LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 02:50 AM   #151
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: warriorscholar
Stats: 355/267/205 6' 2"
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: July 1st 2007
Wow,

This touched me in a way I thought no one else would understand. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
warriorscholar is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #152

Gallery: jt_again
WOE: Atkins
Thank you so much, [COLOR="Blue"]TaDa[/COLOR], for sharing your story! You certainly have a gift for expressing yourself and it is much appreciated. I hope you don't mind, but I have printed it out to save for inspiration. (See, I have printed out your words to save, so perhaps you should consider writing a book after all! )

Also, thank you to whoever bumped this up!
jt_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mack
Stats: (5/23/08) 51 / 33.8 --> / 0
WOE: Healthy lo-carb,seeds,yogurt
Hi Pauline,
Wow, I had not seen this before - was doing a search for your last post - ready to PM a howdy instead - and saw this.
Wonderful.
all the pics and an inspiring tale of success.
Enjoyed the note about why you were smiling coming out of wet stuff on a run - family cheering - sweet !

Will look up that no-binge-eating book too.

Thanks
big Irish hugz
Mack
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #154
Drama Queen

Gallery: pattysparkle
Stats: 425 estimate/375/ '270' / 180
WOE: RNY 3/11/09 90gm Protein Daily/ Bariatri
Start Date: January 2002-Atkins/ June 2006-Low Carb 2007-8
Hi Pauline,

I have been away for several months, I have wondered about you, ran across this post.......very heartfelt, we all have a story don't we !!

Keep it up, you have a gift with words and you are a great encourager...we all share so many of the same emotions.

You are Precious.

Blessings,

Patty Ann
pattysparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skeeweeaka
Stats: 235/215/135
WOE: Low Carb! Alternate Day!
Start Date: March 2008! January '09 Restart!
Wow...your story is so very, very inspirational... Weight loss and binge eating is a terrible struggle and affects every aspect of my life... I am struggling every day to put the pieces of the puzzle together because I want and need to be a better person. I want to accomplish this thing called weight loss, something I have never been able to achieve for long, and maintain it!

I want to eat to live and not live to eat.... I want my emotional bonds with food for support to diminish and to be replaced with positive coping mechanisms that benefit me and my dd...

Thank your for an excellent story... It was truely motivational...

TJ
235/[COLOR=red]215[/COLOR]/135
Goals for this Month...1. Drink 96 ounces of water a day. 2. Exercise 3 days a week. 3. Eat at BMR at least 3 days week!
skeeweeaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
An amazing story, that had me both laughing and crying. You are an inspiration in so many ways - not just weight loss, but on how a person should live each day, be thankful and humble.
Reading your story was like reading my own life story (only I haven't got to the weightloss bit yet!!) You inspire a confidence that it can happen for me and anyone else that really wants it. You are amazing and deserve all the happiness in the world. I hope that your dreams just keep on coming true and you keep being the inspiring force that you are.
G x

I'm taking back control...Its my time!

lbs to go....

WATP 26/11/2012
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: andipand
Stats: 293/287/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 08/04/2014
Thank you for sharing your inspiring story :-)
andipand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:36 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jonahsafta
Stats: 165/157.8/153
Start Date: orig. 1995 @248#
Ta-Da....can you give us an update????
Jonahsafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:43 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zizi
Stats: Over 84 lbs. lost in ~16 months. Goal @ 3/2011
WOE: Low Carb Eclectic
Start Date: LAST Restart Mid-March 2010
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #160
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta View Post
Ta-Da....can you give us an update????
Still doing great and have kept the weight off pretty much the same way I lost it. I feel like I've just turned into a normal person somehow. My weight goes up a little and my jeans get tight and I just eat a little more carefully til things get back to comfortable. I've even managed to go on vacation, eat at buffets, drink, etc and gain no more than a pound or two.

My outlook on things is just 100% different. The norm for me is to eat lowcarb and to exercise, with the occasional "bad" meal, or week of too-little exercise, etc.

People who know me now and did not know me before 2003-4 have no idea ... recently I mentioned it to someone and she seemed very shocked. Then other people I knew before do not even know who I am unless I tell them .. weird! Good, but weird!

TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: meeha
Stats: 258/258/when it feels right
WOE: My Way
Start Date: 1/09/2014
I really needed to read this today. What a story, congrats on your succcess!
meeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #162
Old Wise One

Gallery: jezzie
Stats: choosing to be scale-free;
WOE: (48% C; 33% Fat; 19% P; )
Start Date: 11/22/11 - MediterrAsian, Flexitarian, Oz-ish
I've read this thread at least five times.
( not in one sitting. )

What an inspiration you are!
In general ... to anyone seeking 'any' goal.
Specifically: ... to the low carb vegetarians.

jezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jonahsafta
Stats: 165/157.8/153
Start Date: orig. 1995 @248#
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDa! View Post
Thanks

Still doing great and have kept the weight off pretty much the same way I lost it. I feel like I've just turned into a normal person somehow. My weight goes up a little and my jeans get tight and I just eat a little more carefully til things get back to comfortable. I've even managed to go on vacation, eat at buffets, drink, etc and gain no more than a pound or two.

My outlook on things is just 100% different. The norm for me is to eat lowcarb and to exercise, with the occasional "bad" meal, or week of too-little exercise, etc.

People who know me now and did not know me before 2003-4 have no idea ... recently I mentioned it to someone and she seemed very shocked. Then other people I knew before do not even know who I am unless I tell them .. weird! Good, but weird!

thank you..you are such inspiration
Jonahsafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lighterbeing
Stats: 2much /...I rarely weigh.../160
WOE: Atkins most of the time
Start Date: June 2009
Thanks for all the work you put into such an inspiring story. And you are beautiful! You look 10 years younger than your age. Loved reading it.
lighterbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 AM   #165

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 198.8/176.6/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Jenny Craig
Start Date: July 11, 2014
I know this is an old tread bumped a few days ago from 3 years ago but I wasn't here then.. Thank you for taking the time to post your inspirational story. Congratulations, on your success!!

Last edited by Kaimi2008; 08-18-2009 at 01:02 AM..
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AuntieEm
Stats: 260/130/150
WOE: LC, whole foods
Start Date: 12/1/11
I remember this from a few years ago, and WOW, if I ever needed to revisit a post, this is it! I just favorited this - so glad it was bumped!
AuntieEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: JONAH'S GRANNY
Stats: Way too much/115 lbs.
WOE: Low Calorie
Start Date: 01/03/2008/Originally 2003
You are truly an inspiration. Thanks for the update.

Granny
JONAH'S GRANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
TaDa,

I just wanted to bump this thread.
Your story is one I have in my motivational file on my desktop and I read it often.

You are one of the reasons I will never give up, EVER.

To read about your struggle and see that you constantly worked at it until you figured it out is what keeps me going sometimes.

I also love that the fact you are veggie and didn't instantly scoff at doing Atkins.

I just think more people need to read your words. They have been something I go back to often!
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #169

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
Start Date: April 2, 2003
DH - thanks for bumping!

TaDa - how are you today? How's life treating you? What keeps you busy and motivated? Has your eating plan changed much?

You are an inspiration!
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyHair View Post
I just wanted to bump this thread.
Your story is one I have in my motivational file on my desktop and I read it often.

You are one of the reasons I will never give up, EVER.

To read about your struggle and see that you constantly worked at it until you figured it out is what keeps me going sometimes.

I also love that the fact you are veggie and didn't instantly scoff at doing Atkins.

I just think more people need to read your words. They have been something I go back to often!
Awwww thanks, lol! I always find it vaguely embarassing to have this thread bumped, lol .. even though I keep it at the bottom of my sig so people who have questions might read it first, lol!

Funny, the veg thing and Atkins .. Dr. A and then the media most of all really did him a disservice by describing his program as "all meat all the time" ... I disregarded him as just another Stillman diet for pretty much my entire life until I was closing in on 40. The only reason I even picked up DANDR ... my sister's bf was just blathering on and on about the science behind Atkins and I said to myself, well if it's true of animal protein, why would vegetarian protein be treated any differently by your body ... I was also encouraged to hear that vegetables were included ... and I went from there. I am really so thankful that lowcarb has now gone mainstream and there are multiple plans out there and even excellent vegetarian cookbooks, etc ... Rose Elliott in particular ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlsNCuffs View Post
DH - thanks for bumping!

TaDa - how are you today? How's life treating you? What keeps you busy and motivated? Has your eating plan changed much?

You are an inspiration!
I'm good CnC! I find since 2006 that my weight goes up and then I take her back down .. but I remain in "healthy bmi" for my height, so that is really amazing to me. I really want to maintain more consistently, so I recently joined TOPS - they welcome all meal plans. When I went, there were people there who had maintained (within a specified range) for 20 years.

When my weight goes up, it is usually because I am eating above 100-120 net carbs AND higher calories for an extended period of time (can we say: Thanksgiving to New Years, lol!).

Anyhow, when I need to lose some, I don't do induction, I just back my carbs down to 70 and keep an eye on the calories .. it takes a loooong time to lose 5 lbs, but I need normality to keep from binge-eating! That is what I am doing right now.

I also started taking St. John's Wort to help with winter depression and it has really pepped me up, lol! I seem to be going crazy cooking with fresh produce the last couple of weeks .. and it is not my usual behaviour, lol!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #171
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Lurchy
Quote:
Anyhow, when I need to lose some, I don't do induction, I just back my carbs down to 70 and keep an eye on the calories .. it takes a loooong time to lose 5 lbs, but I need normality to keep from binge-eating! That is what I am doing right now.
When your carbs are sitting at 70, about how many fat grams and calories?
Lurchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurchy View Post
When your carbs are sitting at 70, about how many fat grams and calories?
umm? to lose weight?

uhhh ..
Thursday: 1758 calories, 86 gm fat, 84 gm net carbs
Wednesday: 1775 calories, 83 gm fat, 77 gm net carbs
Tuesday: 1774 calories, 89 gm fat, 75 gm net carbs

Not including Friday since I had a few glasses of red wine which is what I always do on a Friday night with dinner. So I guess, ha! I'm over 70 net carbs, lol! fyi, I also do exercise rigorously 4x/week at the moment for at least an hour .. and have been having a "Pure Protein" bar at breakfast which has sugar alcohols and is 9 net carbs after fiber subtraction.

I'm not sure how that info would help someone else, lol! but there you are
Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #173
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:

I'm not sure how that info would help someone else, lol! but there you are
It's good info actually. I feel better with my carbs in the 70-80 range and lose just fine. But my protein is generally just adequate because I don't eat alot of meat and get it from other sources as well. That always means that my fat ends up high... 80ish and I was worried it was too much with that many carbs.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurchy View Post
It's good info actually. I feel better with my carbs in the 70-80 range and lose just fine. But my protein is generally just adequate because I don't eat alot of meat and get it from other sources as well. That always means that my fat ends up high... 80ish and I was worried it was too much with that many carbs.
You lose ok on that, so is the worry cholesterol? My last one was taken in 2006 and the doctor refuses to take it anymore without "good reason" because it was so good.

Quote:
June 27, 2006

Cholesterol (June '06): 189 total, HDL: 92, LDL: 90, Triglycerides: 36
At the time that cholesterol was taken, I was losing on 120-150 gm fat a day, net carbs in the low-mid 60's, and was running for exercise. hth
Old 01-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #175
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #176

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
Start Date: April 2, 2003
Thank you! That is awesome to hear you are doing so well - and that yes - it's not a straight line(your weight) it goes up and down - and that you know what to do to bring it back down......do you eat any meat? Are you purely veggies now? Fish? What about grains - oatmeal, sweet potatoes, fruit? Do you eat from all food groups? Maintenance is a challenge!
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #177

CnC I eat vegetarian at home - so 99% of the time - and when I'm out, I'll eat fish, or a special occasion (like today I bought that Seafood Cioppino Stew from Trader Joe's that they were talking about over in the TJs thread). I haven't eaten meat or chicken in over 30 years and it's not something I expect to ever change.

At home - again 99% of the time, I eat 100 net carbs or less - I was eating cheerios daily, but I stick to my lc pitas and pretty much avoid pasta, rice and potatoes. I prefer to eat mashed turnip or mashed cauliflower - personal preference that works out, lol! I haven't been eating beans too much, but can eat them no problem. Don't like sweet potatoes and the only fruits that ever interest me are berries. I think my tastes probably just evolved to prefer lc foods ... and for me a treat is eating something like an outrageous cheesy portion of eggplant parm at a fave restaurant that is probably like 1000 calories ... but not quite as outrageous in the carb area ...

I still avoid peanuts (in the house only) as it is a trigger food for me - just can't get enough of it, lol! I'm currently using soynut butter but just bought some sunflower seed butter to try. I eat quite a bit of almonds daily - good protein source. Also dairy, eggs, soy foods, lots and lots of veggies ... actually I just realized that yesterday was a little insane: 1/2 lb brussel sprouts, 3 celery sticks, half an avocado, and 1 lb frozen chopped spinach :blush: [edited to add: onion slices and salsa, lol!]

If I'm out I'll have sugarfree ice cream, or those "no-sugar added" dilly bars at DQ and I will eat deep fried seafood in batter with onion rings (rather than french fries) at the beach.. which is of course (like the eggplant parm), bad white bread carbs, lol! But I still bring an lc bar or dessert with me out and won't eaten sugar-laden desserts .. if I want to feel spoiled, I'll have a cappuccino following a meal or something like that ..

I don't feel deprived at all actually think I get to eat more / better than many people who have always watched their weight.. I just like a higher fat diet and the carb thing doesn't really tempt me too much as long as I can have my veggies, lol!

Last edited by TaDa!; 01-30-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Old 01-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zanjabil
Stats: 215/195/145
WOE: Ketosis/ mostly carnivorous
Start Date: 8/12/13 (again)
I really appreciate you telling your story. You are inspirational.
Zanjabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JazzleBug
Stats: 235.7 | 216.8 | 135 @ 5'6"
WOE: HCG/Primal Blueprint/Leptin Reset
Start Date: 4/6/12
Char, you've been on such an amazing journey. I'm bookmarking this thread in my motivations folder. Thank you for sharing this with us.

I do have to say that I think you're a beautiful woman, extra weight or no. Your wedding photo makes me smile.

I won't go into specifics, but there is much that I relate to in your story. Thank you for writing it.
JazzleBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Bumping
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote