coffee plain, either iced or hot and add my own creams and if I feel like it, a Splenda.

I do occasionally order the SF Vanilla syrup at Starbucks, but I make them promise not to use the real thing. (They usually get it right, I guess their hiring requirements or training progrms are stricter). Overall, it doesn't do for me to take chances on a simple error screwing up my hard work.

I keep an Atkins Vanilla shake in my frig at work and add a jigger or so of that to my coffee to add vanilla flavor if I need something special. Usually, a packet of Splenda and Half and Half is enough to satisfy. The less I consume AF, the more sensitive I get to the taste and the less I feel that I "need"

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.
(T. E. Lawrence)
martiangurll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
I just did some digging. There are 8 carbs in large coming from the sf syrup which contains erythritol, ace k and splenda

So, for small, if you get the cream & no syrup at all it's 2 carbs
For medium it's 3
Large is 4

Then you could add your own sweetener if you like.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nera
Stats: 260/158/135
WOE: Atkins girl all the way!
Start Date: March 2006
Lunch lady - I feel you!! Went on vacation swearing to be "good" but was under the same wagon with you, ugh! (Man what a ride though withdrawals from the sugar were horrible) Back in the saddle now though and half of that icky weight gone so far!
nera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #49
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
I just did some digging. There are 8 carbs in large coming from the sf syrup which contains erythritol, ace k and splenda

So, for small, if you get the cream & no syrup at all it's 2 carbs
For medium it's 3
Large is 4

Then you could add your own sweetener if you like.
They don't deduct the carbs from the sugar alcohols like many low-carbers do.
The stats show a large with sugar free syrup and cream has 2g sugar, so I'd really only count the 2g for the sugar plus maybe another 2g "for luck", unless you're really sensitive to whatever sugar alcohol they use in the syrup.

Iced Coffee with Sugar Free French Vanilla Syrup (Large) §

SUGAR FREE FRENCH VANILLA SYRUP
PREMIUM ROAST COFFEE
LIGHT CREAM
ICE

160 Calories
2g Protein
9g Fat (14%)
18g Carbs (6%)
135mg Sodium (6%)
Calories from Fat 80 Dietary Fiber 0g (0%) Calcium 70mg (8%)
Saturated Fat 6g (29%) Sugars 2g Iron 0mg (0%)
Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 320IU (6%) Vitamin C 0mg (0%)
Cholesterol 35mg (12%)
Serving Size 32 fl oz cup
Ingredients

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hi Dottie
I agree and thought I said the same? Although I think the "sugar" is simply the lactose in the cream.

My experience with erythritol is limited but positive . I know I stall with maltitol and mannitol. I seem to lose with erythritol.

Just wanted to put up the straight up numbers there for people who count total carbs or don't like sugar alcohols. If you brought liquid Splenda or a small da Vincis and flavored your own , a small is only 2 carbs and that's solely from the cream.

It was a nice size and very tasty. I got sf syrup yesterday and it was very good with the blend of sweeteners.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2fourboyz
Stats: 277/working on it/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 28,2004 recommiting 7/1/13
Our McDonald's in South Dakota only has 1/2 and 1/2 in the little containers. When I order an Iced Coffee I say, large, sugar free vanilla, ice crack. To my knowledge it contains heavy cream, coffee, sugar free vanilla syrup and ice. I was told once that it contained 16 carbs due to the cream. Also, an FYI...the sweet tea here is 4 gallons of tea to 5 lbs of sugar. NO WAY!
mom2fourboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

We don't have half& half in eastern Canada. McDs as well as anywhere else that serves coffee, is required to have "coffee cream" (18%) for the coffee.
It's really good with the coffee cream.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/304.2/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
I ordered one of these one day, drank it, loved it and then checked the website. Couldn't believe the 18g carb!!! how much syrup would you have to put it in to make 18g??

So now I just get the large iced coffee with cream, no syrup and it's approx 4. I just add my own syrup so I know what's going in it.
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

HI LL. I am with McDonald's and i order our iced coffee all the time because is is yummy. However, the way I order it is "cream only no syrup" because i don't like sweet drinks. It is not often ordered that way, so sometimes it comes with SF syrup which is sweet and not what i like. As others have noted, order carefully and check it out before you leave!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Also the iced coffee is our premium roast drip coffee with cream, then the syrup. Most SHOULD have the sugar free, not sure why its not available everywhere (it should be.)

And regarding sweet tea, its tea with a bunch of sugar! Thats how its made in many parts of the country, especially in the South.

Those sweet tea people sure like their sweet stuff (not me!)

Last edited by tymom; 07-30-2013 at 07:27 PM..